Togetic Discussion

My argument for Togetic in UU

Overview:

This thing is basically the best counter to Yanmega, it takes around 35% from any move bar HP Electric, resists bug, and has access to Roost, but Countering Yanmega isn't all it can do, it can use Nasty Plot to setup on defensive and offensive Pokemon.

Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Roost
move 3: Heal Bell
move 4: Hidden Power Flying
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
item: Eviolite
ability: Serene Grace

This set basically is the best counter to hyper offensive teams, pair it up with Ferroseed and Claydol, you got one of the best defensive cores around. Nasty Plot gets Togetic surprisingly strong and Roost makes sure that the loss of Lefties isn't a bother. Heal Bell makes sure that status doesn't ruin your day while Hidden Power Flying makes sure your not Taunt Bait.

DISCUSS

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Togetic is ridiculously specially bulky, and can take hits from Specs Yanmega even after Stealth Rock damage. If anything, it should be a special wall imo

My opinion has always been that Togetic would make a great support Pokemon, using its ability to spread paralysis and supporting the team with Heal Bell. Togetic's typing suits a defensive wall better imo even though its SpDef is much higher.

I would have to agree that you should focus more on the special bulk than the physical, especially if your validation for Togetic is a Yanmega check. In addition, I would suggest Baton Pass as the primary move in the final slot, seeing as Togetic is fairly underwhelming offensively, and will thus find it losing constantly to the likes of Quag, Rotom-S, Eelektross, and so on and so forth. Taunt is fairly uncommon as is, and when it comes you can see it from a mile away. More so, I feel that Togetic has more to offer than just this singular set. With access to Dual Screens, TWave, Wish, Work Up and so forth, Togetic can function in a handful of support roles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)