TMR - The MSPaint Reject

These are fun. But the Hariyama/Ttar one looks more like Hariyama is plucking Ttars facial hair instead of punching it. Maybe adjust Hariyamas legs and right arm so it looks like it's putting its weight into the hit. It would also help to make the left hand into more of a fist and position so it is slightly past Tyranitars face, post contact.

Scribbles.

Oh, so many possibilities for this request. I actually enjoyed just sitting down and thinking about it, but whatever, this is the one I drew, and yes, Combusken is biting Luxor's tail. If you want me to do another involving actual fisticuffs, just let me know.
YES!

Awesome, BMB. I'm actually loving it. Don't worry about doing another unless you feel like it. ^_^; I'm cool with this, for sure. Thanks.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission for CAP8:

Concept art:

Background Information:

Though a seemingly docile plant-feeder by nature, (CAP8) has a famously foul temper. When enraged, it will pursue its foes at a slow pace, but will never give up until its foe is exhausted, and will almost always bring its foe down. It prefers to use its physical bulk to overpower opponents, and will only usually call upon its considerable elemental power when no other options are available or when ordered to by its trainer. Its fangs do not inject poison, rather deliver an electrical current of 10,000 Volts when sunk into a foe. When fighting more powerful foes it will use its tail to defend itself, and has spikes on the end that deliver a powerful blow. It is heavily armoured, and its plating is nearly impossible to penetrate, but its fleshy underbody is very exposed and thus, (CAP8) is very weak to GROUND attacks. Its claws and teeth, shaped like lightning bolts, aid it in scaling rocky outcroppings to find food high up on mountains. When it feels greatly threatened, which is seldom, it will run an electrical current through its armour, causing sparks to fly from its spines to intimidate its opponent and charge up a possible THUNDERBOLT.
Also, my first (and probably last) Ubers drawing!

Parasect Spores a Kyogre. Yay. The Parasect is next to impossible to see, let alone its cloud of Spores, owing to Kyogre's sheer size (although, it could probably be a bit bigger... maybe...).

Anyway, three cheers for Parasect, the only bug to make a big impact on the Ubers tier. Except Scizor. And Forretress. And I'm pretty sure Sleep Talk Heracross had a period during the early DP Darkrai craze...

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What to do when bored and out of work? Go to the requests thread...

Originally Posted by Fat destroyer
im looking for someone that can make a very good animation, i need a shiny ludicolo dancing, if you want payment i could give you credits in my shop.

Also:

Shedinja used Shadow Sneak. Gengar used Shadow Ball. Apparently.
Damn, I hate changing game mechanics.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
Small update. I've got exams through the rest of next week so requests will have to wait... even longer. Sorry.

A sprite sketch for Mordock:

Also, MS's avatar with Ho-oh, no credit in his sig like he promised, but oh well, it's the thought that counts.

Also, by popular demand:

can you make me a pikachu destroying onix with thunder? like in the anime!

and

these are hilarious and awesome pictures :D

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
can you make me a pikachu destroying onix with thunder? like in the anime!

and

these are hilarious and awesome pictures :D
I don't like going against game mechanics... So I'll have to think it over.

And now, the fun part!

I'm finished with Exams for a few weeks, so I can get on and update this.

Venomoth uses Psychic on Weezing. Luckily both Pokemon can fly, so I could make the whole background that odd nauseating one.

Speaking of odd and nauseating:

Both flying, both purple. How nice.

Also, a couple of tidbits from the avvy requests thread:

Oh, and I'm also working on a project, to let you know, for this thread, but I don't know if I'll be able to complete it for a while.

Could you draw an avatar of Empoleon pls? I really like how he looked against that fight vs. Salamence. I will give credit for the avvy, give that for sure.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
Dammit, I forgot to update the thread, Twist of Fate just reminded me on Shoddy, so please try to forgive me. I was actually doing a selection of pictures at the time, so they won't make this update; they'll probably be up next time though.

First, Twist of Fate's request from ages ago:

Tyranitar used Stone Edge. I just couldn't get Luke's eye expression right, so here they are. Of the five or so Tyranitars in this thread though, this one is probably my favourite.

Other stuff:

Olie's new avatar, which you may have seen about the place, and other editions:

Also, an avatar request by Alexv1. The theme? "An avatar like Legacy Raider's but with a Tyranitar".

