Not open for further replies.
Approved by Kevin Garrett

THE TOURNAMENT OF THIEVES

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3

Past editions:

Tournament of Thieves - Won by reyscarface
Tournament of Thieves II - Won by Iconic​

Introduction

Hello ladies and gents! Welcome to the "Tournament of Thieves". Here is your chance to become your favorite battler. Your chance to have fun with other teams. The concept is fairly simple. Each round you and your opponent will simply go to Smogon's very own Rate my Team section. Each round I will post certain rules, and you will follow those rules to choose your team in the rate my team section. One round I could simply say you can only choose a team made in 2008. The next I could say you have to choose an ubers rate my team to use. This tournament will have twists and turns.

This is the third edition of this tournament. Two years and a new generation of Pokemon have come upon us since the last edition, meaning hundreds of new teams have been posted. Good luck to everyone; this may be your only chance to steal something!

Rules

Here are the rules for both DPP and BW:

• All DPP matches must be played on Shoddy Battle or Pokemon Online.
  • All tiers are based on Smogon tiers. The current status of the appropriate standard ladder will be function as the prevailing tier list.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KOing an opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Timed Battle must be enabled.
  • "No Spectators" is by default disabled, however, if both player agree to have it on, then you may use this clause. Additionally, if you are asked by either player to remove yourself from the battle and you are not a teammate of either battler, you will respect their request and leave the battle, on the threat of disqualification for that week.

All BW matches must be played on Pokemon Online.
  • All tiers are based on Smogon tiers. The current status of the appropriate standard ladder will be function as the prevailing tier list.
  • A player may not use any Item / Pokemon / Moveset that is not obtainable in-game.
  • Team preview must be enabled
  • Only Pokemon that have been proven to have a released Dream World ability will be allowed to use that ability.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move or item that specifically increases evasion. Indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KOing an opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Timed Battle must be enabled.
  • "No Spectators" is by default disabled, however, if both player agree to have it on, then you may use this clause. Additionally, if you are asked by either player to remove yourself from the battle and you are not a teammate of either battler, you will respect their request and leave the battle, on the threat of disqualification for that week.

• You may not use your own rate my teams in this tournament. If you do, you will be disqualified.
  • If a team is edited, you may use the original version of the team or the current version.
  • You must send your team to me with the link of the thread. No changes may be made to that team.
  • You must send your log to me after your match has been completed
  • This tournament will use First Come, First Serve for the first 62.5% of the players, and then the host must randomize amongst the remainder of signups for the last 37.5%.
  • This tournament will consist of either 64 or 128 members.

Round Four Rules:

Round four is BW Ubers! Besides the ability Moody, anything that is released is allowed here. The team may have any number of luvdiscs. You may not use your own RMT. You must PM me the link to the RMT!

Deadline:

The deadline for round four is Saturday, December 17 @ 11:59 PM GMT-4. Again, this should be plenty of time. Since this round is only one week long, there is no deadline for submitting your team. Please be as active as possible and keep me informed of your activity.

Pairings:

TalkingLion vs Scimjara
AndViet vs Malekith
Colchonero vs wilson46
Delta2777 vs Steven Snype
H-C vs MikeDecIsHere
D4RR3N vs Pedrock
Krack vs badabing
Iconic vs ENZ0

Bold: User has won
Underlined: User has submitted his / her team

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
TalkingLion vs Scimjara
AndViet vs Malekith
Colchonero vs wilson46
H-C vs MikeDecIsHere
D4RR3N vs Pedrock
Krack vs badabing
Iconic vs ENZ0

TalkingLion vs Scimjara
AndViet vs Malekith
Colchonero vs wilson46
H-C vs MikeDecIsHere
D4RR3N vs Pedrock
Krack vs badabing
Iconic vs ENZ0

TalkingLion vs Scimjara
AndViet vs Malekith
Colchonero vs wilson46
H-C vs MikeDecIsHere
D4RR3N vs Pedrock
Krack vs badabing
Iconic vs ENZ0

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
TalkingLion vs Scimjara
AndViet vs Malekith
Colchonero vs wilson46
H-C vs MikeDecIsHere
D4RR3N vs Pedrock
Krack vs badabing
Iconic vs ENZ0

TalkingLion vs Scimjara
AndViet vs Malekith
Colchonero vs wilson46
H-C vs MikeDecIsHere
D4RR3N vs Pedrock
Krack vs badabing
Iconic vs ENZ0

TalkingLion vs Scimjara
AndViet vs Malekith*
Colchonero* vs wilson46
Delta2777* vs Steven Snype
H-C* vs MikeDecIsHere
D4RR3N vs Pedrock*
Krack vs badabing*
Iconic vs ENZ0*

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
BS SUNDAE HATE

TalkingLion vs Scimjara
AndViet vs Malekith
Colchonero vs wilson46
H-C vs MikeDecIsHere
D4RR3N vs Pedrock
Krack vs badabing
Iconic vs ENZ0 - OOF really close

TalkingLion vs Scimjara
AndViet vs Malekith
Colchonero vs wilson46
H-C vs MikeDecIsHere
D4RR3N vs Pedrock
Krack vs badabing
Iconic vs ENZ0

TalkingLion vs Scimjara
AndViet vs Malekith
Colchonero vs wilson46
H-C vs MikeDecIsHere
D4RR3N vs Pedrock
Krack vs badabing
Iconic vs ENZ0

D4RR3N told me he won't be back til Sunday, bcuz of a short trip.

Is that possible an extension until Sunday to we play? =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)