Togetic (QC 2/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Overview
########

Togetic's unique typing gives it some handy resistances, such as its resistances to Dark and Bug, as well as its 4x resistance to Fighting. Its good bulk, coupled with an Eviolite, allows Togetic to provide its team with invaluable support, sporting a variety of support moves and nifty coverage options; its access to Defog allows for easy hazard removal as well. However, Togetic to does possess little offensive presence and, due to its Flying-type, is weak to Stealth Rock, which hinders its ability to consistently switch in.

Support
########
name: Support
move 1: Defog
move 2: Dazzling Gleam / Seismic Toss
move 3: Roost
move 4: Heal Bell / Thunder Wave / Baton Pass
ability: Serene Grace
item: Eviolite
evs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Defog allows Togetic to support its team with entry hazard removal, opening up space for Stealth Rock-weak sweepers, such as Scyther and Sneasel, to switch in later. Dazzling Gleam is Togetic's most reliable STAB option, hitting most Pokemon for decent damage. Seismic Toss is a more consistent source of damage, preventing foes from setting up Substitutes in Togetic's face. Roost is a reliable means of recovery with a solid amount of PP. Heal Bell allows Togetic to act as a cleric, ridding its teammates of status afflictions. Thunder Wave is a great support option, crippling opposing offensive Pokemon and allowing Togetic's teammates to outspeed said Pokemon. Baton Pass allows for Togetic to switch out slowly, allowing the user to scout what the opponent may have switch in and choose their own Pokemon accordingly; it also allows an ally to switch in unscathed. Flamethrower is a solid secondary coverage move, allowing Togetic to wear down Steel- and Grass/Poison-types that resist Dazzling Gleam, preventing them from staying in too long.

Set Details
========

The EVs accentuate Togetic's impressive bulk, maximizing its durability, longevity, and supporting capabilities. A Bold nature increases Togetic's Defense stat and decreases Togetic's Attack stat, which is unused in this set. Eviolite is the premier item for a defensive NFE Pokemon such as Togetic, boosting its defensive stats by 1.5x. Serene Grace is the chosen ability, as it doesn't conflict with the usage of Defog.

Usage Tips
========

Togetic can switch into a variety of moves and Pokemon, so bring it in on one of the aforementioned and support Togetic's teammates with Defog or Heal Bell. Roost should be used frequently, as Togetic will be taking hits and it lacks Leftovers; however, Togetic shouldn't overstay its welcome on the battlefield due to its lack of a real offensive presence, making it easy prey for setup sweepers.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that compliment Togetic nicely are those that resist its weaknesses or are comfortable taking strong attacks, and benefit from Wish and Heal Bell, such as Avalugg, Camerupt, and Piloswine. Lickilicky is a great partner as not only does it pair nicely with Togetic in terms of typing, but the standard Lickilicky runs Heal Bell, freeing up a moveslot for Togetic. Klang is also a nice option, as it resists Togetic's weaknesses and can provide one's team with a solid win condition.

NastyPass
########
name: NastyPass
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Roost
move 4: Dazzling Gleam
ability: Serene Grace
item: Eviolite
evs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Togetic's Special Attack which can be transferred to an ally, allowing said ally to effectively sweep the opposing team. Baton Pass is essential and allows Togetic to transfer the boosts gained via Nasty Plot to an ally sweeper. Roost is a reliable recovery option and its secondary effect of neutralizing Togetic's Flying-type can be handy for dodging incoming super effective hits. Dazzling Gleam is the main STAB of choice and provides Togetic with a reliable means of damaging an opponent, along with preventing Togetic from being entirely susceptible to Taunt; it can also become an extremely potent move after one or two Nasty Plots, should Togetic decide to stay in.

Set Details
========

The EVs are focused solely on bulk, as Togetic's duty as a Baton Passer doesn't require a large offensive presence, and are aimed at maximizing Togetic's durability. A Bold nature increases Togetic's Defense stat while simultaneously decreasing its Attack stat, a stat that Togetic makes no use of. Eviolite is a fantastic item, multiplying both of Togetic's defensive stats by 1.5x and boosting its bulk to incredibly respectful levels. The ability doesn't have any effect on Togetic's in-game capabilities, so Serene Grace is chosen simply to an ability.

Usage Tips
========

Togetic's Baton Passing potential is utilized to the fullest when it is brought in on a Pokemon that really can't touch it, such as Poliwrath, so that it can proceed to boost and pass the boosted stats. Although it doesn't enjoy taking super effective hits, Togetic has very solid bulk, allowing it to live most super effective hits. Togetic is quite slow, which is handy for getting off a slow Baton Pass and bringing in a sweeper unscathed. The best time to Baton Pass to a recipient is when the opponent switches out their Pokemon, as not only does this safely pass the Special Attack boost from Nasty Plot to an ally, but it also allows for the user to bring in the appropriate Pokemon to deal with the opponent's new active Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Baton Pass Pokemon need capable receivers in order to function effectively and Togetic is no different. Raichu, Haunter, Kadabra, Swanna and Frogadier are all prime examples of Pokemon willing to receive a Nasty Plot due to their already good Special Attack stats and workable Speed stats. Togetic won't always be in the premier position to Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, so it will most likely switch in more than once; therefore, Pokemon that can remove entry hazards, such as Avalugg, are much appreciated. Pokemon that resist Togetic's weaknesses, the most prevalent of which are Electric- and Ice-type attacks, are great partners as well; prime examples are Steel-type Pokemon, as Togetic resists Fighting-type attacks, pairing nicely with Steel-types.

