Tortferngatr vs Quantum Derp (ref is BZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's Battle is between Tortferngatr and Quantum Derp.​

We are all gathered here today to watch a good old pokemon battle aren't we? We'll thats why I'm here, also because, you know, I'm reffing it and all. Now just so everyone knows, heres the rules for todays match​

2v2 doubles
Beginner Battle
3 day dq
no recoveries/5 chills
Switch=lol
All abilities
No items

The Arena: Pure Springs
An area that was at one point hit by a meteor shower covering it in craters which are now filled with some of the purest water in the world filling the craters via underground springs. The water in the craters has no sediment or any lifeforms within it. The landscape is pockmarked with the craters, though they are not very deep, the deepest ones are no deeper than 3 feet. Otherwise the landscape is rather rocky. There is a large Obelisk in the middle of the area built by Native people who believed the spot to be sacred. While the Obelisk has no inherent powers it is over 15 feet high and extremely strong making it a perfect place to bombard enemies using ranged attacks from.

QD Team

Rhyhorn(*) Stampede (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Attack)
Type: Ground/Rock
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities: Lightningrod, Rock Head

Lightningrod: (Innate) These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they tranfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.
Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Reckless (LOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon has an innately aggressive nature that lets it use all-out attacks with recoil more effectively. Recoil attacks from this Pokemon have two (2) more Base Attack Power, and recoil percentage is unaffected.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 25

EC: 1/9
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks:

Horn Attack(*)
Stomp(*)
Tail Whip(*)
Fury Attack(*)
Scary Face(*)
Rock Blast(*)
Earthquake
Megahorn

Roar(*)
Substitute(*)
Rock Polish(*)

Crunch(*)
Crush Claw(*)
Dragon Rush(*)

Horsea(*) Broseidon (M)
Nature: Naughty (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Defense)
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities: Swift Swim, Sniper

Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Sniper: (Innate) This Pokemon has deadly accuracy and strikes sensitive points, increasing its critical hit bonus from +3 to +5 on single attacks, +2 to +3 on two-hit attacks, and +1 to +2 on multi-hit attacks.
Damp: LOCKED (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Stats

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 0 (-)
Spe: 60

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks

Bubble(*)
SmokeScreen(*)
Leer(*)
Water Gun(*)
Focus Energy(*)
BubbleBeam(*)
Agility(*)

Ice Beam(*)
Surf(*)
Waterfall(*)

Outrage(*)
DragonBreath(*)
Signal Beam(*)

and Tortferngatr's team

Monohm (Flash) M
Nature: Timid (Subtracts one Rank from Attack; A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +14% increase in accuracy (69^2/350, rounded up) on this Pokemon's attacks)
Type: Electric/Dragon
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Shield Dust: (Innate) This pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Ability 2: Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
Ability 3: Sheer Force (DW, not yet unlocked): (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Stats: 48/50-/68/62/40/60+

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 69 (+)

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Tackle
Growl
Leer
Dragon Rage
Charge
Thundershock
Rain Dance
Twister
Spark
Sonicboom

Heal Bell
Hydro Pump
Magnet Rise

Fire Blast
Thunder
Volt switch

Snorunt Frigid (F)]
Nature: Timid (A 15% increase in Base Speed [Rounded Up] and a +7% (58^2/500) flat increase in accuracy on this Pokemon's attacks; -1 Rank in Attack)

Type: Ice
Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Stats: 50/50-/50/50/50/50+

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 58 (+)

EC: 2/6
MC: 1
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Ability 1: Ice Body: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in Icy conditions and can absorb energy from Hailstones to recover two (2) HP/action in Hail.
Ability 2: Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Ability 3: Moody (DW, not yet unlocked): (Innate) This Pokemon's traits are always fluctuating from one strength to another. At the end of each round, one of the Pokemon's stats (Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed, Accuracy, Evasion) will be boosted by two (2) stages and another will be reduced by one (1) stage. This stat change lasts until the end of that round, where Moody is re-applied, overwriting the boosted and dropped stats. This stat boost/drop occurs outside the normal boosts/drops.

Attacks:
Powder Snow
Leer
Double Team
Bite
Icy Wind
Headbutt
Protect
Blizzard

Disable
Weather Ball
Fake tears
Bide

Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Fire, base 7)
Substitute

Cranidos (Fracture) (M)
Nature: Mild (Defense decreased by one rank, Special Attack increased by one rank)
Type: Rock
Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Stats: 67/125/40-/30+/30/58
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 58

EC: 1/6
DC: 1/5

Ability:
Ability 1: Mold Breaker: (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)
Ability 2: Sheer Force: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Attacks:
Headbutt
Leer
Focus Energy
Pursuit
Take Down
Scary Face
Assurance
Zen Headbutt

Crunch
Hammer Arm
Iron Head

Blizzard
Fire Blast
Rock Slide
Earthquake

So whats going to happen is that seeing as QD only sent 2 pokemon they are sent out already, so it kind of goes like this

Tortferngatr sends out his pokemon w/ actions
Then QD will give his actions
Then I'll ref
QD actions
Tort actions, so on and so forth

Btw, sorry about the pictures being in a different hide tag, I honestly keep fixing it, but the fixes won't save. I don't know why

"Go, Flash and Frigid!"

"Alright-Flash, start by using Magnet Rise to block out Rhyhorn, then Charge, then release a boosted Thunder at Horsea!

If Rhyhorn Roars, capitalize with a Hydro Pump!

Frigid, let's help Flash out by blasting an Icy Wind at them! After that, Blizzard, and Shadow Ball Horsea!"

