Tournament Idea (gogo species clause abuse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was thinking, teams with more than one of the same team might be quite interesting, and since few play without Species Clause I was wondering if anyone would be interested in such a tournament. It might have to have certain rules, like having to say from the beginning what pokemon you would have more than one of, and some other stuff.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Would your team have to consist of only one pokemon? Or, could you have up to 3 different Pokes? (since each poke on your team must be represented at least twice.) You need to be more clear!!

If you just make it a tournament without Species Clause I'd still do a normal 6-poke team, double Pokémon might be a nice surprise but it also enlarges your weakness.

i don't get some of this really, is it a tournament with all 6 of the same? Or a tournament where it is possible to like have 3 a poke and 3 b poke?

i might be interested..

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A one-pokemon team would be dumb because you'd then have some matches decided before they've even started, like 6 Salamences would all fail against any fast Ice attacker. Ok then, 3 same 3 different pokemon, that sounds good.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
You'd have to make the rules very specific. 3 different Pokes w/ 2 of each poke sounds the best to me.

Idea sounds great. The problem is going to be similar teams that end up in luck. Baton passing will be awesome, as I doubt someone will carry a pokemon just for hazing or phazing.

But sign me up, and as for me, I like the 2a, 2b, 2c thing.

And just a suggestion, perhaps limit the base stat totals of the three pokemon, because I see a lot of celebi (600), t-tar (600), metagross (600), zapdos (580), etc.

If say you said the most base stats of the three different types of pokemon would be something like 1600, then it would eliminate some of the gay 1800 base teams, or more specifically, prevent everyone using the same powerful Pokemon. Nonetheless, this is just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)