Togetic

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Just how long are you going to follow me for?

[Overview]

<p> The only reason Togetic would be considered over Togekiss on a team is its abilitly to utilize Evolite. This item provides Togetic with a respectable increase of durability over Togekiss, but in return, Togetic is much weaker offensively, as it loses Air Slash and Aura Sphere, in addition to having a meagerly base 80 Special Attack. However, this does give Togetic an incentive to run a full support moveset without any offense. If you find that your team requires some heavy duty Follow Me support, you may want to give Togetic a try.</p>

[SET]
name: Follow Me Support
move 1: Follow Me
move 2: Tri Attack
move 3: Thunder Wave / Tailwind
move 4: Roost / Protect
item: Eviolite
ability: Serene Grace
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Togetic's main goal is to use Follow Me to draw attention away from its partner. Tri Attack provides Togetic with an offensive option. While it may not do much damage, it has an attractive 40% chance of causing a random status effect. Thunder Wave allows Togetic to cripple targets with paralysis, providing an opportunity for its ally to attack. Alternatively, Tailwind may be used as a method of boosting your teammates' Speed in battle. Either Roost or Protect should be used in Togetic's final moveslot. Roost allows Togetic to heal itself, allowing it to last longer as a support Pokemon. Protect blocks oncoming attacks, which can be helpful if the opponent becomes too focused on trying to take Togetic out.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs allow Togetic to survive an Electric Gem boosted Thunderbolt from a Modest Zapdos. The remainder of the EVs are placed into Defense to give it a bit more physical bulk. As Togetic's offense is quite lackluster, it may opt to reploace Tri Attack with another support move, such as Charm or Light Screen. Alternatively, Togetic can use Heat Wave over Tri Attack, since it hits both targets, and has a 20% chance to burn the opponent. This is especially handy if Togetic is run on a Trick Room team, since Tri Attack may lead to randomly paralyzing the foe. Likewise, Tailwind or Thunder Wave should be replaced if Togetic is run on a Trick Room team.</p>

<p>Pokemon such as Volcarona, Snorlax, or Gorebyss, that require a bit of set up to become a serious threat, appreciate the time bought for them by Togetic's usage of Follow Me. Likewise, Trick Room users, such as Reuniclus or Chandelure, have a lot easier time twisting the dimensions with Togetic's Follow Me support. Unfortunately, Togetic's low Speed means that it is outrun by just about every single Fake Out user there is, and is thus unable to redirect the opponent's Fake Out. Thus, one must still be wary of opponent Fake Out users when using Togetic.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Helping Hand can be used with Togetic, allowing Togetic to power up its ally's moves. However, like Tri Attack, it is a special move from Pokemon Colosseum, and may not be easily obtainable on cart. Encore can be used to disrupt the opponent; however its usefulness is limited due to Togetic's low Speed. Headbutt can allow Togetic to abuse Serene Grace, flinching the opponent 60% of the time after they are paralyzed. Endeavor can give Togetic a way to do some surprise damage to an opponent when it is low on health.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Togetic almost exclusively acts as support for its team, redirecting attacks away from its ally, or aiding in Speed control, by using Tailwind or Thunder Wave. Therefore, hard-hitters are needed in order to get it off the field as soon as possible. Pokemon with Electric-type moves, such as Zapdos and Rotom-A, are best for the job, since they hit Togetic hard with super effective attacks. Pokemon with Lightningrod, such as Manectric, can take things a step further by preventing Togetic from crippling its foes by using Thunder Wave. Pokemon that run spread moves, such as Blizzard, Discharge, or Heat Wave, can bypass Follow Me and reduce Togetic's supportive function.</p>

<p>If brute force isn't your style, Taunt will stop Togetic from using any of its supporting moves, possibly forcinging it to use Struggle. Likewise, using Trick to give Togetic a Choice Scarf, will also shut it down by restricting it to a single move and stripping it of its Eviolite boost. Lastly, any Pokemon that has Final Gambit can completely ignore Togetic's sizable defenses and OHKO it at the expense of their own life, provided that they have at least 162 HP remaining.</p>

Why is Tri-Attack listed above Follow Me? Bulkier Follow Me is the main reason to use Togetic, I should think. Perhaps mention the fact that Tri-Attack can paralyze, which can work against you in Trick Room while you're mentioning it.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
Wasn't really sure whether I should list Follow Me first or its only offense move first.

