1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Tournament Match Round 2, Flamestrike vs Its_A_Random!

Discussion in 'Tournament Arena' started by Terrador, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Temperantia

Temperantia

Lol No Guard DynamicPunch is just... X_X
  2. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

No Guard Iron Fist DynamicPunch, to be precise :D
  3. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

gg Flamestrike, good luck for the rest of the tournament.

Thanks for the reffing Terrador & Fire Blast, much appreciated.

At this point, I could make a whole bunch of "excuses" as to why I didn't win, like "The confusion hax ruined me", or "If only I had Capers first & Sleast second" (The latter would've actually given me a huge advantage), but in the end, I didn't, & that's the way the cookie crumbles. Flamestrike did an incredibly good job against me. If there's any advice I could part with, it would be that...
    Sometimes, it's okay to spam a move. Sure you might lose a bit of energy, but in some cases, the tradeoff can be huge to the point that it could be well worth it. I mean, If you chose to spam Sheer Force Ice Beam instead of using what you did in Round 5, you had roughly a 19% chance of getting all three beams in, & at 33.75 damage a piece, you could've ORKOed me. The main point is, "To Spam or Not to Spam", basically.

Other than that, gg. Rematch in the future? Nevertheless, I have some shopping to do. I have 4 TC, Capers has 8 MC, & Sleast has 3 MC...What to do, what to do...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)