VGC Trick Room + Mawile = Fast Wins! VGC RMT/PC Team Report

Kyle Ayala's War Story: March 25, 2015 Premier Challenge

So after regionals, I was pretty bummed out about missing out on top cut. However, 2 weeks after, there was a PC. So i was like, Wynaut? So 2 weeks later, i come over to the venue with a tweaked regionals team. I replaced Shuca Berry with Chople Berry and life orb with choice specs. The team was:
Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 60 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
Sharkeisha AKA Mrs. Worldstar. She netted me so many 2 hit Ko's against mons that don't resist. and the helping hand anything just dies.
252+ SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Mawile: 132-156 (84 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Cresselia (F) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Trick Room
Cresselia was a key player for me to stop mega venusaur. it also helped vs the Lando-T matchup. It also reliably got trick room up for me against rain teams ( and Amoonguss -_-). Overall, it was my trick room setter that died almost every game despite its natural bulk. It was there to OHKO 4 hp lando t and have a chance to kill mega salamence.
164+ SpA Cresselia Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 172-204 (104.2 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
164+ SpA Cresselia Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 156-188 (91.2 - 109.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
Heatran @ Chople Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 44 HP / 100 Def / 252 SpA / 108 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect
Heatran was one of the prime time players to help with charizards that are running rampant in the Meta. it also was a flying resist against talon shit. Come to think of it, i have 2 checks to talonflame.
Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 180 Atk / 212 Def / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
Hariyama was my Fake-outter and also a Trick room sweeper. It also operated outside very well, since hariyama netted a lot of Ko's with a helping hand boost from cresselia. In the battle Videos, you will see what i mean. all the moves are standard on hariyama ,however.
Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 60 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
The washing machine of doom. This thing was contributing so much, especially the last game where I outsped his bulky charizard. it also outsped bisharp, but i only ran into one, and the one i ran into, i didn't bring it against it, because it was a win condition. I changed rotom's evs since i wanted to take physical hits a bit better.
Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Level: 50
EVs: 24 HP / 108 Def / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Taunt
Hydreigon was a toss-up for em in this last slot. At first, i thought it was not gonna help me out a lot, but now i realize how much it helps me. It hits like a freight train, and it helps vs metagross. Furthermore, it helped me identify what kinds of charizard and kangas i was facing, since the hydreigon was timid max speed. Overall, it really got me a feel of what i was facing.
252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Double-Edge vs. 24 HP / 108 Def Hydreigon: 153-181 (90 - 106.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Aerilate Salamence Double-Edge vs. 24 HP / 108 Def Hydreigon: 141-166 (82.9 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Round 1
this round was a blur. I forgot to save the battle video... frown emoticon
Round 2 vs Jaraxxus (CS4W-WWWW-WWXL-D5AD)
Gastrodon, Blaziken, Amoonguss, Bisharp, X, and X.
The matchup against my team was by far the worst matchup I had all day. the one thing i needed to use was rotom wash but i didn't bring it so it ultimately lost me the game.
Round 3 vs Chris (6XHG-WWWW-WWXL-D5BH)
Metagross, rotom-wash, volcarona, tyranitar, X, and X.
This team matchup was decent at best. To be honest, it can go either way. The thing i had to watch out for was his ttar and his volcarona, mainly because it can stop my trick room if targetted down, so i led off with mawile so i can live a hit. He starts quiver dancing and crunching my cresselia. I switched the dimensions and i had to wear down his volcarona from there. weakness policy and low kick on the ttar really put me against the wall, but i sac'd the cress to get a fresh in to tran. I EP the ttar while letting hariyama die. Now its a 50-50 play. turns out he didnt have sub and nailed the meta while getting the win. 2-0
Round 4 vs Adrian
aromatisse, camerupt, conkeldurr, amoonguss, X, xand X
I was facing a terrible trick room mirror btw frown emoticon
All i remember from this was there was a 50-50 play in the late game. I won it by my friend choking. So i am inside for round 5.

Round 5 vs Marcus Jones (TY9W-WWWW-WWXL-D5CB)
politoed, ludicolo, metagross, thundurus, hydreigon, and X)
When i first started talking to him, he sounded soooo much like shofu. But he kept denying it lol. But anyways it was a rain team, so it was super fast and super offensive, so I knew he had to fake out cresselia so i helping handed draco'd the ludi to kill it so my rotom can be a pest and sweep. he revealed the substitute so i kept a mental note of that so i can use it in top cut late on in the day.
TOP CUT**********************8***

Top 8 vs Marcus (7XDG-WWWW-WWXL-D8AA)
I already explained the team and what not so ill get right into it. Game 1 I led off with cress + hari to get huge damage off first turn and so behold, i kill hydreigon trying to target down my cresselia. I Close combat the hydreigon to kill it and next turn i helping hand Close combat the ludicolo while my cress dies. i use thunderbolt on toad and get the paralyze. it mattered because i would have to sucker punch that instead of targetting the metagross. Ultimately I won the set 2-0. I shook his hand and went on to the next round.

Top 4 vs Justin Kilburn (HD3W-WWWW-WWXL-D8B9)
Venusaur, Scrafty, Swampert, Scizor, Cresselia, and X
This guy came from West palm to play at the PC so i had to block him since I dont like giving people easy CP. His team was a semi TR team with a cresselia on it, so i knew from then i was gonna have a hard time. Game 1 Literally had everything going my way. Misses, crits, you name it. Out of respects to the opponent, I will not put game 2. 2-0

Finals vs Andres Morales (3S4G-WWWW-WWXL-D8CM, 7LKW-WWWW-WWXL-D8DV, USVG-WWWW-WWXL-D8EU)
Aerodactyl, Swampert, Charizard, Ludicolo, Aegislash, and X

Going into this match, I was expecting charizard adn aero leads all day long. the first game, i misplayed first turn by trying to use rock slide and kill zard, but tbh trick room first turn was the best play. from there it went down hill into bodybag week.
Game 2, I took a deep breath and led off with cress heatran. I went for ice beam first turn and he went for the U-turn into swampert. i use ice beam and let cress die while i switch into my rotom. i predict him not to kings shield and kill his aegis with a hydro pump. he brings in zard and i double into it since swamp wasnt a threat at all. i switch out dreigon so i can preserve it to sweep late game since sun wont last forever. i burn land t so it can do a lot of damage in the long term. It worked oit for me so i can kill swamp and win with dreigon in the back.
Game 3, I knew he was gonna hit me with a surprise, so I played cautiously. It worked for me last game so i led with the same lead while he leads differently with zard + ludicolo. he switched out zard automatically and predicted him to fake out cresselia and got behind a sub. next turn i get up trick room and try to capitalize from there when he revealed EQ. when he killed cress it helped out a lot since i can bring in hydreigon after tr ends since it outsped all his pokemon. when ludicolo and pert died i knew it was over, because heatran was my win conditon by far, since he revealed all his 4 moves.

*****************************************Overview **************************************

When I was playing, I would try to keep a cool head, becaue tbh, I was acting really arrogant during top cut, and also, I was thinking out loud while i was playing so my opponent got real mad and what not saying " oh he announced that he got a free kill". I took from that and moved on to the climb for the top 40.

My team is basically the same from regionals besides rotom had 40 defense instead of spdef and heatran with chople instead of shuca. I had so many ground immunities anyways.

Hopefully, you guys can learn a lesson from this report. Feel free to leave opinions on the team in the comments and what you would use over what i use (Please Justify).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)