Tips and Tricks: RBY

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
The Pokemon you find with the Missingno. glitch are determined by the letter in the 3rd, 5th, and 7th slot. The list gives the letter and the Pokemon you get out of it. For example, if my in-game name was SuPermE, I would find Weezing (P), Squirtle (r), and Snorlax (E).
That's what I thought you were talking about. I'll be sure to add your list to the OP.
The old man glitch and the one under it both have "—" littered through them; I'm pretty sure this is a typo
This is a bit of coding that I've added to make HTMLizing this compilation go faster, but thank you for letting me know.

Also for the evolution without stone glitch, you don't need to fight a trainer; while it's far easier, I admit, you can also fight a wild pokemon; as long as it levels up you're good
I'll make a note of this, but since many trainers have multiple Pokemon (and give out more EXP per Pokemon), it's a rather inferior choice.

Also rather hilariously glitch city says you can evolve pikachu to raichu in yellow xD
It won't follow you though (add to yellow tips and tricks)

You still ahve to go through most of the game until cinnabar, unfortunately :(
Because the Yellow-version's Pikachu's overworld sprite has little to no impact on the competitive aspects of the game, I think I'll leave it as is and allow the player to assume it's possible to evolve Pikachu in this fashion.

Actually though I'm really curious; does this apply to other items like potions?
I.E.
When you switch in Ursaring Missingno (dec 62; hex 3e), is a lemonade used on the switched out pokemon?
I am also very curious about this, and will be doing tests on my old Red cartridge to see what I can dig up on the subject.

If another person knows something about this, please weigh in.

You can get Mewtwo at any given point, preferably after you get the Master Ball.
I had completely forgotten about catching Mewtwo. That in and of itself warrants adding the glitch, so I'll get right on it.

Go Past the Marowak Ghost Without the Silph Scope

1. Encounter Marowak ghost

2. Use Pokedoll

That's it lolol.

Not really a trick, but in Stadium, after you beat your rival, you can get one of these 8 Pokemon at level 20 (chosen randomly)

- Bulbusaur
- Charmander
- Squirtle
- Hitmonlee
- Hitmonchan
- Eevee
- Omanyte
- Kabuto

Also, you can get Amnesia Psyduck if you register all 151 Pokemon in the Hall of Fame in Stadium.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Unless someone has something to add to this thread in the next 12 hours I'm going to go ahead and start HTMLizing it. Anything not currently included does not fit the thread title (RBY only) or is not competition-oriented.

Max out HP

By depositing a Pokemon into a box, then withdrawing it, it's max HP is often increased (in the same way using a HP UP does). I haven't done this in quite a while, but I think it has a similar effect on other stats (i.e. Attack, Defense, Speed, Special).
In order to max out the HP, you need to do this multiple times (exact number I can't recall); once it is maxed, if you attempt to use a HP UP you will get the maxed out message ("Won't have any effect")

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I don't love you like I did, yesterday

add
remove
comments

RBY Tips and Tricks

Cloning Pokémon
Pokémon can be cloned in Gen I by abusing the trading mechanic. All that is needed is two Gen I games with a Pokémon to be cloned on one cartridge and a Pokémon that can be deleted on the other cartridge. Both games must also have progressed to the point that trading is possible.

To start the process, begin trading the two Pokémon. When the screen reads "Waiting...", shut off the game that had the Pokémon to be cloned on it. After restarting both games, the cloned Pokémon will be present on both cartridges while the other Pokémon is deleted.

It shoud be noted that Pokémon can also be cloned by switching boxes in Bill's PC, although this method tends to result in corrupted game data and loss of saved games. The steps to this glitch can be found in the Generation II Tips and Tricks compilation.

Walk Through Walls
Using the Walk tThrough Walls glitch allows the player to bypass many of the storyline elements that keep certain areas unreachable. Collecting hidden items, skipping dungeon puzzles, and encountering Mewtwo early are all made easier via this glitch.

Method:
-Get one of your Pokemon poisoned.
-Once one Pokemon is poisoned, Fly to Fuschia City.
-Deposit all of your Pokemon except the one that got poisoned.
-Enter the Safari Zone. (return)
-Exit the Safari Zone. When asked, "Leaving early?" reply "NO."
-Save your game and reset.
-Exit the Safari Zone again. You will be asked to enter the Safari Zone for $500. Reply "NO."
-Walk for 499 steps. On your 500th step jump off of a ledge. You will be teleported to the Safari Zone lobby. You now have the ability to walk through walls.

The glitch will no longer work if you...
-Battle a trainer.
-Fly or Teleport to any location.
-Go inside a building.
-Go outside too far and have the game crash (these crashes will not damage your game).
-Save your game and turn it off.

The glitch is unaffected by...
-Capturing or battling wild Pokemon.
-Talking to NPCs, including the old man for the Missingno. Glitch.
-Using the PC

The Mew Glitch
Forcing this glitch allows the player to obtain a Level 7 Mew. It is a variant of another glitch, commonly known as the Ditto Glitch. However, for this glitch to happen, the player must not have battled two trainers from the list below (known as long-distance Trainers) and have a Pokémon who knows Fly in your party.

Method
-Approach a long-distance Trainer so that you are one tile out of their line of vision.
-Take the one step needed to enter their view, but press the start buttong before they have the chance to engage you in battle.
-Use Fly and go to another long-distance Trainer.
-Cross this Trainer's view as far away from them as you can get (crossing their path any closer can cause the game to freeze).
-After defeating the second long-distance trainer, Fly close to the first Trainer and start walking near them.
-When the start menu comes up, press B. Once the menu closes, you will engage in a battle against a Level 7 Mew.

Route 8:
-Gambler closest to the entry of the underground tunnel.
Route 9:
-Male Jr. Trainer saying, "I'm taking the ROCK TUNNEL to go to LAVENDER..."
Route 11:
-Youngster located in the upper, right upper-right hand corner of the route.
-Youngster farthest south.
Route 12:
-Second Fisherman you meet as you walk south of Lavender Town.
Route 17:
-Second farthest north Biker.
Route 19:
-Swimmer looking upwards from a cluster of four trainers.
-Beauty looking right from a cluster of four trainers.
-Swimmer saying, "I tried diving for POKEMON, but it was a no go!"
-Swimmer saying, "What's beyond the horizon?" (add quotation)
Route 20:
-Swimmer in upper-right hand corner of the route.
-Beauty saying, "My boyfriend gave me big pearls!"
-Beauty saying, "CINNABAR, in the west, has a LAB for POKEMON."
Route 21:
-Swimmer south of bridge with 2 Fishermen. (1)
-Swimmer south of bridge with 2 Fishermen. (2)
Route 24:
-Male Jr. Trainer left of the Nugget Bridge.
Fourth Floor of Silph Co.:
-Rocket that is on the right side of the table.
-Rocket that is the farthest left and down on the floor.
Eighth Floor of Silph Co.:
-Rocket that is farthest south of all.
-Rocket that is located in the lower right-hand corner of the floor.
Ninth Floor of Silph Co.:
-Rocket located farthest south. (In the middle corridor)
Brock's Gym (Unusable):
-Only trainer in Brock's Gym.
Viridian Forest (Yellow ONLY)
-Next to last Bug Catcher. (Must use Escape Rope to leave)

Ditto Glitch
This variation of the Ditto Glitch can be used to receive an unlimited number of any species of Pokémon. In order for this glitch to have maximum effectiveness, the player must have a basic understanding of the hexidecimal and decimal systems used to identify Pokémon. This glitch will cause temporary loss of the start menu, but it will be restored after resetting the game.

Procedure:
-Train a Pokémon so that its Special stat is the same as the decimal number of the Pokémon you want to receive, and keep it in your party for the remainder of the glitch.
-Approach a long-distance Trainer, walking into their view and Flying away before they is are able to battle you.
-Fly to any PokéCenter and save your game by switching boxes in Bill's PC (since the start menu is now gone).
-Reset the game, beat the Elite Four, then defeat the Champion.
-After defeating him, get in a battle with a wild Ditto and let it transform into the Pokémon with the calibrated Special stat.
-Run from the transformed Ditto and Fly back to the long-distance Trainer.
-Press B to exit the start menu when it appears. Once you press B you will be engaged in a battle with a Pokemon (add accent on e) whose decimal identifier is the same as the calibrate Special stat.

Other, non-infinite versions of this glitch can be found on other sites, including Glitch City Laboratories.

