This is team name

Hello reader of these words, this is my first ever RMT and I hope you like my team. I've been playing RU for the past month and I've gotten around #50 on the Showdown! Ladder, not the best but its good enough for me ._. I've always liked teams with a main sweeper and defensive support rather than offensive, as well as hazards. I guess we should get into the people you've been waiting for:

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

The main man, the almighty, its the great Hitmonlee! As my main sweeper, this guy is just a boss once checks are weakened enough. The Unburden + Normal Gem is my set of choice due to being able to set up with less prediction involved compared to Reversal. Once the gem is used, Hitmonlee outspeeds every poke in the tier including Choice Scarfs and easily cleans up teams without priority users left.

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SAtk / 84 Spd
Brave Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Flamethrower

Thanks to col49's suggestions this Druddigon set has taken the place of a spiking lead Accelgor and does its job rather well. The EVs allow for a 2HKO of defensive Tangrowth with Flamethrower, while outspeeding tangrowths as well (without investment). I find, however, that due to Life Orb and for a poke being in a tank-ish role, he dies off a bit too easily.
He is a great asset to the team but I think that something can be changed.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

This guy. THIS GUY! Steelix can wall tons of threats with its huge defence and typing. It gets Stealth Rocks up with ease and can abuse the hazards with Roar which i prefer simply because of the 100% accuracy. Max special defence to allow him to take both physical and special hits relatively well. Gyro Ball and EQ provide good coverage against threats Steelix covers such as Galvantula, Aerodactyl and Aggron.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Lawn mowers are not always the most reliable machines but this one sure is. This Rotom used to be Specially defensive but after col49's suggestions it has become a Choice Scarf user and is amazing. I've always LOVED Scarfed Rotom-W in OU, and I use this Rotom very similarly; due to its great bulk it can come in on resisted attacks easily and Volt Switch out for some momentum or do some good damage with Leaf Storm. HP Ice helps deal with Tangrowth and Amoongus a bit as they both give me huge problems. Trick also helps deal with them and other walls including, though not as much, Uxie.

Spiritomb @ Choice Band
Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Trick

My priority user, spinblocker and Psychic- and Ghost-type remover. Even with only STAB attacks Spiritomb does great against spinners and is my first check to Jynx and SD Gallade. Trick messes up walls including Amoonguss and Tangrowth who otherwise give me HUUUGE trouble. And I mean huge. This man's also my second check to Cosmic Power Sigilyph despite being vulnerable to being burned.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Def / 200 SDef
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This man is my one and only switch in to Moltres. I remember being 6-0'd by a lead Moltres in the early matches i had with this team. Standard mixed bulk lets it switch into physical threats like Entei as well. RestTalk because I found the team to be really vulnerable to having a sleeping member, so having a status absorber seemed like a good idea.

I don't think I have much more to say, however Tangrowth and Amoonguss both really trouble this team due to Regenerator almost completely negating the damage from even full hazards. All in all this team has been really good for my first team in RU and I think just needs a few changes to be even better.
I've tried to keep this a bit short but I should be able to elaborate on most threats.​

Hey Hippowhurr, got the pm ^_^ Anywho, I like the team, as well as the way it uses Unburden Hitmonlee well, the core of Unburden 'Lee+CB 'Tomb is a pretty cool one I've personally toyed around with myself a little :P

Anywho, as you mentioned, the Regenerator Grass-types seem somewhat difficult to play around, being resilient to Pursuit trapping attempts, continuing to check the majority of your Pokemon to an extent. Moreover, I can see a well-played Entei, Choice Band variants in particular, being a major issue for your team, having access to a powerful Extremespeed to check Hitmonlee with, as well as a strong Flare Blitz, which threatens your entire team to an extent as your Lanturn takes a hefty 40 - 47.16% from it. Lastly, Kabutops carrying Waterfall can really put a dent in your team, as it can threaten to pick off Hitmonlee after enough residual damage, can outspeed and 2HKO your primary switch-in's to Water-types with Life Orb-boosted Stone Edge, and can even play around Spiritomb's Sucker Punch by merit of Aqua Jet.

That in mind, I don't feel as though Accelgor is the best choice for this team. "Lead" Accelgor functions best in a very offensively oriented team, where the player can immediately apply offense pressure to prevent spinners from removing them and of course take advantage of aforementioned Spikes for breaking through Pokemon, whereas this team appears much more balanced overall. In this type of it team it only puts more pressure on Spiritomb to block Rapid Spin without greatly achieving its primary objective of a Hitmonlee sweep. I would reccomend that in its place you try Mixed Druddigon. Druddigon not only offers your team an alternative response to Entei, but also an excellent lure for Tangrowth, who is promptly 2HKOed by a Sheer Force-boosted Flamethrower. Here is my proposed set:

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch / Substitute

To elaborate, the given EV spread seeks to maximize overall bulk and Attack, with enough Special Attack to consistently OHKO standard Escavalier after Stealth Rock damage, and enough Speed to outpace minimum Speed Tangrowth.

