Togetic [QC 3/3] Written [GP 2/2]

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
(100th post woop)

Overview
########

Togetic's unique Fairy / Flying typing, great mixed defenses with Eviolite, and access to reliable recovery all blend together into a very bulky Defogger. With access to great utility moves in Encore, Heal Bell, and Baton Pass, Togetic can support its team outside of just Defog. Togetic also has the ability to run a Nasty Plot + Baton Pass set, allowing it to pass multiple Special Attack boosts to its teammates. It should be noted, however, that Togetic has virtually no offensive presence whatsoever, and its great bulk is also severely crippled by Stealth Rock and is overly reliant on Eviolite. Finally, Togetic's options for abilities are terrible, as Super Luck is incompatible with Defog and Hustle and Serene Grace are entirely worthless.

Defensive Defogger
########
name: Defensive Defogger
move 1: Defog
move 2: Roost
move 3: Dazzling Gleam / Seismic Toss
move 4: Baton Pass / Toxic / Heal Bell
item: Eviolite
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Defog is, arguably, the move that makes Togetic as viable as it is; being able to blow away entry hazards is a great asset to just about any team. Roost provides reliable recovery which allows Togetic to stick around for much longer. Dazzling Gleam breaks offensive Mismagius's Substitute and has a chance to 3HKO Malamar, but running it makes it even easier for Steel- and Poison-types to switch into Togetic. Due to Togetic's low offensive stats, Seismic Toss can be a nice option for handing out static damage to most particularly bulky Pokemon such as Probopass, Vileplume, and Rhydon. Baton Pass is a great option to have for balance teams that thrive off momentum, as you can see which Pokemon your opponent has switched in and choose your response accordingly. Toxic is a great option for racking up passive damage on Pokemon such as Pyroar, Magmortar, Mesprit, and Quagsire that try to find free opportunities to switch in against Togetic. However, running Toxic typically makes Togetic lose a lot of momentum versus Poison- and Steel- types. Togetic, like most Eviolite users, is whittled down quickly by Toxic and burns, so Heal Bell can be a neat asset to have around to remove a lot of the pressure of status, and is one of the most passive options. Finally, Encore punishes setup sweepers that try to take advantage of Togetic, such as Leafeon and Samurott, though in most cases it is probably more useful to just Baton Pass or switch to a teammate that can KO the setup sweeper. Encore should only really be considered an option if your team has a severe weakness to most setup sweepers.

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs give Togetic the most health possible while still letting it switch into Stealth Rock four times. The remaining 252 Defense EVs with a Bold nature capitalize on Togetic's ability to switch into Fighting- and Dark-types such as Sawk, Liepard, and Malamar, especially because Togetic is one of Malamar's safest switch-ins. Eviolite ensures Togetic has the most bulk possible, and the choice of ability is irrelevant as Super Luck is incompatible with Defog.

Usage Tips
========

Togetic is only good for sitting there, taking abuse, and removing entry hazards while gaining momentum; if all Togetic can do in a match is Defog, take advantage of that. One of Togetic's main advantages over most other Defoggers in the tier is its ability to stick around for so long. Try to keep it at a high amount of HP so Togetic can use Defog as many times as possible through out the match. Togetic's reliance on its item can often times be a hindrance on its ability to switch into the Pokemon it needs to. Sawk, Hariyama, and Liepard all commonly carry Knock Off and if you need Togetic to be bulky enough to pivot around with, you might want to play it more cautiously to preserve its precious item.

Team Options
========

Any Pokemon that appreciates Stealth Rock being cleared from the field is a great teammate for Togetic. Magmortar, Focus Sash users, Archeops, and many more all benefit greatly from Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Sticky Web being removed from the field. Steel-types and Rock-types are problems for Togetic, so some good offensive options to punish these switch-ins can be Gurdurr, Sawk, or other offensive Fighting-types. Claydol and Quagsire are great partners for Togetic as they handle most Steel-, Poison-, and Rock-types, along with a handful of Electric-types, all of which can threaten Togetic; similarly, Togetic handles most Grass-types for these two. Ferroseed appreciates the solid Fighting-type switch-in and is a great answer to Pokemon such as Pawniard, Rhydon, and Archeops, which all give Togetic problems.

NastyPass
########
name: NastyPass
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Dazzling Gleam / Fire Blast
move 4: Roost
ability: Super Luck
evs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe

Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Togetic's Special Attack by two stages; combined with Baton Pass, it allows Togetic to give one of its teammates a powerful buff. Dazzling Gleam has the highest Base Power out of Togetic's offensive movepool for the lowest risk, whereas Fire Blast can be used as another offensive option to hit Steel-types such as Pawniard and Ferroseed. Roost provides Togetic with recovery so it can stick around for as long as possible to set up as effectively as possible.

