Tortferngatr vs ToastTyrant. T vs T Training. 2v2 toubles (Tetal Tagon teffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets get straight into it!

Looking for a simple training battle to help stengthen some of my team! :D

2 vs 2 Doubles [Training, no W/L/T]
2 Day DQ (preferably sooner, but hey, I won't mind)
ASB Arena
Certainly. If it's a training battle...well, I have a few weakmons I need levelled.
Switch=KO
Items=Off
Abilities=all
Team Toast
Revenankh(*)
Apparit(M)
Nature: Impish (+1 Rank to Defense, -1 Rank from Special Attack)
Type: Ghost / Fighting
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
FightingFighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters​

Abilities: Shed Skin, Air Lock
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Air Lock: (Innate) This Pokemon releases immense barometric pressure, clearing the weather in the arena and preventing the effect of weather moves and abilities from taking place.
Mummy (DW LOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon's skin has a lasting curse on it. When strucky by an opponents contact move, the curse transfers, changing the opponent's ability(ies) to Mummy for the next six (6) actions.​

MC 2
DC 2/5​

Stats
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 65
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 20​

Attacks
Wrap
Bide
Sand Tomb
Wring Out
Rock Tomb
Arm Thrust
Mean Look
Glare
Shadow Punch​

Force Palm
Counter
Shadow Sneak​

Toxic
Taunt
Rock Slide​

Gallade(*)
Hadouken(M)

Nature: Naive (+15% Sped, +10% Accuracy, -1 Rank Special Defense)
Type: Psychic / Fighting
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities: Steadfast
Steadfast: (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases Speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This Speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Justified (DW LOCKED): (Innate)This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by another Pokemon's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3 (-)
Spe: 92 (80*1.15^) (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 21

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Attacks
Growl
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
Calm Mind
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Heal Pulse