Old Man (Missingno.) Glitch
This glitch can be used to obtain multiple glitch Pokémon, including Missingno. and Pokémon over Level 100. Missingno. can then be used to obtain 128 copies of the sixth item in your Bag at a time. However, it also results in some cosmetic or data changes to the game, some of which have the potential to make the entire game cartridge useless. These changes occur in the Hall of Fame portion of the PC; instead of your Pokémon's sprites showing up, glitched graphics will be displayed.

Prerequisites:
-Game data that has progressed at least up to Cinnabar Island
-A Pokémon that knows the move Fly
-A Pokémon that knows the move Surf

Method
-Go to Viridian City and talk to the old man who shows you how to catch Pokémon.
-Immediately after he completes his demonstration, Fly to Cinnabar Island.
-Go east until you reach the shore.
-Surf up and down the coast, staying as close to the shore as possible.

Surfing in this location will cause many non-oceanic Pokémon to appear—including those over Level 100—and glitch Pokémon like Missingno. or 'M. Encountering either of these glitch Pokémon will give you 128 more copies of whatever your sixth item is. The other Pokémon you encounter are generated based on the third, fifth, and seventh letters of your character's name. Below is a list of which letters generate which Pokémon:

A: Golduck
B: Hypno
C: Golbat
D: Mewtwo
E: Snorlax
F: Magikarp
G: Missingno.
H: Missingno.
I: Muk
J: Missingno.
K: Kingler
L: Cloyster
M: Missingno.
N: Electrode
O: Clefable
P: Weezing
Q: Persian
R: Marowak
S: Missingno.
T: Haunter
U: Abra
V: Alakazam
W: Pidgeotto
X: Pidgeot
Y: Starmie
Z: Bulbasaur
( - Venusaur
) - Tentacruel
: - Missingno.
; - Goldeen
[ - Seaking
]: Missingno.
a: Missingno.
b: Missingno.
c: Missingno.
d: Ponyta
e: Rapidash
f: Rattata
g: Raticate
h: Nidorino
i: Nidorina
j: Geodude
k: Porygon
l: Aerodactyl
m: Missingno.
n: Magnemite
o: Missingno.
p: Missingno.
q: Charmander
r: Squirtle
s: Charmeleon
t: Wartortle
u: Charizard
v: Missingno.
w: Missingno.
x: Missingno.
y: Missingno.
z: Oddish

Evolving Pokemon without Evolutionary Stones
Prerequisites:
-A Pokémon that evolves by eEvolution sStone, such as Clefairy, Staryu, or Pikachu, as the first Pokemon in your party.
-One of the following Pokemon, each one of which corresponds to an evolution stone, in your party.
--Exeggutor - Moon Stone
--HEX 20 Missingno. (period) - Fire Stone
--Psyduck - Leaf Stone
--Growlithe - Thunderstone
--Onix - Water Stone

Method:
-Get into a trainer or wild Pokémon battle (the former is the superior choice in most cases).
-Have the first Pokémon in your party—the one you're trying to evolve—gain a level.
-Switch out the Pokémon that the player is you're trying to evolve and put the Pokémon that corresponds to the necessary eEvolution sStone.
-Have that Pokémon finish the trainer battle

Catching Safari Zone Pokemon (add accent on e)
This glitch can be used to make encountering and catching hard-to-find Safari Zone Pokemon, (add accent on e and comma) like Chansey and Kangaskhan, (comma) easier. It can also be used to encounter any Pokemon from any Route simply by changing your location from the Safari Zone to the desired location. However, this glitch cannot be preformed performed on the Yellow version.

Prerequisites:
-Access to Fuscia City and Cinnibar Island
-A Pokemon (add accent on e) with Fly
-A Pokemon (add accent on e) with Surf

Method:
-Enter the Safari Zone. (period)
-Either Retire or run around and use up all your time. (period)
-Upon exiting fFly to Cinnibar Island. (period)
-Go to the coast that is next to the gym facing the Seafoam Islands. (period)
-Surf up and down. You will run into Pokemon (add accent on e) normally obtainable only in the Safari Zone and will be able to weaken and catch them without them running away.

Level 1 to 100 Glitch
Using this glitch will allow you to increase the level of a given Surprise Pokemon (one encountered using the Ditto or Mew Glitches) from Level 1 to Level 100 by manipulating how the game handles leveling up. Note that this can only be preformed performed on three-stage Pokémon (ex. Bulbasaur line, Charmander line, ect.) and Mew.

Method:
-Stand close enough to a long-ranged Trainer so that if you take one step towards them, they will challenge you.
-Hit start before the Trainer can walk up to you.
-Use Fly, Dig, Teleport, or an Escape Rope to transfer you to a Pokemon (add accent on e) Center.
-Have a Pokemon (add accent on e) that knows Growl. (period) (return)
- (add hyphen)Growl at the desired Pokemon six (space) times. This will make the Surprise Pokemon Level 1 (make sure this trainer has a vision of at least two tiles, so that the Trainer can walk up to you; if the Trainer does not walk, your game will freeze).
-Defeat the trainer and make sure the last Pokemon (add accent on e) you defeated had the desired Special stat.
-Return to the long-ranged Trainer.
-The start menu will pop up. Press B and exit it.
-Catch the Level 1 Surprise Pokemon (add accent on e).
-Make sure the Level 1 Pokemon is in the front of your party and that you have five other Pokemon (add accent on e's).
-Encounter a Pokemon (add accent on e) that is Level 9 or lower.
-Switch five times to different Pokemon (add accent on e). (This will make sure that you get less than 54 experience points.)

If done correctly, the Surprise Pokemon (add accent on e) will grow from Level 1 to 100 which is exceedingly helpful for those who don't want to use the Missingno. Glitch and don't have a Game Shark. It also makes it easier to Stat Exp. (period) train your Pokemon (add accent on e) using the Box Trick.

Link Cable Glitch
Using this glitch will also allow one player to encounter Surprise Pokemon (add accent on e). For simplicity's sake, the two players involved in preforming the glitch will be called A and B. It should also be noted that Player B must have a Pokemon (add accent on e) that knows Dig in their party; Teleport and Escape Ropes are not usable substitutes.

Method:
-A trains a Pokemon (add accent) until its Special is the number needed to generate the desired Pokemon (add accent).
-A deposits all of his Pokemon (add accent) to the PC until he/she's left only with the Pokemon (add accent) that has calibrated Special stat.
-B triggers a long-ranged Trainer event and beats another Trainer. If the latter is not (space) possible, follow these steps:
3a. Go to the PC.
3b. Change the Pokemon (add accent) Box.
3c. Reset.
3d. Reload and beat the Pokemon (add accent) League.
-B enters the Safari Zone.
-B exits the Safari Zone, but when asked, "Leaving early?", replies "No."
-Once B is back in the Safari Zone, B saves his/her game without moving.
-B resets and loads his/her game.
-B exits the Safari Zone (this time, B won't be asked, "Leaving early?").
-A and B link up and battle at the Colosseum.
-B defeats A.
-After the battle, B starts walking around inside the Colosseum. A resets and loads his/her game (after B takes 500 steps, the PA will ring; B will be transported back to the Safari House).
-B enters the Safari Zone again (once inside, B does not (space) go into any fields).
-B uses Dig to return to the last Pokecenter Pokemon Center visited.
-B walks back to the long-ranged Trainer that he's triggered.
-B's start menu will pop up.
-B will close the Start menu and a Surprise Pokemon will appear. It will be the desired Pokemon.
-B catches it.
-B goes to the nearest PC and changes the Pokemon Box.
-B loads his/her game. B's Save option will be back on the Start menu and the Reset option will be gone.

