Tier Shift Metagame (THIS IS BW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only lower tier mega that seems broken though is Medicham-Mega (70/110/95/90/95/110). The other Mega Evolutions are all UU, aside from Abomasnow and Banette, thus the boost is minimal and only implies a better speed tier. Even Abomasnow, which becomes bulkier than fucking Suicune and reaches power levels comparable to Aegislash(100/142/115/142/115/40), is perfectly manageable due to shit typing and speed tier.
I was going to ask that, too ... +20 ...? No, no, too crazy.
Considering that PU is the home of normally shitmons such as Sunflora or Zebstrika, it seems fair to me tbh.

Also, if Blissey manages to drop, will her HP increase? Iirc it isn't possible due to 255 being the absolute maximum for any base stat.

Also, if Blissey manages to drop, will her HP increase? Iirc it isn't possible due to 255 being the absolute maximum for any base stat.
If I was in charge of this, I would buff all her other stats +6 if she fell because, if the HP can't increase, spread its increase among the other stats.

What about things like Ninetales/Politoed?

With Drought and Drizzle being banned from UU, then they will probably end up being NU, and thus get a huge stat boost. Should we count them as BL, since that's where they would be if they were running their optimal sets (that is, with the weather abilities)?

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Megas only get a boost of +100 to their normal form's stat totals. So here in TS, it gets that in addition to the TS boost.

Megas only get a boost of +100 to their normal form's stat totals. So here in TS, it gets that in addition to the TS boost.
To be more precise, every Mega Evolution's total stat gain upon being Mega Evolved is exactly 100.

For example:

Mewtwo -> Mega Mewtwo Y = +40 Attack, -20 Defense, +40 Special Attack, +30 Special Defense, +10 Speed = 40-20+40+30+10 = 100
Ampharos -> Mega Ampharos = +20 Attack, +20 Defense, +50 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, -10 Speed = 20+20+50+20-10 = 100
Blaziken -> Mega Blaziken = +40 Attack, +10 Defense, +20 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed = 40+10+20+10+20 = 100
Mawile -> Mega Mawile = +20 Attack, +40 Defense, +40 Special Defense = 20+40+40 = 100
Absol -> Mega Absol = +20 Attack, +40 Special Attack, +40 Speed = 20+40+40 = 100
Lucario -> Mega Lucario = +35 Attack, +18 Defense, +25 Special Attack, +22 Speed = 35+18+25+22 = 100

And so on.

The only Pokémon that doesn't get +100 BST upon Mega Evolution is Alakazam, which is likely just an oversight, as Alakazam got +10 on its BST in base form in the jump from Gen 5 to Gen 6 that the developers probably forgot about. (If Alakazam had kept its Gen 5 stats, it would have gotten a +100 boost upon Mega Evolving.)

What I'm curious about is how these will work in Tier Shift though.

For example, suppose Medicham is RU. This being the case, it will get +10 on each of its base stats for Tier Shift. Mega Medicham, however, is OU. So would it not get any boosts? If that's the case, what happens if you have a Medicham with only 5 HP left and then Mega Evolve it? Its new base stat calculation would then push it to 0 HP and then kill it right away. Just something to consider.

For example, suppose Medicham is RU. This being the case, it will get +10 on each of its base stats for Tier Shift. Mega Medicham, however, is OU. So would it not get any boosts? If that's the case, what happens if you have a Medicham with only 5 HP left and then Mega Evolve it? Its new base stat calculation would then push it to 0 HP and then kill it right away. Just something to consider.
Like I said, Medichamite isn't OU, it's BL, and BL 'mons get the same boost as UU 'mons. However, you do bring up a good point about HP, I hadn't thought about that. It would probably be best to keep the base form's HP stat to avoid weird situations like you described.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Sandslash, that's exactly what I said? o.O And as for Alakazam, it's likely more that they did it on purpose rather than it being an oversight - due to the fact that he got +10 to SpD in standard. And I'm pretty sure Medicham-Mega was on the UU banlist, but was not listed as OU on Teambuilder nor was its usage high enough, hence like Debater says it's likely BL.

That is indeed a weird situation though, the HP, but I think that HP should remain untouched, as the stat changes making things bulkier/faster/powerful is what gives them niches. I would suggest spreading the boost to its defenses but HP and defense stats don't always correlate to the same amount of bulk (Swampert's 100/90 SpD is better than Gastrodon's 111/82, even though it doesn't like it is on first glance).

So 70/104/89/84/89/104, in other words only a 4 points boost in the other stats in order to increase its BST by 30 points as a Borderline mon? Yeah i guess it looks much less broken, but I'm afraid it would complicate things. The other BL megas, Gardevoir and Heracross are fine i guess, they evolve from UU mons. For reference, their stat spread is 73/90/70/170/140/105 and 85/190/120/45/110/80 respectively. For the whole mega-evolution deal, you have to consider that you'll have to deal with most legendaries as well, such as Meloetta, Mew, Shaymin, Zygarde, Kyurem, Raikou, Moltres, Regirock, Tornadus etc. Should we ban or don't give boosts to lower tier legendaries as well? I don't think so.

Last edited:

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sandslash, that's exactly what I said? o.O And as for Alakazam, it's likely more that they did it on purpose rather than it being an oversight - due to the fact that he got +10 to SpD in standard. And I'm pretty sure Medicham-Mega was on the UU banlist, but was not listed as OU on Teambuilder nor was its usage high enough, hence like Debater says it's likely BL.

That is indeed a weird situation though, the HP, but I think that HP should remain untouched, as the stat changes making things bulkier/faster/powerful is what gives them niches. I would suggest spreading the boost to its defenses but HP and defense stats don't always correlate to the same amount of bulk (Swampert's 100/90 SpD is better than Gastrodon's 111/82, even though it doesn't like it is on first glance).
Ampharos got +10 in standard, but also got +100 in the mega.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)