XY Doubles This is the Weirdest Dubs Team

So since I am now following the rules of posting RMTs (I didn't knkow about the limit of 1 per 2 weeks) I have realized that it has been 2 weeks since I posted my last RMT, and I really really really like this team. It is a Trick Room Team, but some of the mons on it, like Charizard Y and Excadrill, are normally incredibly fast, especially Excadrill since I have Tyranitar and people usually expect Sand Rush or something like that. But anyways, I will start explaining this team.

This team includes some incredibly bulky pokemon, such as Cresselia, Tyranitar, and surprisingly Maractus, and then I was even able to make my Charizard and Excadrill pretty bulky compared to their fast counterparts, and opposing threats usually think that they scored a KO when Charizard is just bulky enough to fight back with SolarBeam. Excadrill outslows anything above base 43 speed if it holds the Iron Ball, and speed ties with base 43 speed mons, making it outslow Conkeldurr and very easily surprise enemies. It doesn't even have to worry about non-physically defensive Tyranitar, it is very likely to KO with a Drill Run with 252+ Atk and a good crit chance. Cresselia's spread I cannot take credit for, a good doubles player (if you have seen some guy running Cresselia/Hariyama/Mawile/Rhyperior/Breloom/something else, can't remember, it is probably him), a guy named GreenNinjask, gave me the spread and he made it sooooo incredibly bulky. Starting this team with the setter itself, Cresssselia!!!!
Cresselia@Sitrus Berry
Levitate
252HP/124Def/132SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spe)
Ice Beam/Moonblast
Helping Hand
Trick Room
Moonlight/Reflect/Safeguard/Light Screen/Sunny Day/Sandstorm/pretty much any other support move
upload_2014-8-30_11-50-48.png
So Cresselia is pretty explanatory, I bet you guys have actually seen this set a million times. Ice Beam for dragons, moonblast if hydreigon and scrafty scare you, Helping Hand helps Earthquakes and Rock Slides, Trick Room sets Trick Room, and use some support move. Just know that Moonlight is a lot better in Sun than sand
Charizard@Charizardite Y
Blaze/Solar Power
132HP/116Def/252SpA/8SpD
Quiet Nature (+SpA -Spe)
SolarBeam
Heat Wave
Air Slash
Protect
upload_2014-8-30_12-8-12.png
So this is the only Charizard set that there is, but the EVs are different. They do a good job defensively and the special defense is pretty good already, and the moves provide great coverage. Drought actually helps Cresselia if it runs Moonlight, and helps the Solar Beam of Maractus. Heat Wave gets good coverage as well, as Fire/Flying typing is good offensively.
Tyranitar@Chople Berry
Sand Stream
252HP/92Atk/160Def/4SpD
Brave Nature (+Atk -Spe)
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Crunch
Protect
upload_2014-8-30_12-22-57.png
Tyranitar is another very explanatory set. I usually run a ton of defense so that not only is Tyranitar specially bulky, because of the sand boost, so it takes a truck's hit, and hits harder than the truck. Crunch and Rock Slide are good STABs, and Earthquake gets rid of enemy Heatran that try to annoy the crap out of you. It also catches a few other mons, which is always nice.
Excadrill@Iron Ball
Mold Breaker
96HP/252Atk/156Def/4SpD
Brave Nature (+Atk -Spe)
Drill Run
Rock Slide
Iron Head
Fling/Protect
upload_2014-8-30_12-41-4.png
This set is so abnormal that I confused everyone that I battled while testing this team. Some incredibly low speed and sort of passable bulk, Excadrill does a lot with this set. Drill Run is single targeting, so it does more than Earthquake at the cost of hitting only one pokemon, which is completely fine because it bypasses Wide Guard and does amazing amounts of damage to the Rotom's and Gengar by also bypassing Levitate with Mold Breaker. Rock Slide is actually spread, and it does a good amount of damage to most enemies, and finally Iron Head does good against full-on Trick Room teams, as Aromatisse may flinch setting Trick Room and it also doesn't take 2 Iron Heads. You can go for a Protect, that is what I always run, but I put Fling up there so that you can get more coverage and lose the Iron Ball if you want to.
Maractus@Leftovers/Sitrus Berry
Storm Drain
252HP/16Def/240SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spe)
SolarBeam
Giga Drain
Protect
Worry Seed/Grassy Terrain/some other support move
upload_2014-8-30_13-7-40.png
This drawing took sooo long that I took a bathroom break while drawing it. I was too dumb to copy/paste so I guess I will do that next time. But anyways, this set is completely and incredibly mind-stopping. It makes no sense to even bother using Maractus aside from Storm Drain supporting the three pokemon that I have that are weak to water. But anyways, by looking at this you can understand that I solely have this to tank a few hits and for Storm Drain, as I have no coverage moves aside from dual grass moves which is kind of good and bad at the same time. I always run Worry Seed over the other support moves, as that gets rid of Huge Power on Mawile and Azumarill, who both don't enjoy not having Huge Power, and Shadow Tag on Gothitelle makes sure that you can switch Maractus to MegaZardY and they can't do a thing.
Gothitelle@Sitrus Berry/Leftovers
Shadow Tag
252HP/88Def/168SpD
Sassy Nature (+SpD -Spe)
Trick Room
Psychic
Light Screen/Reflect/Safeguard
Protect/whatever else you want
Pretty large drawing for this one (THANK RektquiemX THE WIZARD)(HE MESSED UP A SPELL SO THE GOTHITELLE IS DISCOLORED LOL) but this is obviously a Shadow $w@9 mon here, abusing it and doing stuff. It runs Psychic for some damage and Trick Room to set Trick Room, and any screen along with whatever other move you want to carry. I ran Safeguard as my screen and I ran Protectovers so that I could keep the threat of Shadow $w@9 alive.
I drew every single image except for Gothitelle's, who RektquiemX casted from his magical fingertips.
SHOUTOUT TO THE MAGICIAN REKTQUIEMX WHO IS THE FATHER OF SANTA CLAUS AND HITLER (WOULD NEVER HAVE GUESSED THAT THEY WERE RELATED :33333)
Shoutout to GreenNinjask for the Cresselia spread :]
Shoutout to Kale for making me make some Arbok team that sort of worked w/ my ScarfTran
Shoutout to my brother ultimatespongebob for "letting me win" against the Arbok team
Shoutout to Dash & Spin b/c he is Dash AND Spin
Shoutout to Audiosurfer because he is just going to room ban me if I don't give him a shoutout he is just an amazing RO --'
Shoutout to Electrolyte just because he is freaking awesome and I don't really need to give him the shoutout due to the impending threat of room bans like SOME RO's. Despite that, Audiosurfer is a nice RO and I don't know why I am rambling somebody please stop me It Is Guest was abruptly stopped from talking by Roxer123 when he noticed that Roxer123 just posted an incredibly stupid RMT
Shoutout to Roxer123 for making stupid af teams

