UU Togetic

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
QC: dodmen / IronBullet93 / dingbat
GP: P Squared / The Dutch Plumberjack

Overview
########

Togetic finds a niche in ORAS UU with a unique Fairy / Flying typing that gives it resistances or immunities to some of UU's common offensive types in Fighting, Dark, Bug, Ground and Dragon. Despite Togetic's base defenses looking mediocre at best, they can be boosted by Eviolite. Furthermore, Togetic has a good variety of support moves, such as Defog and Wish, at its disposal.

Togetic isn't without faults, however, as it is a very passive Pokemon whose highest attacking stat is its mediocre base 80 Special Attack. Togetic is also unable to utilize any of its abilities to full extent, as Hustle is unusable due Togetic's low Attack stat, Serene Grace isn't too useful without access to a flinch-inducing move, and Super Luck is, as the name implies, very luck-based.

Support
########
name: Support
move 1: Seismic Toss / Dazzling Gleam
move 2: Roost
move 3: Defog
move 4: Heal Bell / Thunder Wave / Toxic
ability: Serene Grace
item: Eviolite
evs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
nature: Calm

Moves
========

This set allows Togetic to function as an entry hazard remover as well as an overall support Pokemon depending on its last move. Seismic Toss allows Togetic to damage foes consistently, chipping away 100 HP with each hit. Dazzling Gleam, on the other hand, isn't as consistent but is a good STAB attack that allows Togetic to effectively KO Dragon- and Fighting-types, among others. Roost allows Togetic to reliably recover HP, which is essential for any wall. Defog removes entry hazards from the field, making it a good support move, as it prevents Togetic and its teammates from being worn down by Stealth Rock and other entry hazards. Heal Bell allows Togetic to act as a cleric, removing status from itself as well as its teammates. Thunder Wave slows down opposing Pokemon, making it a good move to stop sweepers from doing their job. Lastly, Togetic can put sweepers and defensive Pokemon alike on timers with the use of Toxic.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs are used to maximize overall bulk while letting Togetic take less damage from Stealth Rock. 252 Special Defense EVs and a Calm nature are used to ensure maximized special bulk. An alternate EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD can be used with a Bold nature instead to deal with the numerous Fighting-types in the tier better. Serene Grace is the chosen ability, as Hustle lowers the accuracy of Seismic Toss and Super Luck is incompatible with Defog. Eviolite boosts Togetic's defenses by 50%.

Usage Tips
========

Should the listed spread be used, send Togetic in against special attackers it walls, such as Mega Sceptile and non-Iron Tail Hydreigon, and take advantage of them by either crippling them or supporting Togetic's teammates. However, if the alternate EV spread is used, be sure to send Togetic in against Fighting-types it can wall, such as Heracross and Machamp, and take advantage of them, but be wary of super effective coverage moves they tend to carry. Should Togetic and its teammates need entry hazards removed, try to use Defog as soon as possible.

Team Options
========

Physical walls, such as Hippowdon and Suicune, make for good partners if the listed EV spread is in use, as they can wall the various physical attackers that threaten Togetic. Should the alternative EV spread be used, however, special walls, such as Blissey and Snorlax, make for optimal partners, as they can deal with the special attackers that trouble Togetic. Pokemon that appreciate entry hazard removal, such as Moltres and Fletchinder, value Togetic as a teammate. Bulky Steel-types, such as Forretress and Mega Aggron, make for good teammates, as they resist or are immune to four of the types Togetic is weak to, namely Ice, Rock, Steel, and Poison.

Nasty Pass
########
name: Nasty Pass
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Roost
move 4: Dazzling Gleam / Magic Coat
ability: Super Luck
evs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe
nature: Sassy

Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Special Attack by two stages, making it a good boosting move that makes any special attacker a very dangerous sweeper. Baton Pass allows Togetic to pass a boost to its teammates. Roost gives Togetic a form of reliable recovery, which in turn allows it to pass boosts more than once should it be weakened. Dazzling Gleam is a good STAB attack that allows Togetic to make use of the Nasty Plot boosts itself if need be. Magic Coat, on the other hand, allows Togetic to bounce back support moves such as Taunt and Whirlwind, which would otherwise stop this set from being utilized effectively.

Set Details
========

The given EVs allow Togetic to maximize its special bulk while ensuring Togetic takes minimal damage from Stealth Rock. An alternative EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD with a Relaxed nature can also be used to take on physical attackers. The 0 Speed IVs and Sassy nature allow Togetic to be as slow as possible, ensuring Togetic takes a hit instead of the Baton Pass recipient. An Eviolite is the chosen item, as it boosts Togetic's defenses.

