1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Trevor Murray

Discussion in 'Past Gen Teams' started by tjmurray, Aug 25, 2012.

1. tjmurray

tjmurray

Hey guys! I know that this is a competitive battling site, but right now my team is going to be in a battle with my brothers team, and I want to know whether or not I will be able to take him on. Any changes in my team are welcome, I can only acquire Pokemon from HGSS. No Legendaries Please. Also the following pokemon are restricted: Tyranitar, Skarmory, Blastoise, Scizor, Blaziken, Jolteon, Wobbuffet, Dragonite, Weavile, and Quagsire. These are pokemon we have used previously and cannot be used again.

My Team:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Jolly
    Moves:
    -Stealth Rock -Taunt
    -Stone Edge - Earthquake

Aerodactyl's main purpose is to get stealth rock set up, and hopefully take out a pokemon. If my opponents lead is also trying to set up stealth rock, my superior speed can taunt and hopefully eliminate that pokemon before it can stealth rock at all.

Gengar@Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    Moves:
    -Shadow Ball -Focus Blast
    -Hypnosis -Dream Eater

Gengar has always been a favorite of mine. I plan to use him to put as many pokemon to sleep as possible and then chip away at their HP. So hypnosis is definitely a must.

Vaporeon@Choice Specs
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Modest
    Moves:
    -Surf -Ice Beam
    -Wish -Signal Beam

I feel like Vaporeon and its moveset will give me pretty good type coverage. I can Signal beam a water or flying, while Ice Beam hits hard against a possible dragon or flying. Wish is nice because it will help out some of my guys who may have already taken alot of hits.

Blissey@Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Bold
    Moves:
    -Softboiled -Aromatherapy
    -Seismic Toss - Healing Wish.

Blissey is just a beast. I plan on switching her into a hard hitting special sweeper, that way she can take hits and softboil her way through survival. if Blissey is about to die and softboiled is out of pp i will use healing wish to help another teamate. this pairs well with vaporeons "wish" because it will hopefully exhaust my opponents pp.

Magnezone@Shell Bell
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Nature: Timid
    Moves:
    -Thunderbolt -Substitute
    -Explosion -Hidden Power(Fire)

I chose magnezone over electivire for its ability. i rather like being able to destroy steel types, and i needed a good electric type. if a steel type is thrown in, i will counter it with a hopefully unsuspected hidden power. electric also covers alot of my brothers weaknesses.

Heracoss@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Bold
    Moves:
    -Aerial Ace -Brick Break
    -Megahorn -Close Combat

My number one favorite pokemon. with choice scarf i can outspeed most threats. if i am facing a steel type that uses reflect(Bronzong) then brick break will eliminate that threat. Close combat is good for almost any pokemon, i love its raw power.

This is my team thus far. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

My Brothers Team is as follows:

Swampert, Venusaur, Crobat, Togekiss, Starmie, Foretress.

Again, thank you for any help!
  2. LUST

LUST
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Well this is an unusual RMT, I don't mind keeping it up but you should really mention your Pokemon's stats in the OP. As for beating your "brother", a pure theorymon team would had been sufficient, like any variants of Zapdos which wrecks his team. Also moving this thread to Past Generation teams sub-forum since it is an DPP team.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)