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs are used to maximize Togetic's overall bulk and still allow it to switch into Stealth Rock four times. 84 Speed EVs are used to outspeed uninvested base 50 Speed Pokemon, letting Togetic Baton Pass to avoid Sleep Powder from Vileplume, Gunk Shot from Muk, and Encore from Audino. The remaining 172 Defense EVs and Bold nature ensure Togetic can still switch in and set up on Pokemon such as Gurdurr and Liepard. Eviolite gives Togetic as much bulk as possible to set up with and Baton Pass to its teammates.

Usage Tips
========

Togetic can be played as an extension of your win condition for a game. While Togetic is useful for causing damage to your opponent's team mid-game, it has the bulk and longevity to stick around for late-game, where it can Baton Pass a Nasty Plot boost to your win condition. Togetic's great bulk lets it set up Nasty Plots on a lot of common offensive Pokemon such as Sawk, Primeape, Liepard, Cacturne, and Lilligant. A lot of defensive Pokemon are complete setup fodder for Togetic; as long as they don't carry Taunt or Sleep Powder, Togetic will typically find itself in a favorable position. Remember that using Nasty Plot and Baton Pass takes two turns, and that just because Togetic can use Nasty Plot doesn't mean it should. Your opponent has the liberty to switch out Togetic's would-be setup fodder into a Pokemon more threatening to Togetic or its Baton Pass recipient.

Team Options
========

Togetic's weakness to Stealth Rock greatly cuts into its impressive bulk, so Defog or Rapid Spin users such as Mantine and Sandslash are great teammates. Special attackers such as Ludicolo, Pyroar, Choice Specs Swellow, and Rotom appreciate a +2 or even +4 Special Attack boost from Togetic's Baton Pass. Xatu is a very notable teammate to receive boosts because Magic Guard can block Roar and Whirlwind, which would force out any other receiver.

Other Options
########

A more offensive spread of 252 HP /164 Def / 92 SpA can be used on Togetic's defensive set if it is your only stop to Malamar in order to always 3HKO specially defensive RestTalk Malamar. An offensive set with Fire Blast or Flamethrower can be utilized on the NastyPass set to hit defensive Steel-types which Togetic baits in, as a Fire Blast from +2 252 SpA Modest Togetic KOes every Steel-type in the tier bar Probopass. A more specially defensive spread can be utilized if you want Togetic to switch into more specially oriented threats to use Defog.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types**: Togetic struggles against Steel-types, which resist Dazzling Gleam and cannot be poisoned. Klinklang and Probopass are two very common Steel-types that have no fear switching of into Togetic.

**Poison-types**: Muk, Garbodor, Weezing, and other Poison-types all pummel Togetic with STAB Poison attacks that wear it down quickly.

**Residual Damage**: Thanks to its lack of Leftovers, Togetic is easily worn down by Toxic, burn, and even sandstorm.

**Setup Sweepers**: Due to Togetic's low offenses, many sweepers, such as Jynx, Klinklang, and Xatu, can set up on Togetic, as long as they have a reliable move to hit it with.

**Super Effective Coverage**: Thunderbolt Magmortar, Stone Edge Archeops, and Ice Beam Samurott are examples of Pokemon that hit Togetic for super effective damage.

**Taunt**: Archeops, Mismagius, and Weezing are examples of Pokemon that can Taunt Togetic to prevent it using any non-attacking move.

Last edited:

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
>useless abilities. at least list Super Luck over Hustle; having a 12% chance to crit with Dazzling Gleam as opposed to 6% isn't amazing, but a lot better than an ability that literally does nothing..
also with how piss-weak togetic is offensively, and with Dazzling Gleams main target (pangoro) no longer in the tier, I'd only mention s-toss on the defog set. 100 damage is probably more than Dazzling Gleam would do on neutral hits anyway :p

edit: rip forgot malamar is even a thing.

fun fact; this entire message was typed out on microsofts on-screen keyboard as mine is broken atm.. :pirate:

Last edited:

Disjunction

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
>useless abilities. at least list Super Luck over Hustle; having a 12% chance to crit with Dazzling Gleam as opposed to 6% isn't amazing, but a lot better than an ability that literally does nothing..
also with how piss-weak togetic is offensively, and with Dazzling Gleams main target (pangoro) no longer in the tier, I'd only mention s-toss on the defog set. 100 damage is probably more than Dazzling Gleam would do on neutral hits anyway :p

fun fact; this entire message was typed out on microsofts on-screen keyboard as mine is broken atm.. :pirate:
I guess I never really thought about Super Luck actually being usable on the NastyPass set cause you can't use it on the Defog set. Will make the mention, thanks.
I'll move D-Gleam into OO and mention anything relating to Ghost types and the small handful of reasons I have listed above unless anyone has objections to that.
also :pirate:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Seismic Toss over Dazzling Gleam makes you unable to break Malamar's resttalking cycle, while Dazzling Gleam is a roll with a chance of 3HKO, so you should actually have D-Gleam mention on the main defensive set, which has very few checks on defensive teams outside of MegaDino so there <_< If you put some remaining EVs in SpA your chances improve drastically. Slight damage increase on bulky targets isn't worth doing less damage to the things you are supposed to check on fully defensive teams.