Usage Tips
========

This set should attempt to set up on special attackers Togetic walls and opposing walls and proceed to pass the boosts to dangerous special attackers such as Mega Sceptile and Speed Boost Yanmega.

Team Options
========

Special attackers that benefit from Togetic passing Nasty Plot boosts, such as Mega Sceptile and Choice Scarf Hydreigon, make for good teammates. Mega Blastoise gets a special mention for not only being a good recipient of a Nasty Plot boost but also being able to remove Stealth Rock, which hinders Togetic. Physical wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Entei and Choice Band Heracross, also make for good partners, as they effectively remove special walls that stop Togetic's Nasty Plot recipients from effectively sweeping.

Other Options
########

Togetic has access to both Reflect and Light Screen but is unable to utilize them effectively because it has to hold Eviolite to retain its bulk and therefore cannot hold Light Clay to lengthen the number of turns the screens last. An offensive Nasty Plot set is usable but is usually ineffective, as Togetic has mediocre Speed and Special Attack. A Wish set can be used, but due to Togetic's low HP stat, it is unable to heal much of its teammates' HP. Togetic has access to Encore, which allows it to lock foes into a favorable move, but Togetic tends not to have space on any set for it. Lastly, Flamethrower allows Togetic to hit Steel-types for super effective damage but uses up an important slot for both of its sets.

Checks & Counters
########

**Poison-types**: Poison-types don't worry much about any move Togetic uses, bar Thunder Wave, and can either OHKO or 2HKO with a powerful STAB move. Nidoqueen and Nidoking get a special mention for being immune to Thunder Wave.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types, such as Magneton and Doublade, can easily switch into any move Togetic uses and proceed to 2HKO with a powerful STAB move.

**Wallbreakers**: Wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Rotom-C, don't worry too much about any of Togetic's moves, while they can either OHKO, 2HKO, or force it out due to their powerful STAB attacks.

**Haze Users and Phazers**: Pokemon that can remove stat boosts, such as Clear Smog Amoonguss, Haze Tentacruel, and Whirlwind Hippowdon, can stop Togetic's Nasty Plot set from being utilized effectively, but they don't really affect the support set.

Last edited:
Alright so I think both sets should have a mention of a physically defensive option listed in set details, letting it wall Fighting-types more efficiently and generally taking hits from stuff like Crobat and Mega Absol better. Also, Sassy nature with 0 Speed IVs should be used on the Nasty Pass set.

Magic Coat can be slashed after Dazzling Gleam on the Nasty Pass set, since it blocks Taunt and Roar/Whirlwind. For Team Options for this set, Mega Blastoise should be listed since it is not only insanely scary to slower teams at +2, but it also can spin Rocks away for Togetic and its most common partner in Yanmega.

Kreme

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright so I think both sets should have a mention of a physically defensive option listed in set details, letting it wall Fighting-types more efficiently and generally taking hits from stuff like Crobat and Mega Absol better. Also, Sassy nature with 0 Speed IVs should be used on the Nasty Pass set.

Magic Coat can be slashed after Dazzling Gleam on the Nasty Pass set, since it blocks Taunt and Roar/Whirlwind. For Team Options for this set, Mega Blastoise should be listed since it is not only insanely scary to slower teams at +2, but it also can spin Rocks away for Togetic and its most common partner in Yanmega.
I believe this is all implemented.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I reckon Dazzling Gleam deserves a mention on the defensive set as an option over SToss, it's not as reliable but 80 SpA isn't horrible and it can put the hurt on Fighters and Dragons. QC 2/3

Kreme

This has been written up and is ready for its final QC check.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Just thought i'd weigh in
Checks & Counters
########

**Poison-types**: Poison-types (here is a good place to go 'such as x y and z, not required but do consider it) can easily OHKO Togetic with a powerful STAB move, while not worrying about anything Togetic can do to them bar Thunder Wave, of which, Nidoking and Nidoqueen are immune to.

Neither of the nidos OHKOes according to my calc (even after SR); you might want to split it up between those that OHKO and those that force out, since if Togetic lives and NP passes to the right mon / clears a lot of hazards or status, it can change the game a lot, i've won games in RU via a tank and clutch defog.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types, such as Magneton and Doublade, can easily switch into any move Togetic uses and proceed to KO with a powerful STAB move.

'Ton can't OHKO, and thanks to its puny HP sorta hates a seismic. That said, volt switch is painful + momentum and he ignores both of tic's statuses. Doublade doesn't KO either (iron head) and i hear UU rolls with Gyro a lot? Which does like 20, plus gyro dou is outsped and passed on. But, swords dance, to make toge epic setup bait, or maybe restalk, for the hard wall. Dou also doesnt mind twave too much, stoss immune, gyro might appreciate twave. You could afford to mention Maggron too, maybe?

