Gen 3 this is the best title ever!!!!!!

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will be posting a team of mine I have used for sometime now. There's a bit of life still in the forum, and I wouldn't mind sharing this team with the members of Smogon, therefore, another team of Taylor's will be encrypted into the archives of Ever Grande. Without boring you to death with my speech, here's a team for you all to look at while drinking your Tea/Coffee.

[note: you are welcome to use this team]

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

I don't know where to start with this. If there's one Pokemon with Choice Band that can tear a team apart, it is Tyranitar. Tyranitar's CB set paired with procise, well thought-out and knowledgeable prediction will break down a team that is even the most of prepared for CBTyranitar.

EVs are not being messed about with , 221 speed has been applied.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 244 SAtk / 12 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Wish

My team can withstand the majority of blows from all areas of the OU metagame. However, special attacks can cause havok for my team due to the lack of synergy between the team to take on special attacks. I must fix this error, and with Blissey I can. I gave it Wish to help Pokemon on my team that take a hit when shutting down my opponent's assault. Toxic will be dealing slow damage to opposing Pokemon that have come into my Blissey that helped me in the previous turn, Tyranitar was the main reason for such.

EVs are for taking out 100% of the Salamence's out there, along with a solid OHKO on Dugtrio. Additionally, I can hit Celebi harder with Ice Beam, even if they're SDef orientated.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 24 SAtk / 56 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

You and I know what this Pokemon does. I needed nothing but this set, due to the fact that I can't rely on Blissey to heal this thing everytime he's doing his job countering Metagross, Tyranitar and so on.

EVs are are nothing special, the SDef is just to take that Surf from an opposing bulky water better.

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

When the Pokemon below does its job, this Pokemon can sweep teams without warning. I am trying different movesets and sprads for this against certain people, so there's not always going to be a standard DDMence staring you and your team down.

EVs are standard.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 188 HP / 188 Spd / 132 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Metal Sound
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

Well, this is the reason why the team is able to achieve a rewarding ammount of victories. Clearing out Skarmory gives 2 of my Pokemon a chance to sweep my opponent's team. Metal Sound gives it the ability to beat Jirachi one on one, providing their Jirachi has not been gifted with Fire Punch. Hidden Power [Fire] is for Forretress and the opposing Magneton in my line of fire.

EVs reach 244 SpE to beat JollyTar, being able to outspeed all Pokemon with a base speed of 70 without a benifical nature and meet alot of the other Pokemon around the 240+ area.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 88 Def / 20 Spd
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Swords Dance

Celebi, whilst it can take hits due to its amazing defenses, it can sweep my opponent's teamwith ease. Swords Dance will reward Celebi with 600 attack, this will OHKO Tyranitar and do a large ammount of damage to Blissey. This also beats Curselax at the end of the game, if it's capable of filling that role then it's doing more than what I bargained for. Shadow Ball is a very, very interesting move when using a SDCelebi. You see, when your opponent notices you have Swords Dance, he/she will most likely assume you've packed it with Hidden Power [Fighting], then their immediate reaction is to flee away to a ghost or Pokemon that resists Fighting, because they expect you to Baton Pass, their loss of Pokemon for not knowing Shadow Ball existed could cost them the game. This is also helpful if you flash your Hidden Power [Fighting] earlier on in the game, then they're almost certain you have Baton Pass, which gives you a better chance at suprising them than before.

EVs are to atleast OHKO Tyranitar, take Dugtrio Hidden Power [Bug] and KO with a 600 Atk Shadow Ball, (providing they have not predicted your Celebi switch-in so your boost could not be performed). SpE to beat all base speeds of 70.

There you have it folks!

I do realise that my team heavily relies on Magneton. However, with Blissey using Wish, Swampert and Celebi being able to recover their HP, and with Salamence and Celebi's ability to sweep with Tyranitar creating chances for that to happen, I can be assured to scare my opponent's team and themselves into tight situations.

Rate/Hate/Master****/ Fix

Thanks

You should probably forget about Celebi surviving HPBug, or make it beyond that. Because imagine this scenario, which probably happens everything:

Skarmory WILL get off a Spikes. It comes in on let's say Tar after a kill, and Spikes on switch to Magneton. After applying Sandstorm+12%, will Celebi likely survive?

Which brings to another point, I'd probably fear Dugtrio the most, although there's not much you can do with a Dugtrio weak team. Being able to pick off half the team, and a 4th if it's at full health verus Blissey, will be trouble some.

Hell, I'd probably back a Dugtrio on this team myself, to make sure other Dugtrioes will die, as it can help pick off like a 50% or so Swampert that Salamence will need to prolong before killing etc etc. The hard part is where to fit it in!

Fear

GSC Monarch
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Standard Gyarados with Taunt crips the team apart, the only thing you have to stall its sweep is Salamence.
Without Taunt you also have Toxic Blissey to hope doing something to it.
I would replace Ice beam on swampert for HP rock, Ice beam as you have it doest OHKO mence anyway and you ave celebi countered by ttar, your celebi, blissey(toxic), mence.

Just my 2 cents.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You could say Gyarados does give my team a un-wanted problem. HP Rock Pert? Ice Beam Pert is not for Celebi anyway...

I think Pert could survive on the team with the use of Sleep Talk. Replacing Rest for HP Electric and Sleep Talk for Toxic or whatever.

Full HP Dugtrio is still OHKOed by Blissey, Mop.

zOMG, you know the Satk EVs on Pert are just as random as my Blissey's SDef EVs, right?

Fear

GSC Monarch
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Ice beam on Swampert is for it not to get totallywalled by celebi and to stop Dragons from sweeping.

Hp electric is another option like you mentioned and you have Wish from blissey to heal him if you remove rest talking. I would still use HP rock though,hits those calm Zapdos' harder too.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Celebi is still vulnerable to Dugtrio, since if it comes in on a Recover or Celebi isn't healthy enough to handle HP Bug then it dies. Then Magneton/Tyranitar gets screwed over and Salamence can't do squat if Skarmory is in play.

You might want to switch Celebi for a more Dugtrio-proof sweeper but maybe the situation I mentioned is a little too specific, I don't know.

Taylor

i am alien
I don't think CalmDos is a problem at all, Fear. I know what Ice Beam Per is for, it still gets walled by Celebi anyway.

That doesn't stop the issue that Dugtrio kills half the team, seeing as how Blissey was just an additional input. Thanks tayler.

Taylor

i am alien
I see, thanks m0p.

I tend to see many Dugtrios come in after my Magneton has done the job of clearing their Skarmory. It is rare when your Magneton is predicted to come in on their Skarm, (then you're in trouble).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)