BW NU Too Many Mices

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Too Many Mices

Overview:

I decided to make an NU team with really never used Pokémon with a touch of creativity—I looked for something never used even in the NU tier. And I mean something never used. This team had multiple victims, peaked on the ladder, and trolled a lot of people in general, so I decided that it'd be cool to post up an RMT. Well, I'm somewhat bored of this novelty team now, and people started to prepare with some niche sets (Lum Golem ==), making it not as effective. It still wins games consistently, but only if you play near-flawlessly. And that's only if they don't happen to carry a thing that flat-out 6-0's my team! So, round's almost up, and I decided to give this team a long overdue rest and retire it (if troll teams could ever be "retired" because that word just sounds so serious.)

You might say after the team preview, "Hey, so NU is a tier that noobs spam Pikachu, and beat other noobs that use Spinda?" Well, you may be right, but every ladder has their fair share of those people. On the other hand, I do feel that this 'everything is viable' idea makes NU so much more fun. There are so many things that are viable, but literally never used even in the NU tier: gems such as Vileplume and Fraxure were only recently able to show their worth in competitive NU, but proved to be incredibly good. And I'm sure there are more things that we've completely overlooked, but even better than some of the 'standards.' You should all try out NU sometime! But seriously, who reads these, especially for a troll team =/ Let's get to the team.

In-depth:

Golem (F) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Golem is one of my two dedicated leads with Butterfree. It's the obligatory Stealth Rock user—SR is just proven to be helpful on an offensive team like this. Otherwise, I will lose to randoms using focus sash on every member. Earthquake and Rock Blast is there for STAB, breaking sashes & substitutes, etc. Rock Blast comes especially helpful vs. Ninjasks and Baton Passing chains. Explosion is really surprising, and Golem can usually net a kill and SR every game. Golem's typing allows me to switch into Rotom-S (popular Gorebyss revenger) and Probopass / Regirock. (popular Rock-type) It fixes up the loose ends of my team. It will almost never lead, though. Jolly speed looks fishy, but I know it allows me to outspeed a lot of unexpected things.​

Pikachu (F) @ Light Ball
Trait: Static
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Grass Knot

Pikachu is the wrecking ball of the team. It is sadly walled by Grass-types, but Thunderbolt+ Grass Knot gives good enough for the most part. Focus Punch really rounds out the set, letting me hit Lickilicky, only 'true defensive counter' to Gorebyss. Most likely, they will just blindly switch in their special wall, get wrecked, and leave Gorebyss without a check. I do sometimes switch out Grass Knot to Hidden Power Ice, though, as I can't allow RP Torterra to set up. GK does do more damage to Regirock. If my execution with Gorebyss isn't up to par, GK is my crutch to finish it off. If I know I can play well with Gorebyss, I'll switch out GK for HP Ice on some days. Pika's static is there because Lightningrod is illegal with Focus Punch, but I love it! It paralyzes at the most gay times ever, and even if it's haxxy, it's a 30% chance of instant win! Too many people's gotten trolled by lol bs clutch Paralysis from Pikachu. Also, save this if you see Absol (which will be very often) so that you can sucker punch predict with Pikachu.​

Dodrio (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Pursuit
- Drill Peck

Dodrio is perhaps the most unreliable member of the team. I needed something that could outspeed just about everything—even +2 Gorebyss—and Dodrio fits the bill perfectly. (pun intended) It can easily spam Brave Bird, and with only a few Steel-types available in NU, some teams are just way too vulnerable to Dodrio just sweeping off the remains. Brave Bird and Return is simple STAB, and Pursuit is somewhat of a utility against stuff like Cinccino who will 6-0 the team otherwise. Usually you'd Brave Bird on revenge, but this fails if they know you're scarfed and switch out. Pursuit allows me to play that mind game instead of simply getting 6-0'ed when the opponent has a Cinccino and knows my Dodrio is scarfed. Oh, and it can pursuit Grass/ Poison types in case Pika has trouble breaking through. However, Dodrio can be a setup bait, so please refrain from sending her out unless you need to revenge something fast (usually you won't need to revenge anything hopefully) or you see a clear sweep. Also, remember that Pursuit will kill your momentum, and you should use it only to pick off threats to the team such as Choice Scarf Jynx, Cinccino, etc only if you're sure that you can recover the loss of momentum.​