**Wallbreakers**: Wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Rotom-C, don't worry too much about any of Togetic's moves while they can KO it with a powerful STAB move.

I think you know what i'm going to say, rotom-c doesn't OHKO. Maybe just say physical wallbreakers OHKO and special wallbreakers can overwhelm togetic, something like that. Also, trick obv cripples, though talking about that is something i'd leave up to the writer because trick is kinda odd.

Could use a section of 'phazers'; magic coat can't stop haze or even clear smog (idt anyone uses the latter though), plus if you have actual offensive presence roar + whirlwind gets you. NP set only

Section of hazard setters with favorable matchups with togetic. For example, mega aggron can keep laying SR as you come in to defog it and donk you with heavy slam, so that really invalidates the first set to a large degree, forcing it to take sr damage constantly on top of just undoing its defog

Edit:

Lunch ? Guess that makes you european based on the hour

Also, haze + clear smog, well; phaze just means 'psuedo-haze', so no reason not to mention it (haze has more pp than Nasty Plot, and most haze users can likely do something annoying to togetic), not sure if clear smog exists in uu, but if anything clear smog is literally phazing (make sure clar smoggers can 1v1, iirc it has less pp and you can BP into a steel to block it)

Last edited:

Kreme

Just thought i'd weigh in
Checks & Counters
########

**Poison-types**: Poison-types (here is a good place to go 'such as x y and z, not required but do consider it) can easily OHKO Togetic with a powerful STAB move, while not worrying about anything Togetic can do to them bar Thunder Wave, of which, Nidoking and Nidoqueen are immune to.

Neither of the nidos OHKOes according to my calc (even after SR); you might want to split it up between those that OHKO and those that force out, since if Togetic lives and NP passes to the right mon / clears a lot of hazards or status, it can change the game a lot, i've won games in RU via a tank and clutch defog.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types, such as Magneton and Doublade, can easily switch into any move Togetic uses and proceed to KO with a powerful STAB move.

'Ton can't OHKO, and thanks to its puny HP sorta hates a seismic. That said, volt switch is painful + momentum and he ignores both of tic's statuses. Doublade doesn't KO either (iron head) and i hear UU rolls with Gyro a lot? Which does like 20, plus gyro dou is outsped and passed on. But, swords dance, to make toge epic setup bait, or maybe restalk, for the hard wall. Dou also doesnt mind twave too much, stoss immune, gyro might appreciate twave. You could afford to mention Maggron too, maybe?

**Wallbreakers**: Wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Rotom-C, don't worry too much about any of Togetic's moves while they can KO it with a powerful STAB move.

I think you know what i'm going to say, rotom-c doesn't OHKO. Maybe just say physical wallbreakers OHKO and special wallbreakers can overwhelm togetic, something like that. Also, trick obv cripples, though talking about that is something i'd leave up to the writer because trick is kinda odd.

Could use a section of 'phazers'; magic coat can't stop haze or even clear smog (idt anyone uses the latter though), plus if you have actual offensive presence roar + whirlwind gets you. NP set only

Section of hazard setters with favorable matchups with togetic. For example, mega aggron can keep laying SR as you come in to defog it and donk you with heavy slam, so that really invalidates the first set to a large degree, forcing it to take sr damage constantly on top of just undoing its defog
Yeah I ran the calcs and you're correct about the OHKOes not being OHKOes so I changed the description accordingly. Tbh I wouldn't really call Haze or Clear Smog phazing so I didn't include it. No real reason to mention Mega Aggron since it was just examples and all Steel-types viable in UU donk Togetic anyway. I have lunch atm so I'll edit this to elaborate on more things later.

Edit: Regarding the hazard setters with matchup, most of them HAVE matchup anyway and knowing which would and don't make the list quite expansive and emphasizing on it would take too long imo.

Edit 2: Ah ok I saw your edit, put it in there. The only user of Clear Smog in this tier is Amoonguss anyway. Also about Doublade and Gyro Ball, it's team dependent since for the most part Iron Head is better due to consistency but Gyro does more to Mega Aero and +1 Salamence etc, but if we were basing this off of what's more common I'd say Iron Head tbh. Also, I'm Asian and not European lol.

Last edited:

tehy

Banned deucer.
Well if most of them have matchup you should still mention them ; again from experience using Toge in RU, not letting it fog away hazards means it's always taking SR damage (which limits its walling, makes it easy to double-switch to death) and means its team support is limited to Heal Bell and walling hit (both of which are harder when SR is up)

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/2
add remove comment

nice job, just remember to put a comma before "as" if it means "because"!
Overview
########

Togetic finds a niche in ORAS UU with a unique Fairy / Flying typing that gives it resistances or immunities to some of UU's common offensive types in Fighting-, Dark-, Bug-, Ground- and Dragon-type (I think this one would be okay with just "Fighting, Dark, Bug, Ground, and Dragon" because you specified that they were types earlier, but it's fine either way). Despite Togetic's base defenses looking mediocre at best, it is they can be boosted by Eviolite. Furthermore, Togetic gets has a good variety of support moves, such as Defog and Wish, at its disposal.