Other Options
########

Togetic can run a different Nasty Plot set, and, instead of Baton Passing to an ally, make use of it for itself, with a solid special movepool consisting of options like Psychic, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball and Ancient Power. Yawn is a unique option, forcing opposing Pokemon to switch or fall asleep, essentially opening up a free turn for Togetic. Magic Coat is a neat way to shield Togetic from status and cripple the opponent, or bounce back entry hazards.

Checks & Counters
########

**Poison-types**: Togetic cannot touch Poison-types with Dazzling Gleam, and if they aren't Grass-type as well, Fire Blast doesn't do significant damage. Garbodor especially can be an issue, as it can use Togetic to set up entry hazards.

**Taunt**: Togetic relies on its support capabilities to function effectively, so having that aspect neutralized severely hampers what Togetic can do.

**Steel-types**: If Togetic lacks Flamethrower, Steel-types can be quite problematic. Pokemon such as Metang, Lairon and Bastiodon take little to nothing from a Dazzling Gleam and can set up Stealth Rock when Togetic switches out.

**Knock Off**: Although resisted, Knock Off removes Togetic's Eviolite, thus severely dampening its ability to take a hit.

**Bulky Setup Sweepers**: Pokemon such as Carracosta and Bouffalant can set up on Togetic with relative ease and subsequently hit it with boosted STAB attacks.

**Ice-types**: Ice-type Pokemon can threaten Togetic with their super effective STAB attacks. Avalugg is a prime example, as not only can it abuse its STAB moves, but it can also set up Stealth Rock, forcing Togetic to choose between hazard removal and HP preservation.

**Rock-types**: Similar to Ice-type Pokemon, Rock-types can abuse their STAB moves to threaten Togetic. Most Rock-types can also set up Stealth Rock, once again forcing Togetic to choose between hazard removal and conserving its HP.

**Electric-types**: Most Electric-type Pokemon, such as Raichu and Zebstrika, rely on their immense Speed and Special Attack, firing off powerful Thunderbolts, none of which Togetic wants to take. Volt Switch can prove even more of an issue, as the opponent instantly gains momentum if Togetic switches out.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]
this seems a bit lacking, im not really getting anything about how it plays in the meta add in a line about that
add in defog

[Usage Tips, NastyPass]
You dont tell me when I should try and pass a nasty plot to a teammate, what Pokemon I should try to set up against.

[Team Options]
This is barren of Togetic's most important teammates its nasty pass recipients

[Set, Support]
Remove Fire Blast and slash Flamethrower, Togetic wants the extra PP and not to miss

[Usage Tips]
Mention what sort of pokemon Togetic likes to switch into
This needs at least 2-3 more bullet points on how to use Togetic

[Team Options]
This is pretty much empty add in 2-3 more lines of Pokemon that Togetic likes to have as teammates on a defensive / balance team

[Other Options]
Remove Dual Screens Eviolite is absolutely needed on Togetic
Add in Yawn, can force switches etc. etc.

[C&C]
This is pretty small right now, try and think of some more checks/counters. Ill give you one, removal of eviolite, Togetic really dislikes having its eviolite removed.

Hi Champion Fizz, very solod job on this analysis I must say
I have a couple of things i'd like you to implement before I give you a check though

The first thing is not a big deal really but me and some other qc member think that h
The order of the sets should be swapped.

Secondly I think that Wish should be removed from the support set as Togetic isn't really a good wishpasser with its mediocre HP stat so Roost should be the only option. I am also iffy on fire blast slashed and i'd like to see Seismic Toss slashed after Dazzling Gleam as it prevents set up from most substitute users and gleam does nothing anyway bar against scraggy.
I also feel Baton Pass should get a moves mention on that set too :)

Finally you should add some receivers to the BP set. Good examples include Swanna, Raichu, Frogadier, Haunter, etc.

Do this and tag me

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi Champion Fizz, very solod job on this analysis I must say
I have a couple of things i'd like you to implement before I give you a check though

The first thing is not a big deal really but me and some other qc member think that h
The order of the sets should be swapped.

Secondly I think that Wish should be removed from the support set as Togetic isn't really a good wishpasser with its mediocre HP stat so Roost should be the only option. I am also iffy on fire blast slashed and i'd like to see Seismic Toss slashed after Dazzling Gleam as it prevents set up from most substitute users and gleam does nothing anyway bar against scraggy.
I also feel Baton Pass should get a moves mention on that set too :)

Finally you should add some receivers to the BP set. Good examples include Swanna, Raichu, Frogadier, Haunter, etc.