On more balanced / offensive teams, providing less switch-in vs. Steelix is pretty crucial so Seismic Toss is still deserves its spot on main set, but if that's your primary slash I'd make sure Baton Pass is also the primary option along with it.

You do lose your eviolite but the set here is physically defensive with intention of switching into Fighting- and Dark-type moves, meaning you're expected to lose your Eviolite in most games.

Disjunction

Seismic Toss over Dazzling Gleam makes you unable to break Malamar's resttalking cycle, while Dazzling Gleam is a roll with a chance of 3HKO, so you should actually have D-Gleam mention on the main defensive set, which has very few checks on defensive teams outside of MegaDino so there <_< If you put some remaining EVs in SpA your chances improve drastically. Slight damage increase on bulky targets isn't worth doing less damage to the things you are supposed to check on fully defensive teams.

On more balanced / offensive teams, providing less switch-in vs. Steelix is pretty crucial so Seismic Toss is still deserves its spot on main set, but if that's your primary slash I'd make sure Baton Pass is also the primary option along with it.

You do lose your eviolite but the set here is physically defensive with intention of switching into Fighting- and Dark-type moves, meaning you're expected to lose your Eviolite in most games.
I can make a mention of shifting the SpD EV's into SpA or make a mention of 92 SpA Togetic which is the investment required to 3HKO Malamar 100% of the time. Otherwise, for now, it seems there's enough reason to keep D-gleam out of OO so I'll shift it up onto the main set unless other QC/peeps in general have problems with that.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I agree with reslashing Gleam, it's definitely worth it if you're using it to check Malamar (which you often are)

Also this is pretty minor but I'd make the spread 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD, even with 252 HP you can still switch into SR five times, still lives Typh's Eruption, and hits a jump point in Def.

Idk if Encore should have a full slash, it can just BP out of setup sweepers and bring in something that can revenge kill them. Sounds more Moves-worthy to me but I don't feel that strongly about it either way

Disjunction

Yeah I agree with reslashing Gleam, it's definitely worth it if you're using it to check Malamar (which you often are)

Also this is pretty minor but I'd make the spread 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD, even with 252 HP you can still switch into SR five times, still lives Typh's Eruption, and hits a jump point in Def.

Idk if Encore should have a full slash, it can just BP out of setup sweepers and bring in something that can revenge kill them. Sounds more Moves-worthy to me but I don't feel that strongly about it either way
getting back into this
made the above changes to EV's, appreciate the feedback. I'll shift Encore into moves for now cause, yeah, it's probably more, generally useful to just BP.

finishing up the rest of this junk to get it ready for QC

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
flamethrower / fire blast should be mentioned somewhere on the nasty plot set, especially with an offensive spread

+2 252+ SpA Togetic Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Steelix: 396-468 (111.8 - 132.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Disjunction

flamethrower / fire blast should be mentioned somewhere on the nasty plot set, especially with an offensive spread

+2 252+ SpA Togetic Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Steelix: 396-468 (111.8 - 132.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I'll make a mention of offensive NastyPass in OO unless anyone thinks it's worth mentioning in set details for some reason

Blast

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Overview should also touch on NastyPass

Mention a specially defensive spread in OO

Update the Set Details of the first set to match the new EV spread

Is Probopass that good of a teammate? Probo is almost always on offensive teams with Magnet Pull, and Togetic's uber-passiveness seems to clash with that pretty hard. Haven't used them together so someone can feel free to prove me wrong but seems pretty counterproductive on paper

In TO for the first set, there should be mentions of defensive partners as well considering this is best on bulky / balance teams

Nasty Plot Togetic is really not a sweeper lol. In a similar case, I wouldn't say Gleam is "very strong" after a boost because it's not

Add a section in C&C for super effective coverage. Since Togetic is so passive a lot of stuff like Kabutops and Cryogonal can switch straight into it and force it out

Disjunction

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just leave out the ability for the Defog set and mention in Set Details that its ability doesn't matter because the only potentially useful one is illegal with Defog.

I think Dazzling Gleam should be slashed before Seismic Toss on the Defog set. The biggest reason to use Togetic right now is to check Malamar, and while there's not a high chance to 3HKO RestTalk Malamar with Dazzling Gleam, there is a chance, which is more than can be said about Seismic Toss. Still, hitting Mega Steelix for more than -5% is important too, so it should still be mentioned.

Slash Fire Blast after Dazzling Gleam on the Nasty Plot set for hitting Mega Steelix.

Add spaces around your slashes in the sets.

Cut the mention of Probopass under Team Support for the Defog set. Ferroseed can't set up on Togetic because of Defog, and Steelix beats Probopass one-on-one anyways unless you're running Magnet Rise, and even then, they could just predict your switch (unless you're running Air Balloon + Magnet Rise) since Togetic has no business staying in. Just make sure you have a good Mega Steelix check when you're using Defog Togetic.