Togetic isn't without faults, however, as it is a very passive Pokemon whose highest attacking stat is its base 80 Special Attack. Togetic is also unable to utilize any of its abilities to full extent(comma) as Hustle is unusable due Togetic's low Attack stat, Serene Grace isn't too useful without access to a flinch-inducing move, and Super Luck is, as the name implies, very luck(dash)based.

Support
########

Moves
========

This set allows Togetic to function as an entry hazard remover as well as overall supporter depending on its last move. Seismic Toss allows Togetic to damage opponents foes consistently, chipping away 100 HP with each hit. Dazzling Gleam(comma) on the other hand(comma) isn't as consistent but is a good STAB attack that allows Togetic to effectively KO Dragon- and Fighting-types(comma) among others. Roost allows Togetic to reliably recover HP, which is essential for any wall. Defog removes entry hazards from the field, making it a good support move(comma) as it prevents Togetic and its teammates from being worn down by Stealth Rock among and other entry hazards. Heal Bell allows Togetic to act as a cleric, removing status from itself as well as its teammates. Thunder Wave slows down opposing Pokemon, making it a good move to stop sweepers from doing their job. Lastly, Togetic can put sweepers and defensive Pokemon alike on timers with the use of Toxic.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs are used to maximize overall bulk while letting Togetic take taking less damage from Stealth Rock. 252 EVs are put into Special Defense and a Calm nature is used to ensure maximized special bulk. An alternate EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD can be used with a Bold nature instead to deal with the numerous Fighting-types in the tier better. Serene Grace is the chosen ability(comma) as Hustle lowers the accuracy of Seismic Toss and Super Luck is incompatible with Defog. Eviolite is the chosen item(comma) as it boosts Togetic's defenses by 50%. (or you can just cut a bit of fluff and say "Eviolite boosts Togetic's defenses by 50%")

Usage Tips
========

Should the listed spread be used, send Togetic in against special attackers it walls, such as Mega Sceptile and non-Iron Tail Hydreigon, and take advantage of them by either crippling them or supporting your Togetic's teammates. Although, if the alternate EV spread is used, be sure to send Togetic in against Fighting-types it can wall, such as Heracross and Machamp, and take advantage of them, but be wary of super effective coverage they tend to carry. Should Togetic and its teammates need entry hazards to be removed, try to use Defog as soon as possible.

Team Options
========

Physical walls, such as Hippowdon and Suicune, make for good partners if the listed EV spread is in use(comma) as they can wall the various physical attackers that threaten Togetic. Should the alternative EV spread be used(comma) however, special walls, such as Blissey and Snorlax, (optional: remove those two commas, just because there are a lot of commas here lol. although, if all special walls are good partners for Togetic, you should probably keep the commas.) make for optimal partners(comma) as they can deal with the special attackers that trouble Togetic. Pokemon that appreciate entry hazard removal, such as Moltres and Fletchinder, value Togetic as a teammate. Bulky Steel-types, such as Forretress and Mega Aggron, make for good teammates(comma) as they resist or are immune to four of the types Togetic is weak to;, namely Ice-, Rock-, Steel-(comma) and Poison-type (similar to Overview, I think these are okay just as "Ice, Rock," etc).

Nasty Pass
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Special Attack by two stages, making it a good boosting move that makes any special attacker a very dangerous sweeper. Baton Pass allows Togetic to pass a boost into its teammates. Roost gives Togetic a form of reliable recovery, which in turn allows it to pass boosts more than once should it be weakened. Dazzling Gleam is a good STAB attack that allows Togetic to make use of the Nasty Plot boosts itself if need be. Magic Coat(comma) on the other hand(comma) allows Togetic to bounce back support moves such as Taunt and Whirlwind(comma) which would otherwise stop this set from being utilized effectively.

Set Details
========

The given EVs allow Togetic to maximize its special bulk while ensuring Togetic takes minimal damage from Stealth Rock. An alternative EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD with a Relaxed nature can also be used to take on physical attackers. The 0 Speed IVs and Sassy nature allow Togetic to be as slow as possible, ensuring Togetic takes a hit instead of the Baton Pass recipient. An Eviolite is the chosen item(comma) as it boosts Togetic's defenses.

Usage Tips
========

This set should attempt to set up on special attackers Togetic walls and opposing walls and proceed to pass the boosts onto dangerous special attackers such as Mega Sceptile and Speed Boost Yanmega.