Raticate (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Facade
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Raticate is yet another Normal-type sweeper for my team. It really works well with Dodrio—they’re walled by just about the same things, but I have U-turn on Raticate to turn the tables on Regirock switch-ins by sending Pikachu/Gorebyss and threaten the kill. Because Gorebyss is so threatening, some are too scared to switch out, and Raticate will sweep! After the chip damages, hopefully something gets through opposing defense. He can usually OHKO stuff with SR support and boosted Facade, so that’s really cool, I guess. Sucker Punch is for strong priority and more prediction. In this kind of teams, if you can drag a skilled opponent down to prediction battles, sleep rolls, etc. stuff he doesn’t have 100% control over, then you’re doing what you’re supposed to do.

Its key advantage over Swellow & Ursaring is its U-turning ability—Swellow isn’t quite as good at it because it’s weak to SR. Raticate’s job is to make the Gorebyss vs. Rock-type matchups happen as much as possible, and it excels at it.​

Gorebyss (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass

They say "the Brokenmon of NU." I say Gorebyss. This is why the team works. Its primary job is to switch in after a Raticate U-turn into Regirock and Probopass. Usually, I just fire off a Surf or two, because I don’t want to get paralyzed for nothing. If I do set up, though, the other team is in big trouble. That’s why they have to risk their Rock-type to stay in for the paralysis. If I can predict them staying in, then Raticate and Dodrio will sweep. Its secondary job is to sweep in a moment's notice, in case they have multiple solid counters for Normal-types, and trying to wear all of them out is simply not viable. But now she's well prepared for, which is another reason my team is starting to see less success.​

Piisuke (Butterfree) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Stun Spore

Butterfree is one of my two dedicated leads with Golem, but I usually see myself leading with Butterfree more often. Anything slower gets slept, and I can U-turn out for a favorable matchup. Butterfree is really what makes this team tick, because the sleep gives free turns that Pikachu and Gorebyss can both mercilessly abuse. Usually, leading with Butterfree shuts out most SR leads, which is somewhat helpful as I don’t have Spin Support. Sash is there for anything faster, and because of the sash, it’s one of the two things that actually can take a hit (other one being Golem thanks to its sturdy).

Stun Spore and Tailwind are mostly filler, but it can squeeze out momentum in a tight spot. Paralyze on the sash, and Tailwind as you die—boom, you just completely regained your momentum. Hell, even Golem can revenge +2 Gorebyss by that point. Stun Spore is also quite important for spreading the love known as parahax.​

Conclusion:

So, I really haven't got much to say? Shoutouts for quite a few people I've gotten to know around lower tiers, and credits for Zeb for the rmt formatting. I've made some edits to the team, but they're nothing important, really. I have multiple versions of the team anyways =P. I know the team has a lot of holes, so unlike those 'oh my god i peaked 1st on ladder' teams, you can rate it if you want to! I concede there's major holes in my team, of course.

Golem (F) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Pikachu (F) @ Light Ball
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Grass Knot

Dodrio (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Pursuit
- Drill Peck

Raticate (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Facade
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Gorebyss (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass

Butterfree (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Stun Spore

I absolutely love and hate your team. I have never lost more to any team ever in any tier. So much so that I know all your nicknames by heart >_>
Piisuke=butterfree, Gorebyss=gorebyss, Raticate=Rattchan, Golem=Golsuke, Pikachu = Chuchu, and dodrio= dodosuke.

I know giving you recommendations is silly, but the version where Piisuke is Sub QD with tinted lens is Sooooo much scarier at least imo. Also idk if you're attempting to troll with the title, but mice is the plural of mouse :S All in all I have never feared and respected a team more even if it's not entirely serious.

this team could go away and I just would not mind at all

Something that usually worked toward my benefit when playing this team was Magmortar. Firstly, he prevented you from COMPLETELY trolling me with that god damn Butterfree of yours by virtue of Vital Spirit, but secondly you have very few reliable switch ins into this guy. Obviously proferring major suggestions is kind of silly, but you might consider making room for a Curse Miltank over one of your two normal types (preferably Dodrio, since you don't seem too enthralled with him). With Thick Fat, he gives you a semblance of a defense against magmortar, and is actually really hard to KO thanks to a lack of good fighting types in the tier. I guess a cleric never killed anybody either? :D

Of course this all just a formality, it's really a good team and a cool team and, before it was the iconic face of the metagame, I wouldn't have changed a thing. gl man!
edit: I also like how we both jacked Zebra's format, it's just so AESTHETICALLY PLEASING

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
omg, is this team. There's not much to say that it hasn't been already, this team is really good (considering what mons are you using) and trolled the ladder in a completely inimaginable way. I also laugh a lot on IRC the first days of January as everybody was bitching about this team, as everybody was asking ''who is that random with the annoying team?'' And yeah it was pretty funny.