Disjunction

Disjunction you haven't touched this or Mantine in over a week, you have 24 hours to reply and 96 hours to update both
hi sorry yea. took a little breather from mons for a week and kinda just left these to dust a bit. I should have some time tomorrow night to get them updated again

Disjunction

The Overview should also touch on NastyPass

Mention a specially defensive spread in OO

Update the Set Details of the first set to match the new EV spread

Is Probopass that good of a teammate? Probo is almost always on offensive teams with Magnet Pull, and Togetic's uber-passiveness seems to clash with that pretty hard. Haven't used them together so someone can feel free to prove me wrong but seems pretty counterproductive on paper

In TO for the first set, there should be mentions of defensive partners as well considering this is best on bulky / balance teams

Nasty Plot Togetic is really not a sweeper lol. In a similar case, I wouldn't say Gleam is "very strong" after a boost because it's not

Add a section in C&C for super effective coverage. Since Togetic is so passive a lot of stuff like Kabutops and Cryogonal can switch straight into it and force it out

Disjunction
made all of holly's changes (cause they were easy) and ~half of yours. I'll get the rest first thing I wake up tomorrow cause I'm super tired. sorry for all the bs inactivity!
edit: made all the changes :heart:

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP thing but "abuse" should only be used in a negative light. otherwise, use utilize, take advantage of, etc. ex:

"Togetic, like most Eviolite abusers, is whittled down quickly by Toxic and Burns." It doesn't "abuse" Eviolite. "users" works fine here.

I know I told you to cut the ability on the Defog set but then I told you to slash Dazzling Gleam over Seismic Toss so it does actually have a use and I shouldn't have told you to cut it lol. Please add it back.

252 HP -> 248 on Defog for Stealth Rock number.

1/3

Blast

In the first set's Moves, you need to change your wording to fit the new slash order. Dazzling Gleam should be treated as the main option over Seismic Toss, and Baton Pass should be mentioned before Toxic.

Fix your formatting for the first set's EVs, add spaces in between the slashes so it looks like 252 HP/216 Def/40 SpD --> 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD

Fix formatting for Checks and Counters too. It should look like:
**Steel Types**: Togetic has extremely limited options in hitting Steel types seeing as they resist your main form of STAB and cannot be Toxic'd. Mega Steelix and Probopass are two very common Steel types that have virtually no fear switching into Togetic and can easily pressure it.

**Poison Types**: Muk, Garbodor, Qwilfish, and others all pummel Togetic with STAB Poison attacks that either wear Togetic down without it being able to do anything or just straight kill it in 2 hits.

**Residual Damage**: Without any Leftovers recovery, Toxic, Burn, and even Sandstorm can severely disrupt Togetic's bulk.

**Set Up Sweepers**: Due to Togetic's incredibly passive field presence, many set up sweepers can boost a number of times on Togetic as long as they have a reliable move to hit it back with. Pokemon like Jynx, Feraligatr, and Xatu are a small example of what can easily take advantage of Togetic.

**Super Effective Coverage**: Pokemon like Cryogonal, Heliolisk, and Archeops that carry super effective coverage will rarely find it difficult to switch in on Togetic and will pressure it with their offensive options.
Btw 252 HP on Togetic still hits a Stealth Rock number hollywood

QC 2/3 after that, you can write this up too Disjunction

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
Btw 252 HP on Togetic still hits a Stealth Rock number hollywood
Stealth Rock number as in lives four switches into Stealth Rock, which means you need an odd HP number.

252 HP Togetic hits 314 which is still indivisible by 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Disjunction

made all changes except one. hollywood Defog is incompatible with Super Luck and Hustle obviously has no negative effect on D-gleam so I don't see how any abilities have any use.
Will write this up within the hour. Getting Mantine done
edit: did it

Last edited:

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Disjunction, remove all mentions of Steelix, Mega Steelix, Qwilfish, Virizion, and Heliolisk.

When listing Dark and Fighting types it switches into on the first set, please mention Malamar, as Togetic is one of Malamar's greatest switchins.

List a few more examples of Pokemon that appreciate the +2 from Nasty Pass, such as Swellow, Typhlosion, and maybe even Xatu due to its ability to block Roar.

in C&C, you could come up with better examples of Pokemon that carry super-effective "coverage" than Cryo and Archeops. Instead of just listing STAB moves, list moves used for the purpose of coverage and not STAB, such as Tbolt Magmortar, Ice Punch Sawk, and Poison Jab on Cacturne?

all of that, 3/3 :)

Disjunction

Disjunction, remove all mentions of Steelix, Mega Steelix, Qwilfish, Virizion, and Heliolisk.

When listing Dark and Fighting types it switches into on the first set, please mention Malamar, as Togetic is one of Malamar's greatest switchins.

