This is only your first? o.o - Worlds Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaOmega

VGC 2009 Juniors Champion
Hi! I'm AlphaOmega, and this is my first war story. My real name is Jeremy Fan, and I attended Worlds as a senior.

THURSDAY

So I get up at 5 to drive to the airport, eat breakfast, and board the airplane at 8:30. I met Ruben and Albert, who sat in front of me, but at that time I had no idea who they were. I watched 2 guys in TCG Worlds play each other and give suggestions, which lasted 5 hours.

I arrive at about 11 am, and my parents drive to the Hilton. I see dtrain, Kinneas, BlueCookies, Ninahaza, Deagle, and Metabou. We go drop off my stuff; I eat lunch, and my parents run off to tour the island. I have 7 and a half hours to do whatever I want. :)

After finding the convention center and exploring, I just decide to wait with Deagle and Metabou for the Ha party, skarm, and anyone else. This lasts til my parents get home. I chill out with everyone in the lobby, and then I head back to go to sleep at like 10 p.m.

FRIDAY

After a good night's sleep, I hastily eat breakfast and go to convention center. Btw, I do not suffer from jetlag at all. I meet up with all of the other Smogonites who would be competing in the LCQ (PBB, dtrain, Zog, and Ninahaza).

We cheer them on, dtrain, PBB, Ninahaza, and Zog win the first 2 rounds luckily. Unforntunately, dtrain and Zog lose to the Japanese Lanturn dude and Mrs Arnold respectively.

It's lunch break now, so almost everyone, except for the Spanish dudes, head outside and take the dollar shuttle to the shoppping mall to eat at the food court.

Time slowly passes by, and Huy, Duy, Dan, the 2 Mikes, their women, and Jesus end up leaving at like 8 p.m. to find the pool to swim in. We pass by the fake pool, then the giant ocean in the middle. We were ready to push Jesus into the water and let him walk. =) We finally reach the pool between the Palace and Ocean Tower. There are some random turtle tiles in the water, and OmegaD jumps in to see if they were real or not. TUrns out they were fake. In the end, we decide not to jump in and instead chill out on the relaxers, discussing about the big day
tomorrow.

Courtesy of Dan

THis random dude comes up and says he needs a team to use for tomorrow. According to him, he was bored and didnt want to wait for the TCG LCQ, so Metabou (I think) gave him a team to enter into the VGC LCQ. Well, he made it in. It sorta pisses me off where he got in on accident and better- deserving players like dtrain or ZOg didn't get in. But I won't sulk about it like Zog does. As he leaves, HUy starts talking about this dude called Evan Falco and who he was. That random dude earlier was actually Evan Falco. :p Anyways I head back to sleep why they stay and chill.

SATURDAY

I get up at like 8:30 and get down at 8:45, where I wait for the rest of the Smogonites. The opening ceremonies start and a Hawaiian dude starts chanting. dtrain and Zog whip out their cameras/ camcorders and start taking photos/ recording stuff. we all head to the Kona ballroom, where they assign us seating. I end up sitting infront of Isao Yoshioka, who would end up in the Top 8. They switch everyone's seating and I end up playing Albert from Spain. So before I start, you should see my team.

Kyogre

Timid
252 SpAtt/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
-Lum Berrry
~Protect
~Surf
~Thunder
~Blizzard

Toxicroak

Adamant
252 HP/ 252 Att/ 4 Def
-Life Orb
~Fake Out
~Protect
~Sucker Punch
~Low Kick

Abomasnow
Quiet

252 HP/ 252 Sp Att/ 4Def
-Focus Sash
~Protect
~Blizzard
~Grass Knot
~Ice Shard

Palkia
Modest

252 SpAtt/ 252 Spe/ 4Hp
-Haban Berry
~Blizzard
~Spacial Rend
~Surf
~Protect

That was my team. I also had Ludicolo and Metagross backup but never used them. Like my '09 team, I just spam SUrf with Palkia/Toxicroak out or spam Blizzards.

