1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Too many words being used when locking threads

Discussion in 'Inside Poop - April Fool's Day 2011' started by Firestorm, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

As we all know, our userbase is young. Like really young. Like, not even of drinking age in sane countries let alone the United States. As a result, many aren't too hot with reading. When locking a thread, I believe an image would be better suited than reasons. Nintendo's localization staff has been kind enough to give us the Pokemon "Golurk" this generation. I think that image before locking a thread is sufficient. I would ask all moderators to please follow through with this as standard procedure starting immediately.

For reference:
    [​IMG]

Warning: a forum mods may need to use caution as our userbase is somewhat older which results in a bit of memory loss. I think they're still trying to memorize last generation's Pokemon.
  2. Wild Eep

Wild Eep pet pet pet
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

I am under the impression that the usage of circumlocution in our reply posts in order to cease all discussion, especially the discussion of a subpar variety, in a given thread is of the utmost necessity for our youthful base of Smogon community forum users to ascertain knowledge of the English language that will enable them to develop as growing human beings. This course of action in all ideality should allow our ungraceful jezebels to avoid the very problem you are imagining this website has plaguing it.

If you didn't manage to get all that,

[​IMG]
  3. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

4. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

this should extend to infractions too
  5. whistle

whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

as well as C&C
  6. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)