there's a heatran in the pokemon tv show so i made a thread about it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teh, Ash seriously needs to make a competitive team for once. The closest he's came to that was in sinnoh with infernape and gliscor. I mean Barry had a more competitive team then Ash did which is....... Actually, Barry had a pretty good team now that I think of it. Skarm, Empoleon, Roserade, Staraptor, Hitmonlee and Heracross aren't too shabby.
Competitive in the anime =/= competitive in the game. There's been utter domination by Bellsprout, Magikarp, Tynamo, Sandshrew, and lots of other stuff. Anime has some weird stuff going on but is it hard to accept that not everything is decided by base stats?

Competitive in the anime =/= competitive in the game. There's been utter domination by Bellsprout, Magikarp, Tynamo, Sandshrew, and lots of other stuff. Anime has some weird stuff going on but is it hard to accept that not everything is decided by base stats?
Exactly. What do base stats and abilities mean when you have love and trust?

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
how do you make a fish longer?
you eelongate it

also

also: where did the name 'heatran' even come from? idgi

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Bulbapedia said:

Name origin

Heatran may be a combination of heat and transfer. Tran may also derive from transition metal, referring to its Steel-type (note that steel itself is not a transition metal, but an alloy of one).
Best I could find. Pretty poor naming strategy if you ask me.

Since when has anime battling ever made sense?

Pikachu can't harm an Aerodactyl but it can dominate a Rhydon by aiming for the horn.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Could it just be that when ridiculous pokemon just totally own Ash's pokemon they're just of a much higher level? Maybe his pikachu just couldn't do anything to that bellsprout because it was L100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)