Too Close for Comfort - an OU Warstory by Spenstar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showsni basically said everything I would have. Other than that, you did acknowledge many of the flaws in the battle yourself. Your commentary was OK, though a few of the turns were pretty useless commentary-wise. Big spaces are evidently overrated, etc. GL in the future, though. Chances are you'll get better and get into way better battles, as well as be able to play the game in more depth and give more meaningful commentary that way.

You had alot of misplays and your opponent could've won if he wasnt such a weak player, but you had the luck o' the irish that game. i think you should practice alot more and edit as you see how competitive battling really works.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why god WHY. WHY would you mach punch?

WHY wouldn't you run Timid Alakazam? WHY wouldn't you run THUNDERBOLT on Jolteon. One of the worst matches ever. Decent comments I guess.

4/10

I stopped reading when I saw Electivire's sprite, sorry.

edit: decided to go back and read it. misplays EVERYWHERE. almost every moveset was terrible (I mean, is ape really THAT afraid of tentacruel to use EQ?), espeed less nite, no STAB jolt was just sad. very disappointing.

I stopped when i saw the Taunt against Dragonite. What could he have set up at all? Light screen sure wouldn't work because of average speed and thats the only thing that he gets thats worth setting up thats not a stat boosting move

First of all, I'm going to say that your presentation was way better than most first attempts, so kudos on that.

All in all, I think you should amass more metagame knowledge before another warstory. There were several terrible misplays in the battle that marred the warstory. The first was Stone Edge on Dragonite, which is a bad move to have on him. The proper moveset is Draco Meteor / ExtremeSpeed / Earthquake / Fire Blast, which gets all the KOes you need.

Also why the hell didn't that Infernape use CC on Rhyperior? Even if Rhy was Scarfed (lol) it wouldn't outspeed Infernape.

Finally, don't use Electivire. He's walled quite easily, loses to base 100+ Scarfers even with a boost, and performs no antimetagame utility roles in addition to his role as a sweeper. For example, BulkyGyara can sweep, but it can also perform a role as a Heatran and Lucario check. Electivire can't.

All in all, study the game some more before trying another warstory, but good attempt nonetheless.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I endured through seeing Electivire and Rhyperior on a team, as with non-lead bronzong.

I ENDURED through the non-ex-speed dragonite . . .

I endured . . . wow, all the way to the end . . . and if you can't believe it, it's actually more depressing than the beginning. Your opponent's failure to win this match was just . . . unreal . . . Your side, his side, it was just . . . painful to read . . .

Good formatting and grammar though! In a more positive light, I would echo pretty much everything mtr said.

I stopped reading when I saw Electivire's sprite, sorry.
I lol'd

Very poor battle, in just the first few turns, there were many mistakes.

1: Dragonite can't set up hazards of any kind, Taunting it is futile, and, even if it had DD, you'd 2HKO it by attacking.

2: Dragonite had Extremespeed, but didn;t use it to KO Aero before it Rock Slided. It did have it, it used it on Scizor.

3: Infernape didn't use Close Combat against Rhyperior. And you didn;t seem to know that a Earthquake from Rhyperior would OHKO Infernape regardless of the critical.

4: You didn't know, where there's Kingdra, there's Rain. Or Dragon Dance.

5: You don't realise that Blisseys switch out from physical attacks. Without reliable recovery, Brongzong is not a replacement Special Wall. Future reference, Latias can make a decent special wall.

6: You run Grass Knot on a Brongzong... and no Explosion [Which could have dealt with Kingdra]. Likewise, Hypnosis is innaccurate, so the misses shouldn;t be large.

7: You expected Bullet Punch to OHKO on a resisted hit

8: Kingdra didn't use Hydro Pump, which would have OHKO'ed due to being effectivly Base 240 in the Rain, with STAB. It used DM instead

9: You expected Rhyperior to somehow be able to deal with Alakazam, when Infernape was your best response, if it was Modest, and you were doomed either way if it was Timid. Basically, you threw your Rhyperior away

10: Alakzam didn't have +Speed

11: Jolteon somehow didn't have Thunderbolt

Both sides made too many horrible mistakes for a warstory, and your knowledge seemed to be lacking as well.

Oh, and people:

Electrivire is not awful, there's WAY worse

Electrivire has it's uses. It's coverage can make it a very effective late-game cleaner, especially if you can bait an Electric attack. Besides, you say say 'Vire is walled easily, because bulky grounds stop it, 90% of the metagame is easily walled, because Skarmory or Blissey stop it.

I'm not saying it's great, I'm saying it has it's uses, and isn't totally outclassed, and certainly isn't EASY to wall, unless you throw Swampert at it... and it lacks HP Grass.

Seriously, so many people here are biased against E-Vire.

Too many stupid plays, and the good part was the ending, but then again we have to ask what the fuck happened to Empoleon's Aqua Jet and to Jolteon's Thunderbolt?

Also taunting a lead Dragonite... And Rock Slide isn't that much more accurate than Stone Edge.

Besides it seems you had trouble with movesets knowledge as a whole.
Next time just keep a tab of http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/dragonite open.

Also Earthquake on nape wat?

And Vire would never work on your team, you really don't attract electric attack, unless you plan to switch him out as early as your lead Aero getting thunderbolt'd somehow. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)