Oh wow, these are amazing, I reallyl iked the Tyranitar vs Hariyama gif. I was wondering if you could do Aggron Iron Tailing or using Iron head on Tyranitar ? :)

Yum, Barboach. Now I'm hungry.

Still loving your work, BMB. And I'm still eternally grateful for my request being granted. =D

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
As many of you didn't know, I've had exams, and so this thread has rather taken a back seat in life, if you will. Happily however, they are now over, finito, etc, and I'm hoping to update this thread in the temporary lull between responsibilities.

Not that I have any updates right now, in regards to requests or pet projects, so I thought I'd share a load of doodles I drew during my Art exam (I got bored halfway through with it, so I'm not expecting a great mark...).

These are what I call 'brain sketches' - I draw an object, generally a simple shape, and form concepts from scratch, drawing a picture of my mind - or at least that's how I like to think of it. In essence, mindlessly doodling without looking.

As you can see, I have a pretty disturbing mind.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
Pictures from ages ago I forgot to upload. Wormadams!

Leaf Storm on Rhyperior, Earthquake on Magmortar, and Flash Cannon on what looks like a dishcloth respectively. Magmortar is *slightly* out of proportion, and every time I tried to make an Earthquake animation longer than three frames my computer froze. Oh, and it's hard to draw a blast of pure light energy on a white background...

Requests (probably) coming soon, though I will be going away for a while next week, so may be put on hold.

What did you do differently when making the ones in this last post? The quality in them is a LOT better than the rest of the ones I see here. (sorry if this comes off rude, but the outline on the others is rather poor, while this is actually a pretty good outline. :D)

I'm gonna have to agree with Tennis, they look a lot better, especially Froslass, which is amazing. Your other pokemon (like Gyarados) don't have as clean outlines. But these new ones are outstanding!

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
What did you do differently when making the ones in this last post? The quality in them is a LOT better than the rest of the ones I see here. (sorry if this comes off rude, but the outline on the others is rather poor, while this is actually a pretty good outline. :D)
I'm gonna have to agree with Tennis, they look a lot better, especially Froslass, which is amazing. Your other pokemon (like Gyarados) don't have as clean outlines. But these new ones are outstanding!
The outline on all of them is poor, quite literally appalling, since I have only a Paint brush (size 2 is the best IMO) to work with, but do you really think these ones are better? I didn't actually do anything differently, I simply drew it ridiculously big, and then resized it down immensely, perhaps that's why.

I wonder what would happen if I did that to Gyarados?

Better?

(I honestly don't know, if somebody tells me these ones are better, I guess I had better take advantage of it...)

Now, on the subject of new artwork:

Ninjask used Aerial Ace!

Well, I've done an update for the Ninjask analysis on-site, so I thought this would be appropriate. I've done Blaziken before, and it honestly came out as bad as it could be; I think this one went better, though I could not say for sure. The Blaziken is, as I am sure you are aware, swinging an arm in the hope of swatting the cicada on steroids, but Ninjask expertly dodges, strikes it with a super-effective STAB attack, then crashes into a wall, which serves it right for accelerating in an urban area.

Also, my oldest request is done. For Ubers are Awesome:

I didn't quite know whether to use my original template for Ice Beam (ie. Empoleon and Salamence) or my one that Masquerain used, namely, without an ice border. I sort of corroborated here; the lump of ice forming on Suicune is based on that forming on Salamence, and Regice's Ice Beam is based off that of Masquerain, so there is a silhouette underneath.

Now, I'm going on holiday on Sunday, ironically the day Stage 3 testing ends, and so this may well be my last update for a while. Don't hesitate to make requests, though; while I won't do them for a while, rest assured I shall get them done, eventually. Plus it makes me feel like an actual artist :)

It definitely looks better with that outline. Outlines can either kill or make the art sometimes. Your best bet would be improving your overall sketches by better anatomy means. Other than that though, your inking is a BIG influence on how your art is taken. If they see that huge outline, they can immediately think, "MS PAINT". If that's not there, than it doesn't look at all like it. Your coloring isn't bad, so they'd have no reason to think that otherwise. Keep up the good work. :)

Totally love your Regice!

Add-on: I really like the shading, it's simple yet appeal to me. (Truth is, I just really like it. It's a feeling)

Thanks so much. (glad that art is finally done) It was worth the wait! I think you may be the most underrated artist here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)