Three Headed Destruction

Three Headed Destruction

This is my first attempt at an excellent team, so you can tell I am somewhat new to competitive battling. This team I have made is a Weatherless team that I think is pretty decent, although I do think I could make it better. I focused around making a half and half team. What I mean by that is 3 defenders and 3 attackers. I also tried to get atleast 1 priority user, 1 entry hazard user, 1 spinblocker, and 1 rapid spinner.

Team Building Process:

I wanted a good priority attacker, so I chose Techniloom.

After getting an attacker, I wanted to get an entry hazard user so I chose Nidoqueen.

Now that I have an entry hazard user, I have to make sure no one spins my hazards away so I chose Jellicent.

Now I have a spinblocker and an entry hazard user, I need a spinner. I chose Foretress because he can take hits for my other Pokes and provide spin support.

After completing my hazard core I wanted to get another good attacker so I chose Hydreigon.

To round off my team I wanted a speedy attacker to cleanup, so I chose Terrakion.

Sets:

Red = Changes
Blue = Questions

Fists of Fury (Breloom) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

I choose Breloom because it can utilize Mach Punch very effectively with the Technician boost. As for the other move, I chose Bullet Seed because it also gets a great benefit in the form of Technician. For the boosting move I chose Swords Dance because it is a great. Spore is there because it let's it set up with Swords Dance. The EV's are chosen so that it hits at its hardest.. The Adamant nature is chosen for obvious reasons. The Life Orb is to boost its already high damage outputs.

NidoBOSS (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

After getting a good priority attacker, I wanted to get a defensive entry hazard user.
I chose Nidoqueen because she gained a great ability in the transition to BW: Sheer Force. All of the moves I'm using bar Earthquake benefit heavily from this. The reason I am using Earthquake over Earth Power is because it nails Tentacruel which can wall my team and easily spin hazards away. Her ability helps her hit for decent damage while she tanks physical hits. I also chose her because she has Stealth Rock, and we all know how awesome Stealth Rock is. The EV's and nature are there to make her a physical tank and the Black Sludge is there for healing.

Moustache (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SDef / 168 Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp or Toxic?
- Taunt

Now that I have entry hazard users, I wouldn't want anyone to spin their hazards away, would I? To stop them from spinning my hazards away, I chose Jellicent. His great special bulk and spinblocking capabilities are what intrigued me to use him. He also acts as a great staller because he can burn them and just spam Recover. Taunt is there to stop Foretress and Ferrothorn from laying down hazards. The EV's and nature make him an awesome mixed wall. The Leftovers are there for recovery.

Jelly Bro? (Foretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Now that I have a good spinblocker, I should get a Rapid Spinner. I chose Foretress because not only can he Rapid Spin, he can set up Spikes, and he can take hits for my other Pokes. Spikes and Rapid Spin on one Pokemon is pretty nifty. Having both of these completes my entry hazard core. As for the moves, Gyro Ball is there for a nice move that does a good amount of damage and Volt Switch is to get out of risky situations. The EV spread makes sure that he can take physical hits extremely well and take special hits alright too. Leftovers is nice for healing off the damage taken.

Hydra (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

This set or Sub + 3 attacks?
The star of the team, Hydreigon. I'm just gonna tell you right now, this guy is extremely good at what it does. A lot of people complain about its speed, but I myself don't find it too bad. It could be better, but it's not horrible. Anyway, the reason I chose this guy is because I wanted a special based mixed set. Draco Meteor is there for, well, destruction. Fire Blast is for nice coverage against Ice types and Steel types. Superpower is there to defeat Chansey/Blissey and also to Defeat Ice and Steel types with weaker defense. Roost is there to heal off Life Orb recoil and damage taken. The EV's are there to max it's special attack and speed so it can outspeed Dragonite and Haxorous while OHKOing both.