Team Options
========

Special attackers that benefit from Togetic passing Nasty Plot boosts, such as Mega Sceptile and Choice Scarf Hydreigon, make for good teammates. Mega Blastoise gets a special mention for not only being a good recipient of a Nasty Plot boost but can also being able to remove Stealth Rock(comma) which hinders Togetic. Physical wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Entei and Choice Band Heracross, also make for good partners(comma) as they effectively remove special walls that stop Togetic's Nasty Plot recipients from effectively sweeping.

Other Options
########

Togetic has access to both Reflect and Light Screen but is unable to utilize them effectively because since it has to hold Eviolite to retain its bulk and therefore cannot hold Light Clay to lengthen the amount number of turns the screens last. An offensive Nasty Plot set is usable but is usually ineffective(comma) as Togetic has mediocre Speed and Special Attack. A Wish set can be used(comma) but due to Togetic's low HP stat, it is unable to heal much of its teammates(apostrophe) HP. Togetic has access to Encore(comma) which allows it to lock foes into a favourable favorable move(comma) but Togetic tends not to have space on any set for it. Lastly, Flamethrower is an option for Togetic as it allows Togetic to hit Steel-types for super effective damage but uses up an important slot for both of its sets.

Checks & Counters
########

**Poison-types**: Poison-types don't worry much about any move Togetic uses, bar Thunder Wave, and can either OHKO or 2HKO with a powerful STAB move. Nidoqueen and Nidoking get a special mention for being immune to Thunder Wave.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types, such as Magneton and Doublade, can easily switch into any move Togetic uses and proceed to 2HKO with a powerful STAB move.

**Wallbreakers**: Wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Rotom-C, don't worry too much about any of Togetic's moves(comma) while they can either OHKO, 2HKO, or force it out due to their powerful STAB attacks.

**Phazers**: Pokemon with access to phazing moves, such as Clear Smog Amoonguss, Haze Tentacruel, and Whirlwind Hippowdon, can stop Togetic's Nasty Plot set from being utilized effectively, but they don't really affect the Support set.

Kreme

GP 1/2
add remove comment

nice job, just remember to put a comma before "as" if it means "because"!
Overview
########

Togetic finds a niche in ORAS UU with a unique Fairy / Flying typing that gives it resistances or immunities to some of UU's common offensive types in Fighting-, Dark-, Bug-, Ground- and Dragon-type (I think this one would be okay with just "Fighting, Dark, Bug, Ground, and Dragon" because you specified that they were types earlier, but it's fine either way). Despite Togetic's base defenses looking mediocre at best, it is they can be boosted by Eviolite. Furthermore, Togetic gets has a good variety of support moves, such as Defog and Wish, at its disposal.

Togetic isn't without faults, however, as it is a very passive Pokemon whose highest attacking stat is its base 80 Special Attack. Togetic is also unable to utilize any of its abilities to full extent(comma) as Hustle is unusable due Togetic's low Attack stat, Serene Grace isn't too useful without access to a flinch-inducing move, and Super Luck is, as the name implies, very luck(dash)based.

Support
########

Moves
========

This set allows Togetic to function as an entry hazard remover as well as overall supporter depending on its last move. Seismic Toss allows Togetic to damage opponents foes consistently, chipping away 100 HP with each hit. Dazzling Gleam(comma) on the other hand(comma) isn't as consistent but is a good STAB attack that allows Togetic to effectively KO Dragon- and Fighting-types(comma) among others. Roost allows Togetic to reliably recover HP, which is essential for any wall. Defog removes entry hazards from the field, making it a good support move(comma) as it prevents Togetic and its teammates from being worn down by Stealth Rock among and other entry hazards. Heal Bell allows Togetic to act as a cleric, removing status from itself as well as its teammates. Thunder Wave slows down opposing Pokemon, making it a good move to stop sweepers from doing their job. Lastly, Togetic can put sweepers and defensive Pokemon alike on timers with the use of Toxic.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs are used to maximize overall bulk while letting Togetic take taking less damage from Stealth Rock. 252 EVs are put into Special Defense and a Calm nature is used to ensure maximized special bulk. An alternate EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD can be used with a Bold nature instead to deal with the numerous Fighting-types in the tier better. Serene Grace is the chosen ability(comma) as Hustle lowers the accuracy of Seismic Toss and Super Luck is incompatible with Defog. Eviolite is the chosen item(comma) as it boosts Togetic's defenses by 50%. (or you can just cut a bit of fluff and say "Eviolite boosts Togetic's defenses by 50%")

Usage Tips
========

Should the listed spread be used, send Togetic in against special attackers it walls, such as Mega Sceptile and non-Iron Tail Hydreigon, and take advantage of them by either crippling them or supporting your Togetic's teammates. Although, if the alternate EV spread is used, be sure to send Togetic in against Fighting-types it can wall, such as Heracross and Machamp, and take advantage of them, but be wary of super effective coverage they tend to carry. Should Togetic and its teammates need entry hazards to be removed, try to use Defog as soon as possible.

