To be titled an awesome name (offensive OU team)

Hey everyone, welcome to my fourth RMT. Well its time for another crack at the art of weather less warfare. The last one was balance this time it is an offensive team. This team got me out of the 800's back to the 1000's. (if you look now when it's not, It is because I have experimented with a baton pass team and didn't work out well,) Well lets begin.

Team at a glance

Closer look

Floatzel@leftovers
Trait:water veil
Nature:Jolly
Evs: 252 speed: 136 HP, 64 atk, 56 def
Moves:
bulk up
Waterfall
Ice fang
Baton pass

Floatzel is one part of the baton pass core. It uses bulk ups for its own sweeps and when its walled or when a skarmory appears, it can use baton pass to keep momentum and the boost switching to the second member of the core. Why are the evs like this? it is to make the boosts more impactful since, even with the investment, Floaztel is OHKOed by all but weak priority special attacks. With max speed, floatzel is speed tied with starmie no matter what. hp is to patch up its frail defense to an extent. Water fall is its main stab and boosted even further should someone use drizzletoad. Another great thing with floatzels water veil is that it could potentially bluff a swift swim and net a free boost unless the opponent packs hydro pump on there politoed. (it barely survives a boosted surf half the time.) Ice fang gives it an edge in the sun as it will not have to rely on a weakened waterfall.

Espeon@leftovers
Trait magic bounce
Nature: timid
Evs: 252 speed, 44 spatk, 212 HP
Moves:
Baton pass
Shadow ball
Psychic
Calm mind

Espeon is the second part of the baton pass core. It my custom one that is made to complement floaztel and patch its weakness to special attacks somewhat. What floatzel lacks is what espeon is strong in. It comes in on a wall. receiving floatzels boost and preventing skarmory from being skarmory. Psychic and shadow ball is pretty much standard issue on most psychic types. The evs are fairly straight forward. Optimizing offense a little without losing its special bulk to an extent.

After floatzel and espeon gain enough boost it goes to this super tank

Metagross@leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
Nature: Relaxed
Evs: 252 HP, 16 ATK, 48 DEf, 96 SPATK, 96 SPDEF
Moves:
Ice punch
Bullet punch
Psychic
Hidden power fire

Say hello to the super tank of the team. I used this not expecting much and have never let it go ever since. Metagross has great attacking stats and great defenses. Boost them up in he gives everything hell on all ends. With floatzel and espeon wearing wall down and keeping them from setting up rocks or spreading status. Metagross comes in when the stars are aligned for his death sentence or to absorb an outrage. Metagross has alot of times he can come in and when played right can win the fight. You might be wondering why he has bullet punch instead of meteor mash. It is for a consistent priority attack. plus the attack boost would make it as powerful as meteor mash anyway. Hidden power fire is to make quick work of the pesky scizors and ferrothorns of that run rampant.

Now meet the fail safes

Porygon2@eviolite
Trait: download
nature: Bold
Evs: 236 HP, 252 def, 20 spdef
Moves:
Tri attack
thunderbolt
ice beam
recover

Porygon2 is my go to early on tank if the walls are giving my duo trouble. Calm mind boost are more important for it to get but thanks to download it won't be heavily reliant most of the time. Tri attack is a useful and reliable STAB. Tri attack also compliments the bolt beam combo fairly well. (If only it had flamethrower.) Recover is obvious on this little rubber ducky.

Hitmonlee@normal gem
Trait: unburden
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
Moves:
Hi jump kick
Stone edge
Fake out
Blaze kick

Lee is a great member on my team. Thanks to unburden and floatzel. once hitmonlee comes useful as a pinch sweeper. He can use fakeout for free damage, activate unburden, and wreck with his deadly stab and coverage. With just one boost in defense and attack he can go one on one with scizor. He is also one of the few fighting types that can tussle with scarfed terrakion as well. Stone edge can hurt the ou dragons hard. blazekick can go for ferrothorns and other steel types. Especially if I feel they pack a protect to abuse hi jump kicks drawbacks.

Alakazam@life orb
trait: magic guard
Nature: timid
Evs: 252 spatk, 252 speed, 4 hp
Moves:
Psyshock
shadow ball
focus blast
energy ball

Sort of the same story as hitmonlee. Alakazam aims to hit specially unlike lee. An all out attacker was my choice since it could obtain calm mind and the defense boost from bulk up. There is the risk of sucker punch but it is worth it when you see it demolish a team to the point of no return. The moves are to get as much coverage as possible and bypass the occasional unaware quagsire. Who could shut down the team almost completely.