0 = 'M
1 = Rhydon
2 = Kangaskhan
3 = Nidoran (M)
4 = Clefairy
5 = Spearow
6 = Voltorb
7 = Nidoking
8 = Slowbro
9 = Ivysaur
10 = Exeggutor
11 = Lickitung
12 = Exeggute
13 = Grimer
14 = Gengar
15 = Nidoran (F)
16 = Nidoqueen
17 = Cubone
18 = Rhyhorn
19 = Lapras
20 = Arcanine
21 = Mew
22 = Gyarados
23 = Shellder
24 = Tentacool
25 = Gastly
26 = Scyther
27 = Staryu
28 = Blastoise
29 = Pinsir
30 = Tangela
31 = Missingno.
32 = Missingno.
33 = Growlithe
34 = Onix
35 = Fearow
36 = Pidgey
37 = Slowpoke
38 = Kadabra
39 = Graveler
40 = Chansey
41 = Machoke
42 = Mr. Mime
43 = Hitmonlee
44 = Hitmonchan
45 = Arbok
46 = Parasect
47 = Psyduck
48 = Drowzee
49 = Golem
50 = Missingno.
51 = Magmar
52 = Missingno.
53 = Electabuzz
54 = Magneton
55 = Koffing
56 = Missingno.
57 = Mankey
58 = Seel
59 = Diglett
60 = Tauros
61 = Missingno.
62 = Missingno.
63 = Missingno.
64 = Farfetch'd
65 = Venonat
66 = Dragonite
67 = Missingno.
68 = Missingno.
69 = Missingno.
70 = Doduo
71 = Poliwag
72 = Jyxn Jynx
73 = Moltres
74 = Articuno
75 = Zapdos
76 = Ditto
77 = Meowth
78 = Krabby
79 = Missingno.
80 = Missingno.
81 = Missingno.
82 = Vulpix
83 = Ninetales
84 = Pikachu
85 = Raichu
86 = Missingno.
87 = Missingno.
88 = Dratini
89 = Dragonair
90 = Kabuto
91 = Kabutops
92 = Horsea
93 = Seadra
94 = Missingno.
95 = Missingno.
96 = Sandshrew
97 = Sandslash
98 = Omanyte
99 = Omastar
100 = Jigglypuff
101 = Wigglytuff
102 = Eevee
103 = Flareon
104 = Jolteon
105 = Vaporeon
106 = Machop
107 = Zubat
108 = Ekans
109 = Paras
110 = Poliwhirl
111 = Poliwrath
112 = Weedle
113 = Kakuna
114 = Beedrill
115 = Missingno.
116 = Dodrio
117 = Primeape
118 = Dugtrio
119 = Venomoth
120 = Dewgong
121 = Missingno.
122 = Missingno.
123 = Caterpie
124 = Metapod
125 = Butterfree
126 = Machamp
127 = Missingno.
128 = Golduck
129 = Hypno
130 = Golbat
131 = Mewtwo
132 = Snorlax
133 = Magikarp
134 = Missingno.
135 = Missingno.
136 = Muk
137 = Missingno.
138 = Kingler
139 = Cloyster
140 = Missingno.
141 = Electrode
142 = Clefable
143 = Weezing
144 = Persian
145 = Marowak
146 = Missingno.
147 = Haunter
148 = Abra
149 = Alakazam
150 = Pidgeotto
151 = Pidgeot
152 = Starmie
153 = Bulbasaur
154 = Venusaur
155 = Tentacruel
156 = Missingno.
157 = Goldeen
158 = Seaking
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beyond this point, you will need to use the Ditto Glitch or the Missingno. Glitch to get a "Surprise Pokemon."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
159 = Missingno.
160 = Missingno.
161 = Missingno.
162 = Missingno.
163 = Ponyta
164 = Rapidash
165 = Rattata
166 = Raticate
167 = Nidorino
168 = Nidorina
169 = Geodude
170 = Porygon
171 = Aerodactyl
172 = Missingno.
173 = Magnemite
174 = Missingno.
175 = Missingno.
176 = Charmander
177 = Squirtle
178 = Charmeleon
179 = Wartortle
180 = Charizard
181 = Missingno.
182 = Missingno.
183 = Missingno.
184 = Missingno.
185 = Oddish
186 = Gloom
187 = Vileplume
188 = Bellsprout
189 = Weepinbell
190 = Victreebell
Beyond this point, there are no more real Pokemon.
191 = Glitch #250 (Ho-Oh?)
192 = Glitch #61 (Poliwhirl?)
193 = Glitch #234 (Stantler?) (Type 1 = Pokemaniac)
194 = Glitch #94 (If you don't have Gastly, game halts after capture.)
195 = Halts Game
196 = Halts Game
197 = Glitch #250 (Ho-Oh?)
198 = Glitch #62 (Poliwrath?)
199 = Halts Game
200 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
201 = Youngster
202 = Bug Catcher
203 = Lass
204 = Sailor
205 = Male Jr. Trainer
206 = Female Jr. Trainer
207 = Pokemaniac
208 = Super Nerd
209 = Hiker
210 = Biker
211 = Burglar
212 = Engineer
213 = Juggler
214 = Fisherman
215 = Swimmer
216 = Cue Ball
217 = Gambler
218 = Beauty
219 = Psychic
220 = Rocker
221 = Juggler
222 = Tamer
223 = Bird Keeper
224 = Blackbelt
225 = Rival (From Pokemon League)
226 = Professor Oak
227 = Chief (Chef?)
228 = Scientist
229 = Giovanni
230 = Rocket
231 = Male Cooltrainer
232 = Female Cooltrainer
233 = Bruno
234 = Brock
235 = Misty
236 = Lt. Surge
237 = Erika
238 = Koga
239 = Blaine
240 = Sabrina
241 = Gentlemen
242 = Rival
243 = Rival
244 = Lorelei
245 = Channeler
246 = Agatha
247 = Lance
248 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
249 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
250 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
251 = Halts Game
252 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
253 = Nameless Trainer (Can be beaten, but messes up graphics after battle)
254 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
255 = Halts Game

If a Pokemon's Special goes over 255, the list repeats itself. A Pokemon with a Special of 256 will generate the same thing as a Pokemon with a Special of 0.

Yellow-Only Tips and Tricks

Easier Rival
To make your rival's team weaker when he is the champion, simply lose the rival battles in Oak's Lab and either lose or skip the battle on Route 22. Losing will cause his Eevee to evolve into a Vaporeon, the single Eeveelution weak to Pikachu's Electric-type attacks.

Side Note: Winning one of the two battles will cause his Eevee to evolve into a Flareon, and winning both will cause it to evolve into a Jolteon.

There were inconsistencies with putting or not putting the accent on the e, and using the accent was used first and the most, so I made a note or colored the word green if it needs an accent.

Outside of that, there's not much to change.

GP 1/2

Additions
Deletions / Corrections
Comments

Cloning Pokémon
Pokémon can be cloned in Gen I by abusing the trading mechanic. All that is needed is two Gen I games with a Pokémon to be cloned one on cartridge and a Pokémon that can be deleted on the other cartridge. Both games must also have progressed to the point that trading is possible.

To start the process, begin trading the two Pokémon. When the screen reads "Waiting...", shut off the game that had the Pokémon to be cloned on it. After restarting both games, the cloned Pokémon will be present on both cartridges while the other Pokémon is deleted.

It shoud be noted that Pokémon can also be cloned by switching boxes in Bill's PC, although this method tends to result in corrupted game data and loss of saved games. The steps to this glitch can be found in the Generation II Tips and Tricks compilation.

Walk Through Walls
Using the Walk Through Walls glitch allows the player to bypass many of the storyline elements that keep certain areas unreachable. Collecting hidden items, skipping dungeon puzzles, and encountering Mewtwo early are all made easier via this glitch.

Method:
-Get one of your Pokemon poisoned.
-Once one Pokemon is poisoned, Fly to Fuschia City.
-Deposit all of your Pokemon except the one that got poisoned.
-Enter the Safari Zone.
-Exit the Safari Zone. When asked, "Leaving early?" reply "NO."
-Save your game and reset.
-Exit the Safari Zone again. You will be asked to enter the Safari Zone for $500. Reply "NO."
-Walk for 499 steps. On your 500th step jump off of a ledge. You will be teleported to the Safari Zone lobby. You now have the ability to walk through walls.

The glitch will no longer work if you...
-Battle a trainer.
-Fly or Teleport to any location.
-Go inside a building.
-Go outside too far and have the game crash (these crashes will not damage your game).
-Save your game and turn it off.

The glitch is unaffected by...
-Capturing or battling wild Pokemon.
-Talking to NPCs, including the old man for the Missingno. Glitch.
-Using the PC. (full stop)

The Mew Glitch
Forcing this glitch allows the player to obtain a Level 7 Mew. It is a variant of another glitch, commonly known as the Ditto Glitch. However, for this glitch to happen, the player must not have battled two trainers from the list below (known as long-distance Trainers) and have a Pokémon who knows Fly in your party.

Method
-Approach a long-distance Trainer so that you are one tile out of their line of vision.
-Take the one step needed to enter their view, but press the Start button before they have the chance to engage you in battle.
-Use Fly and go to another long-distance Trainer.
-Cross this Trainer's view as far away from them as you can get (crossing their path any closer can cause the game to freeze).
-After defeating the second long-distance trainer, Fly close to the first Trainer and start walking near them.
-When the start menu comes up, press B. Once the menu closes, you will engage in a battle against a Level 7 Mew.