Round 1- Albert
Just to let you know, I have short term memory loss. All I remember is getting slaughtered by Blissey once Toxicroak died. My fault on that.

0-1

Round 2- Robert Wein (Kedavra)
Robert uses a Sunny Day team and leads with Groudon and something else. I switch Toxicroak for Abomasnow and Blizzard, I think knocking both Pokemon out. From then on It just goes downhill for him.
The next battle he adds Exegutor to his team and puts my guys to sleep, I lose.
I switch Lum Berry onto my Abomasnow, It suprises him and he loses

1-1

Round 3- Glenn Arnold (Hagrid Twin)
Mr. Arnold uses Rayquaza, Kangaskhan, something and something. I dont remember well, but Air Lock screwed me over.

1-2

Round 4- Wesley Morioka
Wesley used the same thing as Nats, Rayquaza, Kangaskhan, topogre, palkia. First game he tottaly predicted me and beat me, second game i win, third game i hax him. It goes like this:

Palkia and Hitmontop (Wesley) vs. Kyogre and Palkia (Me)

Hitmontop uses Mach Punch, Palkia survives with 1 hp, His palkia spacial rends and misses, Kyogre thunders his palkia for knockout, palkia spacial rend kills hitmontop with a CRITTIIICCOOOOOO

2-2

Round 5- Judd Price (Kongler)
I beat Judd in the first round, but in the end he slaughtered me with double edge Snorlax. With Choice Band. >.<

2-3

Round 6- Linda Arnold
She uses her mono attacking team of Specs Zapdos, banded groudon, scarfogre, and something else. First turn I switch out Toxicroak for abomasnow and blizzard for double Ko i think. She wins second game and I win 3rd.

3-3

SO at the end of the day, I end up 3-3 and 25th in the world. Not too bad, I guess, for my first year in seniors. But Cybertron's also my age I think so Ill try to do better next time.

After a long day of battling the Ha family treats me and Dan to dinner at this steakhouse place. I love Huy and Duy's parents (no homo). :D We hit the pool after and go to watch the movie (Arceus and the Jewel of Life) with me, Huy, Duy, Dan, Dale, and Reese, but we end up not watching the movie and just chatting about these past few days. In the end, Len comes and gets pissed that we were getting out. :D We go back to the lobby and chill out, where Ray and Thomas start dominating at Fuzzball. Even the mighty team Kinahaza couldn't stand up to them. In the end, I voted them Uber and they couldnt be on the same team anymore. :D

Sunday

I get up at 8, eat breakfast,....... and then go downstairs at like 8:30. We all gather and watch the matches go on. Out of our 4 Smogoner Top 8'ers, only Ray wins, and wins again.

Courtesy of Dan

Now it's lunch break and we have until 3:15 or something like that, so about 3 hours of just chilling out. The Ha's leave, and me, Jesus, the 2 Mikes and their women, Dale, and Reese go over to the Orchid Marketplace to eat, and then Dale and I jump into the pool right after eating. >.< Not that good of an idea.

>>Fast Forward>>

We go back and watch Ray win with his awesome hax. One of the only times where you thank the Gods of hax instead of trying to kick their ass. The Ending ceremony starts and ends, and we go back and hit the pool, except when I get their, no one's there. So I spend like half an hour looking for everyone, and never find anyone except for an also-lost Zog and his brother. ZOG TELL YOUR BROTHER TO TALK MORE. RAWR We end up heading back to the lobby and say goodbye to Ray, who is trying to get his big-ass trophy sent back home. Everyone else shows up and we chill in the lobby until like 1 (that's when I went back) with us Smogoners and the Japanese. We have Battle Factory teams and Us vs. Japan battles. Huy and Dan lose to the mighty Sunflora who leech seeds them til they die. Me and Len decide to go bad-ass style and just beat them. Gengar kicked their butts. <('.'<)

My mom rushes down, pissed as hell that I stayed til 1 when I'm a youngster. =) I ask Dan for their card and run from the lobby to the Ocean tower, where we try and open the door, but it doesnt work. I was pissed that we would have to walk back and tell them, but I do it once more and it works. I run back to the lobby and hand back the card, say my goodbyes and shake hands.