I suppose in this case, it really should be focusing on using Follow Me, so I'll switch the order.

Also, added the note about Tri Attack paralysis and TR.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
252 hp / 144 def / 112 spdef is still guaranteed to survive Zapdos' 252 spatk modest electric gem thunderbolt and is a little more than 1% more defensive physically.

In general it is always better to max hp first, unless the Pokemon has a very high base hp stat. Togetic's 55 definitely does not qualify.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
I think I got a bit caught up with trying to have its defense and special defense end up as even numbers for the eviolite defense boost. It's probably better to keep to things more simple here.

The EVs spread you gave ended up wasting a EVs, so I shifted it to 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD. This gives it a extra 2 points in Special Defense due to +nature compared to the one you provided.

JRank

Jonny
Only thing I'd change is move Charm up to AC, helps Togetic take Rock Slide from stuff like Tyranitar.

Your analyses are always so good I feel lame not finding anything that needs changing :P QC 1 / 2

Alaka: 2/2

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
Wrote it up now, and it should be ready for GP.

While writing this up, I ended up shifting Heat Wave and Light Screen into AC.
Light Screen as it plays a similar role as Charm does, except for special defensive purposes.
Heat Wave as it is better to use if Togetic is in Trick Room instead of Tri Attack, to avoid random paralysis.

[Overview]

<p> The only reason Togetic would be considered over Togekiss on a team is due to the addition of Eviolite in BW. Eviolits ability to use the Eviolite. This item provides Togetic with a respectable increase of durability over Togekiss, but sacrificesin return, Togetic its ability to attackmuch weaker offensively, as it loses Air Slash and Aura Sphere in addition to only having 80 SpAbase 80 Special Attack. However, this does give Togetic an incentive to run a full support moveset without any offense. If you find that your team requires some heavy duty Follow Me support, you may want to give Togetic a try.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Togetic's main goal is to use Follow Me to draw attention away from its parnttner. Tri Attack provides Togetic with an offensive option. While it may not do much damage, it has an attractive 40% chance of causing a random status effect. Thunder Wave allows Togetic to cripple targets with paralysis, providing an opportunity for its ally to attack. Alternatively, Tailwind may be used as a method of controlling speed in the battle. Togetic's final moveslot is used for either Roost or Protecboosting your teammates' Speed in battle. Either Roost or Protect should be used in Togetic's final moveslot. Roost allows Togetic to heal from the damage it has taken, allowing it to last longer as a support Pokemon. Protect blocks oncoming attacks, which can be helpful if the opponent becomes too focused on trying to take Togetic out.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs allow Togetic to survive an Electric Gem boosted Thunderbolt from a Modest Zapdos. The remainder of the EVs are placed into Defense to give it a bit more physical bulk. As Togetic's offense is quite lackluster, it may opt out from usingto replace Tri Attack forwith another support move, such as Charm or Light Screen. Alternatively, Togetic maycan use Heat Wave over Tri Attack, as it hits both targets and has a 20% chance to burn. This is especially the casehandy if Togetic is run on a Trick Room team, as Tri Attack may lead to randomly paralyzing the foe. Likewise, Tailwind or Thunder Wave should be replaced if Togetic is run on a Trick Room team.</p>