List a few more examples of Pokemon that appreciate the +2 from Nasty Pass, such as Swellow, Typhlosion, and maybe even Xatu due to its ability to block Roar.

in C&C, you could come up with better examples of Pokemon that carry super-effective "coverage" than Cryo and Archeops. Instead of just listing STAB moves, list moves used for the purpose of coverage and not STAB, such as Tbolt Magmortar, Ice Punch Sawk, and Poison Jab on Cacturne?

all of that, 3/3 :)
implemented, like, half of this along with a bunch of grammar stuff I noticed I was doing wrong from my GP checks on Mantine. I got bored, tho, so I stopped. I'll finish up tomorrow, pinkie swear :heart:
edit: did it, submitting to GP

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/2
add remove
comment
Good job here; the main things to note are that "Flying-type" (or Grass-type, etc) needs a dash, and that you should try to cut down on fluff.
Overview
########

Togetic's unique Fairy / Flying typing, great mixed defenses with Eviolite, and access to reliable recovery all blend together for one of the bulkiest Defog users in the tier. With access to great utility moves in Encore, Heal Bell, and Baton Pass, Togetic can support its team outside of just Defog. Outside of its Defog set, Togetic has the ability to run a Nasty Plot + Baton Pass set, allowing it to pass large Special Attack boosts to its teammates. It should be noted, however, that Togetic has virtually no offensive pressure (maybe "presence"?) whatsoever. Togetic's great bulk is also severely crippled by Stealth Rock and overly reliant on the Eviolite. Finally, Togetic's options for abilities are terrible, (comma) as Super Luck is incompatible with Defog, (remove comma) and the last two abilities, Hustle and Super Luck, are entirely worthless.

Defensive Defogger
########
(I know you say the abilities all suck, but should you put one here anyways? just checking)
evs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD

Moves
========

Defog is the main attraction of the set as it is, (we are supposed to avoid "the main move" and such) arguably, the move that makes Togetic as viable as it is. (still kinda fluffy imo but I'll let you/the second checker decide) Being able to blow away entry hazards is a great asset to just about any team. Roost provides reliable recovery which allows it Togetic to stick around for much longer. Dazzling Gleam is used as Togetic's offensive option as it breaks offensive Mismagius's Substitute and has a chance to at 3HKO'ing Malamar, but running it. However, this makes it even easier for Steel- and Poison-types to switch into Togetic. Due to Togetic's low offensive stats, Seismic Toss can be a nice option for handing out static damage to most particularly bulky Pokemon such as Probopass, Vileplume, and or Rhydon. Baton Pass is a great option to have for balance teams that thrive off momentum. If your opponent has an obvious switch-in to Togetic, you can use Baton Pass, see which Pokemon they've switched in, and choose your response accordingly. Toxic is a great option for racking up passive damage on Pokemon that try to find free switch in opportunities against Togetic. Pokemon such as Pyroar, Typhlosion, Mesprit, and Seismitoad are great examples. However, running Toxic typically makes you lose a lot of momentum versus Poison- and Steel-types. Togetic, like most Eviolite users, is whittled down quickly by Toxic and burns, so. Heal Bell can be a neat asset to have around to remove a lot of the pressure of status on your tiny, fairy Defogger. (cute, but unnecessary :p) It should be noted that this is possibly the most passive, viable option for Togetic's 4th fourth move slot. Finally, Encore punishes setup sweepers that try to take advantage of Togetic. If an opposing Samurott or Leafeon is bold enough to try to and Swords Dance or Substitute, Encore will lock them into that move. However, in most cases it is probably more useful to just Baton Pass or switch to something a teammate that can KO the setup sweeper. Encore should only really be considered an option if your team has a severe weakness to most setup sweepers. (seems kind Other Options-y?)

Set Details
========

252 HP gives Togetic the most health possible while still letting it being able to switch into Stealth Rock five times. 40 SpD Special Defense EVs lets Togetic always live survive Choice Specs Typhlosion's Eruption after Stealth Rock damage (assuming Togetic's Eviolite is still intact.) The remaining 216 Defense EVs with a Bold nature capitalize on Togetic's ability to switch into Fighting- and Dark-types such as Sawk, Liepard, and especially Malamar, (comma) as Togetic is one of its safest switch-ins. The Eviolite is a given here to ensure Togetic has the most bulk possible, buffing its defenses 50% each. Super Luck is incompatible with Defog, while Hustle and Serene Grace do not impact Togetic's moves.

Usage Tips
========

Togetic is only good for removing entry hazards and gaining momentum. Keep in mind Togetic is often a Pokemon that just sits there, takes abuse, and supports. If all Togetic can do in a match is Defog, take advantage of that. One of Togetic's main advantages over most other Defoggers in the tier is its ability to stick around for so long. Try to keep it at a high amount of HP so Togetic can use Defog as many times as possible through out the match. Togetic's reliance on its item can often times be a hindrance on its ability to switch into the Pokemon it needs to. Sawk, Hariyama, and Liepard all commonly carry Knock Off and if you need Togetic to be bulky enough to pivot around with, you may want to play it more cautiously to try and preserve its precious item.