So yeah, all in all, i won't change this team in any way as it's not a ''serious'' one, but a very succesfull all in all. Congratz and GL man!

Hey there!

This team is awesome! I love your use of Pikachu; it's quite original. However, your team does have a few flaws. First, I wholeheartedly agree that you should change Butterfree's set to Quiver Dance. The set you are currently running is good, but a Quiver Dance Butterfree is so much scarier. It also still works as a great lead due to Sleep Powder. Here's the set:

Butterfree-Tinted Lens
252 Sp. Att./ 4 Sp. Def./ 252 Speed
Nature: Timid Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Sleep Powder
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Hidden Power Ground

Also, I feel that Dodrio is a poor Pokemon to use as a Scarfer. It is severly outclassed in both the stat and movepool departments. So i would suggest changing Dodrio for Braviary. Braviary is an incredible Scarfer, having a much better movepool than Dodrio. He also can muscle through bulkier walls better as well. Also, Jolly Scarfed Braviary outspeeds Modest +2 Gorebyss. It also has Superpower to take out Rock and Steel types which Dodrio is unable to do. Here is the set:

Braviary-Keen Eye
252 Att./4 Def./252 Speed
Nature: Jolly/Adamant Item: Choice Scarf
Brave Bird
Return
Superpower
U-Turn

Finally, I feel that Golem's set should be change just a tad. Normal Gem+Explosion is kind of a cheap strategy on something with a movepool like Golem's, so why not make him a pure physical sweeper? You already have his EVs set up that way, and Golem can hit surprisingly hard. Just change Sucker Punch over Explosion (to nail U-Turning Mesprits hard) and the item for Leftovers or Life Orb.

Other than that, your team looks fun and creative and works well! I hope I helped! Good luck!

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
I can luckily count myself as one of the few people with a positive record against this team :)
One thing I would change is make Pikachu Lightningrod variety with Hidden Power Fighting instead of Focus Punch so you can set up on Choice Rotom-S and Magmortar locked into thunderbolt.
Also, I think Sucker punch would be better than Explosion on Golem, it allows you to revenge kill weakened stuff such as Sawk after activating Sturdy.
I've found Sawk does hurt this team quite a bit with only Butterfree able to take those STAB Close Combats, so I would suggest Rotom-S over Dodrio as it resists Fighting and has Volt Switch to get in Gore/Pikachu safely and preserve momentum.
This team is such a fun team to play against and really shows that you don't need Mesprit/Absol/Magmortar to win.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Thanks for all the positive comments! Smith, DU, Nubagator, and endorphins: I've faced you guys in the ladder multiple times, and it's really been a blast to play with this team against you guys! Especially for Smith: actually Pikachu static has 70 % chance of activating, if you didn't know. =P

@snivy: Sadly, those changes would leave me even weaker to basically all prominent Choice Scarf users. After Golem dies, I need to rely on speed tie for opposing Braviary, and I flat out lose to Scarf Sawk and Scarf Rotom-S. Thanks for trying, though!

Rotom-S over Dodrio sounds interesting, I guess, as it can revenge without losing momentum. I always liked electric types anyways x3. It loses out on Scarf Jynx, but outspeeds most scarfers anyways. Miltank also sounds cool as it means that Cinccino probably can't just 6-0 past me bar major string of 5 hits, and gives me something that I can actually switch in on at least something. I'd test it, but I'm basically done playing with this team =P I'll come back to this team once in a while for fun, though!

Yo man. From what i see, Rocks + Cincinno + a Rock type could give you a hell lot of trouble. I really dont wanna suggest anything though cause it might ruin your team's synergy, but you could possibly try out Sucker punch on golem as well so Cincinnos could be taken down easier(Raticate + Golems Sucker Punch kills it). Otherwise, it's a really cool team you made, and i really love that pikachu set. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)