1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

toy

Discussion in 'Moderator Discussion' started by Mekkah, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

A while ago I slapped toy with some justified infractions which got him banned until January. Today I found out he wasn't willing to sit it out, as he posted a RMT under an alt account on Ever Grande. I searched his IP and found out he had two other alts in the wing, awaiting email activation. I banned them all, and profile infracted his normal account.

But to be honest, I would rather have banned him permanently. His posts have always been horrible to read. After being here for so long and shitting for so long, he simply doesn't learn. Up to now, he had a whopping 18 infractions on his record. When he ends up in "I could be banned!", he would just post art for a while, only barely making sure he doesn't get banned most of the time.

Also his avatar is gay and he uses =] in every single post.

But since I'm not allowed to bypass the infraction system with a good old "ban permanently" slap unless in "malicious", I'm asking you guys if you agree with me that toy does, in fact, deserve a permanent ban. He'll probably join forces with fun_key and evade every month or so though, or maybe an IP will work in his case.
  2. Misty

Misty oh
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I agree, it is readily apparent that the infraction system is not working, and we need to pursue other options.
  3. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I agree, and hereby stipulate that "a dozen" separate infractions (not points) may indeed be enough for a permanent ban.

edit: also, for what it's worth, i wasn't sure i agreed with that last infraction you gave him mekkah, but it really doesn't matter because one, he evidently had 17 before that which makes his leash as short as i think mop's is, and two, he did this shit to evade which is definitely permaban worthy so yeah
  4. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

I just did that to be on the safe side, I did not want a banning Mekkah (read) again. We're not in any hurry anyhow.
  5. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Evading a ban definitely ought to be worth a perm-ban, if it isn't already.
  6. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

Permbanned in the hope that the consent of 2 admins and another mod is enough.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)