TMR - The MSPaint Reject

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
More reposts from CAP Art thread:

Final Submission

Final Submission

Supporting Artwork

Alternate, and probably better, pose. Worth seeing for that other angle.
Sketch Moves: Sacred Fire, Slash, Dragon Claw
Sketch Moves: Crunch, Earthquake, Shadow Ball.

Everything Else

When looking for an ideal model for a Grass/Ghost type, I immediately thought of the Stinking Corpse Lily, Rafflesia arnoldii. Unfortunately, this was already a Pokemon by name of Vileplume; however, I had another in mind. Amorphophallus titanum, the titan arum, corpse flower, or "huge misshapen penis flower". It is the largest flower in the world, and possibly my favourite plant of all time. With the base intact, I decided to make it more than a simple eerie-looking plant thing (otherwise it would arguably have been inclined more as a Poison-type). I initially had the idea of a Ghost trapped inside the plant, as my earlier concepts suggested, but then I integrated the two parts further to form a finished product. The ectoplasm and the vines still combine as I enjoy their effect.
The ectoplasm that controls [CAP2]'s body and vines can assume different shapes depending on what [CAP2] is thinking. Hence it can broadly "Sketch" in its mind a move that it has seen in the past. As the art would suggest, this can take the form of anything it has seen once - For example, it seems to take the form of Ho-oh for Sacred Fire, or Scyther's blade for Cut, with the ectoplasm also converting to the element it is copying. However, because it's a bit thick, it can only ever remember one move in its life. This trait is not natural to [CAP2] and is only triggered when interbred with Smeargle.
It's a smelly plant possessed by a Ghost that looks like a willy.

It was never an interpretive dance instructor in a previous life, it is not out for revenge against all the evil in the world, it is not worshipped as a deity by unspecified ethnic backgrounds, it does not reference anything that may or may not have happened in the past, it does not happen to have some sort of unbelievable power that is inconsistent with its in-game performance, it does not do anything peculiar with eels' eyeballs, and it does not have an irrational hatred towards Delibird.
Also some stuff I screwed around with

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Update WITH STUFF

Firstly, for the Smeargle's Secret Santa:

"My request is a drill-forme rotom wearing kamina glasses" (Vader)

Then, from the latest issue of The Smog:

"A Recent History of Analyses"

Took forever to do the first two (they're the same picture but one has a reused background from that old Caterpie picture of mine). The others are merely caricatures of C&C at its very best. And before you ask, no, I do not think that all GP checkers are robots, all new contributors are overenthusiastic little kittens or that all old contributors are backwards fossils. But what can you do.

As for who's who in the C&C picture... see if you can guess.

"Check Like the Prose - Vol. II"

Alakazam is always chosen for these C&C articles, so I thought I'd be different and do the other high-IQ Pokemon, Metagross and Uxie, grammar checking in their own unique ways. And yes, the Metagross is actually saying something in binary (but I can't remember what it is) and the Uxie is adding its own little additions to the finished article...

That's it, until the next instalment.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
Yeah I know I said I stopped drawing

OK I still do sometimes

Just look at the pretty pictures why don't you

CAP2 Prevo, or as I like to call it, Miniturna

turns out I got punched in the stomach by the evil art polls and have been taken away to Theorymon's laboratory to recuperate, who'd have guessed? Anyway these were disqualified but who cares all the art in the poll is so so good and you should definitely vote if you can

why am I talking so much and what happened to my grammar

Oh and as for the art, I tried to make it more sunny and happy than most of the submissions, hence the giggle-pose, and adapted the creepy head-vine on Necturna into a more girly leaf-hair

well I find it adorable anyway

oh and before I forget

entry for MAC #6

can't think for the life of me why it didn't win it was clearly the funniest

I wanted to make the unown spell something clever but it turned out I didn't have the patience, or I'd have drawn something better

EDIT: And on another exciting note I just realised that I have surpassed 100 art things in the OP... a while ago. Meh. Sorry for those of you who were looking forward to an exciting centennial piece

