1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

tldr : The GGfan story

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Vineon, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

People have been asking what ggfan has done to be hated so much, and why he hates us so much in return.

I’ve known ggfan for a long time, perhaps ever since the start.

So told by Vineon, this is the ggfan story.

Ggfan stands for great gaming fan, in 2002-2003 an active but somewhat relatively new member of gamefaqs’s blue forum. He discovered Azure Height’s Porygon Show, a web-based rby pokemon simulator pretty similar to netbattle. He quickly deeply got into RBY online battling and apparently became quite decent at it.

Somewhen in 2003, JMC was going to start a new RBY IBT tournament. IBT, standing for InterBoard Tournament, which meant that 4 major pokemon forums were going to battle against each other in a tournament. Azure Heights, TPM, Pojo were going to have a team.. as well as gamefaqs.

Many considered-veterans old rby players came back from “retirement” to play in this one. The tournament was getting a lot of interest. GGfan was thrilled and wanted more than anything to join it and represent gamefaqs.

Problem was, every team was only allowed to have 8 players, and with all the old gamefaqs battlers coming back, and with I believe Nitro, a somewhat old timer as well, being the captain, ggfan, a newcomer, relatively unknown to the veterans, was not going to get picked or even considered..

And it ALL started from there……

GGfan was furious.

He coudnt understand , convinced he definitely at least was one of today’s best, why he wasn’t picked to represent gamefaqs. He started calling everyone that came back for the tournament “has beens”, started countless flames on the forums, started collecting aim sns of these old players to get them to battle him to prove he was better.

He battled some of them, won and lost, of course only bragging about the wins. He tried to battle me a few times, I always refused seeing how he’s a total ass bad sport winner. I had nothing to gain from this. No bragging right from winning and I would have had to cope with his bragging if I were to lose.

He battled Fish, who was considered at the time as definitely one of the best. Fish won the battle. At that moment ggfan decided he would post the PBS log in reverse. He changed the names on the log so that it shows him winning over fish instead and posted it on gamefaqs, laughing at how he easily beat fish. He was apparently stupid enough to make a couple of typoes in the log and to totally forget the real log was still stored on the PBS, for everyone to see.

At about that time, jealous of the IBT’s success and the interest it was getting ; something ggfan never saw from a rby tournament before, he decided to start his own tournaments. However at that time, everyone pretty much hated him already and nobody ever cared to join.

GGfan’s answer to this was to create his own friends….. the first one was cool poke, who shared ggfan’s opinions about everything and had the same writing style. Already, people doubted cool poke to be ggfan but he kept denying it…. Even though it was more and more evident everyday…

Fighting the argument of cool poke always being the only person to back him up in flame wars, he suddenly made SEVERAL new accounts, apparently pokemon friends… coming from out of absolutely nowhere, to back him up and going as far as actually worship him.

And the ggfan-made tournaments were flowing… they were everywhere… most of the people joining them were people suspected of being his alts.. I remember one of these tournaments being of actually him and 7 of himself.

Suspicions became proofs when he posted AIM “conversations” between himself and cool poke…. Yurika86 was able to register cool poke’s aim sn, showing it never actually existed.

GGFan cracked and admitted in a thread on gamefaqs that cool poke and everyone else that was backing him up were indeed himself…. A thread that lasted a whole 30 minutes before he deleted it and almost started saying it never existed.

That however, didnt stop him from still making his own friends, something he still does today.. In 3 years.. everyone that has ever been friend with him or almost, always happened to actually be himself in disguise..

He is extremely jealous of everyone that attained some sort of success or notoriety playing pokemon because he’s never had a chance to make a good name of himself.

He brags about having won something like 50 tournaments.. of course nobody other than himself can remember what any of these tournaments were, or who was in them, no matter how hard he tries to make us believe how “epic” they were……. And 50 is easily attainable when you count every tournament you make with 7 of yourself and 4 men rby tournaments hosted on the yellow board with 3 people that have never played pokemon on the internet in the past.

Smogon started later and quickly became really popular… ggfan, jealous and obsessed about that success he was excluded from, started a huge anti-smogon campaign, flaming smogon users left and right. He even made his own message boards to flame his heart out, seeing he was banned on the spot on smogon, also copying smogon’s pokemon analysis format on the way. Of course, he crowded those forums with his own army of flaming clones for visual virtual “back-up”.

Ever since, in his fucked up head : he is in a huge fued with smogon. He’s at war. No matter the fact that he isn’t a threat at all to smogon, he likes to believe he can stop it. He’s jealous of its success, jealous of the fact that the only reason he is on the map is because of every moronic thing he’s done. He is obsessed about me, obsessed about chaos, about Hipmonlee and about pretty much anyone with any sort of status on smogon.. and to him, every other member is a suck up no life loser….

