1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Too many members

Discussion in 'Inside Poop - April Fool's Day 2011' started by supermarth64, Mar 18, 2011.

1. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Now that Pokemon Black and White have been released, the recent influx of new members has created overcrowding in the forums. There have been several reports of various member's Pokemon being trampled by rampant Bouffalant that the new members have brought with them. These new members and their Pokemon are creating a safety hazard for the already existing members due to the lack of space. There's only one solution: removal of members.

Now the question is: how do we determine which members to remove? Some ideas that have been suggested are:

1) If the member has a number in their username, remove them. We do not need any clones in this community because the original should be able to fulfill any needs that the clones may need.
    2) People with improper grammar. People who can't speak coherently cause nothing but trouble for the rest of the community because of the lack of understanding between members. They contribute less than members that can properly string sentences.
    3) Members that don't pick up after their Pokemon. Seriously. No one likes stepping in a pile of Tentacruel sludge or Bidoof's droppings. If they can't bother to clean up after their own Pokemon, then we shouldn't be bothered to clean up their own shit.

Any other suggestions are welcome. However, something MUST be done about the current overcrowding situation.
  2. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

Just delete Jimbo's account. The amount of bandwidth that would free up would allow for tens of thousands of new members to be on all at once.
  3. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I like this.

I recommend that we turn the GP team into some sort of Gestapo-like force, removing such inarticulate and incoherent users on sight.
  4. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Why is a lack of space even an issue? We have Palkia for a reason.
  5. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor Alumnus

this is why banning me would be a bad idea
  6. panamaxis

panamaxis Allons-y!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Thanks for volunteering, I didn't pick you as the martyr type
    [​IMG]
  7. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

We can discrimnate based on a bunch of users as long as we move our servers out of the United States and into a country that's more hospitable towards businesses.

• Raise the minimum age from 13 to 16
    • Block access to Black users
    • Block access to women (unrecommended as this would not decrease server load for obvious reasons)
    • Block access to straight users (would decrease server load by 20%)
  8. Cyrrona

Cyrrona starlet
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

After we've deleted enough users, we should take a page from Marriland's book and just disable registration so we don't run into this problem again.
  9. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

We should also disable right click.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)