1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

They call me Mr.200%

Discussion in 'VGC' started by xavplusplus, Sep 12, 2013.

1. xavplusplus

xavplusplus

Whenever I start something I can't do it casually. Thats why my buddies get mad at me and call me Mr.200%. Also at 20 years old pokemon in a casual format is boring to me. I want to start playing pokemon bw competitively. I have no idea where to start. I read up on styles. Due to my magic playing past (in which I played esper control) soo I was thinking counter or stall(which is what I really want to play) I have heard good and bad about the style in the same way that you will hear the same about control. Can anyone take me under their wing? I'll only bother you for a while till I get the basics and then you won't have to help if you don't want to. Also I could show you a few things about magic if you're interested. PM me or reply. I am sorry if this wasn't the right thread I looked for an intro thread and didn't find it.
  2. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

Well, I don't do much stall, but I could help. Just a word of advice, because of the power creep stall is near impossible to play in this gen, but maybe it'll become more viable again when x/y launches.
  3. xavplusplus

xavplusplus

I was also considering counter
  4. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

Well that might be a problem as I'm not too familiar with counter, but I will help as best I can.
  5. xavplusplus

xavplusplus

Thanks man! Hopefully I can get really into this
  6. lucariojr

lucariojr goodra will hunting
    is a Contributor to Smogon

if you're interested in playing in vgc, stalling turns is a major component of doubles formats. you can learn more about them either on the doubles subforum under smogon metagames or nuggetbridge (which is a separate website). you're in the vgc subforum so i assume this is what you were looking for. if it isn't, lurk more.
  7. xavplusplus

xavplusplus

I was looking more for a place to introduce myself and figure out how to start playing. I've been researching a little and am now leaning more towards weather
  8. Hulavuta

Hulavuta They call me "The Rose of Martial Arts"
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

9. xavplusplus

xavplusplus

That helped!!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)