<p>Pokemon that require a bit of set up to become a serious threat, such as Volcarona, Snorlax, or Gorebyss, appreciate the time bought for them by Togetic's usage of Follow Me. Likewise, Trick Room users, such as Reuniclus or Chandelure, have a lot easier time twisting the dimensions with Togetic's Follow Me support. Unfortunately, Togetic's low Speed means that it is outrun by just about every single Fake Out user there is, and is thus unable to redirect the opponent's Fake Out. As such, one must still be weary of opponent Fake Out users when using Togetic.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Helping Hand can be used with Togetic, allowing Togetic to power up its ally's moves. However, like Tri Attack, it is a special move from Pokemon Collosseum, and may not be easily obtainable on cart. Encore can be used by Togetic to disrupt the opponent,; however, its usefulness is limited due to itTogetic's low Speed. Headbutt can allow Togetic to abuse Serene Grace, flinching the opponent 60% of the time after they are paralyzed. Endeavor can give Togetic a way to do some surprise damage to an opponent when it is low on health.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Togetic almost exclusively acts as support for its team, redirecting attacks away from its ally, or aiding in sSpeed control by using Tailwind or Thunder Wave. Therefore, having Pokemon that can hit hardrd-hitters are needed in order to get it off the field as soon as possible. Pokemon with Electric-type moves, such as Zapdos and Rotom-A, are best for the job, hitting Togetic hard with super effective attacks. Pokemon with Lightningrod, such as Manectric, can take things a step further, by preventing Togetic from crippling its foes with Thunder Wave. Pokemon that run spread moves such as Blizzard, Discharge, or Heat Wave, can bypass Follow Me and reduce Togetic's supportive function. If using</p>

<p>If
brute force isn't your style, using Taunt will stop Togetic from using any of its supporting moves, possibly even reducing it to using Struggle. Likewise, using Trick to give Togetic a Choice Scarf will also shut it down by restricting it to a single move and stripping it fromof its Eviolite boost. Lastly, any Pokemon that has Final Gambit can completely ignore Togetic's sizable defenses and OHKO it at the expense of their own life, provided that they have at least 162 HP remaining.</p>

1/2

[Overview]

<p>The only reason Togetic would be considered over Togekiss on a team is its ability to use the Eviolite. This item provides Togetic with a respectable increase of durability over Togekiss, but in return, Togetic is much weaker offensively, as it loses Air Slash and Aura Sphere in addition to only having base 80 Special Attack. However, this does give Togetic an incentive to run a full support moveset without any offense. If you find that your team requires some heavy duty Follow Me support, you may want to give Togetic a try.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Togetic's main goal is to use Follow Me to draw attention away from its partner. Tri Attack provides Togetic with an offensive option. While it may not do much damage, it has an attractive 40% chance of causing a random status effect. Thunder Wave allows Togetic to cripple targets with paralysis, providing an opportunity for its ally to attack. Alternatively, Tailwind may be used as a method of boosting your teammates' Speed in battle. Either Roost or Protect should be used in Togetic's final moveslot. Roost allows Togetic to heal from the damage it has taken, allowing it to last longer as a support Pokemon. Protect blocks oncoming attacks, which can be helpful if the opponent becomes too focused on trying to take Togetic out.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs allow Togetic to survive an Electric Gem boosted Thunderbolt from a Modest Zapdos. The remainder of the EVs are placed into Defense to give it a bit more physical bulk. As Togetic's offense is quite lackluster, it may opt to replace Tri Attack with another support move, such as Charm or Light Screen. Alternatively, Togetic can use Heat Wave over Tri Attack, as it hits both targets and has a 20% chance to burn. This is especially handy if Togetic is run on a Trick Room team, as Tri Attack may lead to randomly paralyzing the foe. Likewise, Tailwind or Thunder Wave should be replaced if Togetic is run on a Trick Room team.</p>

<p>Pokemon that require a bit of set up to become a serious threat, such as Volcarona, Snorlax, or Gorebyss, appreciate the time bought for them by Togetic's usage of Follow Me. Likewise, Trick Room users, such as Reuniclus or Chandelure, have a lot easier time twisting the dimensions with Togetic's Follow Me support. Unfortunately, Togetic's low Speed means that it is outrun by just about every single Fake Out user there is, and is thus unable to redirect the opponent's Fake Out. As such, one must still be wary of opponent Fake Out users when using Togetic.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Helping Hand can be used with Togetic, allowing Togetic to power up its ally's moves. However, like Tri Attack, it is a special move from Pokemon Colosseum, and may not be easily obtainable on cart. Encore can be used to disrupt the opponent; however, its usefulness is limited due to Togetic's low Speed. Headbutt can allow Togetic to abuse Serene Grace, flinching the opponent 60% of the time after they are paralyzed. Endeavor can give Togetic a way to do some surprise damage to an opponent when it is low on health.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Togetic almost exclusively acts as support for its team, redirecting attacks away from its ally, or aiding in Speed control by using Tailwind or Thunder Wave. Therefore, hard-hitters are needed in order to get it off the field as soon as possible. Pokemon with Electric-type moves, such as Zapdos and Rotom-A, are best for the job, hitting Togetic hard with super effective attacks. Pokemon with Lightningrod, such as Manectric, can take things a step further by preventing Togetic from crippling its foes with Thunder Wave. Pokemon that run spread moves such as Blizzard, Discharge, or Heat Wave, can bypass Follow Me and reduce Togetic's supportive function.</p>