Team Options
========

Most Any Pokemon that appreciates Stealth Rock being cleared from the field is a great teammate for Togetic. Typhlosion, Focus Sash users, Archeops, and many more etc all benefit greatly from Stealth Rock, Spikes, and even Sticky Web being removed from the field. Steel-types and Rock-types are problems for Togetic, so some good offensive options to punish these switch-ins can be Gurdurr, Sawk, and or other offensive Fighting-types to help punish these simple switch-ins. Seismitoad and Quagsire are great Togetic partners for Togetic, as they handle most Steel-, Poison-, and Rock-types, along with a handful of Electric-types, all of which can Steel, Poison, or Rock types that want to threaten Togetic along with a handful of Electric types. Similarly, Togetic handles most Grass-types for these two. Ferroseed appreciates the solid Fighting-type switch-in and is a great answer to Pokemon such as Pawniard, Rhydon, and Archeops, which that all give Togetic problems.

NastyPass
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot's ability to boost Togetic's SpA by 2 stages is a crucial aspect of this set. Combine this with Baton Pass's ability to pass the boosts, and Togetic can give one of its teammates a powerful buff. (avoid crucial/main move stuff) Nasty Plot boosts Togetic's Special Attack by two stages; combined with Baton Pass, it allows Togetic to give one of its teammates a powerful buff. Dazzling Gleam is Togetic's best STAB option; it. It has the highest Base Power out of Togetic's offensive movepool for the lowest risk. Roost is there to provides Togetic with recovery so it can stick around for as long as possible to set up as effectively as possible. Fire Blast can be used as another offensive option to hit Steel-types such as Pawniard or and Ferroseed.

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs are used is to maximize Togetic's overall bulk and still allows it to switch into Stealth Rock four 4 (you said five in the previous set though) times, even with Stealth Rock up. 84 Speed EVs are is used to outspeed uninvested base 50 Speed Pokemon. Togetic can Baton Pass to avoid Sleep Powder from Vileplume, Gunk Shot from Muk, and Encore from Audino. The remaining 172 Defense EVs and Bold nature ensure Togetic can still switch in and set up on Pokemon such as Gurdurr and Liepard. Eviolite is the best option for an item, (comma) as it gives Togetic as much bulk as possible to set up with and Baton Pass to its teammates.

Usage Tips
========

Togetic can be played as an extension of your win condition for that game. While Togetic is useful for causing damage to your opponent's team mid-game, it has the bulk and longevity to stick around for late-game, where it can Baton Pass a Nasty Plot boost into your win condition. Togetic's great bulk lets it set up Nasty Plots on a lot of common offensive Pokemon such as Sawk, Primeape, Liepard, Cacturne, and Lilligant, etc. A lot of defensive Pokemon are complete setup fodder for Togetic. As; as long as they don't carry Taunt or an attack move that induces sleep, Togetic can typically will find itself in a favorable position. Remember that using Nasty Plot and Baton Pass takes two turns. Just because Togetic can use Nasty Plot doesn't mean it should. Your opponent has the liberty to switch out of Togetic's would-be setup fodder into a more threatening Pokemon to Togetic or its Baton Pass recipient.

Team Options
========

Togetic's weakness to Stealth Rock greatly cuts into its great (you used "greatly" already, so I'd change this one) bulk, (comma) so Defog or Rapid Spin users such as Mantine or and Sandslash are great teammates. Special attackers such as Ludicolo, Pyroar, Choice Specs Swellow, or and Rotom appreciate a +2 or more Special Attack boost from Togetic's Baton Pass. Xatu is a very notable teammate to receive boosts from because Magic Guard can block Roar and Whirlwind, which that would force out Togetic. (period)

Other Options
########

A more offensive spread of 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpA can be used on Togetic's defensive set if it is your only stop to Malamar. 92 Special Attack EVs allow SpA allows Dazzling Gleam to always 3HKO SpD specially defensive RestTalk Malamar, breaking its Rest cycle. An offensive set with Fire Blast/ or Flamethrower can be utilized on the NastyPass set to bait defeat Steel-types, which Togetic baits in. A Fire Blast from +2 252 SpA Modest Togetic KOes every Steel-type in the tier, bar Probopass. A more specially defensive spread can be utilized if you want Togetic to switch into more specially oriented threats to Defog.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types**: Togetic struggles against Steel-types, which. They resist Dazzling Gleam and cannot be poisoned. Klinklang and Probopass are two very common Steel-types that have no fear switching into Togetic.

**Poison-types**: Muk, Garbodor, Weezing, and other Poison-types all pummel Togetic with STAB Poison attacks that wear down Togetic quickly.

**Residual Damage**: Without Leftovers, Togekiss is easily worn down by Toxic, burn, and even Sandstorm can severely disrupt Togetic's bulk.

**Setup Sweepers**: Due to Togetic's low offenses, many sweepers can set up on Togetic as long as they have a reliable move to hit it with. Pokemon such as Jynx, Klinklang, and Xatu are examples of Pokemon that what can take advantage of Togetic.

**Super Effective Coverage**: Heavy Slam Hariyama, Stone Edge Archeops, and Gunk Shot Liepard are examples of Pokemon that hit Togetic for super effective damage.

