*Threat under Sun*

*Threat under Sun*

Introduction​
Hi Smogon community, I post my first Rate My Team on this site, before I could not because my English was disastrous, but thanks to the Raters Team I got many improve and now my English allows me to post a Rate My Team. I build around a pokemon that I like much (Jumpluff), people will say it's a fun team but I said no, this team is competitive and she won a lot of great battles, but in OverUsed Jumpluff is too fragile despites his stats in Speed, then Jumpluff does not have a very good stats in Atk, so I suggested a Stall to decrease weaknesses​

Team in depth​

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SDef / 68 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Fire Spin
- Toxic
- Protect
- Sunny Day

This is my Weather (Ninetales), it's simple, Jumpluff with his ability (Chlorophyll) need the Sun to Outspeed all Pokemon and all Choice Scarfs, but Ninetales has another role he is my trapper, I explain: with Fire Spin Ninetales can Trapp Weathers of the opponent, and then I can scoot with protect and if the pokemon may not kill me,I use toxic or Sunny Days. Then with protect + Toxic + Fire Spin the Weather of the opponent will die quickly. Ninetales with this set can also come easily on Rotom-W because it is 6HKO by Volt Switch but I can also Trapp Blissey/Chansey and now I can easily win the War Weather.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Softboiled

Chansey is a very good pokemon in bw OU, and with item Eviolite it becomes more resistant that Blissey, in this team Chansey is the WallSpec, it is mainly here to counter Tornadus-T/Rotom-W/Thundurus-T/Volcarona/Ninetales, and then with investment in Def Chansey can come on Latios/Latias without problem, it is 3HKO by Psyshock and it has Toxic, but I think you have all noticed that Chansey has the move Flamethrower, I explain: my team is very disadvantaged against Gengar Substitute, Ninetales can't do anything because it has that Fire Spinn and Jumpluff cannot break the sub with Hidden Power Fire without Sun and it is 3HKO by Shadow Ball. Now I can easily come on Gengar and Chansey breaks the Substitute even without Sun.

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor in sun: 224-264 (65.3 - 76.96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn in sun: 144-172 (40.9 - 48.86%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Forretress in sun: 252-300 (71.18 - 84.74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-T, this is a new Pokémon from Black and White 2, it's just very good for my team, Landorus-T has his ability (Intimidate), now it can come easily on Scizor/Dragonite/Salamence/Tyranitar, then it has Stealth Rock now, but Landorus-T in addition to having a very good bulk has very good Stats in Atk, it may be stronger than Landorus-I, but Landorus-T is also my only counter against Jirachi CM Wish because I have nothing to kill, Ninetales cannot do anything with Fire Spin and Sableye is 2HKO by Thunder after a Calm Mind, then Landorus-T is a very good counter against Terrakion Bander because it is 5HKO by Stone edge after Intimidate. Stone Edge for Tornadus-T/Dragonite/Salamence/Landorus and U-Turn for Celebi/Latias/Latios/Reuniclus.

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

But now my team lack of Spikes and aRrapid Spinner for Ninetales and Jumpluff, so I chose Forretress, Forretress is a very good pokemon for my team, it can spinn and place the Spikes, then Forretress is a good counter against Landorus/Landorus-T because in this set it has the Hidden Power Ice move, Hidden Power Ice is very good it can easily come on Gliscor/Garchomp but it can also stop a Dragonite Dragon Dancer or a Salamence Dragon Dancer, but after 2/3 fights I noticed that my team was very disadvantaged against Mamoswine, I own nothing to 2HKO/OHKO and Mamoswine is 4HKO by Giga drain of Jumpluff, Ninetales is outspeed and even if I put Sableye, the opponent can switch and come after to continue, so I suggested Gyroball on Volt Switch for Mamoswine,he is 2HKO no , and then Terrakion can not Sword Dance/RockPolish/Substitute on him also.

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Sableye, with his ability (Prankster) is very good in OverUsed it can outspeed and Taunt the Stallers and it can Burn the Sweepers, but in my team Sableye is an anti-Spinner, with him I can keep the Stealth Rocks + Spikes. Then I chose Sableye because I have nothing against Reuniclus, Ninetales can't do anything, Reuniclus is 4HKO by Earthquake of Landorus, and with his ability (Magic Guard) Jumpluff can't do anything, now I can come easily on Reuniclus, with Taunt Reuniclus can't use Recover and with Foul Play he's 4HKO:0 - Atk Sableye Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252 + Def Reuniclus: 114-134 (27 - 31.6%) - possible 4HKO.
and Starmie is 2HKO by Foul play:0 - Atk Sableye Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 168-198 (51.71 - 61.11%) - 93.36% chance to 2HKO

Jumpluff (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd/4 Def
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Leech Seed​

This is the boss of the team (Jumpluff), because under sun it has 700 in speed, and then with Leech Seed and Substitute move it can easily forced the opponent to switch, but if I have Stealth Rock + Spikes the opponent can not switch properly, then I have Hidden Power Fire to Scizor, Celebi, Ferrothorn, Forretress, because generally these are the counters of Jumpluff, now I can stay and continue, then Jumpluff has many pokemons to stand as Tentacruel/Politoed (Stall) / Ferrothorn/Forretress/Keldeo/Dugtrio/Hippowdon...
Jumpluff is just a pokemon underestimated in OverUsed and often it is the Pokémon that the opponent is unable to counter.

