Forretress (M) @ Leftovers ** Meteor
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 196 Def / 44 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Counter
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Reflect

I've been having fun with this team. It catches a lot of people off guard since a lot of people don't know what Banette can do. They also seem to expect Forretress to Spike but this is a lot more useful. Blissey can really mess with special sweepers, which is always fun. Gyarados is meant to be able to come in and sweep, as well as being aided by a SD celebi.

Well, the problem I see this team having is basically that spikes damage will rack up rather quickly, as skarm will easily spike up against Forry/Gyarados/Bannette. As nice as reflect is on forry, I would rather have spin over it. The rest of the team looks solid, although you'll want to look out for something random like roarkou.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Forry has 354 HP and 400 def.

I think he can manage.
Actually, without Rapid Spin or Wish support, Forretress will have a hard time taking repeated CB HP Flying from Salamence. However, Counter can kill it off: an Intimidated non-Spiking Forretress is no threat to Salamence whatsoever, and will stay in and keep using HP Flying. This will more or less cripple Forretress and prevent it from taking more hits from, say, a CB normal type, so maybe Wish>Softboiled on Blissey can help it out more.

I like this team, though you have nothing to take status except NC cele. After a few rounds, the opponent may know enough about the team, and predict accordingly, like twave on Cele's SD pass to gyara.

I dunno, maybe NC for Bliss too, to compensate slightly? Though freeze hax is always nice...

How do you handle status on this team? Go to celebi everytime?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot both celebi and blissey get natural cure.

How do you handle status on this team? Go to celebi everytime?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot both celebi and blissey get natural cure.
actually i can also switch banette into sleep moves because of insomnia and forry into toxics. forretress doesnt really care about paralysis either.

gyarados sucks in ADV. Taunt is not nearly as good, and you'll have to resort to HP Rock just to get a second physical move. IMO, Salamence does the QuakeSliding with Dragon Dance a whole lot better (and not just because he uses a real rock-type move)... 'Mence can actually pack 3 physical moves, and you truly have a choice as to what you want the third to be.

gyarados sucks in ADV. Taunt is not nearly as good, and you'll have to resort to HP Rock just to get a second physical move. IMO, Salamence does the QuakeSliding with Dragon Dance a whole lot better (and not just because he uses a real rock-type move)... 'Mence can actually pack 3 physical moves, and you truly have a choice as to what you want the third to be.
First of all, Gyarados is a huge force to reckon with in ADV, and Taunt is the REASON why he is such a threat. It stops tanks such as Milotic from recovering and using Toxic on it, and with things like Skarmory, it prevents phazing. Furthermore, Salamence is a far more fragile dragon dancer than Gyarados, and although it gets 3 attack moves, it fails in comparison to the sheer power that Taunt has. That being said, Gyarados is easily the better choice for this team than Salamence, not only for what I just stated, but also for the fact that it provides more synergy with the team as a whole.

And just so you know, HP Rock stops what is quite possibly the number 1 counter to Gyarados in the ADV metagame, which is Zapdos. Sacrifice HP Flying, which gives STAB and a base power of 105, (5 more power than eq), and you will see that it is but a small price to pay in order to take out a massive counter and threat of the opposing team.

lmao @ 'gyarados sucks in ADV'

yeah, being a DDer that doesn't have to run like shit from bulky waters is a bad thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)