Disjunction

GP 1/2
add remove
comment
Good job here; the main things to note are that "Flying-type" (or Grass-type, etc) needs a dash, and that you should try to cut down on fluff.
Overview
########

Togetic's unique Fairy / Flying typing, great mixed defenses with Eviolite, and access to reliable recovery all blend together for one of the bulkiest Defog users in the tier. With access to great utility moves in Encore, Heal Bell, and Baton Pass, Togetic can support its team outside of just Defog. Outside of its Defog set, Togetic has the ability to run a Nasty Plot + Baton Pass set, allowing it to pass large Special Attack boosts to its teammates. It should be noted, however, that Togetic has virtually no offensive pressure (maybe "presence"?) whatsoever. Togetic's great bulk is also severely crippled by Stealth Rock and overly reliant on the Eviolite. Finally, Togetic's options for abilities are terrible, (comma) as Super Luck is incompatible with Defog, (remove comma) and the last two abilities, Hustle and Super Luck, are entirely worthless.

Defensive Defogger
########
(I know you say the abilities all suck, but should you put one here anyways? just checking)
evs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD

Moves
========

Defog is the main attraction of the set as it is, (we are supposed to avoid "the main move" and such) arguably, the move that makes Togetic as viable as it is. (still kinda fluffy imo but I'll let you/the second checker decide) Being able to blow away entry hazards is a great asset to just about any team. Roost provides reliable recovery which allows it Togetic to stick around for much longer. Dazzling Gleam is used as Togetic's offensive option as it breaks offensive Mismagius's Substitute and has a chance to at 3HKO'ing Malamar, but running it. However, this makes it even easier for Steel- and Poison-types to switch into Togetic. Due to Togetic's low offensive stats, Seismic Toss can be a nice option for handing out static damage to most particularly bulky Pokemon such as Probopass, Vileplume, and or Rhydon. Baton Pass is a great option to have for balance teams that thrive off momentum. If your opponent has an obvious switch-in to Togetic, you can use Baton Pass, see which Pokemon they've switched in, and choose your response accordingly. Toxic is a great option for racking up passive damage on Pokemon that try to find free switch in opportunities against Togetic. Pokemon such as Pyroar, Typhlosion, Mesprit, and Seismitoad are great examples. However, running Toxic typically makes you lose a lot of momentum versus Poison- and Steel-types. Togetic, like most Eviolite users, is whittled down quickly by Toxic and burns, so. Heal Bell can be a neat asset to have around to remove a lot of the pressure of status on your tiny, fairy Defogger. (cute, but unnecessary :p) It should be noted that this is possibly the most passive, viable option for Togetic's 4th fourth move slot. Finally, Encore punishes setup sweepers that try to take advantage of Togetic. If an opposing Samurott or Leafeon is bold enough to try to and Swords Dance or Substitute, Encore will lock them into that move. However, in most cases it is probably more useful to just Baton Pass or switch to something a teammate that can KO the setup sweeper. Encore should only really be considered an option if your team has a severe weakness to most setup sweepers. (seems kind Other Options-y?)

Set Details
========

252 HP gives Togetic the most health possible while still letting it being able to switch into Stealth Rock five times. 40 SpD Special Defense EVs lets Togetic always live survive Choice Specs Typhlosion's Eruption after Stealth Rock damage (assuming Togetic's Eviolite is still intact.) The remaining 216 Defense EVs with a Bold nature capitalize on Togetic's ability to switch into Fighting- and Dark-types such as Sawk, Liepard, and especially Malamar, (comma) as Togetic is one of its safest switch-ins. The Eviolite is a given here to ensure Togetic has the most bulk possible, buffing its defenses 50% each. Super Luck is incompatible with Defog, while Hustle and Serene Grace do not impact Togetic's moves.

Usage Tips
========

Togetic is only good for removing entry hazards and gaining momentum. Keep in mind Togetic is often a Pokemon that just sits there, takes abuse, and supports. If all Togetic can do in a match is Defog, take advantage of that. One of Togetic's main advantages over most other Defoggers in the tier is its ability to stick around for so long. Try to keep it at a high amount of HP so Togetic can use Defog as many times as possible through out the match. Togetic's reliance on its item can often times be a hindrance on its ability to switch into the Pokemon it needs to. Sawk, Hariyama, and Liepard all commonly carry Knock Off and if you need Togetic to be bulky enough to pivot around with, you may want to play it more cautiously to try and preserve its precious item.

Team Options
========

Most Any Pokemon that appreciates Stealth Rock being cleared from the field is a great teammate for Togetic. Typhlosion, Focus Sash users, Archeops, and many more etc all benefit greatly from Stealth Rock, Spikes, and even Sticky Web being removed from the field. Steel-types and Rock-types are problems for Togetic, so some good offensive options to punish these switch-ins can be Gurdurr, Sawk, and or other offensive Fighting-types to help punish these simple switch-ins. Seismitoad and Quagsire are great Togetic partners for Togetic, as they handle most Steel-, Poison-, and Rock-types, along with a handful of Electric-types, all of which can Steel, Poison, or Rock types that want to threaten Togetic along with a handful of Electric types. Similarly, Togetic handles most Grass-types for these two. Ferroseed appreciates the solid Fighting-type switch-in and is a great answer to Pokemon such as Pawniard, Rhydon, and Archeops, which that all give Togetic problems.