Long-Distance Trainers
Route 8: (bring it to next line)
-Gambler closest to the entry of the underground tunnel.
Route 9:
-Male Jr. Trainer saying, "I'm taking the ROCK TUNNEL to go to LAVENDER..."
Route 11:
-Youngster located in the upper-right corner of the route.
-Youngster farthest south.
Route 12:
-Second Fisherman you meet as you walk south of Lavender Town.
Route 17:
-Second farthest north Biker.
Route 19:
-Swimmer looking upwards from a cluster of four trainers.
-Beauty looking right from a cluster of four trainers.
-Swimmer saying, "I tried diving for POKEMON, but it was a no go!"
-Swimmer saying, "What's beyond the horizon?"
Route 20:
-Swimmer in upper-right hand corner of the route.
-Beauty saying, "My boyfriend gave me big pearls!"
-Beauty saying, "CINNABAR, in the west, has a LAB for POKEMON."
Route 21:
-Swimmer south of bridge with 2 Fishermen. (1)
-Swimmer south of bridge with 2 Fishermen. (2)
Route 24:
-Male Jr. Trainer left of the Nugget Bridge.
Fourth Floor of Silph Co.:
-Rocket that is on the right side of the table.
-Rocket that is the farthest left and down on the floor.
Eighth Floor of Silph Co.:
-Rocket that is farthest south of all.
-Rocket that is located in the lower right-hand corner of the floor.
Ninth Floor of Silph Co.:
-Rocket located farthest south. (In the middle corridor)
Brock's Gym (Unusable):
-Only trainer in Brock's Gym.
Viridian Forest (Yellow ONLY)
-Next to last Bug Catcher. (Must use Escape Rope to leave)
(remove extra spaces)
Ditto Glitch
This variation of the Ditto Glitch can be used to receive an unlimited number of any species of Pokémon. In order for this glitch to have maximum effectiveness, the player must have a basic understanding of the hexidecimal and decimal systems used to identify Pokémon. This glitch will cause temporary loss of the start menu, but it will be restored after resetting the game.

Procedure:
-Train a Pokémon so that its Special stat is the same as the decimal number of the Pokémon you want to receive, and keep it in your party for the remainder of the glitch.
-Approach a long-distance Trainer, walking into their view and Flying away before they are able to battle you.
-Fly to any PokéCenter and save your game by switching boxes in Bill's PC (since the start menu is now gone).
-Reset the game, beat the Elite Four, then defeat the Champion.
-After defeating him, get in a battle with a wild Ditto and let it transform into the Pokémon with the calibrated Special stat.
-Run from the transformed Ditto and Fly back to the long-distance Trainer.
-Press B to exit the start menu when it appears. Once you press B you will be engaged in a battle with a Pokémon whose decimal identifier is the same as the calibrate Special stat.

Other, non-infinite versions of this glitch can be found on other sites, including Glitch City Laboratories.

Old Man (Missingno.) Glitch
This glitch can be used to obtain multiple glitch Pokémon, including Missingno. and Pokémon over Level 100. Missingno. can then be used to obtain 128 copies of the sixth item in your Bag at a time. However, it also results in some cosmetic or data changes to the game, some of which have the potential to make the entire game cartridge useless. These changes occur in the Hall of Fame portion of the PC; instead of your Pokémon's sprites showing up, glitched graphics will be displayed.

Prerequisites:
-Game data that has progressed at least up to Cinnabar Island
-A Pokémon that knows the move Fly
-A Pokémon that knows the move Surf

Method
-Go to Viridian City and talk to the old man who shows you how to catch Pokémon.
-Immediately after he completes his demonstration, Fly to Cinnabar Island.
-Go east until you reach the shore.
-Surf up and down the coast, staying as close to the shore as possible.

Surfing in this location will cause many non-oceanic Pokémon to appear—-including those over Level 100—-(add hyphens) and glitch Pokémon like Missingno. or 'M to appear. Encountering either of these glitch Pokémon will give you 128 more copies of whatever your sixth item is. The other Pokémon you encounter are generated based on the third, fifth, and seventh letters of your character's name. Below is a list of which letters generate which Pokémon:

Missingno. Pokémon Generators (next line)
A: Golduck
B: Hypno
C: Golbat
D: Mewtwo
E: Snorlax
F: Magikarp
G: Missingno.
H: Missingno.
I: Muk
J: Missingno.
K: Kingler
L: Cloyster
M: Missingno.
N: Electrode
O: Clefable
P: Weezing
Q: Persian
R: Marowak
S: Missingno.
T: Haunter
U: Abra
V: Alakazam
W: Pidgeotto
X: Pidgeot
Y: Starmie
Z: Bulbasaur
( - Venusaur
) - Tentacruel
: - Missingno.
; - Goldeen
[ - Seaking
]: Missingno.
a: Missingno.
b: Missingno.
c: Missingno.
d: Ponyta
e: Rapidash
f: Rattata
g: Raticate
h: Nidorino
i: Nidorina
j: Geodude
k: Porygon
l: Aerodactyl
m: Missingno.
n: Magnemite
o: Missingno.
p: Missingno.
q: Charmander
r: Squirtle
s: Charmeleon
t: Wartortle
u: Charizard
v: Missingno.
w: Missingno.
x: Missingno.
y: Missingno.
z: Oddish

Evolving Pokemon without Evolutionary Stones
Prerequisites:
-A Pokémon that evolves by Evolution Stone, such as Clefairy, Staryu, or Pikachu, as the first Pokemon in your party.
-One of the following Pokemon, each one of which corresponds to an evolution stone, in your party.
--Exeggutor - Moon Stone
--HEX 20 Missingno. - Fire Stone
--Psyduck - Leaf Stone
--Growlithe - Thunderstone
--Onix - Water Stone

Method:
-Get into a trainer or wild Pokémon battle with a trainer or a wild Pokemon (the former is the superior choice in most cases).
-Have the first Pokémon in your party—-the one you're trying to evolve—-gain a level.
-Switch out the Pokémon you're trying to evolve and put the Pokémon that corresponds to the necessary Evolution Stone.
-Have that Pokémon finish the trainer battle

Catching Safari Zone Pokémon
This glitch can be used to make encountering and catching hard-to-find Safari Zone Pokémon, like Chansey and Kangaskhan, easier. It can also be used to encounter any Pokemon from any Route simply by changing your location from the Safari Zone to the desired location. However, this glitch cannot be performed on the Yellow version.

Prerequisites:
-Access to Fuscia City and Cinnibar Island
-A Pokémon with Fly
-A Pokémon with Surf

Method:
-Enter the Safari Zone.
-Either Retire or run around and use up all your time.
-Upon exiting, Fly to Cinnibar Island.
-Go to the coast that is next to the gym facing the Seafoam Islands.
-Surf up and down. You will run into Pokémon normally obtainable only in the Safari Zone and will be able to weaken and catch them without them running away.

Level 1 to 100 Glitch
Using this glitch will allow you to increase the level of a given Surprise Pokémon (one encountered using the Ditto or Mew Glitches) from Level 1 to Level 100 by manipulating how the game handles leveling up. Note that this can only be performed on three-stage Pokémon (ex. Bulbasaur line, Charmander line, ect.) and Mew.

Method:
-Stand close enough to a long-ranged Trainer so that if you take one step towards them, they will challenge you.
-Hit start before the Trainer can walk up to you.
-Use Fly, Dig, Teleport, or an Escape Rope to transfer you to a Pokémon Center.
-Have a Pokémon that knows Growl.
-Growl at the desired Pokémon six times. This will make the Surprise Pokemon Level 1 (make sure this trainer has a vision of at least two tiles, so the Trainer can walk up to you; if that the Trainer does not walk, your game will freeze).
-Defeat the trainer and make sure the last Pokemon you defeated had the desired Special stat.
-Return to the long-ranged Trainer.
-The start menu will pop up. Press B and exit it.
-Catch the Level 1 Surprise Pokémon.
-Make sure the Level 1 Pokémon is in the front of your party and that you have five other Pokémon.
-Encounter a Pokémon that is Level 9 or lower.
-Switch five times to different Pokémon. (This will make sure that you get less than 54 experience points.)

If done correctly, the Surprise Pokémon will grow from Level 1 to 100, which is exceedingly helpful for those who don't want to use the Missingo. Glitch and don't have a Game Shark. It also makes it easier to Stat Exp. train your Pokémon using the Box Trick.

