Tornadus (Placeholder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/641.shtml

[SET]
name: Attacking Lead
move 1: Hurricane
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Taunt
item: Life Orb
ability: Prankster
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET]
name: Choice
move 1: Hurricane
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice
move 4: U-turn
item: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
ability: Prankster
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[Other Options]

[Checks and Counters]

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tornadus in ubers. Why didn't I think of that? :<

Anyway, I think you should rename the set Ubers Life Orb or something, and just mention how it makes an effective lead.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure why you would use this over Thundurus. It has exactly the same stats and moveset - Hurricane(rather useless) + a useful Electric STAB Thunder which allows it to kill Kyogre with ease which incidentally Tornadus fails do do with Grass Knot. Hell, Thundurus even gets access to Thunder Wave and Volt Switch, allowing it act as a useful pivot. However, if Tornadus does have some kind of subtle niche( rather unlikely) you should highly stress on that throughout the analysis.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure why you would use this over Thundurus. It has exactly the same stats and moveset - Hurricane(rather useless) + a useful Electric STAB Thunder which allows it to kill Kyogre with ease which incidentally Tornadus fails do do with Grass Knot. Hell, Thundurus even gets access to Thunder Wave and Volt Switch, allowing it act as a useful pivot. However, if Tornadus does have some kind of subtle niche( rather unlikely) you should highly stress on that throughout the analysis.
Flying STAB is actually pretty great in Ubers since very few common things resist it, and the ones that do get owned by Focus Blast. (TTar, Heatram, Dialga, etc).

U-turn needs to be an option somewhere for scouting purposes.

I'm not sure how good this would be but maybe try a Bulk Up set?

[SET]
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Acrobatics
move 3: Brick Break
move 4: Return / U-turn
item: Flying Gem
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

The Defense boost from Bulk Up can give you protection against priority that would normally rip through Tornadus's bad defenses, and STAB Acrobatics is pretty powerful and runs off of Tornadus's solid base 115 Attack stat. You can strike at most Ubers' weaker physical defense as well. Acrobatics is STAB, with Flying Gem you hopefully have enough inital power to blast through the foe's physical tank so you can continue sweeping with you new base 110 STAB attack. Brick Break is for Steel-types and screens breaking. It owns Tyranitar but likely won't kill Heatran or Dialga wiyhout prior damage, so watch out. Return is your best attack against Zekrom, but U-turn can be used for scouting and softening up walls.

You also have the advantage of your best STAB not being weather reliant like Hurricane is. You're also not outclassed by Thundurus since it doesn't learn Acrobatics. :P

Its worth trying at least.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, pretty much why Tornadus is still used in OU when Thundurus is around, so yeah.

EDIT: 4 of a kind 2s

EDIT2: Oh, yeah, I'll give the Bulk Up set a try. I was thinking maybe Grass Knot or Taunt in the last slot, Grass Knot to deal plenty of damage to Groudon, while Taunt annoys the hell out of Lugia and Giratina. Hammer Arm may also be an option over Brick Break to catch Dialga and stuff off guard.

I might also test:

Tornadus @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

shrang said:
while Taunt annoys the hell out of Lugia and Giratina. Hammer Arm may also be an option over Brick Break to catch Dialga and stuff off guard.
Both will just Dragon Tail you out. Lugia can just Ice Beam you if it lacks Dragon Tail. Hammer Arm lowers Speed which means you lost the cool Speed stat but I guess it can surprise Dialga or Heatran.

I think the Specs set is OK since few things enjoy Specs Hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)