Well this is the new team. I really hope you guys liked it. This is one of my most favorite teams by far along with the sand team. I really want this team to reach great heights and hope you guys can help.

This is a good team but I suggest Mienshao over hitmolee

All-Out Attacker
@Life Orb
Regenerator
Naive
Moveset
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ U-turn
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Fake Out / Grass Knot
Evs 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252

This is a good team but I suggest Mienshao over hitmolee

All-Out Attacker
@Life Orb
Regenerator
Naive
Moveset
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ U-turn
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Fake Out / Grass Knot
Evs 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252
Mienshao is good. I used it before hitmonlee. However I can't play mienshao at all. I end up getting the little thing killed every time I used it. Hitmonlee helps with my more aggressive playstyle for offensive teams thanks to unburden. As he will get the last laugh for the most part.

i would said to add toxic instead of tri attack on porygon and i doubt you need the 4 evs on sp atk...i would say to use max hp max def with the other 4 evs on sp def...and idk anything else to help u with since im not a baton pass user :[

i would said to add toxic instead of tri attack on porygon and i doubt you need the 4 evs on sp atk...i would say to use max hp max def with the other 4 evs on sp def...and idk anything else to help u with since im not a baton pass user :[
Toxic just seems out of place for this team. Though I guess the 4 evs in special attack is also out of place now that I look at it. I guess I'll change the evs of porygon2 then.

Bulkup's a lame BP move.
Your two magic guarders don't even benifit from the Attack boost. I'd suggest Volbeat Tail Glow or a generic Calm Mind BPer.

Bulkup's a lame BP move.
Your two magic guarders don't even benifit from the Attack boost. I'd suggest Volbeat Tail Glow or a generic Calm Mind BPer.
It is your opinion on bulk up being lame for the baton pass.

I made a simple mistake on espeon having magic guard. It's suppose to be magic bounce. Espeon passes calm minds.

It is your opinion on bulk up being lame for the baton pass.

I made a simple mistake on espeon having magic guard. It's suppose to be magic bounce. Espeon passes calm minds.
All I'm saying is that you've got two half-teams here, one the physical passer, one the special passer.
Mixed Metagross is a step in the right direction, but Shell Smash BPing is functionally superior in almost every way, giving you speed and both offenses boosted.

If this was a more physically-based team, I'd be inclined to give BU a 2nd look.

Note that I love your Unburden Hitmonlee, but SD (or shell smash) > BU when passing to him, since Hi Jump Kick is going to fail 1/3rd of the time w/ halfway decent prediction on your opponent's side.

All I'm saying is that you've got two half-teams here, one the physical passer, one the special passer.
Mixed Metagross is a step in the right direction, but Shell Smash BPing is functionally superior in almost every way, giving you speed and both offenses boosted.

If this was a more physically-based team, I'd be inclined to give BU a 2nd look.

Note that I love your Unburden Hitmonlee, but SD (or shell smash) > BU when passing to him, since Hi Jump Kick is going to fail 1/3rd of the time w/ halfway decent prediction on your opponent's side.
I stay away from smash passing since that is predictable in the ou when it comes up. plus Defense over speed on my offense is better appreciated

I do try and keep it half and half on the offense. Last time I made a team focused on one side gliscor kept showing up to ruin everything.

Shell Smashing is predictable because it's good. +6-0 > +2 any day of the week.

+Def doesn't do anything for the bulk of special attackers out there. With no special-loweing intimidate, Physical attacks are the counter-metagame, not the default. If you want to hurt physical attackers, go with Intimidate users.

I'm all for having a mixed team... but a mixed team needs mixed sweeper BP chain enders. Slow Metagross isn't that, especially since it's only mixed to burn away steel types.

End of the day either your opponent has answers to BPing or not. If they do, you need to pass enough to Espeon to end their phaser. If they don't, you could spend all day long pumping stats until a critical hit does you in. The key is to plan for the worst.

One last thing - Porygon's the only thing you have that can recover HP (Leftovers glut not withstanding). This strikes me as a mistake. If you BP a +2 +2 status change, and your guy is revenge killed, you're *&%I*ed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)