Stampede, on the first turn I want you to set up a 15 hp Substitute on the first turn and a follow that up by pounding Frigid twice with Rock Blast. Broseidon start by boosting your speed with Agility and then show your powers as god of the Brocean by hitting Flash twice with Outrage to see if you can break his resistance! (Geddit cause he's a MonOHM)

Stampede: Substitute 15 Hp - Rock Blast x2 @Frigid

Broseidon: Agility - Outrage x2 @Flash

Hp:100
Energy:100

and

Hp:90
Energy:100

Vs.​

Energy: 100​

and​

Energy:100​

Round 1: Welcome to the stage​
Lets waste no time, the pokemon here look ready to go! Monohm takes a commanding speed victory and starts off with a Magnet Rise lifting it right off the ground as it begins to shine yellow. Its intense! Now Horsey must feel scared about Monohm basically flying, and it begins to move rapidly around the pool that it is in, it must be Agility! Snorunt must have though it was too hot because he launches a Icy Wind which slows both Rhyhorn and Horsey down. Rhyhorn ends with creating subsitute with 15 of its on HP.​

With the boost in speed, even with Icy winds, Horsey manages to be faster than Monohm, and begins to Rage, Outrage, that is and deals decent damage to Monohm. Who decides to Charge up for next round, and his teammate, Snorunt uses Blizzard on a Rhyhorn who is weak to ice type attacks. While Rhyhorn uses Rock blast on Snorunt.​

Horsey continues to Outrage at Monohm, while Monohm launches a Thunder, but forgetting about Rhyhorn, who's Lighting Rod ability kicks in, he absorbed the attack, protecting Horsey from trouble. Snorunt uses a Shadow Ball at Horsey which connects and deals good damage, but also it lowers it's SpD by one. Rhyhorn uses Rock Blast towards Snorunt dealing solid damage​

Hp:71
Energy:74
Others: -1 Speed(1),
and

Hp:67
Energy:77
Others: +1 Speed(1), -1 SpD(1)

Vs.​

Hp:56
Energy: 79
Others: Magnet Rise, +1 SpD,
+3 eletric BAP 4 actions remaining.​

and​

Hp:54
Energy:82​

I think I have everything right, sorry this took a little while. Doubles battles confuse me a bit. haha hope you guys understand.

Edit: Tortferngatr let me in on my extreme fail in Rock Blast's damage, so I fix'd Snorunt's Hp and also took away Rhyhorn's SpA boost because I guess I read the thing wrong. My bad. Sorry guys. Everything else should be correct though.​

Broseidon Outrage one more turn then chill to remove your confusion at the bottom of your pool. Follow that up by blasting an Ice Beam at Flash. Rhyhorn hit Flash with a Dragon Rush and follow it up with 2 Rock Blasts at Frigid.

Sorry bout the long time between posts I've really busy with exams.

"Flash: Hydro Pump Rhyhorn until he's down!
If Rhyhorn's been KO'd, use Thunder on Horsea!
Frigid: Use Icy Wind, then Disable Rhyhorn's Rock Blast! After that, use Fake Tears on Horsea!"

Hp:71
Energy:74
and

Hp:67
Energy:77
Others: +1 Speed(1), -1 SpD(1)

Vs.​

Hp:56
Energy: 79
+3 eletric BAP 4 actions remaining.
and

Energy:82​
Horsea whose still in an Outrage, hits monohm again for decent damage. but its outrage seems to end and he becomes confused. While Monohm blasts Rhyhorn with a Hydro Pump for super effective damage, and Snorunt attacks with Icy Wind to put some damage on both of them. Painful indeed, it also seems to slow them down! Its a two for one! Rhyhorn attempts to use Dragon rush, but the attack misses its mark. Horsea decides to chill and not do anything for the second action while Monohm keeps up the water works with Hydro Pump which finally Knocks poor Rhyhorn out. Snorunt goes for a Disable but his target isn't there anymore. Horsea goes for the Ice beam to hit Monohm in an attempt to avenge his friend Rhyhorn, and it connects for super effective damage!
Monohm charges up for a boosted Thunder attack which hits Horsea for massive damage, and Snorunt uses Fake Tears to lower Horsea's SpD to
-2, pretty over kill if you ask me.

Hp:0
Energy:0
and

Hp:21
Energy:73
Others: -2 SpD(1)

Vs.​

Hp:22
Energy: 51
+3 eletric BAP 1 actions remaining.
and

Energy:64​

...Dang. It seems like Monohm will get all the KO counters this match...

Anyways Flash, let's take advantage of that substandard special defense and finish Horsea off with a ThunderShock! SPAM IT!

Frigid-Stand by with Shadow Ball spam!

Let's have a round of applause for Stampede's utter failure. Broseidon Outrage that Monohm and see if you can't get at least one KOC. (Lucky crit?)

Hp:21
Energy:73

Vs.​

Energy: 51
and

Energy:64
Looks like folks, this match might be ending this round. We have both Monohm and Snorunt ganging up on Horsea. But who knows! Horesa no longer has the speed advantage, so Monohm goes first with a powerful Thunder Shock attack, which shocks the poor guy into submission.

Hp:0
Energy:0

Vs.​

Energy: 47
and

Energy:64

What an awesome match guys, thanks for letting me ref it.

Rewards
Tortferngatr gets 2 TC
Monohm gets 1 EC 2 MC 1 DC and 2 KOc
Snorunt gets 1 EC 2 MC 1 DC

QD gets 2 TC
Rhyhorn gets 1 EC 2 MC 1 DC
Horsea gets 1EC 2 MC 1 DC

I myself will be collecting 4 RC from the match. Thank you and I hope to either battle or ref you guys again sometime​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)