U mad bro? (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword

My last Pokemon, Terrakion. This thing is great for late game cleaning up because it out speeds a lot of things and weakened Pokes are sure to be OHKO by STAB Close Combat. I chose it because I wanted something that could out speed plenty of threats and cleanup. It's pretty obvious why I chose the moves that are on the set. Stone Edge is a great STAB move that hits like a truck. Close Combat is pretty much the same as Stone Edge. It hits very hard with STAB although it lowers defenses. X-Scissor is a decent coverage move on Terrakion. Sacred Sword is there for when I want a reliable move that doesn't lower my stats. The EV spread gives it fully invested speed and attack. The nature gives it max speed and the Scarf lets it outspeed a lot of threats in the metagame.

Threat List:

Keldeo-R / Keldeo sweeps this team clean after a Calm Mind. Jellicent is fried by a 2HKO by HP [Grass/Electric] and same with Volcarona. After a Quiver Dance, this is also going to smack through this team like a oven. Alakazam, Kyurem-B/Normal, and many special sweepers that lurk OU cause this team a immediate loss. A way to fix this broblem is to have a pokemon thats faster like Choice Scarf Terrakion. I recommend switching it with Jirachi. As you may know, Jirachi has only a measly base 100 Speed and since every team has it well checked because of hax, Terrakion is a better choice especially since it can outspeed many sweepers like Volcarona, Keldeo, SubKyurem, Alakazam, ChargeJolteon, Lati@s, and many others with its amazing and powerful STABs. Here is the set.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissors
- Sacred Sword

Hope this could help! Welcome to Smogon!

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

There are a couple of problems with your team, but I feel like if they are fixed it's gonna be pretty effective. The main problem I see with it is that, while you're trying to make use of a hazard stacking + spinblocker core, you don't use it to its highest potential. While Toxic Spikes are cool and all, it's pretty easy for any team with Tentacruel to get rid of them since it absorbs them upon switching in. Unfortunately, Tentacruel is most commonly found on Rain teams, which are probably the kind of team they are most effective against, which leads them into being... not very useful most of the time. Regular Spikes are usually much better, since when coupled with Stealth Rock, they will heavily punish switches. I also think that you're putting too much pressure on Jirachi, since it's your only Dragon resist. Jirachi is far from invincible, especially against powerful Dragons such as Dragonite or Kyurem-B, so you may end up having to sac something to beat Dragon types, which is not very effective for your kind of team. I think that you should put Stealth Rock on Nidoqueen instead of Toxic Spikes, and use Forretress instead of Donphan. Forretress will be able to do a couple of things that your team needs. First of all, it still uses Rapid Spin, which is always useful. It will also bring you a very bulky Steel type to remove pressure on Jirachi, and provide you with Spikes support to take advantage of your spinblocker Jellicent. That way, your team is going to be much more effective, in my opinion.

Try out Roost on Hydreigon instead of Dark Pulse. With Life Orb recoil adding up every turn, Hydreigon will be very easy to weaken for the opposing team, Roost helps with that. Dark Pulse isn't very useful anyway, as it has pretty lame coverage with Draco Meteor. If you want an alternative attacking move, Fire Blast hits for the same damage as Dark Pulse anyway.

Will-O-Wisp is usually better than Toxic on Jellicent, as that way you can cripple physical attackers and such by reducing their Attack. It will also be able to hit Tentacruel, something Jellicent may have to face often since it's your spinblocker. Will-O-Wisp still drains the opponent's HP a lot, and while Toxic may be better on the long run, in most matches you won't really see the difference, except for WoW's benefits (and infuriating accuracy)

Here's the set you should use:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
~Gyro Ball
~Volt Switch
~Spikes
~Rapid Spin

Good luck!

Thank you both for your suggestions. It seems that Jirachi is having the bad end of the deal lol.

One question. Am I supposed to update my team if I change it around?