Link Cable Glitch
Using this glitch will also allow one player to encounter Surprise Pokémon. For simplicity's sake, the two players involved in preforming the glitch will be called A and B. It should also be noted that Player B must have a Pokémon that knows Dig in their party; Teleport and Escape Ropes are not usable substitutes.

Method:
-A trains a Pokémon until its Special is the number needed to generate the desired Pokémon.
-A deposits all of his Pokémon to the PC until he / she is left only with the Pokémon that has a calibrated Special stat.
-B triggers a long-ranged Trainer event and beats another Trainer. If the latter is not possible, follow these steps:
3a. Go to the PC.
3b. Change the Pokémon Box.
3c. Reset.
3d. Reload and beat the Pokémon League.
-B enters the Safari Zone.
-B exits the Safari Zone, but when asked, "Leaving early?", replies "No."
-Once B is back in the Safari Zone, B saves his / her game without moving.
-B resets and loads his / her game.
-B exits the Safari Zone (this time, B won't be asked, "Leaving early?").
-A and B link up and battle at the Colosseum.
-B defeats A.
-After the battle, B starts walking around inside the Colosseum. A resets and loads his / her game (after B takes 500 steps, the PA will ring; B will be transported back to the Safari House).
-B enters the Safari Zone again (once inside, B does not go into any fields).
-B uses Dig to return to the last Pokémon Center visited.
-B walks back to the long-ranged Trainer that he's triggered.
-B's start menu will pop up.
-B will close the Start menu and a Surprise Pokémon will appear. It will be the desired Pokémon.
-B catches it.
-B goes to the nearest PC and changes the Pokémon Box.
-B loads his / her game. B's Save option will be back on the Start menu and the Reset option will be gone.

0 = 'M
1 = Rhydon
2 = Kangaskhan
3 = Nidoran (M)
4 = Clefairy
5 = Spearow
6 = Voltorb
7 = Nidoking
8 = Slowbro
9 = Ivysaur
10 = Exeggutor
11 = Lickitung
12 = Exeggcute
13 = Grimer
14 = Gengar
15 = Nidoran (F)
16 = Nidoqueen
17 = Cubone
18 = Rhyhorn
19 = Lapras
20 = Arcanine
21 = Mew
22 = Gyarados
23 = Shellder
24 = Tentacool
25 = Gastly
26 = Scyther
27 = Staryu
28 = Blastoise
29 = Pinsir
30 = Tangela
31 = Missingno.
32 = Missingno.
33 = Growlithe
34 = Onix
35 = Fearow
36 = Pidgey
37 = Slowpoke
38 = Kadabra
39 = Graveler
40 = Chansey
41 = Machoke
42 = Mr. Mime
43 = Hitmonlee
44 = Hitmonchan
45 = Arbok
46 = Parasect
47 = Psyduck
48 = Drowzee
49 = Golem
50 = Missingno.
51 = Magmar
52 = Missingno.
53 = Electabuzz
54 = Magneton
55 = Koffing
56 = Missingno.
57 = Mankey
58 = Seel
59 = Diglett
60 = Tauros
61 = Missingno.
62 = Missingno.
63 = Missingno.
64 = Farfetch'd
65 = Venonat
66 = Dragonite
67 = Missingno.
68 = Missingno.
69 = Missingno.
70 = Doduo
71 = Poliwag
72 = Jynx
73 = Moltres
74 = Articuno
75 = Zapdos
76 = Ditto
77 = Meowth
78 = Krabby
79 = Missingno.
80 = Missingno.
81 = Missingno.
82 = Vulpix
83 = Ninetales
84 = Pikachu
85 = Raichu
86 = Missingno.
87 = Missingno.
88 = Dratini
89 = Dragonair
90 = Kabuto
91 = Kabutops
92 = Horsea
93 = Seadra
94 = Missingno.
95 = Missingno.
96 = Sandshrew
97 = Sandslash
98 = Omanyte
99 = Omastar
100 = Jigglypuff
101 = Wigglytuff
102 = Eevee
103 = Flareon
104 = Jolteon
105 = Vaporeon
106 = Machop
107 = Zubat
108 = Ekans
109 = Paras
110 = Poliwhirl
111 = Poliwrath
112 = Weedle
113 = Kakuna
114 = Beedrill
115 = Missingno.
116 = Dodrio
117 = Primeape
118 = Dugtrio
119 = Venomoth
120 = Dewgong
121 = Missingno.
122 = Missingno.
123 = Caterpie
124 = Metapod
125 = Butterfree
126 = Machamp
127 = Missingno.
128 = Golduck
129 = Hypno
130 = Golbat
131 = Mewtwo
132 = Snorlax
133 = Magikarp
134 = Missingno.
135 = Missingno.
136 = Muk
137 = Missingno.
138 = Kingler
139 = Cloyster
140 = Missingno.
141 = Electrode
142 = Clefable
143 = Weezing
144 = Persian
145 = Marowak
146 = Missingno.
147 = Haunter
148 = Abra
149 = Alakazam
150 = Pidgeotto
151 = Pidgeot
152 = Starmie
153 = Bulbasaur
154 = Venusaur
155 = Tentacruel
156 = Missingno.
157 = Goldeen
158 = Seaking
Beyond this point, you will need to use the Ditto Glitch or the Missingno. Glitch to get a "Surprise Pokémon."
159 = Missingno.
160 = Missingno.
161 = Missingno.
162 = Missingno.
163 = Ponyta
164 = Rapidash
165 = Rattata
166 = Raticate
167 = Nidorino
168 = Nidorina
169 = Geodude
170 = Porygon
171 = Aerodactyl
172 = Missingno.
173 = Magnemite
174 = Missingno.
175 = Missingno.
176 = Charmander
177 = Squirtle
178 = Charmeleon
179 = Wartortle
180 = Charizard
181 = Missingno.
182 = Missingno.
183 = Missingno.
184 = Missingno.
185 = Oddish
186 = Gloom
187 = Vileplume
188 = Bellsprout
189 = Weepinbell
190 = Victreebel
Beyond this point, there are no more real Pokémon.
191 = Glitch #250 (Ho-Oh?)
192 = Glitch #61 (Poliwhirl?)
193 = Glitch #234 (Stantler?) (Type 1 = Pokémaniac)
194 = Glitch #94 (If you don't have Gastly, game halts after capture.)
195 = Halts Game
196 = Halts Game
197 = Glitch #250 (Ho-Oh?)
198 = Glitch #62 (Poliwrath?)
199 = Halts Game
200 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
201 = Youngster
202 = Bug Catcher
203 = Lass
204 = Sailor
205 = Male Jr. Trainer
206 = Female Jr. Trainer
207 = Pokemaniac
208 = Super Nerd
209 = Hiker
210 = Biker
211 = Burglar
212 = Engineer
213 = Juggler
214 = Fisherman
215 = Swimmer
216 = Cue Ball
217 = Gambler
218 = Beauty
219 = Psychic
220 = Rocker
221 = Juggler
222 = Tamer
223 = Bird Keeper
224 = Blackbelt
225 = Rival (From Pokemon League)
226 = Professor Oak
227 = Chief
228 = Scientist
229 = Giovanni
230 = Rocket
231 = Male Cooltrainer
232 = Female Cooltrainer
233 = Bruno
234 = Brock
235 = Misty
236 = Lt. Surge
237 = Erika
238 = Koga
239 = Blaine
240 = Sabrina
241 = Gentleman
242 = Rival
243 = Rival
244 = Lorelei
245 = Channeler
246 = Agatha
247 = Lance
248 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
249 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
250 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
251 = Halts Game
252 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
253 = Nameless Trainer (Can be beaten, but messes up graphics after battle)
254 = Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)
255 = Halts Game

If a Pokémon's Special goes over 255, the list repeats itself. A Pokémon with a Special of 256 will generate the same thing as a Pokémon with a Special of 0.

Yellow-Only Tips and Tricks

Easier Rival
To make your rival's team weaker when he is the champion, simply lose the rival battles in Oak's Lab and either lose or skip the battle on Route 22. Losing will cause his Eevee to evolve into a Vaporeon, the single Eeveelution weak to Pikachu's Electric-type attacks.

Side Note: Winning one of the two battles will cause his Eevee to evolve into a Flareon, and winning both will cause it to evolve into a Jolteon.