Monday

I got up at 5 to go to see the volcanoes, and it turns out there was no lava. =(

It was great to finally meet you guys in person and it was great hanging out with yall. I look foward to next year.

Props
-Dan for always helping me and always being so nice.
-The Ha's for being awesome and giving me free food.
-Skarm for being an awesome guy to talk to.
-Eric for showing me how beast Ho-oh is.
-Len for teaching me the secrets of Blizzard spamming.
-Ninahaza cuz he can walk on water.
-Omega Donut cuz he was nice to me last year whe I didnt know anyone.
-Ray for winning worlds and beatin up little kids at TCG.
-Bad Intent for just being koo.
-Dale, Reese, and Zog for having awesome accents.
-PBB for attempting to make Poffins.
-Milan for shadow sneaking people.
-Mike Liesik for giving me a free trip to get here.

If I forgot anyone, Sorry.

Slops
-Worlds for being only 5 days.
-Me for not preparing much.
-Thomas and Dale getting DQ'd. Sob.

Oh Jeremy I had no idea AlphaOmega was you! It was awesome meeting you, and yes Ho-Oh is a beast. See you next year!
-Erik

good job jeremy! 3-3's not too bad either! go first year seniors :)

hopefully, we'll meet at nationals/worlds next year!

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
let me start off by saying jeremy what a pleasure it was to meet you. i am just gonna comment on a few things i noticed when i read your warstory

I met Ruben and Albert, who sat in front of me, but at that time I had no idea who they were.
DDUUDDEEE we were on the same plane, i was a few seats behind ruben and albert e_e

We were ready to push Jesus into the water and let him walk. =)
haha yeah, remeber at that same place we were helping Duy find the ocean at dark, and those random people walked by and helped Duy find the ocean as well. good times

ITS OVER THERE DUY :)

We go back to the lobby and chill out, where Ray and Thomas start dominating at Fuzzball. Even the mighty team Kinahaza couldn't stand up to them.
o yeah i already gave ray and thomas thier heads up for worlds 2011, kinnahaza is coming back strong. we only get stronger win or lose.

Great story Jeremy. Two things. Stop apologizing when you beat someone :) and since we are playing a video game, you can call me Glenn.

I know David and Ryan are looking forward to playing against you in the future.

Haha, nice warstory. :P

And hey I wasn't ranting about losing! I did yknow tell you in person that godawful post came off completely wrong and stuff. I was supposed to be talking about the poor sportsmanshp in that battle and competitive Pokémon in general but it was choppily edited and came off much harsher than was intended (I was deeply upset, not angry :( ), and gave entirely the wrong impression.

But yeah was so much fun duding around and everything. :D

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I am glad that I was able to ruffle up your hair in person! It was awesome meeting you. You're a lively kid and have many great years ahead of you beating up on us old people in the competitions to come... :p

AlphaOmega

VGC 2009 Juniors Champion
Haha, nice warstory. :P

And hey I wasn't ranting about losing! I did yknow tell you in person that godawful post came off completely wrong and stuff. I was supposed to be talking about the poor sportsmanshp in that battle and competitive Pokémon in general but it was choppily edited and came off much harsher than was intended (I was deeply upset, not angry :( ), and gave entirely the wrong impression.

But yeah was so much fun duding around and everything. :D
Lol I completely forgot about that. =P

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jeremy! It was great to meet you, you're a lot of fun to hang out with and have a sense of humour of someone much older than yourself, I practically forgot it was your first year in seniors because it felt like you were on the same level as the rest of us, even in battling ability. I'm looking forward to getting crushed by you in San Diego next year. :P

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Jeremy, great to meet you and we'll surely see each other again next year. I completely agree with Kinneas's post, except the part about being crushed ;)

See you next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)