Thundurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]

-Very unique typing
- High Speed and Attack
- Immunites to paralysis and ground attacks
- Prankster Thunder Wave allows it to shut down Xerneas after Geomancy and fast threats (ex. Tailwind)
- Prankster taunt allows it to shut down the always scary Smeargle and prevent Geomancies. As well as shutting down other prankster users such as Liepard
- Can be run Physical for surprise

[SET]
name: Standard
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Thunder Wave
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Protect
item: Sitrus Berry/Focus Sash
ability: Prankster
nature: Timid (0 IVs in Atk)
evs: i need help for this

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

The set is very standard and makes use of Thundurus's amazing ability and movepool. Thunderbolt is a reliable STAB move that does a good chunk of damage to anything that does not resist it. Thunder wave is Thundurus's claim to fame, as it allows Thundurus to act as an emergency counter to fast mons. Taunt prevents opponents from using non-attacking moves such as Dark Void, Geomancy, Swagger, and Thunder Wave from opposing Thundurus, to name a few. Protect is good for scouting and playing mind games.

Set Details
========

Describe the other aspects of the set such as what the EVs do and nature/item.

Usage Tips
========

- Good as a lead, counters Xerneas and Smeargle
- Use protect when fearing a fake out
- Good on slow teams in order to shut down fast threats
- look out for super effective moves as it is very frail

Team Options
========

-Mega Rayquaza
-- Delta Stream gives Thundurus no weaknesses.

- Both Primals
-- Role Play on Thundurus gives it control of the weather when running Primals. It can ensure Kyogre uses Water Spout even if Groudon switches in by using Skill Swap on Kyogre. The physical set can outright KO Kyogres for your Groudon, and the standard special set can pick off weakened Kyogres.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

- A physical set with Wild Charge can be run to OHKO standard Kyogre
- Role Play can be used to take control of the weather
- Thunder can be used for extra power, but Kyogre would need to be always paired with it
- Focus Blast to take out Ferrothorn/Dialga, but accuracy is a problem. Also it causes

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ground Types**: Immune to T Wave and Electric moves. Able to hit back with moves such as Rock Slide and Eruption.
**Cresselia**: Superb bulk allows it to tank hits and hit back with an ice beam or steal prankster. Also, it can use gravity so that a partner can hit it with a ground move. Especially if it has mental herb.
**Dialga**: Resistant to Thunderbolt and paralysis does not do much to hinder it.

This should be labelled as WIP if you don't have anything written in Set Details and several half-baked sentences; the analysis needs to be feature complete before QC look at it. You also need to rewrite the moves section into bullet point form, as you're not allowed to start the write-up until 1/2 2/2 QC.

Last edited:
This should be labelled as WIP if you don't have anything written in Set Details and several half-baked sentences; the analysis needs to be feature complete before QC look at it. You also need to rewrite the moves section into bullet point form, as you're not allowed to start the write-up until 1/2 QC.
Actually it's not until 2/2

Ahh! I myself am looking forward to this analysis, too. I use Thund a lot in BS Doubles, and I'd really like to see what he can do in VGC 16...

Full speed and attack investment is workable, IMO. especially with HP Ice for Quaz and Mence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)