GP 2 / 2

Note: My comments in bold are underlined; since you make use of bold formatting in the article. This is to avoid confusion.

Simple, Aeron. Just add "(Done)" or "(GP 2 / 2)" to the title.
Regarding <p> tags, I don't think they are necessary. If a third person could clarify Aeron's doubt, this article can be treated as Done.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Yeah this is done and doesn't need the <p> tags, the HTMLer will do that.

Aeron, you just have to post in the HTML queue under Projects stating that this is ready (and link to it too).

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
HTML:
[title]
RBY Tips and Tricks
[head]
<meta name="description" content="Various Tips and Trick for the actual games of Red, Blue, and Yellow, courtesy of Aeron Ee1" />
[page]
<div class="author">By <a href="/forums/member.php?u=42173">Aeron Ee1</a>.</div>

<ol class="toc">
<li><a href="#cloning">Cloning Pokemon</a></li>
<li><a href="#walk">Walk Through Walls</a>
<li><a href="#mew">The Mew Glitch</a>
<ul>
<li><a href="#long">Long-Distance Trainers</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a href="#ditto">Ditto Glitch</a></li>
<li><a href="#old">Old Man (Missingno.) Glitch</a>
<ul>
<li><a href="#missingno">Missingno. Pokemon Generators</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a href="#evolving">Evolving Pokemon without Evolutionary Stones</a></li>
<li><a href="#safari">Catching Safari Zone Pokemon</a></li>
<li><a href="#level">Leveling 1 to 100 Glitch</a></li>
<li><a href="#link">Link Cable Glitch</a>
<ul>
<li><a href="#decimal">Pokemon Decimal Listing</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a href="#yellow">Yellow-Only Tips and Tricks</a>
<ul>
<li><a href="#rival">Easier Rival</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ol>

<h2><a name="cloning">Cloning Pokémon</a></h2>

<p>Pokémon can be cloned in Gen I by abusing the trading mechanic. All that is needed is two Gen I games with a Pokémon to be cloned on on cartridge and a Pokémon that can be deleted on the other cartridge. Both games must also have progressed to the point that trading is possible.</p>

<p>To start the process, begin trading the two Pokémon. When the screen reads "Waiting...", shut off the game that had the Pokémon to be cloned on it. After restarting both games, the cloned Pokémon will be present on both cartridges while the other Pokémon is deleted.</p>

<p>It shoud be noted that Pokémon can also be cloned by switching boxes in Bill's PC, although this method tends to result in corrupted game data and loss of saved games. The steps to this glitch can be found in the Generation II Tips and Tricks compilation.</p>

<h2><a name="walk">Walk Through Walls</a></h2>

<p>Using the Walk Through Walls glitch allows the player to bypass many of the storyline elements that keep certain areas unreachable. Collecting hidden items, skipping dungeon puzzles, and encountering Mewtwo early are all made easier via this glitch.</p>

<p><strong>Method:</strong></p>
<ol>
<li>Get one of your Pokemon poisoned.</li>
<li>Once one Pokemon is poisoned, Fly to Fuschia City.</li>
<li>Deposit all of your Pokemon <strong>except</strong> the one that got poisoned.</li>
<li>Enter the Safari Zone.</li>
<li>Exit the Safari Zone. When asked, "Leaving early?" reply "NO."</li>
<li>Save your game and reset.</li>
<li>Exit the Safari Zone again. You will be asked to enter the Safari Zone for $500. Reply "NO."</li>
<li>Walk for 499 steps. On your 500th step jump off of a ledge. You will be teleported to the Safari Zone lobby. You now have the ability to walk through walls.</li>
</ol>

<p>The glitch will no longer work if you:</p>
<ul>
<li>Battle a trainer.</li>
<li>Fly or Teleport to any location.</li>
<li>Go inside a building.</li>
<li>Go outside too far and have the game crash (these crashes will not damage your game).</li>
<li>Save your game and turn it off.</li>
</ul>

<p>The glitch is unaffected by:</p>
<ul>
<li>Capturing or battling wild Pokemon.</li>
<li>Talking to NPCs, including the old man for the Missingno. Glitch.</li>
<li>Using the PC.</li>
</ul> 

<h2><a name="mew">The Mew Glitch</a></h2>

<p>Forcing this glitch allows the player to obtain a Level 7 Mew. It is a variant of another glitch, commonly known as the Ditto Glitch. However, for this glitch to happen, the player must not have battled two trainers from the list below (known as long-distance Trainers) and have a Pokémon who knows Fly in your party.</p>

<ol>
<li>Approach a long-distance Trainer so that you are one tile out of their line of vision.</li>
<li>Take the one step needed to enter their view, but press the start button before they have the chance to engage you in battle.</li>
<li>Use Fly and go to another long-distance Trainer.</li>
<li>Cross this Trainer's view as far away from them as you can get (crossing their path any closer can cause the game to freeze).</li>
<li>After defeating the second long-distance trainer, Fly close to the first Trainer and start walking near them.</li>
<li>When the start menu comes up, press B. Once the menu closes, you will engage in a battle against a Level 7 Mew.</li>
</ol>

<h3><a name="long">Long-Distance Trainers</a></h3>
<dl>
<dt>Route 8:</dt>
<dd>Gambler closest to the entry of the underground tunnel.</dd>
<dt>Route 9:</dt>
<dd>Male Jr. Trainer saying, "I'm taking the ROCK TUNNEL to go to LAVENDER..."</dd>
<dt>Route 11:</dt>
<dd>Youngster located in the upper-right corner of the route.</dd>
<dd>Youngster farthest south.</dd>
<dt>Route 12:</dt>
<dd>Second Fisherman you meet as you walk south of Lavender Town. </dd>
<dt>Route 17:</dt>
<dd>Second farthest north Biker.</dd>
<dt>Route 19:</dt>
<dd>Swimmer looking upwards from a cluster of four trainers.</dd>
<dd>Beauty looking right from a cluster of four trainers.</dd>
<dd>Swimmer saying, "I tried diving for POKEMON, but it was a no go!"</dd>
<dd>Swimmer saying, "What's beyond the horizon?"</dd>
<dt>Route 20:</dt>
<dd>Swimmer in upper-right hand corner of the route.</dd>
<dd>Beauty saying, "My boyfriend gave me big pearls!"</dd>
<dd>Beauty saying, "CINNABAR, in the west, has a LAB for POKEMON."</dd>
<dt>Route 21:</dt>
<dd>Swimmer south of bridge with 2 Fishermen. (1)</dd>
<dd>Swimmer south of bridge with 2 Fishermen. (2)</dd>
<dt>Route 24:</dt>
<dd>Male Jr. Trainer left of the Nugget Bridge.</dd> 
<dt>Fourth Floor of Silph Co.:</dt>
<dd>Rocket that is on the right side of the table.</dd>
<dd>Rocket that is the farthest left and down on the floor.</dd> 
<dt>Eighth Floor of Silph Co.:</dt>
<dd>Rocket that is farthest south of all.</dd>
<dd>Rocket that is located in the lower right-hand corner of the floor.</dd>
<dt>Ninth Floor of Silph Co.:</dt>
<dd>Rocket located farthest south. (In the middle corridor)</dd> 
<dt>Brock's Gym (Unusable):</dt>
<dd>Only trainer in Brock's Gym.</dd> 
<dt>Viridian Forest (Yellow ONLY)</dt>
<dd>Next to last Bug Catcher. (Must use Escape Rope to leave)</dd>
</dl>

<h2><a name="ditto">Ditto Glitch</a></h2>

<p>This variation of the Ditto Glitch can be used to receive an unlimited number of any species of Pokémon. In order for this glitch to have maximum effectiveness, the player must have a basic understanding of the hexidecimal and decimal systems used to identify Pokémon. This glitch will cause temporary loss of the start menu, but it will be restored after resetting the game.</p>

<p><strong>Procedure:</strong></p>

<ol>
<li>Train a Pokémon so that its Special stat is the same as the decimal number of the Pokémon you want to receive, and keep it in your party for the remainder of the glitch.</li>
<li>Approach a long-distance Trainer, walk into their view, and Fly away before they are able to battle you.</li>
<li>Fly to any PokéCenter and save your game by switching boxes in Bill's PC (since the start menu is now gone).</li>
<li>Reset the game, beat the Elite Four, then defeat the Champion.</li>
<li>After defeating him, get in a battle with a wild Ditto and let it transform into the Pokémon with the calibrated Special stat.</li>
<li>Run from the transformed Ditto and Fly back to the long-distance Trainer.</li>
<li>Press B to exit the start menu when it appears. Once you press B you will be engaged in a battle with a Pokémon whose decimal identifier is the same as the calibrate Special stat.</li>
</ol>