Team Options
========

Physical walls, such as Hippowdon and Suicune, make for good partners if the listed EV spread is in use(comma) as they can wall the various physical attackers that threaten Togetic. Should the alternative EV spread be used(comma) however, special walls, such as Blissey and Snorlax, (optional: remove those two commas, just because there are a lot of commas here lol. although, if all special walls are good partners for Togetic, you should probably keep the commas.) make for optimal partners(comma) as they can deal with the special attackers that trouble Togetic. Pokemon that appreciate entry hazard removal, such as Moltres and Fletchinder, value Togetic as a teammate. Bulky Steel-types, such as Forretress and Mega Aggron, make for good teammates(comma) as they resist or are immune to four of the types Togetic is weak to;, namely Ice-, Rock-, Steel-(comma) and Poison-type (similar to Overview, I think these are okay just as "Ice, Rock," etc).

Nasty Pass
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Special Attack by two stages, making it a good boosting move that makes any special attacker a very dangerous sweeper. Baton Pass allows Togetic to pass a boost into its teammates. Roost gives Togetic a form of reliable recovery, which in turn allows it to pass boosts more than once should it be weakened. Dazzling Gleam is a good STAB attack that allows Togetic to make use of the Nasty Plot boosts itself if need be. Magic Coat(comma) on the other hand(comma) allows Togetic to bounce back support moves such as Taunt and Whirlwind(comma) which would otherwise stop this set from being utilized effectively.

Set Details
========

The given EVs allow Togetic to maximize its special bulk while ensuring Togetic takes minimal damage from Stealth Rock. An alternative EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD with a Relaxed nature can also be used to take on physical attackers. The 0 Speed IVs and Sassy nature allow Togetic to be as slow as possible, ensuring Togetic takes a hit instead of the Baton Pass recipient. An Eviolite is the chosen item(comma) as it boosts Togetic's defenses.

Usage Tips
========

This set should attempt to set up on special attackers Togetic walls and opposing walls and proceed to pass the boosts onto dangerous special attackers such as Mega Sceptile and Speed Boost Yanmega.

Team Options
========

Special attackers that benefit from Togetic passing Nasty Plot boosts, such as Mega Sceptile and Choice Scarf Hydreigon, make for good teammates. Mega Blastoise gets a special mention for not only being a good recipient of a Nasty Plot boost but can also being able to remove Stealth Rock(comma) which hinders Togetic. Physical wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Entei and Choice Band Heracross, also make for good partners(comma) as they effectively remove special walls that stop Togetic's Nasty Plot recipients from effectively sweeping.

Other Options
########

Togetic has access to both Reflect and Light Screen but is unable to utilize them effectively because since it has to hold Eviolite to retain its bulk and therefore cannot hold Light Clay to lengthen the amount number of turns the screens last. An offensive Nasty Plot set is usable but is usually ineffective(comma) as Togetic has mediocre Speed and Special Attack. A Wish set can be used(comma) but due to Togetic's low HP stat, it is unable to heal much of its teammates(apostrophe) HP. Togetic has access to Encore(comma) which allows it to lock foes into a favourable favorable move(comma) but Togetic tends not to have space on any set for it. Lastly, Flamethrower is an option for Togetic as it allows Togetic to hit Steel-types for super effective damage but uses up an important slot for both of its sets.

Checks & Counters
########

**Wallbreakers**: Wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Rotom-C, don't worry too much about any of Togetic's moves(comma) while they can either OHKO, 2HKO, or force it out due to their powerful STAB attacks.

**Phazers**: Pokemon with access to phazing moves, such as Clear Smog Amoonguss, Haze Tentacruel, and Whirlwind Hippowdon, can stop Togetic's Nasty Plot set from being utilized effectively, but they don't really affect the Support set.
OK thanks for the check.

Well if most of them have matchup you should still mention them ; again from experience using Toge in RU, not letting it fog away hazards means it's always taking SR damage (which limits its walling, makes it easy to double-switch to death) and means its team support is limited to Heal Bell and walling hit (both of which are harder when SR is up)
Regarding this, I didn't implement it since honestly speaking Togetic wouldn't ever be trying to Defog on the Pokes that have matchup anyway so I don't see the point tbh. You're right in the fact SR makes Togetic's job that much harder but it has quite a lot of opportunities to do this job on other Pokemon.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove
add (Capitalize)

(comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
Overview
########

Togetic finds a niche in ORAS UU with a unique Fairy / Flying typing that gives it resistances or immunities to some of UU's common offensive types in Fighting, Dark, Bug, Ground and Dragon. Despite Togetic's base defenses looking mediocre at best, they can be boosted by Eviolite. Furthermore, Togetic gets has a good variety of support moves, such as Defog and Wish, at its disposal.