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yesh I can finally post without necrobumping :D

loving your artwork especially those from The Smog #18. I bet the C&C pic had a mon representing each person... I'm not in it ;_; rofl and where's the usual Lady Gagadevoir x)

Metagross and Uxie are great too! :D don't stop drawing :P

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
Yesh I can finally post without necrobumping :D

loving your artwork especially those from The Smog #18. I bet the C&C pic had a mon representing each person... I'm not in it ;_; rofl and where's the usual Lady Gagadevoir x)

Metagross and Uxie are great too! :D don't stop drawing :P
The C&C pic only had teardrops/ladybirds in it, and iirc you were nominated for your pre-contribs on the day after I had finished drawing it

Also Oglemi and the other mods aren't there because I needed to cut down on the number of Pokemon in the actual picture, as my initial shortlist had something like sixty people on it... so some of the people who don't normally get drawn for articles got some well-deserved exposure, I guess.

speaking of Gagadevoir:

Smog art dump.

As a side note I have never actually bothered to watch/listen to/other sensory verb this Lady Gaga person, so this was entirely based on Fatecrashers' original and my own twisted imagination. Hence the matrix thingy (it was meant to be a jab at irc okay stop judging me)

Don't have any excuses for the porygon though, it's just inherently terrible. I don't know, I just couldn't draw while I was trying to do these, despite spending an exorbitant amount of time on these and other, even more pathetic examples that weren't worth the bother of submitting... still, not sure why. As evidenced by my last post, I still seem to be able to do decent (for MSPaint) works right now, as these predate those. Huh.

Well, I suppose now's as good a time as any:

AccidentalGreed - Togekiss
bugmaniacbob - Pinsir
Calm Pokemaster - Gengar
Ditto - Ditto
Dracoyoshi8 - Dratini
elDino - Riolu
Flora - Chikorita
Honko - Bonsly
iss - Chinchou
JRank - Weavile
muffinhead - Ludicolo
Moo - Miltank
Omicron - Larvesta
Ray Jay - Houndour
SilentVerse - Butterfree
sirndpt - Zorua
trickroom - Lugia
uragg - Arcanine
V0x - Shuckle
zdrup15 - Slowking
Zurich - Garchomp

Basically just people from the GP team (you're all amazing, most of the time) and some other people from various tiers for sake of box-ticking (I jest).

That's that, see you all in six months.

EDIT: Also I changed the thread title because I'm bored and in need of some cynical jokes. Will rotate whenever I update. Probably.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh I see... sad me x.x haha Gardy and the ever-changing costumes~~ Why is P2 facing the front though? .-. /me doesn't get the context of the dice...

V0x - Shuckle

o.o V0x isn't Weavile??? .__________.

That's that, see you all in six months.
Where you going??? D: ps isn't drawing on MS Paint hard? ~_~ haha good job there! :)

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
Where you going??? D: ps isn't drawing on MS Paint hard? ~_~ haha good job there! :)
Yep. It's nigh-on impossible.

Remember when I said I'd have to choose my priorities and give up doing the things I enjoyed in order to pass my very very important exams this summer?

Well, as it turns out, I've given up some mealtimes, days out, walking, most forms of physical exercise, anime, YouTube, television, all games consoles, and my entire social life (or lack thereof), and I still haven't made any significant inroads into my time spent on Smogon at all. True, I am posting this at near-midnight for lack of any other time of day when I have free time, but hey, what can you do.

So, here we have our newest Fire/Poison CAP. It's supposed to be a lizard ninja, drawing vague inspiration from Koga, Fuma Kotaro from the Pokemon Conquest series, and Demise from Skyward Sword, and looks absolutely nothing like any of them.

It also used to be black, but then I realised it kind of looked uncomfortably similar to a demented Quilava, so I changed it to the more traditional purple. Hopefully we'll have supporting artwork around at some point, or better yet, a drawing that I actually spent some effort on (and I have been doing some recently).

Cheers cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)