<p>If brute force isn't your style, Taunt will stop Togetic from using any of its supporting moves, possibly even reducing it to using Struggle. Likewise, using Trick to give Togetic a Choice Scarf will also shut it down by restricting it to a single move and stripping it of its Eviolite boost. Lastly, any Pokemon that has Final Gambit can completely ignore Togetic's sizable defenses and OHKO it at the expense of their own life, provided that they have at least 162 HP remaining.</p>

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
working on top of sirn's check
remove
add
[Overview]

<p>The only reason Togetic would be considered over Togekiss on a team is its ability to use the Eviolite. This item provides Togetic with a respectable increase of durability over Togekiss, but in return, Togetic is much weaker offensively, as it loses Air Slash and Aura Sphere,(comma) in addition to only having a meagerly base 80 Special Attack. However, this does give Togetic an incentive to run a full support moveset without any offense. If you find that your team requires some heavy duty Follow Me support, you may want to give Togetic a try.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Togetic's main goal is to use Follow Me to draw attention away from its partner. Tri Attack provides Togetic with an offensive option. While it may not do much damage, it has an attractive 40% chance of causing a random status effect. Thunder Wave allows Togetic to cripple targets with paralysis, providing an opportunity for its ally to attack. Alternatively, Tailwind may be used as a method of boosting your teammates' Speed in battle. Either Roost or Protect should be used in Togetic's final moveslot. Roost allows Togetic to heal from the damage it has takenitself,(comma) allowing it to last longer as a support Pokemon. Protect blocks oncoming attacks, which can be helpful if the opponent becomes too focused on trying to take Togetic out.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs allow Togetic to survive an Electric Gem boosted Thunderbolt from a Modest Zapdos. The remainder of the EVs are placed into Defense to give it a bit more physical bulk. As Togetic's offense is quite lackluster, it may opt to replace Tri Attack with another support move, such as Charm or Light Screen. Alternatively, Togetic can use Heat Wave over Tri Attack, assince it hits both targets,(comma) and has a 20% chance to burn the opponent.(period) This is especially handy if Togetic is run on a Trick Room team, assince Tri Attack may lead to randomly paralyzing the foe. Likewise, Tailwind or Thunder Wave should be replaced if Togetic is run on a Trick Room team.</p>

<p>Pokemon that require a bit of set up to become a serious threat, such as Volcarona, Snorlax, or Gorebysssuch as Volcarona, Snorlax, or Gorebyss, that require a bit of set up to become a serious threat,(comma) appreciate the time bought for them by Togetic's usage of Follow Me. Likewise, Trick Room users, such as Reuniclus or Chandelure, have a lot easier time twisting the dimensions with Togetic's Follow Me support. Unfortunately, Togetic's low Speed means that it is outrun by just about every single Fake Out user there is, and is thus unable to redirect the opponent's Fake Out. As suchThus,(comma) one must still be wary of opponent Fake Out users when using Togetic.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Helping Hand can be used with Togetic, allowing Togetic to power up its ally's moves. However, like Tri Attack, it is a special move from Pokemon Colosseum, and may not be easily obtainable on cart. Encore can be used to disrupt the opponent; however, its usefulness is limited due to Togetic's low Speed. Headbutt can allow Togetic to abuse Serene Grace, flinching the opponent 60% of the time after they are paralyzed. Endeavor can give Togetic a way to do some surprise damage to an opponent when it is low on health.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Togetic almost exclusively acts as support for its team, redirecting attacks away from its ally, or aiding in Speed control,(comma) by using Tailwind or Thunder Wave. Therefore, hard-hitters are needed in order to get it off the field as soon as possible. Pokemon with Electric-type moves, such as Zapdos and Rotom-A, are best for the job, hittingthey hit Togetic hard with super effective attacks. Pokemon with Lightningrod, such as Manectric, can take things a step further by preventing Togetic from crippling its foes withby using Thunder Wave. Pokemon that run spread moves,(comma) such as Blizzard, Discharge, or Heat Wave, can bypass Follow Me and reduce Togetic's supportive function.</p>