<p>Other, non-infinite versions of this glitch can be found on other sites, including Glitch City Laboratories.</p>

<h2><a name="old">Old Man (Missingno.) Glitch</a></h2>

<p>This glitch can be used to obtain multiple glitch Pokémon, including Missingno. and Pokémon over Level 100. Missingno. can then be used to obtain 128 copies of the sixth item in your Bag at a time. However, it also results in some cosmetic or data changes to the game, some of which have the potential to make the entire game cartridge useless. These changes occur in the Hall of Fame portion of the PC; instead of your Pokémon's sprites showing up, glitched graphics will be displayed.</p>

<p><strong>Prerequisites:</strong></p>

<ul>
<li>Game data that has progressed at least up to Cinnabar Island</li>
<li>A Pokémon that knows the move Fly</li>
<li>A Pokémon that knows the move Surf</li>
</ul>

<p><strong>Method</strong></p>
<ol>
<li>Go to Viridian City and talk to the old man who shows you how to catch Pokémon.</li>
<li>Immediately after he completes his demonstration, Fly to Cinnabar Island.</li>
<li>Go east until you reach the shore.</li>
<li>Surf up and down the coast, staying as close to the shore as possible.</li>
</ol>

<p>Surfing in this location will cause many non-oceanic Pokémon—including those over Level 100—and glitch Pokémon like Missingno. or 'M to appear. Encountering either of these glitch Pokémon will give you 128 more copies of whatever your sixth item is. The other Pokémon you encounter are generated based on the third, fifth, and seventh letters of your character's name. Below is a list of which letters generate which Pokémon:</p>

<h3><a name="missingno">Missingno. Pokémon Generators</a></h3>

<table class="sortable" id="missingno_tbl">
<thead>
<tr>
<th>Symbol</th>
<th>Pokemon</th>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>A</td>
<td>Golduck</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>B</td>
<td>Hypno</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>C</td>
<td>Golbat</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>D</td>
<td>Mewtwo</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>E</td>
<td>Snorlax</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>F</td>
<td>Magikarp</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>G</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>H</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>I</td>
<td>Muk</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>J</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>K</td>
<td>Kingler</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>L</td>
<td>Cloyster</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>M</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>N</td>
<td>Electrode</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>O</td>
<td>Clefable</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>P</td>
<td>Weezing</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Q</td>
<td>Persian</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>R</td>
<td>Marowak</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>S</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>T</td>
<td>Haunter</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>U</td>
<td>Abra</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>V</td>
<td>Alakazam</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>W</td>
<td>Pideotto</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>X</td>
<td>Pidgeot</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Y</td>
<td>Starmie</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Z</td>
<td>Bulbasaur</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>(</td>
<td>Venusaur</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>)</td>
<td>Tentacruel</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>:</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>;</td>
<td>Goldeen</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>[</td>
<td>Seaking</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>]</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>a</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>b</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>c</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>d</td>
<td>Ponyta</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>e</td>
<td>Rapidash</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>f</td>
<td>Rattata</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>g</td>
<td>Raticate</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>h</td>
<td>Nidorino</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>i</td>
<td>Nidorina</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>j</td>
<td>Geodude</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>k</td>
<td>Porygon</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>l</td>
<td>Aerodactyl</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>m</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>n</td>
<td>Magnemite</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>o</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>p</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>q</td>
<td>Charmander</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>r</td>
<td>Squirtle</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>s</td>
<td>Charmeleon</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>t</td>
<td>Wartortle</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>u</td>
<td>Charizard</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>v</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>w</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>x</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>y</td>
<td>Missingno.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>z</td>
<td>Oddish</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

<h2><a name="evolving">Evolving Pokemon without Evolutionary Stones</a></h2>

<ul>
<li>A Pokémon that evolves by Evolution Stone, such as Clefairy, Staryu, or Pikachu, as the first Pokemon in your party.</li>
<li>One of the following Pokemon, each one of which corresponds to an evolution stone, in your party.
<ul>
<li>Exeggutor - Moon Stone</li>
<li>HEX 20 Missingno. - Fire Stone</li>
<li>Psyduck - Leaf Stone</li>
<li>Growlithe - Thunderstone</li>
<li>Onix - Water Stone </li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

<ol>
<li>Get into a battle with a trainer or wild Pokémon (the former is the superior choice in most cases).</li>
<li>Have the first Pokémon in your party—the one you're trying to evolve—gain a level.</li>
<li>Switch out the Pokémon you're trying to evolve and put the Pokémon that corresponds to the necessary Evolution Stone.</li>
<li>Have that Pokémon finish the trainer battle</li>
</ol>

<h2><a name="safari">Catching Safari Zone Pokémon</a></h2>

<p>This glitch can be used to make encountering and catching hard-to-find Safari Zone Pokémon, like Chansey and Kangaskhan, easier. It can also be used to encounter any Pokemon from any Route simply by changing your location from the Safari Zone to the desired location. However, this glitch <strong>cannot</strong> be performed on the Yellow version.</p>

<ul>
<li>Access to Fuscia City and Cinnibar Island</li>
<li>A Pokémon with Fly</li>
<li>A Pokémon with Surf</li>
</ul>

<p><strong>Method</strong></p>
<ol>
<li>Enter the Safari Zone.</li>
<li>Either Retire or run around and use up all your time.</li>
<li>Upon exiting, Fly to Cinnibar Island.</li>
<li>Go to the coast that is next to the gym facing the Seafoam Islands.</li>
<li>Surf up and down. You will run into Pokémon normally obtainable only in the Safari Zone and will be able to weaken and catch them without them running away.</li>
</ol> 

<h2><a name="level">Level 1 to 100 Glitch</a></h2>

<p>Using this glitch will allow you to increase the level of a given Surprise Pokémon (one encountered using the Ditto or Mew Glitches) from Level 1 to Level 100 by manipulating how the game handles leveling up. Note that this can only be performed on three-stage Pokémon (ex. Bulbasaur line, Charmander line, ect.) and Mew.</p>

<ol>
<li>Stand close enough to a long-ranged Trainer so that if you take one step towards them, they will challenge you.</li>
<li>Hit start before the Trainer can walk up to you.</li>
<li>Use Fly, Dig, Teleport, or an Escape Rope to transfer you to a Pokémon Center.</li>
<li>Have a Pokémon that knows Growl.</li>
<li>Growl at the desired Pokémon six times. This will make the Surprise Pokemon Level 1 (make sure this trainer has a vision of <strong>at least</strong> two tiles, so the Trainer can walk up to you; if the Trainer does not walk, your game will freeze).</li>
<li>Defeat the trainer and make sure the last Pokemon you defeated had the desired Special stat.</li>
<li>Return to the long-ranged Trainer.</li>
<li>The start menu will pop up. Press B and exit it.</li>
<li>Catch the Level 1 Surprise Pokémon.</li>
<li>Make sure the Level 1 Pokémon is in the front of your party and that you have five other Pokémon.</li>
<li>Encounter a Pokémon that is Level 9 or lower.</li>
<li>Switch five times to <strong>different</strong> Pokémon. (This will make sure that you get less than 54 experience points.)</li>
</ol>

<p>If done correctly, the Surprise Pokémon will grow from Level 1 to 100, which is exceedingly helpful for those who don't want to use the Missingo. Glitch and don't have a Game Shark. It also makes it easier to Stat Exp. train your Pokémon using the <strong>Box Trick</strong>.</p>

<h2><a name="link">Link Cable Glitch</a></h2>

<p>Using this glitch will also allow one player to encounter Surprise Pokémon. For simplicity's sake, the two players involved in performing the glitch will be called A and B. It should also be noted that Player B must have a Pokémon that knows Dig in their party; Teleport and Escape Ropes are not usable substitutes.</p>