Last edited:
hey man cool team

your team looks a little weak to scarf landog-t tho, maybe try a more offensive cress to get the ohko on it
also charm or tickle > reflect on goth is hella good because you can trap them too. tickle can easily help exca / ttar sweep with its defense drops

If your using Maractus just to take hits and for Storm Drain, why not use Gastrodon? It's bulky and has a better defensive typing than Maractus, and can deal with Lando-T fairly well. Excadrill doesn't really work on the team, especially since you are wasting an item slot for an Iron Ball so that it can be effective. I think you should replace it with Hariyama, which has Fake Out support, Wide Guard support to protect from Earthquakes/Rock Slides/Heat Waves, and Fighting STAB, something your team lacks, to hit Kanga, Hydreigon, etc. Charizard, a Pokemon that relies on hitting fast and hard, isn't really that good in Trick Room. You might want to use Mega Mawile in it's place, since it is stronger and functions better under Trick Room.

TL;DR
Maractus --> Gastrodon
Excadrill --> Hariyama
Charizard --> Mawile

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Protect

Hariyama @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Wide Guard/Protect

EVs allow Hariyama to survive a Timid Specs Hydreigon's Draco Meteor.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 40 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

EVs allow Mawile to survive an EQ from -1 Adamant Lando-T and -1 Life Orb Jolly Garchomp before Mega Evolving and the same attacks without Intimidate drops after Mega Evolution.