0 SpA Jumpluff Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor in sun: 224-268 (65.3 - 78.13%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Jumpluff Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn in sun: 144-172 (40.9 - 48.86%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Jumpluff Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Forretress in sun: 252-300 (71.18 - 84.74%) - guaranteed 2HKO
Conclusion​
We are at the end of this Rate My Team, Just to say that a gimmick team can be very efficient and strong, and I hope that I have inspired many players with this Rate My Team, Good Luck and I'm ready for the Rates. Sorry for my english and put some "luvdisc" please. :)

Importable
Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SDef / 68 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Fire Spin
- Toxic
- Protect
- Sunny Day

Jumpluff (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd/ 4 Def
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Softboiled

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, cool team! I made a team quite similar to this one a while ago, with Jumpluff and Landorus-T, and it was quite solid, just like yours!

The team might have some trouble handling Calm Mind users, especially ones like SubCM Jirachi or SubCM Latias, since you don't have much offensive firepower nor any way to force opponents out. To help you handle those threats better, I suggest you use Encore over Giga Drain on Jumpluff. Because your team is very stall natured, Encore will definitely help you get around pokemon that commonly give stall teams trouble. It locks setup sweepers in their moves, forcing them to switch out or be setup upon. It also lets you beat SubDisable Gengar- who can Disable Chansey's Flamethrower and then kill it. Encore can force switches that cause hazard damage too, and it can creat free switches for Sableye to come in and neuter many threats. Giga Drain isn't very helpful as it's weak and hits relatively little important pokemon. Leech Seed is much better as a recovery option, and will often heal you even more. You can also try Sleep Powder over HP Fire to knock one of your opponent's pokemon out. This can be used to shut down sweepers or defensive threats so your other pokemon can pick them off.

Rain teams also look pretty threatening to face, but I guess if you say that Ninetales can trap and win weather wars then I won't touch on it. However, if you do want some extra insurance (and it'll help vs Sand too) you could use maybe a Venasaur over Jumpluff for some end-of-stall sweeping or a Scarf Latios over Chansey, for resistances and power as well.

Good luck! Cool team!

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hey, i cant actually rate your team because i have no time, but i have something to say anyway. Firstly, while i understand the bulk you get with eviolite on chansey you should really run blissey instead of chansey here, the sp atk of chansey is really underwhelming while blissey can actually do something.

Second, i think you should really try sleep powder over something else on Jumpluff, probably giga drain since hp fire is needed to catch grass types, sleep powder will allow you to start your annoying strategy, without it i doubt you will have many chance to sub seed teams. Also, while i understand you like jumpluff, venusaur is somehow better, its not weak to stealth rock, and it can absorb toxic spikes, and it can have the same set but with a better bulk and typing. A spread of 252 hp / 240 Def / 16 speed is what i used on venusaur on my team, give it a try at least. Thats all i can tell you as of now, hope i helped!

Hi leftiez,

Very good team you have here so props for it :)

Anyways, as already said Neliel, I suggest you to use Blissey, replacing Chansey. It has few SAtk so it can't do a lots of damages with flamethrower. Blissey otherwise has a better SAtk than Chansey so it can do more damages. On Jumpluff I'd also change Giga Drain into Sleep Powder. It doesn't need Giga drain, it only needs Hidden Power Fire to hit steel-types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn and so on which could block Jumpluff. Sleep Powder otherwise improves its work so I suggest you to use it. Finally, I'd use somewhere Will-O-Wisp on Ninetales probably replacing Protect. Protect is a useful move but Will-O-Wisp helps you a lot against Hippowdon and Tyranitar which you can't trap-kill easily so I think you can try it.

That's about your team. I hope I helped, good luck!

Hey, cool team! I made a team quite similar to this one a while ago, with Jumpluff and Landorus-T, and it was quite solid, just like yours!

