Tier Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Jynx who is NU this gen?
80/65/50/130/110/110

Or even pyroar?
101/83/87/124/81/121

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to get started in this meta. There´s a viability ranking or a sample teams thread somewhere? Because I dont´t really know how to start.

Also instead of conforming to those two resources try out things that look cool. This is always a good policy when playing an OM(especially one designed to boost viability of lower tier mons)

Of course; I just wanted to get a general idea of the metagame. And I picked this metagame just for that, new Pokémon being viable = innovation. That´s why OU isn´t that great.

omg, the terrors of FU pokemon... crap, I just realized all LC pokemon count as FU, and that includes Trapinch...

PU actually seems big and well developed enough that it could be used in TS. I know it doesn't have a corresponding BL tier, but that might because of the pokemon in the tier rather than the development of the tier itself.

What about Jynx who is NU this gen?
80/65/50/130/110/110

Or even pyroar?
101/83/87/124/81/121
Neither are bad and bith are definitely pretty useful. If one is using a hail team that base 130 SpAtt on Jynx is on hell of a Blizzard spammer combined with just the sheer power and speed it has. While Pyroar faces competition from other NU Normals it definitely looks like it can hold some great power in the sun especially with Fire Blast coming off 124 Sp. Att. The only problem with him on Sun would be the redundant typing with Sawsbuck which is outright amazing in the Sun.

Depending if they're in OU, UU, RU or NU. For example, Chansey (a NFE) doesn't get any boosts, because she's OU.
I mean the actual tier; does it get +25 boosts? +30? Is it the same as a PU or NU tier?

Also, just a point out for TS Lanturn's BST;
140/73/73/91/91/82

Wow, decently bulky water/volt absorber

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I mean the actual tier; does it get +25 boosts? +30? Is it the same as a PU or NU tier?

140/73/73/91/91/82

They just get the same boosts as NU pokemon.

EV

Banned deucer.

140/73/73/91/91/82

NFE is not a tier, so no there is no set boosts for NFEs. It depends where they fall in the standard tiering (OU --> NU) like Twiranitar said. Chansey is OU and gets no boosts. Dusclops is considered NU and gets +15. Gligar is RU and gets +10.

Lets get some actual discussion in here instead of asking the same question that was answered a few posts before (PU doesn't get boosts). How will ORAS change Tier Shift as we know it. I have already seen a few threads hyping Pangoro, and for good reason. While it was previously a pokemon with a very interesting move and bad coverage, the move tutors gave it a ton. Superpower, Knock Off, the elemental punches, Gunk Shot, Drain Punch, Focus Punch, and Zen Headbutt. I'd wager it will rise in the standard tiers and therefore lose some boosts, but in NU its base attack is 1 shy of Sawk and bulk is very usuable. The megas could also be interesting, with Swampert helping rain, Sceptile hindering it, Lopunny revenging everything, Slowbro being a bulky water type (I know, this tier really needs more bulky waters cause Mola isn't enough for your physical attackers), and many others. I would like to hear the thoughts of others and discuss, so please share

Reactions: EV
I'm interested to see where Mega Altaria will land. It can fill numerous roles, has good stats all around and is sure to rise from NU but probably not reach OU. If I'm right on that, that would give the mega form at least +5 to every stat with an amazing move pool and ability. I can with out a doubt see Mega Altaria being scary, but who else? You may ask. Lets take Mega Audino, which is a mega I think I've seen all of three times, with starting stats of: 103/60/126/80/126/50. I doubt it will stay in NU, but if we presume RU then it gets an hp stat of 113, Def of 136 with a matching special defense and a decent base 90 special attack. Its new Fairy typing should be a boon for it, being able to take on what ever Dragons it may come across and take on all else with its insane bulk, and its more usable special attack stat should make what ever attacking option it chooses hit decently hard. The next thing I would like to cover is Mega Steelix who starts at a nice: 75/125/230/55/95/30. While Steelix is currently NU (or so I believe, do correct me if I'm wrong), its not inconceivable for Mega Steelix to make a jump from NU to UU due to the addition of a mega (like Aggron did with UU used here because the two seem similar). Assuming a plus five boost to all stats, our highlight becomes 130 attack, 235 Defense and 100 Special Defense making its special defense a little more usable and makes its attack rival Scizor, Garchomp and Breelom. Of course I could be wrong about these placements but that should only lend itself towards more discussion, what do you guys think of my predictions?

I think Steeliz will not share the same tier as Aggron, because while Steelix is a nice tank Sand isn't that used in UU and MegaAggron is a better wall overall thanks to filter. I'm much more interested in whatever will land in RU and NU. All the megas seems to have a shot but right now I think most will not make it in neither OU or UU due to how many of them we have. MegaGallade will compete with MegaMedicham. M-Pidgeot competes with M-Salamence and Tornadus and M-Glalie competes with everything else. I think Glalie will the only NU Mega (at least 95/135/95/135/95/115 is really threatening) although Banete and Aboma might end up as well (I wouldn't even discount M-Beedril going to NU but I think it will be RU, along with Audino and hopefully Camerupt)

I think Steeliz will not share the same tier as Aggron, because while Steelix is a nice tank Sand isn't that used in UU and MegaAggron is a better wall overall thanks to filter. I'm much more interested in whatever will land in RU and NU. All the megas seems to have a shot but right now I think most will not make it in neither OU or UU due to how many of them we have. MegaGallade will compete with MegaMedicham. M-Pidgeot competes with M-Salamence and Tornadus and M-Glalie competes with everything else. I think Glalie will the only NU Mega (at least 95/135/95/135/95/115 is really threatening) although Banete and Aboma might end up as well (I wouldn't even discount M-Beedril going to NU but I think it will be RU, along with Audino and hopefully Camerupt)
Personally, I think at the current moment it is discountable to have MBeedril in NU. I think he'll begin the generation either UU or OU and if he doesn't work out he would drop (which imo would be terrifying. Its ungodly fast and strong already). I'm honestly not sure where Cam will end up, I can almost assure you he will be on early Trick Room and people will purposefully make Trick Room to run him but after lower ladder gets tired of him I can see him dropping down to RU atleast, which would make him decently threatening. Here's an interesting thought though, Gallade might beat out Medicham do to the speed which would mean a Mega Medicham with 105 speed.

Otherwise, the only other thought I'm having at the moment is the potential for sharpedo to go UU with its mega, giving the mega a spread of 75/145/75/115/70/110 with Speed Boost before megaing to help boost that speed up a little more. 145 Attack is far from a push over and unlike regular Sharpedo it doesn't have to worry about LO recoil and has higher Special Attack to complement any potential mixed sets.

Also, while not a mega, Mismagius does apparently have Mystical Fire now so that might be something else to play around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)