If your using Maractus just to take hits and for Storm Drain, why not use Gastrodon? It's bulky and has a better defensive typing than Maractus, and can deal with Lando-T fairly well. Excadrill doesn't really work on the team, especially since you are wasting an item slot for an Iron Ball so that it can be effective. I think you should replace it with Hariyama, which has Fake Out support, Wide Guard support to protect from Earthquakes/Rock Slides/Heat Waves, and Fighting STAB, something your team lacks, to hit Kanga, Hydreigon, etc. Charizard, a Pokemon that relies on hitting fast and hard, isn't really that good in Trick Room. You might want to use Mega Mawile in it's place, since it is stronger and functions better under Trick Room.

TL;DR
Maractus --> Gastrodon
Excadrill --> Hariyama
Charizard --> Mawile

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Protect

Hariyama @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Wide Guard/Protect

EVs allow Hariyama to survive a Timid Specs Hydreigon's Draco Meteor.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 40 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

EVs allow Mawile to survive an EQ from -1 Adamant Lando-T and -1 Life Orb Jolly Garchomp before Mega Evolving and the same attacks without Intimidate drops after Mega Evolution.
The point in this whole thing is to be a surprisingly useful yet incredibly abnormal Trick Room team, not to be a serious team that looks so obvious. I bet that nobody would expect Trick Room with Zard Y or Excadrill unless they already knew the team. They actually are effective too because of the better resistance factor, and if I were to use Gastrodon over Maractus for Storm Drain and replace Zard Y and Excadrill, then Storm Drain has no point, right? Therefore, I can potentially screw up rain and other things, while covering a very important weakness, thus making Gastrodon useless if I change those pokemon. This also works because I can mess with the heads of most rain teams, making them think that it is a safe lead for water types, and then render them useless when unexpectedly storm drain comes from Maractus, or if Landog seems like a problem, I have Trick Room. It twists the dimensions so that ScarfDog is not too great, and I have Ice Beam on Cresselia for a reason, but of course I am not going to just sit there and ignore the other pokemon, which is why I filled the team with mainly spread moves. Thanks for rating it though.

hey man cool team

your team looks a little weak to scarf landog-t tho, maybe try a more offensive cress to get the ohko on it
also charm or tickle > reflect on goth is hella good because you can trap them too. tickle can easily help exca / ttar sweep with its defense drops
I like u n_N
Thanks for the rate and I will take that suggestion too.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
The point in this whole thing is to be a surprisingly useful yet incredibly abnormal Trick Room team, not to be a serious team that looks so obvious. I bet that nobody would expect Trick Room with Zard Y or Excadrill unless they already knew the team. They actually are effective too because of the better resistance factor, and if I were to use Gastrodon over Maractus for Storm Drain and replace Zard Y and Excadrill, then Storm Drain has no point, right? Therefore, I can potentially screw up rain and other things, while covering a very important weakness, thus making Gastrodon useless if I change those pokemon. This also works because I can mess with the heads of most rain teams, making them think that it is a safe lead for water types, and then render them useless when unexpectedly storm drain comes from Maractus, or if Landog seems like a problem, I have Trick Room. It twists the dimensions so that ScarfDog is not too great, and I have Ice Beam on Cresselia for a reason, but of course I am not going to just sit there and ignore the other pokemon, which is why I filled the team with mainly spread moves. Thanks for rating it though.
from someone who has been all the way there and back, let me tell you that serious is sometimes what works best. don't stray too far out of the standard unless you are really confident of your teambuilding; otherwise, your teams tend to fall apart, especially at higher-level play.

I totally agree with Level 51 here. Unothordox Pokemon can be effective, but the fact that YOU ARE USING AN IRON BALL, to make a Pokemon effective in Trick Room just isn't good, plain and simple. There are other, better Pokemon that could actually have something useful in their item slot and still work with Trick Room (AV Escavalier). Also, people don't expect Zard or Excadrill on Trick Room, I agree with you on that, but having Cresselia AND Gothitelle, two common Trick Room setters, sort of implies ast least semi-trick room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)