Tournament of Thieves 4 - Round 3

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Tournament of Thieves 1 - Host: Stone_Cold | Finals Thread | Winner: reyscarface
Tournament of Thieves 2 - Host: Stone_Cold | Finals Thread | Winner: Iconic

Approved by Zebraiken

tournament logo brought to you by the awesome LifeisDANK :heart:

The Tournament of Thieves 4

Hello tour players and casuals alike! Welcome to the "Tournament of Thieves!" Here is your chance to become your favorite battler. Your chance to have fun with other teams. The concept is fairly simple; each round, you and your opponent will simply go to Smogon's very own Rate my Team section (found HERE).
Each round I will post certain rules, and you will follow those rules to choose your team in the rate my team section. One round I may simply say you're only permitted to choose a team made in 2010. The next round I could say you have to choose a BW NU team to use. This tournament will have twists and turns and is guaranteed to be unpredictable until the end!​

Tournament Rules
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Tier rules will vary from round to round as this isn't mired in simply one gen/one format.
    • For anything that is a past gen or a perhaps less easily found format I will post the most current/recent VR thread (where applicable) as well as any special clauses/rules that apply in it.
  • Best of 1, single elimination UNTIL top 3/4 at which point it will be Best of 3 (it will be 3 separate tiers)
  • Battles should take place on either the PS (main) or Smogtours servers.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Battle Clauses:
  • 6v6
  • Sleep Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview (in applicable gens)
  • Moody Clause
Non-Standard Rules:
  • You may NOT use your own teams.
  • You may NOT use teams posted AFTER the date a round is posted.
    • i.e. Round 1 is posted on July 29th and this amazing new tele ORAS OU team is posted on June 30th - it isn't eligible to be picked for the entirety of that Round.
  • You MUST send me the team you choose (in SMOGON PMs ONLY) with the thread link. NO EXCEPTIONS
  • Replays are REQUIRED submission for the WINNER - either post in this thread or PM me here on smogon w/ the title "Tour of Thieves Round #"
  • Signups will be 50 first-come first-serve sign ups. I will then hand pick personally the last 14 according to who I believe is best fit for the final positions. I don't want lazy users and after seeing all the tours (mine included) recently full of activity/coinflip wins I feel this is fair :)
    • If this goes to 96 I'll make it so the first 75 are first-come first-serve and pick the remainder [21] myself.
    • If this goes to 128 I'll do 100 first-come first-serve and pick the remainder [28] myself.
  • Every round I will underline your name in the matchups list once the team you have send in has been approved. Do NOT play your games until I have confirmed that your team follows the round's rules and that I've seen it (check the thread OP to see if your name has been underlined).
Rounds will last one week apiece with the possible exception of Round 1 lasting two weeks (in case this hits a high number of entrants). I will be very strict on round deadlines, because needing to build a team is not an issue for this tournament. I encourage everybody to post when they are active and ready to play so that I can gauge activity at the end of the round. Otherwise, unfinished match advancements will be decided by coin flips.

With all of that said and over with - good luck to all and may you choose wisely!

R3 Matchups

Round 3 Deadline - Friday, September 9th @ 11:59pm EST

Last edited:

Crestfall

Round 3 - DPP OU BUT only teams posted in 2012 AND only those with 0-1 responses
Don't forget to PM me the link of the RMT you plan to use. Don't forget to save replays!!!
ONLY IF YOU WIN
do you need to do the latter part, loser's have no requirement
THINGS TO NOTE:
  • Standard DPP Rules and Bans.
    • Teambuilder will automatically enforce this stuff so no need to worry, if you're unsure about any legality just copy paste the team into the builder and hit Validate after selecting Gen 4 OU.
  • Responses from the OP (the one who posted the thread aka Original Poster) do NOT count towards the 1 response limit.
  • Messages that are purely moderation based (i.e. telling someone they need to have longer descriptions etc.) do NOT count towards the 1 response limit provided that no actual "team rating" was done in any part of the post.
  • You may NOT change the lead/order of the team!
  • You may only use Smogon's RMT (INCLUDING THREAD CRYONICS) section, nothing from other sites (apparently I need to confirm this).

Find teams HERE (RMT Archives) and HERE (DPP thread cryonics - old/closed forums).

Last edited:
opp used invalid team and told me to take win http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-189240

(could you please actually underline the names and confirm in PM when selected teams are valid? it's in the rules but it never happened unless I'm missing something)
Yeah lol followed the link that Crestfall posted and it only had invalid teams. My own fault i guess but idk why you'd link the past gen rmt's if the newest is from 2015

Crestfall

Yeah I shouldn't have linked past gen, that's my bad. Sorry if that was misleading, but still reading the post date of a team isn't that difficult either....this is round 3 now. Not really that hard to not break rules in this tour.

opp used invalid team and told me to take win http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-189240

(could you please actually underline the names and confirm in PM when selected teams are valid? it's in the rules but it never happened unless I'm missing something)
I've only been checking my Thieves related PMs as someone posts a win in the thread. I don't bother checking before because it's not my job to baby every single entrant and confirm that they know how to read and pick a proper team.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Yeah I shouldn't have linked past gen, that's my bad. Sorry if that was misleading, but still reading the post date of a team isn't that difficult either....this is round 3 now. Not really that hard to not break rules in this tour.

I've only been checking my Thieves related PMs as someone posts a win in the thread. I don't bother checking before because it's not my job to baby every single entrant and confirm that they know how to read and pick a proper team.
I agree, but then you should probably remove this from the main post in future rounds:
"Every round I will underline your name in the matchups list once the team you have send in has been approved. Do NOT play your games until I have confirmed that your team follows the round's rules and that I've seen it (I'll respond to the PM on top as well as underlining here)."

Crestfall

Yeah you're definitely correct, I think I got that from Stone Cold's original OP. That's entirely my fault, sorry (again).

Crestfall

I agree, but then you should probably remove this from the main post in future rounds:
"Every round I will underline your name in the matchups list once the team you have send in has been approved. Do NOT play your games until I have confirmed that your team follows the round's rules and that I've seen it (I'll respond to the PM on top as well as underlining here)."
I'm now underlining for every single approved PM. Also a new rule in response to a question that came up:
  • You may NOT change the lead/order of the team!

Crestfall

got extremely lucky in a game vs ItsBaku :/

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-431733655
also, I hadn't even seen the new underlining and approval rule until after the game was already played. Is my win valid?
Yeah your win is valid dude. I just haven't been home until right now and you PMd me earlier today so I was unable to underline your name before you played. You PMd me prior to your game so it's fine. The underline thing is really mainly for people who PM me earlier.

Crestfall

I don't plan to do any extensions for this round, you guys got a day left, please try to get it done...it's a pretty easy tour to fight for too; no reason shit needs to go to activity from past round 2 :(

If not right now the activity/coinflip situation looks like this:

Crestfall

Deadline is still 24 hours from the time of this post (approximately) - you can still play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)