OTHER GGFAN FACTS

GGfan and Undone Backwards had a battle with the stipulation being that whoever lost had to leave the blue forum for good.. Undone won, ggfan’s reaction was to pretend Undone actually battled his friend, not him, that he wasn’t stupid enough to risk never posting on gamefaqs again.

Speaking of gamefaqs, he was banned more than 2 dozen times from there, at the very least.

GGFan other than entering with alternate accounts in tournaments to secure the win, has also DQed people that managed to beat him in his own tournaments. (Roy Master)

GGFan’s flaming style is to reverse any flame thrown at him. You accuse him of making alternate accounts, he’s going to accuse you of the exact same.. Accuse him now of rigging tournaments and he will quickly state that every smogon tournament was most probably rigged.

He is a monster WWE fan.. and a huge Y2Jericho fan.. which he steals his catchphrases (see assclown) from. Several of his alternate accounts also had wrestling related names.

He once joined smogon under a different name, played someone else, was quickly SID detected as ggfan. When confronted with it, he denied he was ggfan and left…. Only to come back 30 minutes later explaining he was in fact ggfan’s cousin living with him, explaining the matching SID.

Every single one of his fake friends worship him as he was god himself. That is not an exaggeration.

Recently tricked by FM, Sanders, Noobsters, chaos and others into receiving and opening a file that pretty much fucked his computer up. His answer to it was to deny ever opening it even though the AIM logs show otherwise, and declaring that he played along and fooled us all.

It is totally useless to block him on AIM as he possesses about 20 aim sns... his usual reaction to being blocked is to right after insult you using another account and block you... it makes him feel like he got the last word I suppose.

has accused smogon of stealing his arbok analysis because apparently we couldnt have made one ourselves. Pretty interresting claim considering he basically stole the whole concept of having pokemon analysis on the forums and that what he claims we stole from his arbok analysis is simply a comment implying that arbok is mediocre. Not mentionning of course that our arbok analysis outdates his.
  2. ABC-Trainer

ABC-Trainer

reminds me of somebody on this forum
  3. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Heh, I had forgotten all about that fish log.. That was like the best thing to have ever happened on the internet imho..

Have a nice day.
  4. omni

omni
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

everything is in tip-top shape except you forgot the part where zfs beat him at his own game in his own server with his own rules

with a kabutops
  5. Neutral777

Neutral777

oh...i get it now.
  6. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

lol awesome.
  7. Ness

Ness

So basically you are no longer friends with the guy?
  8. Neutral777

Neutral777

I don't think they were ever REALLY friends.
  9. Pidge

Pidge

I give that a ROFL out of 5.
  10. Guilan

Guilan

quite strong-willed
  11. Blue Light 2

Blue Light 2

12. Sanders

Sanders
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

i have 3 topics amplifying ggfan's stupidity, uncluding the Undone vs GGfan stuff among other things. if you want them just im me on aim (masterofshuppets) or if you have a site where i can upload directories feel free
  13. RicepigeonKKM

RicepigeonKKM Wait, who?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

So chaos's little script DID succeed after all. Vineon, I commend you. You have reminded me of just how much a dick ggfan really is and for this I commend you, assuming you consider it an honor.
  14. giga

giga
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

he imed me the otherday
  15. orangekows

orangekows

awesome story.

what's the link to his forums again?
  16. The HavoX

The HavoX

i screwed his mothers ass with my 12 inches of man-steel and destroyed his life with my reply [​IMG]

[​IMG] keep crying ggfag [​IMG]
  17. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

You should include his banned people list at his forums. I am on there and have never spoken a word to him, I'm banned simply because I'm a mod here lol.

Pretty pitiful.
  18. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

how wont battle?
  19. orangekows

orangekows

i'm banned for making 1 post :(
  20. cook

cook
    is a Past WCoP Winner

i thought it was pretty much implied in the first post that if you make a post in ggfans forums its useless, so why did you even bother.
  21. orangekows

orangekows

because i did it a couple weeks ago before he posted this thread.

oh what now
  22. Roy

Roy sux
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

haha sweet, a ggfan thread, i'll add some of my comments

you rock vin
  23. Black Leather Jacket

Black Leather Jacket

Vineon.... You should make one of these telling about every popular pokemon player [good or bad] once a week.
  24. Roy

Roy sux
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

that would kinda ruin the purpose
  25. Icecap Veiwin

Icecap Veiwin

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)