Shadow Sneak
Encore
Disable

Thunderbolt
Toxic
Rest
~~~
Will-o'-Wisp
Hypnosis
Taunt
Future Sight
Night Slash
Leaf Blade

Swords Dance
Focus Blast
Total Moves: 22

Team Tort

Weedle [Format Rip] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * from SpA)

Type: Bug/Poison
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This Pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Run Away (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3(+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1(-1)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 50
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1

EC: 0/5
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Poison Sting
String Shot
Bug Bite

Total Moves: 3

Combee [FLADoS] (F)
Nature: QUIRKY
Type: Bug/Flying
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Honey Gather (Innate) This Pokemon emits a scent of sweet honey that lowers all foes' Evasion by one (1) Stage.
Ability 2: Hustle (Can be Enabled, DW not yet unlocked) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Stats: 30/30/42/30/42/70

Attack: Rank 2
Defense: Rank 2
Special Attack: Rank 2
Special Defense: Rank 2
Speed: 70
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 1/6
MC: 2
DC: 1/5
Unused KOC: 2

Attacks:

Sweet Scent
Gust
Bug Bite

Ominous Wind
Tailwind
Air Cutter

Total Moves: Irrelevant.

All pokemon are automatically sent out.

Tort then toast actionwise.

Destory each other while I read the new Percy Jackson book.

...Well, I knew it would be a training battle...

"Format Rip: Poison Sting Gallade, Bug Bite Gallade, Poison Sting Gallade!
FLADoS: Tailwind, Gust Gallade, Air Cutter! If Gallade uses Taunt turn 1, use Air Cutter!"

"Oops, I didn't think they'd be...like...super tiny. :x"

Apparit: Rock Slide -> Rock Tomb (Combee) -> Rock Slide

Hadouken: Night Slash (Weedle) -> Thunderbolt (Combee) -> Night Slash (Weedle)

Round 1

Pre-Round
Toast Tyrant

Revanankh – Apparit (M)
Energy: 100
Stat Boosts:
Other:

Gallade - Hadouken (M)
Stat Boosts:
Other:

VS

Tortferngatr

Weedle – Format Rip (M)
Stat Boosts:
Other:

Combee – FLADoS (F)
Stat Boosts:
Other:

All Pokemon are already released. So everyone decides to start quickly!

Hadouken the Gallade is the first to leap into attack mode and uses night slash on Format Rip the Weedle! I’m pretty sure that was a crit! Even if it wasn’t it gave Format Rip a nasty scar. Tortferngatr decides to let Flados the Combee do something while Format Rip recovers. It’s not an attacking move however; she simply creates a strong tailwind to double the speed of Format Rip and herself. Format Rip, now faster than Toast Tryant’s Revananhkh named Apparit, uses Poison Sting on Hadouken the Gallade. Finally, Apparit gets his turn and uses Rock Slide on both foes! That is unarguably the hardest hit so far!

With tailwind in effect, Flados is first to move and takes advantage of that by using Gust on Hadouken! Format Rip keeps Hadouken feeling the pain and uses a chomping Bug Bite on him! Hadouken the Gallade finally gets his opportunity to strike back and he does! His thunderbolt on Flados did massive damage! Next up Apperit tries to launch a rock tomb at Flados but she gently flutters out of the way. The rocks end up on the worng side of the arena for an embarrassing miss.

Both Apparit and Hadouken get cut(ter) by air courtesy of Flados. Format Rip Poison Stings Hadouken again and then Hadouken gets tired of being picked on by Foramt Rip and Night Slashs him again! Thanks to Apparit’s Rock Slide which he created after Hadouken got out the way Foramt Rip is in critical condition while Flados isn’t fairing too well either. Toast Tyrant is predictabling dominating with his Fully Evolved Pokemon while Tort’s tiny Bugs are trying their hardest to no avail.

Thing then keep getting worse for Tortferngatr’s team as the tailwind petters out. O dear.
Post-Round
Toast Tyrant

Revanankh – Apparit (M)
HP: 91
Energy: 84
Stat Boosts:
Other:

Gallade - Hadouken (M)
HP: 58
Energy: 83
Stat Boosts:
Other:

VS

Tortferngatr

Weedle – Format Rip (M)
HP: 12
Energy: 93
Stat Boosts:
Other:

Combee – FLADoS (F)
HP: 40
Energy: 85
Stat Boosts:
Other:

Revanankh
Rock Slide 6 energy
17 damage to Weedle
25 damage to Combee
Rock Tomb @ combee 4 energy RNG rolled 87/100 for a miss
Rock Slide 6 energy
17 damage to Weedle
25 damage to Combee
Gallade
Night Slash @ weedle 5 energy 15 damage RNG rolled 2/16 for a crit
Thunderbolt @ combee 7 energy 17 damage
Night Slash @ weedle 5 energy 12 damage
Weedle
Poison Sting @ Gallade 2 energy 7 damage
Bug Bite @ Gallade 3 energy 9 damage
Poison Sting @ Gallade 2 energy 7 damage
Combee
Tailwind 10 energy, speed doubled for 3 actions
Gust @ Gallade 2 energy 8 damage
Air Cutter 3 energy
11 Damage to Gallade
9 damage to Revanankh

Gallade > Combee > Revenankh > Weedle

Toast

Alright guys, we should be able to finish this battle off by the end of this Round! Hadouken, start off by hitting F-R with a confusion, then hit FLADoS with two thunderbolts! Apparit, I want you to give FLADos an evil glare to slow her down a bit, then hit her with two rock slides!

Hadouken: Confusion (Weedle) -> Thunderbolt (Combee) -> Thunderbolt (Combee)

Apparit: Glare (Combee) -> Rock Slide (Combee) -> Rock Slide (Combee)

IF Weedle isn't KOed by Confusion, THEN repalce A1 with Rock Slide (both).

Tailwind: The Pokemon summons a strong wind that favors them over the opponent, doubling (2x) its team's Speed for six (6) actions. This move targets up to three (3) allied Pokemon in a multi-battle and maintains its effect on a Pokemon's position even if it is switched for another Pokemon.

Also, Air Cutter should have been affected by the 0.75x modifier to multi-target attacks.

"Either way, SHOW NO MERCY!

Weedle: Bug Bite Gallade, Poison Sting Gallade, Bug Bite Gallade!
Combee: Air Cutter, Gust Gallade, Air Cutter!"

Pre-Round
Toast Tyrant

Revanankh – Apparit (M)
HP: 91
Energy: 84
Stat Boosts:
Other:

Gallade - Hadouken (M)
HP: 58
Energy: 83
Stat Boosts:
Other:

VS
Tortferngatr

Weedle – Format Rip (M)
HP: 12
Energy: 93
Stat Boosts:
Other:

Combee – FLADoS (F)
HP: 40
Energy: 85
Stat Boosts:
Other:
Let’s get this party started!
Hadouken uses Confusion on Format Rip which leaves him at 1 HP! Apparit choose’s to spare Format Rip but Glares at Flados instead. Boring Bro. Finish this!

Hadouken doesn’t do what I asked and thunderbolts not Format Rip, but Flados! Apparit’s rock slide hits all opponents though and it which KO’s both pokemon!

Post-Round
Toast Tyrant

Revanankh – Apparit (M)
HP: 82
Energy: 72
Stat Boosts:
Other:

Gallade - Hadouken (M)
HP: 38
Energy: 74
Stat Boosts:
Other:

VS
Tortferngatr

Weedle – Format Rip (M)
HP: K
Energy: O
Stat Boosts:
Other:

Combee – FLADoS (F)
HP: K
Energy: O
Stat Boosts:
Other:

Revanankh
Glare @ combee 6 energy combee is now has 25% paralyse
Rock Slide 6 energy
17 damage to Weedle
25 damage to Combee
Gallade
Confusion @ weedle 2 energy 11 damage
Thunderbolt @ combee 7 energy 17 damage
Weedle
Bug Bite @ Gallade 3 energy 9 damage
KO’d
Combee
Air Cutter 3 energy
11 Damage to Gallade
9 damage to Revanankh
KO’d

Gallade > Combee > Revenankh > Weedle

Now after only two rounds it’s reward time.
2 TC to both trainers
Flados and Format Rip each get 1 EC, 2 MC and 1 DC
Hadouken gets 2 MC and 1 DC
Apparit gets 2 MC, 1 DC and 2 KOC
I get 4 RC for only two rounds reffing (yay).

No difference either way but I'm sorry I didn't take both into account. if you wish for me to redo the flavour to reflect the order everything went in I have the time. But in the end, it will be a waste of time.

EDIT: Flora is looking at the thread, so we'll get a verdict soon enough.

EDIT2: Not used to doubles sorry. I didn't realise the 0.75 nerf as I couldn't find it in the ref training ground and I mistaked the "3 ajasent (sorry about the spelling) pokemon" for "3 turns." Either way, I do apoligise but I'll keep to singles for awhile .

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Next time, do keep in account your players' fixes. This case it obviously didn't matter (Weedle? Combee?), but it could be devastating in some futuristic matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)