"This should be at UU!"

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Gabesaurus, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Gabesaurus

Gabesaurus

So... yeah. Hi. This is my first RMT ever! wee! I first started on competitive pokemon last month, since i never had the money to buy the game. I still dont, but i found simulators to test myself, so, whatever. Anyway, this is my team:

This is how i started:
    -
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The main idea was: Put in 2 pokemons i always loved: Smeargle, and Hitmonchan.

-

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With a SR/BP smeargle and a hitmonchan, i guessed i could have problems with alakazam and the likes. Well, scarf gengar and SURPRISE

-

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Since rain teams are ridiculously overused - ta~dã! - i added a kabutops with swift swim, and rain dance to abuse its ability when the opponent isnt using drizzle. And i was not quite sure of what to do next, then i just added in other of my fav, gallade, just to battle (i added then a flailing farfetch'd, just for finishing the team too, and for the laughs.).

-

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kabutops is just too damn frail to set up his own rain dance. And is a damn target for thunder. So, i tried an weird variant with a little more def and weak armor. Worked! But was not what i was looking for. So i just switched him for a female ninetales with attract (if you take a look, 90% of the pokemons out there are male). And the farfetch'd joke gave me an idea. Normal/flying rape! Who got enough swag to do this after switching into ghosts? Staraptor. At first, i ran it with a life orb set, but scarfing is a surprise. The team worked this way, so i kept it for one week or two this way.

-

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

While playing smash bros brawl, my favourite character to play with was Lucario. Why not? I tried it with a SD set, and that was when i noticed: my team is too damn physical oriented! Skarmory always gave me trouble, and any kind of physical wall. Any sandstorm based with hippowdon... well well. So i decided to give his high special attack a shot. I still dont know very well why the heck people dont use it over the physical, but whatever, im now running a nasty plot set. His lovely typing gives him the opening he needs to set up, being Lucario himself lures physical walls, giving even more opportunities to set up. Oh well. This is just awesome. And with this, most of my troubles with rain and sandstorm teams are gone. I decided to give a shot for a long forgotten (and stylish) pokemon: Absol! People usually wonder why i would use him... well. Since i use 2 fighting types, and a ghost, its really easy to lure out a choice(or even not) psychic. Absol comes in, and then pursuit! If the ghost/psychic got enough guts to jump into the front of absol and attack it... SUCKER PUNCH! Just awesome.

-

In detail:

[​IMG]
    @Focus Sash - Own Tempo - Jolly
    252 HP 252 Speed 4 Def
    - Spore - (You sporewhore!) Nothing to say... just awesome
    - Stealth Rock - Limiting the opponent switches, racking up some extra damage for KO's... yeah yeah
    - Shift Gear - Great increase in speed that anyone can use, and handy extra attack. Baton pass!
    - Baton Pass

He is probably the most important team member. Just for the stealth rock. He is awesome aswell to lure in a number of counters, and then surprise gengar! He is always outspeeding most of the leads, and when he does not, the taunt is almost 100%: switch in something that kills the taunter! This is obviously risky, if the opponent just set a SR im screwed, breaking the sash will render smeargle almost useless. Also, spore may force the opponent to switch out. If the one that switched is a wall, bonus! When the opponent switch him back, you can use the sleep time to set up one nasty plot with Lucario and wreck everything. Also, shift gear is meant to work with hitmonchan.

[​IMG]
    @Life Orb - Iron Fist - Impish
    120 HP 252 Atk 64 Def 72 Speed
    - Drain Punch - Close combat, hi jump kick? Dafuq? Just crush him with a draining punch. Usually, it isnt powerful enough to smash some skulls, but with iron fist, AND stab it is more than enough to 2HKO most of the metagame.
    - Mach Punch - Why not? Someone got a reliable counter, but already with low HP? BOOM SHAKALAKA! You are outsped and with 1% HP? Scratch, BOOM SHAKALAKA!! Your opponent is a poor normal type with a bunch of speed, but glass cannon? BOOM SHAKALAKA!
    - Ice Punch - Coverage. Yadda. Yadda. Yadda.
    - Thunder Punch - Coverage. Yadda. Yadda. Yadda.

He is meant to work with Smeargle... Enough defences to hold on the first hit during the baton pass before hitmonchamping everyone. Outspeeding about any wall, he can drain punch followed by mach punch to kill something if unboosted. I got the idea from a youtube channel, i just dont remember the name. Whatever.