Togetic isn't without faults, however, as it is a very passive Pokemon whose highest attacking stat is its mediocre base 80 Special Attack. Togetic is also unable to utilize any of its abilities to full extent, as Hustle is unusable due Togetic's low Attack stat, Serene Grace isn't too useful without access to a flinch-inducing move, and Super Luck is, as the name implies, very luck-based.

Support
########

Moves
========

This set allows Togetic to function as an entry hazard remover as well as an overall support Pokemon depending on its last move. Seismic Toss allows Togetic to damage foes consistently, chipping away 100 HP with each hit. Dazzling Gleam, on the other hand, isn't as consistent but is a good STAB attack that allows Togetic to effectively KO Dragon- and Fighting-types, among others. Roost allows Togetic to reliably recover HP, which is essential for any wall. Defog removes entry hazards from the field, making it a good support move, as it prevents Togetic and its teammates from being worn down by Stealth Rock and other entry hazards. Heal Bell allows Togetic to act as a cleric, removing status from itself as well as its teammates. Thunder Wave slows down opposing Pokemon, making it a good move to stop sweepers from doing their job. Lastly, Togetic can put sweepers and defensive Pokemon alike on timers with the use of Toxic.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs are used to maximize overall bulk while letting Togetic take less damage from Stealth Rock. 252 Special Defense EVs are put into Special Defense and a Calm nature is are (less awkward) used to ensure maximized special bulk. An alternate EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD can be used with a Bold nature instead to deal with the numerous Fighting-types in the tier better. Serene Grace is the chosen ability, as Hustle lowers the accuracy of Seismic Toss and Super Luck is incompatible with Defog. Eviolite boosts Togetic's defenses by 50%.

Usage Tips
========

Should the listed spread be used, send Togetic in against special attackers it walls, such as Mega Sceptile and non-Iron Tail Hydreigon, and take advantage of them by either crippling them or supporting Togetic's teammates. Although However, ('although' isn't an adverb) if the alternate EV spread is used, be sure to send Togetic in against Fighting-types it can wall, such as Heracross and Machamp, and take advantage of them, but be wary of super effective coverage moves they tend to carry. Should Togetic and its teammates need entry hazards removed, try to use Defog as soon as possible.

Team Options
========

Physical walls, such as Hippowdon and Suicune, make for good partners if the listed EV spread is in use, as they can wall the various physical attackers that threaten Togetic. Should the alternative EV spread be used, however, special walls, such as Blissey and Snorlax, make for optimal partners, as they can deal with the special attackers that trouble Togetic. Pokemon that appreciate entry hazard removal, such as Moltres and Fletchinder, value Togetic as a teammate. Bulky Steel-types, such as Forretress and Mega Aggron, make for good teammates, as they resist or are immune to four of the types Togetic is weak to, namely Ice, Rock, Steel, (AC) and Poison.

Nasty Pass
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Special Attack by two stages, making it a good boosting move that makes any special attacker a very dangerous sweeper. Baton Pass allows Togetic to pass a boost into its teammates. Roost gives Togetic a form of reliable recovery, which in turn allows it to pass boosts more than once should it be weakened. Dazzling Gleam is a good STAB attack that allows Togetic to make use of the Nasty Plot boosts itself if need be. Magic Coat, on the other hand, allows Togetic to bounce back support moves such as Taunt and Whirlwind, which would otherwise stop this set from being utilized effectively.

Set Details
========

The given EVs allow Togetic to maximize its special bulk while ensuring Togetic takes minimal damage from Stealth Rock. An alternative EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD with a Relaxed nature can also be used to take on physical attackers. The 0 Speed IVs and Sassy nature allow Togetic to be as slow as possible, ensuring Togetic takes a hit instead of the Baton Pass recipient. An Eviolite is the chosen item, as it boosts Togetic's defenses.

Usage Tips
========

This set should attempt to set up on special attackers Togetic walls and opposing walls and proceed to pass the boosts to dangerous special attackers such as Mega Sceptile and Speed Boost Yanmega.

Team Options
========

Special attackers that benefit from Togetic passing Nasty Plot boosts, such as Mega Sceptile and Choice Scarf Hydreigon, make for good teammates. Mega Blastoise gets a special mention for not only being a good recipient of a Nasty Plot boost but also being able to remove Stealth Rock, which hinders Togetic. Physical wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Entei and Choice Band Heracross, also make for good partners, as they effectively remove special walls that stop Togetic's Nasty Plot recipients from effectively sweeping.