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The team looks nice,you get bonus points for using Nidoqueen!
However,I feel like you're putting too much pressure on Jellicent to halt rain teams,and Tentacruel can really screw around with this team. Since you have Terrakion to check Tornadus-T I recommend running TECHNILOOM over Conkeldurr. His +2 Mach punch is much more powerful than Conkeldurrs +1,and he gets a useful Grass typing and Spore plus he can smack Tentacruel with Bullet Seed whereas Conkeldurr gets walled and since you're running Iron Fist,he'll get burned before doing much.
Breloom's Mach punch is so ridiculously powerful it has a decent 2HKO chance against Tornadus-T after it switched into Stealth Rock (assuming Adamant and Life Orb).
Also,Nidoqueen can run Relaxed and Earthquake to better hit Tentacruel and Jirachi,which can both give this team a hard time.
Also,I'm going to have to disagree with replacing Toxic on Jellicent. Or else it becomes setup fodder for Volcarona,the Lati twins and Ninetales. It will also get manhandled by Politoed,Blissey and other support Pokemon. WoW just wont cut it sometimes and Scald's burn chance should be enough.

Mosquiton

Tette
Hi There! nice team!

The first thing I notice is a big weakness to SheerLando that can 2OHKing all your team, so to solve this problem I suggest a quick change, put Celebi > Conkeldurr, by doing so you get a decent support to sheerlando but also against the water and electric spams, the set is: Gigadrain + HP Fire to stop the volturning, recover is the recovery move and TWave is there primarily to paralyze tornadus the entrance to which you are a bit 'weak but also the other poké. At this point you should change the Jellicent's evs spread from calm to bold with: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spd in order to better withstand the pursuiter and stone edge of Terrakion, also can putspeed bulkytoed, Scizor, Skarmory and Tyranitar without investment in speed; and put taunt > SBall for contrast the bulky Pokémon.
As a final step you should use Hydreigon with the sub and 3 special attacks ifor make a lot of damage to the offensive teams: Dragon pulse for the stab, Epower for Heatran and Jirachi under rain and FireBlast for ferrothron, Forretress & stuff.

Hope i Helped.

Sets:
Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SDef / 24 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hydreigon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

Thank you both. You both suggested replacements to my Conkeldurr. Which one should I use? Techniloom or Celebi?

EDIT: I have made a big update.

Conkeldurr replacement

Hey dude, great team. As for the replacement for Conkeldurr, my suggestion would be Techniloom, primarily because it has a similar playstyle to Conkeldurr. Just watch out if you do try Techniloom out, because if the other team has Espeon or Xatu, they'll just send your Spore right back at you with Magic Bounce.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude! Your team is already very well rounded, and a lot of these raters have fixed most of your problems, so you shouldn't need too many more rates after this one! Alright lets begin!

First off, thanks for using Hydreigon! With Genesect gone, it's quite annoying that this thing STILL hardly gets any use what so ever, but it's got so many things going for it I don't see why. Anyways, I see what you mean when you say that Thunder Wave is quite problematic to your team, however at the same time I don't. Nidoqueen completely sops up T-Wave, and with the proper prediction Nidoqueen can foil common T-wavers such as Ferrothorn and Celebi, while threatening them with Flamethrower. Now for Gengar that's quite a hard one. Handling Gengar is quite the challenge due to Levitate and it's decent move coverage. The only thing I can really think of, is replacing Roost with Dark Pulse, but then again Life Orb damage will rack up really fast. Honestly if I were you, I'd replace Superpower with Dark Pulse because you already have two Fighting types on your team, so Hydreigon really doesn't need Superpower.

Yeah, Gengar is quite the problem, however there aren't too many options out there to handle him without replacing a team member entirely, but your team works great as is, and I don't really want to replace a member of your team just to handle one Pokemon.

Try my suggestions and see how you like them. Other then that, good luck!

The Dark Pulse suggestion helps a lot. Thanks! And for paralysis I could try to predict and switch to Nidoqueen like you said.

Your team is fairly Reuniclus weak. After a trick room or a couple of calm minds, you don't have an easy time fainting it, and it can hit the majority of your team for super effective. For this, I think that you should use Scizor over Breloom. For minimal changes, I like the offensive swords dance set.
Scizor
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Technician
nature:Adamant
252 Atk/4 spdef/252 spe
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Bug Bite
This also helps to minimize you weakness to psychics in general, such as Alakazam. You do lose that nice sleep status that Breloom could dish out, but Scizor's better bulk should make up for this. It also helps your trouble with Gengar. This would make you weaker to rain though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)