[​IMG]
    @Choice Scarf - Levitate - Timid
    252 SpAtk 252 Speed 4 HP
    - Shadow Ball - HADOUKEN. Stab. Yadda.
    - Focus Blast - Made for coverage and missing.
    - Sludge Bomb - Surprise for some pokemons that switch. Little chance to poison, and enough damage. You should only use at late game, because this thingy is a steel lurer.
    - HP Fire - Kill some unlucky scizors, Jirachis, and forretresses. Outside of sandstorm.

Made just to... idk, sweep? The surprise factor is there with the scarf, and his power is enough to 2HKO most neutral, and 1HKO most super effect. Cool.

[​IMG]
    @Choice Scarf - Reckless - Adamant
    252 Atk 252 Speed 4 HP
    - Brave Bird - Stab, huge damage, and... well.
    - Return - Stab, huge damage, and surprise. Great to sweep if you dont want to take recoil, and with few resistances, is reliable.
    - U-Turn - Trolling.
    - Close Combat - SURPRISE on those pesky tyranitars.

"Made just to... idk, sweep?" Almost the same as gengar, but with the physical side. And he looks depressive.

[​IMG]
    @Life Orb - Steadfast - Modest
    252 SpAtk 252 Speed 4 HP
    Aura Sphere - Stab, high power, and as a bonus, is his signature move.
    Nasty Plot - Dude, you can set this up in so many situations, that is not worth even listing it.
    Vacuum Wave - Surprise for those quicker pokemon, stab, and... yeah.
    Dark Pulse - Coverage. Sounds cool aswell.

Lucario is the one that people rage about. Forfeit button is somehow used more often after i use the nasty plot. Surprise factor since im not using a SD set. Switch in ferrothorn, or come in after a scizor bullet punch KO. PROFIT

-

[​IMG]
    @Life Orb - Adamant - Super Luck
    252 Atk 252 Speed 4 HP
    - Sucker Punch - The star of this set. Absol is so underrated, but people always forget the sucker punch that has the potential to OHKO anything that doesnt resist it after some prior damage.
    - Pursuit - Yeah yeah.
    - Superpower - Tyranitar/Heatran surprise! Coverage. Nasty side effect, but whatever
    - Megahorn - For those psychics that think that they can set up in front of the sucker punch.

Absol is the last addition, maybe gapfiller but whatever, works really well

--

I won quite a few tourneys on pokemon brazil with these guys, and sometimes i accept challenges from uber players, and sometimes i win with them. Anyway, this team was made by the rule: "No legendaries", because... idk, i dont like using legendaries on my teams. But thats all. RMT!
  2. Ninetale3

Ninetale3

Hey there congrats on your success with this team.

First off I recommend giving lucario shadow ball in place of dark pulse as one of nasty plots biggest boons is perfect coverage and hidden power ice in place of vacuum wave as it is arguably not worth the slot outside of a specs set.

Secondly replace gengar for forretress or ferrothorn. Yeah I know scarf gengar is effective in its own right but honestly your using staraptor for about the same purposes. With hazards focused on either of those two. Smeargle can run something else in place of sr. I would go with glare as it allow hitmonchan and lucario to use their more powerful attacks with ease. Plus paralyzing everything is not a bad perk too.

Since absol is filler this should be replaced with trick room reuniclus with leftovers. It is a good pivot against fighting types which gengar could do reasonably but if it comes in on the wrong move its gone. Reuniclus is a little more forgiving in this department and can unleash powerful moves specially too.
  3. Gabesaurus

Gabesaurus

Dark pulse from lucario gives him a little more coverage than shadow ball, i dont think i should change this. And the HP Ice... well, idk. Since 90 speed isnt really "great" some priority should help. Ill check HP ice anyway

About ferrothorn and forretress, well, what makes gengar so good, is the fact that what got a huge SpDef, Staraptor can deal with, and vice versa. Smeargle main focus is SR'ing, not really baton passing. I tried an build without SR once, with block instead, in another team. Worked wonders, but oh well, SR is needed, and the SR and BP in one pokemon saves some room.

About Absol and Reuniclus ~... great idea, if werent for the fact that if he is gone, my entire team will be outsped and killed. (note, the team members are usually frail)

Anyway, i will test some of these changes you suggested. I was thinking about replacing HP Fire with thunderbolt on gengar. He is just not resistant enough to survive a banded bullet punch 90% of the time, and with rain, wont hit jirachi hard enough with it, also, forretresses inside sandstorm are just too damn resistant to SpAtks, so the 4x is not enough. Thunderbolt would nail skarmory easier, and tentacruel. And replacing hitmonchan's Mach Punch with Fire punch to deal with Jirachi, Forretresses and Scizors. Oh, did i mention that the pokemon that gave me more trouble so far is the paraflinching Jirachi? Im not sure about what to do about this without changing the team core.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)