Other Options
########

Togetic has access to both Reflect and Light Screen but is unable to utilize them effectively because it has to hold Eviolite to retain its bulk and therefore cannot hold Light Clay to lengthen the number of turns the screens last. An offensive Nasty Plot set is usable but is usually ineffective, as Togetic has mediocre Speed and Special Attack. A Wish set can be used, but due to Togetic's low HP stat, it is unable to heal much of its teammates' HP. Togetic has access to Encore, which allows it to lock foes into a favorable move, but Togetic tends not to have space on any set for it. Lastly, Flamethrower allows Togetic to hit Steel-types for super effective damage but uses up an important slot for both of its sets.

Checks & Counters
########

**Wallbreakers**: Wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Rotom-C, don't worry too much about any of Togetic's moves, while they can either OHKO, 2HKO, or force it out due to their powerful STAB attacks.

**Haze Users and Phazers**: Pokemon with access to phazing moves that can remove stat boosts, (Clear Smog and Haze aren't phazing moves; as for the tag, not confident on that one but I /think/ it's acceptable to lump CS together with Haze and it would sound terrible otherwise lol) such as Clear Smog Amoonguss, Haze Tentacruel, and Whirlwind Hippowdon, can stop Togetic's Nasty Plot set from being utilized effectively, but they don't really affect the support set.

GP 2/2

Last edited:

Kreme

remove
add (Capitalize)

(comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
Overview
########

Togetic finds a niche in ORAS UU with a unique Fairy / Flying typing that gives it resistances or immunities to some of UU's common offensive types in Fighting, Dark, Bug, Ground and Dragon. Despite Togetic's base defenses looking mediocre at best, they can be boosted by Eviolite. Furthermore, Togetic gets has a good variety of support moves, such as Defog and Wish, at its disposal.

Support
########

Moves
========

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs are used to maximize overall bulk while letting Togetic take less damage from Stealth Rock. 252 Special Defense EVs are put into Special Defense and a Calm nature is are (less awkward) used to ensure maximized special bulk. An alternate EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD can be used with a Bold nature instead to deal with the numerous Fighting-types in the tier better. Serene Grace is the chosen ability, as Hustle lowers the accuracy of Seismic Toss and Super Luck is incompatible with Defog. Eviolite boosts Togetic's defenses by 50%.

Usage Tips
========

Should the listed spread be used, send Togetic in against special attackers it walls, such as Mega Sceptile and non-Iron Tail Hydreigon, and take advantage of them by either crippling them or supporting Togetic's teammates. Although However, ('although' isn't an adverb) if the alternate EV spread is used, be sure to send Togetic in against Fighting-types it can wall, such as Heracross and Machamp, and take advantage of them, but be wary of super effective coverage moves they tend to carry. Should Togetic and its teammates need entry hazards removed, try to use Defog as soon as possible.

Team Options
========

Physical walls, such as Hippowdon and Suicune, make for good partners if the listed EV spread is in use, as they can wall the various physical attackers that threaten Togetic. Should the alternative EV spread be used, however, special walls, such as Blissey and Snorlax, make for optimal partners, as they can deal with the special attackers that trouble Togetic. Pokemon that appreciate entry hazard removal, such as Moltres and Fletchinder, value Togetic as a teammate. Bulky Steel-types, such as Forretress and Mega Aggron, make for good teammates, as they resist or are immune to four of the types Togetic is weak to, namely Ice, Rock, Steel, (AC) and Poison.

Nasty Pass
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Special Attack by two stages, making it a good boosting move that makes any special attacker a very dangerous sweeper. Baton Pass allows Togetic to pass a boost into its teammates. Roost gives Togetic a form of reliable recovery, which in turn allows it to pass boosts more than once should it be weakened. Dazzling Gleam is a good STAB attack that allows Togetic to make use of the Nasty Plot boosts itself if need be. Magic Coat, on the other hand, allows Togetic to bounce back support moves such as Taunt and Whirlwind, which would otherwise stop this set from being utilized effectively.

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

Other Options
########

Checks & Counters
########

**Haze Users and Phazers**: Pokemon with access to phazing moves that can remove stat boosts, (Clear Smog and Haze aren't phazing moves; as for the tag, not confident on that one but I /think/ it's acceptable to lump CS together with Haze and it would sound terrible otherwise lol) such as Clear Smog Amoonguss, Haze Tentacruel, and Whirlwind Hippowdon, can stop Togetic's Nasty Plot set from being utilized effectively, but they don't really affect the support set.

GP 2/2
Thanks for the check, this is ready for upload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)