The team might have some trouble handling Calm Mind users, especially ones like SubCM Jirachi or SubCM Latias, since you don't have much offensive firepower nor any way to force opponents out. To help you handle those threats better, I suggest you use Encore over Giga Drain on Jumpluff. Because your team is very stall natured, Encore will definitely help you get around pokemon that commonly give stall teams trouble. It locks setup sweepers in their moves, forcing them to switch out or be setup upon. It also lets you beat SubDisable Gengar- who can Disable Chansey's Flamethrower and then kill it. Encore can force switches that cause hazard damage too, and it can creat free switches for Sableye to come in and neuter many threats. Giga Drain isn't very helpful as it's weak and hits relatively little important pokemon. Leech Seed is much better as a recovery option, and will often heal you even more. You can also try Sleep Powder over HP Fire to knock one of your opponent's pokemon out. This can be used to shut down sweepers or defensive threats so your other pokemon can pick them off.

Rain teams also look pretty threatening to face, but I guess if you say that Ninetales can trap and win weather wars then I won't touch on it. However, if you do want some extra insurance (and it'll help vs Sand too) you could use maybe a Venasaur over Jumpluff for some end-of-stall sweeping or a Scarf Latios over Chansey, for resistances and power as well.

Good luck! Cool team!
Hi Electrolyte and I will test your Jumpluff but for Latios I do not agree because I am weak against Tornadus-T/Volcarona/Politoed Spec after. Thx for the rate!

Neliel Tu Oderschvank Hey, i cant actually rate your team because i have no time, but i have something to say anyway. Firstly, while i understand the bulk you get with eviolite on chansey you should really run blissey instead of chansey here, the sp atk of chansey is really underwhelming while blissey can actually do something.

Second, i think you should really try sleep powder over something else on Jumpluff, probably giga drain since hp fire is needed to catch grass types, sleep powder will allow you to start your annoying strategy, without it i doubt you will have many chance to sub seed teams. Also, while i understand you like jumpluff, venusaur is somehow better, its not weak to stealth rock, and it can absorb toxic spikes, and it can have the same set but with a better bulk and typing. A spread of 252 hp / 240 Def / 16 speed is what i used on venusaur on my team, give it a try at least. Thats all i can tell you as of now, hope i helped!
Hey Neliel I will test Sleep Powder and Blissey too, and the team is build on Jumpluff I do not want to change it. Thx For The Rate.

Alexander. Hi leftiez,

Very good team you have here so props for it :)

Anyways, as already said Neliel, I suggest you to use Blissey, replacing Chansey. It has few SAtk so it can't do a lots of damages with flamethrower. Blissey otherwise has a better SAtk than Chansey so it can do more damages. On Jumpluff I'd also change Giga Drain into Sleep Powder. It doesn't need Giga drain, it only needs Hidden Power Fire to hit steel-types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn and so on which could block Jumpluff. Sleep Powder otherwise improves its work so I suggest you to use it. Finally, I'd use somewhere Will-O-Wisp on Ninetales probably replacing Protect. Protect is a useful move but Will-O-Wisp helps you a lot against Hippowdon and Tyranitar which you can't trap-kill easily so I think you can try it.

That's about your team. I hope I helped, good luck!
Hi Alexander i will test Blissey, but i can't swap Protect with Will O Wisp because I need to protect on Ninetales to scoot the opponent set. Thx for the Rate :)

Hi Leftiez,

Pretty solid gimmick team here and even though i dont have anything much to say i want to give a comment here cause i love Jumpluff. Here's a suggestion which i think could come in handy though. If you're gonna use chansey as a bait to ferrothorn on scizor i would suggest that you change chansey for blissey which has a much more usable special attack since chansey only boasts a base 35 SAtk while blisset boasts a more usable base 75. Another suggestion i have is that you try a spread of 172 HP /252 Def /84 Spd on blissey if you decide to use it over chansey. Now i know blissey with speed ev's sounds like the craziest thing in the world but this spread has a meaning to it. With the current spread blissey not only does its job of baiting out scizor and ferrothorn but also speed creeping CB Scizor and KO'ing it with Flamethrower before it can outspeed damage you.

Hope i helped!

Hi, there

No known major weaknesses in particular I would change just a few things here and there in the moveset.
For example, I would try to remove Protect on Ninetales for Solar Beam, and put Will-o-Wisp on Toxic, so once used Fire Spin on Weather opponent, if Hippowdon or Tyranitar such as the burn with Will-o-Wisp halving the attack so you can safely use Sunny Day and then attacks with Solar Beam.
Jumpluff advice on Encore or Sleep Powder instead of Giga Drain, for two reasons, the HP retrieve them already well Leech Seed + Leftovers also have HP Fire to kill Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Forretress, Encore would be useful to block the statupper for a stall team are a threat to be reckoned with, or Sleep Powder with which addormenteresti always a Pokemon opponent, attacking first sight for sure Chlorophyll.

Hey thanks for the rate, yes i will test Blissey and i love it but i can't swap protect because i can't scoot set of my opponent, and if Tyranitar is Bander or Scarf, Landorus can come easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)