SM OU Toxapex Balanced-Peaked #1 SM OU

Kory2600

cclm
Hello everyone,for my 1st ever RMT i will present my first SM OU competitive team ,which allowed me to stay on the top ladder OU for a long time.This team is a balanced with Hippowdon,Ferrothorn and Toxapex as defensive core and M-Metagross,Hydreigon and Thundurus-T as offensive core .

1.Teambuilding process

1.At the beginning , I wanted to create a team based on Toxapex , which is Extremly hard to ohko'ed thanks to massive defenses that offsets lower hp .Now i wanted to search a mon which can take hits from Tapu Koko,M-Metagross and Others Electric mons which ohko'ed Toxapex.

2.My choice has based on Hippowdon , Which beats M-Gross without flinch or Atk raise and Tapu Koko without grass knot.It takes electric spam easily and it can set SR so,why can i don't choose him ?

3.So this core is very bulky but Tapu Lele destroys me with Psychic.Ferothorn has a good MU against 2 mons too.I decided to choose a mon which can take psychic easily . Ferrothorn is always good on every games i played.He is a solid mon which can take many attacks easily with massive defenses and decent HP.
Besides,he can set spikes which is always good .

4.Now that i have a solid defensive core , I wanted a mon which take hits , had a good speed and to strike strong adv mons and which is better than Metagross.It has a good defenses even without defensives investments,has a 110 speed which is good and a 145 Atk stat plus Tough Claws , incredible .

5.A scarf with Volturn can be good with Gross so,why not Hydreigon ? It has a decent bulk , 125 Spa which is pretty good and good synergy with M-Meta .He is good against scarf Lando ,Opposing M-Gross and generally others high speed mons that Ohko'ed Gross .

6.And now finally to Celesteela and Tapu Fini/Ferrothorn or Fini/Landorus core , i wanted an electric mon which have levitate or flying type and hits extremly hard Opponent.Thundurus-T is perfect for this with 145(!)Spa and a decent 101 Spe . It destroys bo cores extremly easily with his incredible movepool and is rather rapid to doing his job .

The team in Details

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Recover

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Thundurus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast

3.Threatlist

Specs and lo protean Greninja : For protean it is beatable easily if it doensn't have extracensory.However even with Extracensory,It is beatable by Hydreigon.Specs ninja is very powerful:if he flinch Toxa, and/or has Battle Bond , il would be very difficult to beat him.

Celesteela:Without Thundurus-T , it would be very difficult to hit him.However,if you have sr , you can Whirlwind him and takes chip damages .

CM Sableye-Mega : Without no fairys attacks and no setup mons(and EH Stacking Team), M-Sab is fair to kill you don't have electrium-z Thundurus and 6-0 ur team if you don't kill with thundy .

Specs or Band Hoopa : Hoopa arrives = 1kill if hydra is low hp and i don't have pursuit on metagross.

Hp ground Volcarona : If your opponent kill Toxapex,Volcarona 5-0 your team if he has a free qd .

Sub-CM Keldeo : Gg if your Metagross has got chip damages .

Gyarados Mega and Fly-z : If gyara has sub,it would be very difficult to you .

4.Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-529597033 vs Bulky Off
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-528671071 vs BO again
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-527419418 vs Hyper Off
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-239774 vs Pearl's BO

Proof of peak

View attachment 78457 View attachment 78457
C4GDKg7WAAA1jh2.jpg

Hey :] liked your team, i have faced it plenty of times on the ladder and got raped half of them ( like, one half i was using stall, which your team cant actually beat, the other one i was using a real spikes weak balance, with which either i played like a god or i got raped) and i noticed that your landot switch in is ferrothorn lol, that cant eat landots hits at all, like, you cant switch in hydra or thundy on landorus T's face for obvious reasons ( aka u turn and rock type moves) and if its SD landot it almost aways will get a kill or get a pokemon low, so what i could sujest you is to use Skarmory over ferro and pursuit over BP on metagross, the way you can trap lele and have a decent landot check ( just counter that thing) while toxa still checks fine ash gren and protean ones lacking extra, you can even use defog on skarm if you feel so (its hazard stack team so i wouldnt ). Hope to have helped :] gz for the peak bro

Hello, Kory2600 I really like your team and I would like you give you some advices to make it better. But, firstly, I would say that you could use the sprites found here http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/ to make your RMT more pleasant to see. Let's start the rate ;)

Firstly, there are some current weaknesses of your team :

Stall : You just have no way of beating Stall. The combination of M-Sableye, Chansey and Skarmory completely walls your team. M-Sableye bounces back Whirlwind and your Entry Hazards, Chansey walls your special attackers (Thundurus-T and Hydreigon) and Skarmory walls M-Metagross.