<p>If brute force isn't your style, Taunt will stop Togetic from using any of its supporting moves, possibly even reduforcing it to usinge Struggle. Likewise, using Trick to give Togetic a Choice Scarf,(comma) will also shut it down by restricting it to a single move and stripping it of its Eviolite boost. Lastly, any Pokemon that has Final Gambit can completely ignore Togetic's sizable defenses and OHKO it at the expense of their own life, provided that they have at least 162 HP remaining.</p>
[Overview]

<p>The only reason Togetic would be considered over Togekiss on a team is its ability to use Eviolite. This item provides Togetic with a respectable increase of durability over Togekiss, but in return, Togetic is much weaker offensively, as it loses Air Slash and Aura Sphere, in addition to having a meagerly base 80 Special Attack. However, this does give Togetic an incentive to run a full support moveset without any offense. If you find that your team requires some heavy duty Follow Me support, you may want to give Togetic a try.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Togetic's main goal is to use Follow Me to draw attention away from its partner. Tri Attack provides Togetic with an offensive option. While it may not do much damage, it has an attractive 40% chance of causing a random status effect. Thunder Wave allows Togetic to cripple targets with paralysis, providing an opportunity for its ally to attack. Alternatively, Tailwind may be used as a method of boosting your teammates' Speed in battle. Either Roost or Protect should be used in Togetic's final moveslot. Roost allows Togetic to heal itself, allowing it to last longer as a support Pokemon. Protect blocks oncoming attacks, which can be helpful if the opponent becomes too focused on trying to take Togetic out.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs allow Togetic to survive an Electric Gem boosted Thunderbolt from a Modest Zapdos. The remainder of the EVs are placed into Defense to give it a bit more physical bulk. As Togetic's offense is quite lackluster, it may opt to replace Tri Attack with another support move, such as Charm or Light Screen. Alternatively, Togetic can use Heat Wave over Tri Attack, since it hits both targets, and has a 20% chance to burn the opponent. This is especially handy if Togetic is run on a Trick Room team, since Tri Attack may lead to randomly paralyzing the foe. Likewise, Tailwind or Thunder Wave should be replaced if Togetic is run on a Trick Room team.</p>

<p>Pokemon such as Volcarona, Snorlax, or Gorebyss, that require a bit of set up to become a serious threat, appreciate the time bought for them by Togetic's usage of Follow Me. Likewise, Trick Room users, such as Reuniclus or Chandelure, have a lot easier time twisting the dimensions with Togetic's Follow Me support. Unfortunately, Togetic's low Speed means that it is outrun by just about every single Fake Out user there is, and is thus unable to redirect the opponent's Fake Out. Thus, one must still be wary of opponent Fake Out users when using Togetic.</p>

[Other Options]

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Togetic almost exclusively acts as support for its team, redirecting attacks away from its ally, or aiding in Speed control, by using Tailwind or Thunder Wave. Therefore, hard-hitters are needed in order to get it off the field as soon as possible. Pokemon with Electric-type moves, such as Zapdos and Rotom-A, are best for the job, they hit Togetic hard with super effective attacks. Pokemon with Lightningrod, such as Manectric, can take things a step further by preventing Togetic from crippling its foes by using Thunder Wave. Pokemon that run spread moves, such as Blizzard, Discharge, or Heat Wave, can bypass Follow Me and reduce Togetic's supportive function.</p>

<p>If brute force isn't your style, Taunt will stop Togetic from using any of its supporting moves, possibly forcing it to use Struggle. Likewise, using Trick to give Togetic a Choice Scarf, will also shut it down by restricting it to a single move and stripping it of its Eviolite boost. Lastly, any Pokemon that has Final Gambit can completely ignore Togetic's sizable defenses and OHKO it at the expense of their own life, provided that they have at least 162 HP remaining.</p>

GP 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)