Time Stalling as a Strategy

They should just resolve this issue of shady sportsmanship by splitting the timer in two, each player has a 20min timer. Who ever runs out first loses.
That's exactly how a chess clock works and as a chess player I approve. Sad that Gamefreak can't solve a problem that the chess community solved forever ago (1800's I think).

I have played competitive checkers (2008 21 and under US Champ) and I've dealt with timers...

The problem is... if you play just a smidge faster than your opponent and if you use something stupid like Funbro and it works... Wellllllll, gg. Its another way to "stall". Which can be stupid, but it can work if you're determined enough.

I feel the best way for Nintendo to handle it is... Reducing input time if you're taking 50+ sec to a limit of 50, then 40+ sec to 40, and so on.

The problem is... if you play just a smidge faster than your opponent and if you use something stupid like Funbro and it works... Wellllllll, gg. Its another way to "stall". Which can be stupid, but it can work if you're determined enough.
Even if this would still work you will just have to count in your head if you are ahead or not, as each players timer wouldn't show for the opponent, just their own. And as you said just a "smidge" faster, it could pretty easily become just a "smidge" slower due to delay.
And there is still the fact that you need to stall for over 60 turns, up to 120 turns if you play against someone that only takes 10 sec each turn.
I just can't see anyone doing this more then 5 times before they give up and go for a real strategy.

Just the fact that they calculate the winner over HP is the stupidest as that is the bread and butter of a staller, even just changing it to "most damage done" would break this problem.
Which is what a real fighting match is calculating, not who takes the most hits and are still standing but who were able to dish out the most...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)