With this change Rotom-C's necessity to take on Grass-types attacks and other such specially oriented assaults is starkly reduced. That said, I feel as though your team might function more fluidly if you ran a Choice Scarf variant over your current set. This change would allow you to take on Kabutops and other physically oriented Water-types better, while providing a moderately fast scout and revenge-killer as well. Additionally, this change would offer you a utility in the form of Trick, which allows it to cripple walls attempting to switch in on Rotom-C, such as Amoonguss and Tangrowth. For reference, here is the set:

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Thunderbolt

tl;dr:
--->

• Specially Defensive ---> Choice Scarf

That being said, I hope that my comments were of use to you, good luck in the future ^_^

Hey Hippowhurr, got the pm ^_^ Anywho, I like the team, as well as the way it uses Unburden Hitmonlee well, the core of Unburden 'Lee+CB 'Tomb is a pretty cool one I've personally toyed around with myself a little :P

Anywho, as you mentioned, the Regenerator Grass-types seem somewhat difficult to play around, being resilient to Pursuit trapping attempts, continuing to check the majority of your Pokemon to an extent. Moreover, I can see a well-played Entei, Choice Band variants in particular, being a major issue for your team, having access to a powerful Extremespeed to check Hitmonlee with, as well as a strong Flare Blitz, which threatens your entire team to an extent as your Lanturn takes a hefty 40 - 47.16% from it. Lastly, Kabutops carrying Waterfall can really put a dent in your team, as it can threaten to pick off Hitmonlee after enough residual damage, can outspeed and 2HKO your primary switch-in's to Water-types with Life Orb-boosted Stone Edge, and can even play around Spiritomb's Sucker Punch by merit of Aqua Jet.

That in mind, I don't feel as though Accelgor is the best choice for this team. "Lead" Accelgor functions best in a very offensively oriented team, where the player can immediately apply offense pressure to prevent spinners from removing them and of course take advantage of aforementioned Spikes for breaking through Pokemon, whereas this team appears much more balanced overall. In this type of it team it only puts more pressure on Spiritomb to block Rapid Spin without greatly achieving its primary objective of a Hitmonlee sweep. I would reccomend that in its place you try Mixed Druddigon. Druddigon not only offers your team an alternative response to Entei, but also an excellent lure for Tangrowth, who is promptly 2HKOed by a Sheer Force-boosted Flamethrower. Here is my proposed set:

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch / Substitute

To elaborate, the given EV spread seeks to maximize overall bulk and Attack, with enough Special Attack to consistently OHKO standard Escavalier after Stealth Rock damage, and enough Speed to outpace minimum Speed Tangrowth.

With this change Rotom-C's necessity to take on Grass-types attacks and other such specially oriented assaults is starkly reduced. That said, I feel as though your team might function more fluidly if you ran a Choice Scarf variant over your current set. This change would allow you to take on Kabutops and other physically oriented Water-types better, while providing a moderately fast scout and revenge-killer as well. Additionally, this change would offer you a utility in the form of Trick, which allows it to cripple walls attempting to switch in on Rotom-C, such as Amoonguss and Tangrowth. For reference, here is the set:

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Thunderbolt

tl;dr:
--->

• Specially Defensive ---> Choice Scarf

That being said, I hope that my comments were of use to you, good luck in the future ^_^
Thanks for the rate col49, and with those changes Ive already reached over 1900 rating :D
The only thing I dont think fits is Druddigon; The team really enjoys his resistances but I find that he dies a bit too easily (and gets burned by Flare Blitz's .-.) So do you or anyone else have any other suggestions?

Try Fighting Gem+Mach Punch on your Hitmonlee instead of Fake Out+Normal Gem. It works more efficiently and isn't shut down by Protect and provides more flexibility, as well as stronger priority. Other than that, your team seems great. Good Luck!

Sorry I missed this until now :x Life Orb, as well as the SpA and Speed investments are somewhat mandatory to Mixed Druddigon's success, but if you feel upset by Druddigon's current bulk you could always try moving some EVs from Attack to HP to assist this =) Unfortunately, getting worn down is one of Druddigon's biggest issues, and the best way to solve this is to be a little more conservative when playing it (ie.not switching it in recklessly, alternating between switching it in with Lanturn and Rotom-C, etc.).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)