NastyPass
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot's ability to boost Togetic's SpA by 2 stages is a crucial aspect of this set. Combine this with Baton Pass's ability to pass the boosts, and Togetic can give one of its teammates a powerful buff. (avoid crucial/main move stuff) Nasty Plot boosts Togetic's Special Attack by two stages; combined with Baton Pass, it allows Togetic to give one of its teammates a powerful buff. Dazzling Gleam is Togetic's best STAB option; it. It has the highest Base Power out of Togetic's offensive movepool for the lowest risk. Roost is there to provides Togetic with recovery so it can stick around for as long as possible to set up as effectively as possible. Fire Blast can be used as another offensive option to hit Steel-types such as Pawniard or and Ferroseed.

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs are used is to maximize Togetic's overall bulk and still allows it to switch into Stealth Rock four 4 (you said five in the previous set though) times, even with Stealth Rock up. 84 Speed EVs are is used to outspeed uninvested base 50 Speed Pokemon. Togetic can Baton Pass to avoid Sleep Powder from Vileplume, Gunk Shot from Muk, and Encore from Audino. The remaining 172 Defense EVs and Bold nature ensure Togetic can still switch in and set up on Pokemon such as Gurdurr and Liepard. Eviolite is the best option for an item, (comma) as it gives Togetic as much bulk as possible to set up with and Baton Pass to its teammates.

Usage Tips
========

Togetic can be played as an extension of your win condition for that game. While Togetic is useful for causing damage to your opponent's team mid-game, it has the bulk and longevity to stick around for late-game, where it can Baton Pass a Nasty Plot boost into your win condition. Togetic's great bulk lets it set up Nasty Plots on a lot of common offensive Pokemon such as Sawk, Primeape, Liepard, Cacturne, and Lilligant, etc. A lot of defensive Pokemon are complete setup fodder for Togetic. As; as long as they don't carry Taunt or an attack move that induces sleep, Togetic can typically will find itself in a favorable position. Remember that using Nasty Plot and Baton Pass takes two turns. Just because Togetic can use Nasty Plot doesn't mean it should. Your opponent has the liberty to switch out of Togetic's would-be setup fodder into a more threatening Pokemon to Togetic or its Baton Pass recipient.

Team Options
========

Togetic's weakness to Stealth Rock greatly cuts into its great (you used "greatly" already, so I'd change this one) bulk, (comma) so Defog or Rapid Spin users such as Mantine or and Sandslash are great teammates. Special attackers such as Ludicolo, Pyroar, Choice Specs Swellow, or and Rotom appreciate a +2 or more Special Attack boost from Togetic's Baton Pass. Xatu is a very notable teammate to receive boosts from because Magic Guard can block Roar and Whirlwind, which that would force out Togetic. (period)

Other Options
########

A more offensive spread of 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpA can be used on Togetic's defensive set if it is your only stop to Malamar. 92 Special Attack EVs allow SpA allows Dazzling Gleam to always 3HKO SpD specially defensive RestTalk Malamar, breaking its Rest cycle. An offensive set with Fire Blast/ or Flamethrower can be utilized on the NastyPass set to bait defeat Steel-types, which Togetic baits in. A Fire Blast from +2 252 SpA Modest Togetic KOes every Steel-type in the tier, bar Probopass. A more specially defensive spread can be utilized if you want Togetic to switch into more specially oriented threats to Defog.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types**: Togetic struggles against Steel-types, which. They resist Dazzling Gleam and cannot be poisoned. Klinklang and Probopass are two very common Steel-types that have no fear switching into Togetic.

**Poison-types**: Muk, Garbodor, Weezing, and other Poison-types all pummel Togetic with STAB Poison attacks that wear down Togetic quickly.

**Residual Damage**: Without Leftovers, Togekiss is easily worn down by Toxic, burn, and even Sandstorm can severely disrupt Togetic's bulk.

**Setup Sweepers**: Due to Togetic's low offenses, many sweepers can set up on Togetic as long as they have a reliable move to hit it with. Pokemon such as Jynx, Klinklang, and Xatu are examples of Pokemon that what can take advantage of Togetic.

**Super Effective Coverage**: Heavy Slam Hariyama, Stone Edge Archeops, and Gunk Shot Liepard are examples of Pokemon that hit Togetic for super effective damage.
oh no you didn't come off as mean, don't worry. It was my first analysis and I haven't taken an english class in half a year so I knew it'd be bad lol
implementing all this now be done in a bit
EDIT: implemented and I want to clarify the word "Leftovery" was a genuine typo and not something I put in there to be funny

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)