M- Charizard Y and Volcarona : M-Charizard Y and Volcarona can just destroy your team if Toxapex is KOed or seriously weakened. AV thundurus-T isn't enough to take them and Hippowdown can't take many attacks. Volcarona in particular is dangerous because it can have HP Ground. Supersonic Skystrike Volcarona is also dangerous.

Pheromosa and/or Tapu Lele : The combination of Pheromosa and Tapu Lele destroys your team. Tapu Lele heavily pressures your Defensive core and Pheromosa pressures your Offensive. Tapu Lele also offers the Psychic Terrain to Pheromosa neutralising M-Metagross' Bullet Punch. Separately, they can also heavily damage your team. Twisted Spoon Tapu Lele destroys your Defensive core and can weaken Metagross, and then, sweep on late game. Once again, AV Thundurus and Ferrothorn aren't enough to take it because it hits hard and can have HP Fire. Pheromosa is stopped by Toxapex but can always damage your if it's weakened or KOed. QD All-Out-Pummeling can beat it if it's weakened around 50% it and its other versions can U-Turn out.

Now, I would like to propose you some changes to cover those weaknesses without having too many new weaknesses :

>>>> SpDef
AND
>>>> PhysDef

The first changes I would like to propose you are SpDef Excadrill over Hippowdon and PhysDef Skarmory over Ferrothorn. SpDef Excadrill is fine over Hippowdon because it gives you a Spinner as well as a Stealth Rocker able to wall Tapu Lele and a better check to Tapu Koko and to other Electric, Fairy and Steel Types in general. I really like it on your team because it helps to cover your weakness to Stall due to its ability to setup Stealth Rocks on M-Sableye thanks to Mold Breaker. Phys Def Skarmory can setup Spikes to maintain your Hazard Stacking Core. It's also a wonderful counter to M-Metagross without T-Punch and to many physical attackers. It also gives you a Ground immunity which is fine since your team is weak to Ground Types like Garchomp or Landorus-T. These two pokemons synergize well together and with your team. For the sets, you use classic SpDef Excadrill with Earthquake, Rapid Spin, Stealh Rock and Iron Head if you want a secondary STAB or Toxic to poison things like M-Sableye which gives you troubles. The Skarmory's set is also classic. You use Spikes, Whirlwind, Roost and Brave Bird or Iron Head as an Offensive move. I prefer Brave Bird because it allows you to hit Fighting and Bug Types like Keldeo, Volcarona and Pheromosa harder. You can take a Volcarona's hit if Sturdy is intact and then OHKO it with Brave Bird.

>>>> Specs
AND
>>>> Electrium Z/Zap Plate

The second changes I would like to propose you are Specs Ash-Greninja over Hydreigon and Electrium Z/Zap Plate Tapu Koko over Thundurus-T. Ash-Greninja is a better check to M-Metagross and puts a better Offensive pressure than Hydreigon. It also gives you another priority user to Revenge Kill dangerous sweepers combinated with Entry Hazards. It also forces Fire and Ground out or just beats them which is fine for the next member: Tapu Koko. Tapu Koko is here to complete the Volt-Turn Core and apply a great Offensive pressure combinated with Hazard Stacking. It is also a good check to Water and Fying Types which is fine for Ash-Greninja. I like Electrium Z on it because it is fine to pressure every team. It OHKOes Volcarona and help you against M-Sableye (it also OHKOes it) and Stall in general. But, if you don't want to do that, Zap Plate is always an option. You use the classic Ash-Greninja's set with Hydro Pump, Dark Pulse, Water Shuriken and U-Turn. On Tapu Koko, you use Thunderbolt for the powerful Stab, U-Turn for pivoting, Taunt, which helps you against Defensive threats like Jirachi which would want to use Wish, Healing Wish or Stealth Rock and prevents opposing Hazards Stacking, and HP Fire which helps you against Ferrothorn and Tangrowth, or Dazzling Gleam for the secondary STAB, but I prefer HP Fire.

Pursuit : This last change is a bit tricky. You can use Pursuit because it really improves your matchup against Tapu Lele and other Psychic Types and also Chansey. But, Bullet Punch is always good for priority spam with Ash-Greninja.

These changes make your team weaker to Tangrowth but if it's an AV, It will take many damages from M-Metagross' Meteor Mash and if it's a Rocky Helmet, Ash-Greninja will KO it with Dark Pulse. So, you can scout it's set with Tapu Koko and then beat it. Stall is also hard to beat but, between Toxic on Excadrill and/or Gigavolt Havoc on Tapu Koko, it's pretty manageable.

Importable of the new team :

http://pastebin.com/3tajAeZF

The Toxapex's spread has been presented by aim on he's Toxapex moveset video. It helps to take Ash-Greninja better. I have also replaced Toxic by Haze on it and slashed Leftovers with Rocky Helmet on Skarmory

I hope this 2 Hours rate will help help you. Good Luck ^_^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)