<ol>
<li>A trains a Pokémon until its Special is the number needed to generate the desired Pokémon.</li>
<li>A deposits all of his Pokémon to the PC until he / she is left only with the Pokémon that has calibrated Special stat.</li>
<li>B triggers a long-ranged Trainer event and beats another Trainer. If the latter is not possible, follow these steps:
<ol>
<li>Go to the PC.</li>
<li>Change the Pokémon Box.</li>
<li>Reset.</li>
<li>Reload and beat the Pokémon League.</li>
</ol>
</li>
<li>B enters the Safari Zone.</li>
<li>B exits the Safari Zone, but when asked, "Leaving early?", replies "No."</li>
<li>Once B is back in the Safari Zone, B saves his / her game <strong>without</strong> moving.</li>
<li>B resets and loads his / her game.</li>
<li>B exits the Safari Zone (this time, B won't be asked, "Leaving early?").</li>
<li>A and B link up and battle at the Colosseum.</li>
<li>B defeats A.</li>
<li>After the battle, B starts walking around inside the Colosseum. A resets and loads his / her game (after B takes 500 steps, the PA will ring; B will be transported back to the Safari House).</li>
<li>B enters the Safari Zone again (once inside, B does not go into any fields).</li>
<li>B uses Dig to return to the last Pokémon Center visited.</li>
<li>B walks back to the long-ranged Trainer that he's triggered.</li>
<li>B's start menu will pop up.</li>
<li>B will close the Start menu and a Surprise Pokémon will appear. It will be the desired Pokémon.</li>
<li>B catches it.</li>
<li>B goes to the nearest PC and changes the Pokémon Box.</li>
<li>B loads his / her game. B's Save option will be back on the Start menu and the Reset option will be gone.</li>
</ol>

<h3><a name="decimal">Pokémon Decimal Listing</a></h3>
<ol>
<li>Rhydon</li>
<li>Kangaskhan</li>
<li>Nidoran (M)</li>
<li>Clefairy</li>
<li>Spearow</li>
<li>Voltorb</li>
<li>Nidoking</li>
<li>Slowbro</li>
<li>Ivysaur</li>
<li>Exeggutor</li>
<li>Lickitung</li>
<li>Exeggcute</li>
<li>Grimer</li>
<li>Gengar</li>
<li>Nidoran (F)</li>
<li>Nidoqueen</li>
<li>Cubone</li>
<li>Rhyhorn</li>
<li>Lapras</li>
<li>Arcanine</li>
<li>Mew</li>
<li>Gyarados</li>
<li>Shellder</li>
<li>Tentacool</li>
<li>Gastly</li>
<li>Scyther</li>
<li>Staryu</li>
<li>Blastoise</li>
<li>Pinsir</li>
<li>Tangela</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Growlithe</li>
<li>Onix</li>
<li>Fearow</li>
<li>Pidgey</li>
<li>Slowpoke</li>
<li>Kadabra</li>
<li>Graveler</li>
<li>Chansey</li>
<li>Machoke</li>
<li>Mr. Mime</li>
<li>Hitmonlee</li>
<li>Hitmonchan</li>
<li>Arbok</li>
<li>Parasect</li>
<li>Psyduck</li>
<li>Drowzee</li>
<li>Golem</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Magmar</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Electabuzz</li>
<li>Magneton</li>
<li>Koffing</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Mankey</li>
<li>Seel</li>
<li>Diglett</li>
<li>Tauros</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Farfetch'd</li>
<li>Venonat</li>
<li>Dragonite</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Doduo</li>
<li>Poliwag</li>
<li>Jynx</li>
<li>Moltres</li>
<li>Articuno</li>
<li>Zapdos</li>
<li>Ditto</li>
<li>Meowth</li>
<li>Krabby</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Vulpix</li>
<li>Ninetales</li>
<li>Pikachu</li>
<li>Raichu</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Dratini</li>
<li>Dragonair</li>
<li>Kabuto</li>
<li>Kabutops</li>
<li>Horsea</li>
<li>Seadra</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Sandshrew</li>
<li>Sandslash</li>
<li>Omanyte</li>
<li>Omastar</li>
<li>Jigglypuff</li>
<li>Wigglytuff</li>
<li>Eevee</li>
<li>Flareon</li>
<li>Jolteon</li>
<li>Vaporeon</li>
<li>Machop</li>
<li>Zubat</li>
<li>Ekans</li>
<li>Paras</li>
<li>Poliwhirl</li>
<li>Poliwrath</li>
<li>Weedle</li>
<li>Kakuna</li>
<li>Beedrill</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Dodrio</li>
<li>Primeape</li>
<li>Dugtrio</li>
<li>Venomoth</li>
<li>Dewgong</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Caterpie</li>
<li>Metapod</li>
<li>Butterfree</li>
<li>Machamp</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Golduck</li>
<li>Hypno</li>
<li>Golbat</li>
<li>Mewtwo</li>
<li>Snorlax</li>
<li>Magikarp</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Muk</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Kingler</li>
<li>Cloyster</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Electrode</li>
<li>Clefable</li>
<li>Weezing</li>
<li>Persian</li>
<li>Marowak</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Haunter</li>
<li>Abra</li>
<li>Alakazam</li>
<li>Pidgeotto</li>
<li>Pidgeot</li>
<li>Starmie</li>
<li>Bulbasaur</li>
<li>Venusaur</li>
<li>Tentacruel</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Goldeen</li>
<li>Seaking (Beyond this point, you will need to use the Ditto Glitch or the Missingno. Glitch to get a "Surprise Pokémon.")</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Ponyta</li>
<li>Rapidash</li>
<li>Rattata</li>
<li>Raticate</li>
<li>Nidorino</li>
<li>Nidorina</li>
<li>Geodude</li>
<li>Porygon</li>
<li>Aerodactyl</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Magnemite</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Charmander</li>
<li>Squirtle</li>
<li>Charmeleon</li>
<li>Wartortle</li>
<li>Charizard</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Missingno.</li>
<li>Oddish</li>
<li>Gloom</li>
<li>Vileplume</li>
<li>Bellsprout</li>
<li>Weepinbell</li>
<li>Victreebel (Beyond this point, there are no more real Pokémon.)</li>
<li>Glitch #250 (Ho-Oh?)</li>
<li>Glitch #61 (Poliwhirl?)</li>
<li>Glitch #234 (Stantler?) (Type 1 = Pokémaniac)</li>
<li>Glitch #94 (If you don't have Gastly, game halts after capture.)</li>
<li>Halts Game</li>
<li>Halts Game</li>
<li>Glitch #250 (Ho-Oh?)</li>
<li>Glitch #62 (Poliwrath?)</li>
<li>Halts Game</li>
<li>Nameless Trainer (Halts Game)</li>
<li>Youngster</li>
<li>Bug Catcher</li>
<li>Lass</li>
<li>Sailor</li>
<li>Male Jr. Trainer</li>
<li>Female Jr. Trainer</li>
<li>Pokemaniac</li>
<li>Super Nerd</li>
<li>Hiker</li>
<li>Biker</li>
<li>Burglar</li>
<li>Engineer</li>
<li>Juggler</li>
<li>Fisherman</li>
<li>Swimmer</li>
<li>Cue Ball</li>
<li>Gambler</li>
<li>Beauty</li>
<li>Psychic</li>
<li>Rocker</li>
<li>Juggler</li>
<li>Tamer</li>
<li>Bird Keeper</li>
<li>Blackbelt</li>
<li>Rival (From Pokemon League)</li>
<li>Professor Oak</li>
<li>Chief</li>
<li>Scientist</li>
<li>Giovanni</li>
<li>Rocket</li>
<li>Male Cooltrainer</li>
<li>Female Cooltrainer</li>
<li>Bruno</li>
<li>Brock</li>
<li>Misty</li>
<li>Lt. Surge</li>
<li>Erika</li>
<li>Koga</li>
<li>Blaine</li>
<li>Sabrina</li>
<li>Gentleman</li>
<li>Rival</li>
<li>Rival</li>
<li>Lorelei</li>
<li>Channeler</li>
<li>Agatha</li>
<li>Lance</li>
<li>Halts Game</li>
<li>Nameless Trainer (Can be beaten, but messes up graphics after battle)</li>
<li>Halts Game</li>
</ol>

<p>If a Pokémon's Special goes over 255, the list repeats itself. A Pokémon with a Special of 256 will generate the same thing as a Pokémon with a Special of 0.</p>

<h2><a name="yellow">Yellow-Only Tips and Tricks</a></h2>

<h3><a name="rival">Easier Rival</a></h3>

<p>To make your rival's team weaker when he is the champion, simply lose the rival battles in Oak's Lab and either lose or skip the battle on Route 22. Losing will cause his Eevee to evolve into a Vaporeon, the single Eeveelution weak to Pikachu's Electric-type attacks.</p>

<p>Side Note: Winning one of the two battles will cause his Eevee to evolve into a Flareon, and winning both will cause it to evolve into a Jolteon.</p>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)