Do this and tag me
Implemented this stuff. I feel like the usage tips and team options on the support set are too minimal, so do you have any advice on what I could add there? galbia
Also incorporated most of the stuff Mont said and I plan on adding the rest after I figure out how to incorporate it.

Reactions: g
Implemented this stuff. I feel like the usage tips and team options on the support set are too minimal, so do you have any advice on what I could add there? galbia
Also incorporated most of the stuff Mont said and I plan on adding the rest after I figure out how to incorporate it.
You could mention for example on the first set that you should try to keep togetic healthy by using roost frequently as it doesn't have leftovers
Also you could say that togetic shouldn't stay on the field for too much as it is quite easy to set up on it as it does minimal damage and can quickly become setup fodder
Also mention some of the pokemon it walls

For team options Lickilicky is a fantastic partner as it has great synergy and frees up the heal bell slot.
Steel types like Klang are also great on stall teams as it resists Togetic's weaknesses and provides a win condition for the team.
Camerupt is another good one you mentioned

Implement those for now, i'll check tomorrow

[19:31] Peef Rimgar: did you already implement galb and mont's checks
[19:32] Mambo: yeah, but i didnt really consider them checks cuz they didnt say anything like "qc 1/3"
[19:33] Mambo: i'll probably bug them later to look it over
[19:34] Peef Rimgar: uhh add fire blast over flamethrower bc power (unless you have a significant reason why not to use it) and you've got 1/3
[19:35] Mambo: kk mont said flamethrower > fire blast
[19:35] Mambo: lol
[19:36] Peef Rimgar: i feel like it might miss kos though
[19:36] Peef Rimgar: idk mont probably knows better than i do
[19:36] Mambo: lol
[19:36] Mambo: so fthrower > fblast?
[19:36] Peef Rimgar: remove fire blast from the desc of steels in c&c then
[19:36] Peef Rimgar: yeah ig
[19:36] Mambo: kk

QC 1/3

C&C needs a lot of improvement

Mention bulky setup sweepers such as Bouffalant/Carracosta/serperior who can set up on it and destroy with stab moves
Mention ice, electric and rock types who put enormous pressure on togetic with their stab moves
electric types in particular are a pain due to volt switch and notable rock and ice types are also hazards setters and they basically "stop" togetic from defogging if it doesnt want to die.
Would also mention knock off maybe

do this and 2/3

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mambo

Overview:
- Grass is a really good thing that Togetic resists, too (Bug isn't nearly as relevant as this)
- Talk more about what it does rather than what it has: you can say that it is a good pivot for bulky offense / balance / stall that can also clear hazards

SUPPORT

Set:
- Move Flamethrower down to Moves: the other support options are better most of the time

Moves:
- Flamethrower is pretty weak to hit them so you can just say that it wears them down and prevents the Steels from staying in too long
- Mention that Baton Pass gives teammates a safe switch-in without teammate taking damage
- Don't need to say that Roost removes the Electric and Ice weaknesses because Togetic is usually slower

Set Details:
- Is there any reason to split the EVs? If so, please mention it here.
- Probably no need to mention Flamethrower burn because it's a move you rarely use anyway, plus the ability isn't so important as long as it's legal with Defog

Usage Tips:
- Remove Wish
- Expand more on when to use the moves. For example, Baton Pass when you anticipate a switch or when you want to bring in something safely, Thunder Wave when you expect something fast switching in, etc

Team Options:
- Togetic doesn't have Wish so don't mention benefitting from Wish
- You list a lot of stall teammates here. You probably could go with some more Pokemon. For example, you could talk about Ninetales as a Pokemon that takes on most Ice-types and appreciates Defog.

NASTYPASS

Moves:
- Mention Fire Blast to take care of Steel-types for teammates

Set Details:
- Why this particular EV spread?
- No need to mention that ability if it isn't that significant :o

Usage Tips:
- Don't use Poliwrath as an example because it commonly uses Circle Throw. Other examples you could raise are Tangela, Purugly, Avalugg, and the like.
- Mention that Togetic can dry pass when it isn't ready to set up yet.
- I don't think the best time to BP is necessarily when they switch out. I can't think of many situations when something would let you use NP and then switch out. Instead you could say something like Togetic can Baton Pass, take a hit, and choose an appropriate Pokemon that can sweep from there.

Team Options:
- You can mention that Pokemon that resist Togetic's weaknesses are really good because they are often able to threaten the Pokemon that like to switch into Togetic after receiving the boosts

Other Options:
- Put Wish here

Checks and Counters:

Poison-types: Flamethrower, not Fire Blast.

Taunt: You can name some, such as Vigoroth, Haunter, and Misdreavus

Ice-types: Avalugg doesn't get SR. I think you mean Piloswine

Reactions: g
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)