Toora Loo Rye Aye (Come On Eileen!)

Hey everybody, I'm shuckler, here bringing you my second gen 6 RMT. This team is based completely around the absolutely incredible (in my humble opinion) power of scolipede! Yes, this is a baton pass team. It's also extremely potent. The general idea is to set up with scolipede, and then baton pass boosts to a sweeper of choice (and that could, in fact, be any member of my team!)

Now, I present to you...​

Toora Loo Rye Aye (Come On Eileen!)

Quick Look:

Teambuilding Process:

So I started off the team with Scolipede and Mega-Gardevoir, the stars of the show. Iron defense scolipede happens to cure gardevoir's 2 main issues: not quite enough speed, and a defense stat and typing that leaves it vulnerable to physical attackers.

Now I wanted to add in a physical attacker to be gardevoir's counterpart and also make use of the easy swords dance boosts that scolipede can provide. Thus, I added in infernape to take on basically everything that gardevoir couldn't get past (THE PINK BLOBS).

So I needed hazards and hazard control, and also something to deal with smogonbird, aka talonflame. And yes, excadrill performs those roles nicely with a focus sash, killing the deadly smogonbird with his rock slide, and also serving as another baton pass recipient.

Here's where I decided to get sort of silly. However, I do not regret it at all. To complete a FWG core with infernape, I added in red card celebi and red card all-out attacker rotom-w, who can also both function as powerful baton pass recipients. Celebi can also easily set itself up and just nuke. Oh yes, did I mention that they both happen to be excellent azumarill checks?

I decided pretty quickly that FireMonkey really wasn't performing very well at all. So to replace him I added a much bulkier fire type, Entei, quite a strange choice for an OU team, although I suppose this whole team is weird. While he lacks the speed and raw power that infernape brought to the team, he more than makes up for it with the bulk that he brings to the team, and with that, my team was complete.

Eileen (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Eileen, the star of the show! Mega Gardevoir seriously needs some love guys. I mean really, what's wrong with it? 165 special attack and the ability to go through substitute? Literally two weaknesses, and lots of resistances plus a dragon immunity? The ability to check Mega-Lucario? Is a base 65 def stat and a base 68 hp stat worth overlooking this monstrosity for? NO!!! Scolipede fixes every issue mega gardevoir has. Subpar speed? Let's give it a speed boost. Weak defense? Let's give it an iron defense. If passed a speed boost and an iron defense, Mega-Gardevoir can and will 6-0 the opposing team with ease. Fantastic coverage moves, the ability to go through subs, and we're done here. The only thing gardevoir is unable to go through is pink blobs (chantey, blissey, sylvan who I now consider a blob, clefable), which are easily dealt with by entei.

Come On (Scolipede) @ Red Card
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Iron Defense
- Substitute

Scolipede, the REAL star of the show! He is completely essential to the entire team, as every single member benefits from the setups he creates. As such, he needs to be used carefully. VERY carefully. Scolipede comes in on a slower physical attacker or a supportive/defensive mon, using iron defense or substitute accordingly. If I see that the opponent doesn't have any phazer, then scolipede will be my lead. Scolipede is equipped with a red card to force the opponent to waste another turn switching, allowing scolipede another boost. I believe that I just said scolipede 6 times in one paragraph.

Aye (Entei) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Entei has had a hard life. A stealth rock weakness never makes a pokemon happy... even one with an uber-level BST. Nothing ever quite works out for him.... until now. The invention of assault vest is a godsend for our doggy friend (and his doggy friends too... Here's to you, raikou and suicune!), and while it might still not make him OU material, scolipede can remedy that with a swords dance or iron defense. Entei actually does incredible damage with sacred fire, the best fire type move in the game which seems to have a 100% burn chance as luck would have it, has extremespeed to revenge kill even priority users, bulldoze to create setup opportunities and hit heatran, and pseudo edge quake. I originally used infernape, but it is so outclassed by Entei. I don't understand why nobody has realized this guy's potential. I would use flash fire, but it seems that smogon won't allow it.

Rye (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Here to remedy Entei and Scolipede's annoying sneaky pebbles issue is Excadrill. Excadrill uses rapin spin and sets up his own sneaky pebbles to boot. He sports an electric immunity too, which is always useful. He can also receive baton pass boosts from scolipede quite well, and sweep with nice coverage. Mold breaker allows me to hit rotor-w and gengar super effectively. The focus sash allows for many surprising kills, especially on the ever-deadly SMOGONBIRD (talonflame, for those who don't know). However, it is broken by the very sneaky pebbles that excadrill removes, meaning that it is not quite reliable. Luckily, Rotom-W and Entei can also deal with the bird.

Toora (Celebi) @ Red Card
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Leaf Storm
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass

This is a classic special sweeper/baton pass celebi, and what do we have here? A red card! The red card is my new favorite item, simply due to how much it messes with people's strategies. You thought you were going to come in and 2hko my celebi, huh? Well, NOT ANYMORE. It can also pile on the steath rock damage on things that are weak to it. Leaf storm is an extremely powerful stab, and the special attack drop is nullified by nasty plot. Nasty Plot, by the way, is nice. If my scolipede has failed, I can always try to set up a sweep with celebi. Celebi can baton pass special attack boosts to gardevoir or rotom-w, causing teams to get even more wrecked by their powerful coverage. Celebi acts as my water type counter as well as my backup plan, in the event that scolipede fails in his job (or I do something extraordinarily stupid).

I'm considering replacing earth power for psychic, as I already have lots of ground type coverage.

Loo (Rotom-Wash) @ Red Card
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse

Using Rotom-W actually causes me physical pain. This is the most overused annoying... I have so many things to say about rotom-w, but I'll leave that to some rant in the tiering page I suppose ;p. I'm going hipster by abusing... A third red card, and bulky offensive rotom-w. WHAAAAAAT?! NO VOLT-SWITCH??? No, I'm not using volt switch. The mobility has not helped my team at all so far. Now, moving on. Rotom-W makes for yet another great baton pass recipient, with its subpar speed getting boosted by a ton. It can also get baton passes from celebi, taking its special attack even higher than before. Ghost and dark type coverage together are sort of worthless, but rotom's movepool isn't all that big, and
rotom does his job admirably anyways.

I'm considering replacing shadow ball or dark pulse with hidden power ice.

The game plan:
Set up and sweep at the first opportunity you get. This team relies on baton pass boosts, but can function without them easily in a pinch, usually by just sending out an attacker and then just letting them sit there and attack. It's much more effective than it sounds, really. There's almost no switching around or predicting done, basically just attack attack attack. It's like the perfect beginner team I swear. By abusing the red cards, opponents are forced to play around YOU, rather than the other way around. Phazers can be an issue if they switch into scolipede, but all that's really needed is to kill them off. Common phazers include skarmory, who's killed by entei and rotom, hippowdon, whos killed by celebi, gardevoir, and rotom, etc. Everything is easily counterable in this team.

So that's it guys, thank you for reading my team! Rates and constructive criticism are welcome, please say something in the comments below! I'm always looking to improve this team as much as possible!

Oh, and by the way, if somebody could tell me how to add spoiler tags on smogon, that'd be great because I'm sort of clueless haha.

*Disclaimer: I do not own the pictures, sprites, or video. They all belong to... other people. That I don't remember and don't want to look up again.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)