1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Trick Room RMT~!

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by NiGHtsBeta09, Feb 22, 2011.

1. NiGHtsBeta09

NiGHtsBeta09

Hey, guys~! I'm still getting into competitive battling in B/W, but I'm starting to see what's good and bad now, at least! :3 Anyway, I noticed that most of the new Pokemon that I most like are, well... slow as all heck... Suck as Enbuoh and Gigaiasu. ^^; So given that, I looked up some strategies and ideas for how to use a Trick Room team, since I've though of it before, but never actually got down to making one. Now that we have 5th Gen, There's more of a reason than ever for me to try one out! :3 So here's my team thus far~

[​IMG]

Rankurusu @ Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SAtk
    Nature: Quiet
    - Trick Room
    - Psycho Shock
    - Recover
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

This is my main Trick Room user, as well as a Special Attacker that benefits from TR as well. Psycho Shock is for STAB as well as in case we get a good Wall coming in, so we can still try and take it down. Recover is just in case I get a chance to heal and do another TR later. Finally, Hidden Power [Fire] is for unsuspecting Steel-types and anyone else who may need it. Magic Guard hides and saves me from the Life Orb.

[​IMG]

Enbuoo @ Leftovers
    Ability: Reckless
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
    Nature: Brave
    - Flare Blitz
    - Head Smash
    - Wild bolt
    - Hammer Arm

This is one of my main Physical Sweepers as well as a sort of suicide fighter. Reckless allows just about every one of his moves to be greatly increased in sheer power, and Leftovers is there to help heal what he kills of himself. His attacks give him nice coverage on opponents, with even something to take down Water-types fairly well.

[​IMG]

Gigaiasu @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 SDef
    Nature: Brave
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Curse

Again, another great Physical Sweeper of mine. The Life Orb ups his power by a great amount, and Stone Edge with Earthquake give nice coverage. Explosion is a last resort or a way to take down a troublesome Pokemon. Curse is to raise his epic Attack and sky high Defense to even greater heights, while the Speed down is negated by the fact that he's already slower than anything, and it's a Trick Room team.

[​IMG]

Burungeru @ Water Jewel
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP, 120 Def, 96 SAtk, 42 SDef
    Nature: Relaxed
    - Trick Room
    - Boil Over
    - Shadow Ball
    - Protect

My backup Trick Room user is here. Burungeru's Water/Ghost dual-type combo provides with an awesome amount of resistances and immunities, and few weaknesses. Trick Room is self-explanitory, and Protect is for scouting mostly. Boil Over is a nice STAB Water move, especially after a Water Jewel boost. Plus, a chance to Burn Physical Sweepers is always a help. Shadow Ball is there for coverage, and another nice STAB move.

[​IMG]

Sazandora @ Chople Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP, 6 Def, 252 SAtk
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Surf

This Special Attacker is mostly self explanitory. Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse give good STAB attacks, as well as coverage. Flamethrower hits unsuspecting Steel- and Ice-types, as well as any others vulnerable to it. Fire and Dragon give almost perfect coverage, and Surf completes that. The Chople Berry is used just in case we get a Roopushin or another priority Fighting-type move coming our way that might end the TR Sweep.

[​IMG]

Shibirudon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP, 6 Atk, 252 SAtk
    - Snake Coil
    - Wild bolt
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Claw

Finally I have my slightly Mixed-Leaning-Special Attacker. I thought it was interesting to use, given its Ability especially. I stuck with Leftovers for its usual healing properties. Snake Coil is for a nice stat-boosting move to use, and Wild Bolt is a nice STAB attack that hits hard. Flamethrower is for a random attack to through opponents off and offer some coverage, and Dragon Claw is for even further Coverage, as well as a Dragon counter.

Anyway, that's my team, guys! I chose Pokemon that I liked and thought might work well, but I'm not sure what dangers there are in the B/W OU yet. If anyone could offer any ideas on moves, or changes in general that would help my team, feel free to share! :3 Also any other problems you see, or things to watch out for would help greatly~

Thanks for any help! It's greatly appreciated!
  2. Professor Layton

Professor Layton

Good day sir, it's kind of late over here but from what I see, you should remove that Water Jewel from Burungeru and give it leftovers and replace protect with recover as Burungeru can be worn down quickly and you'll need it to set up trick room again.

And maybe add at least one more trick room user in there somewhere like Porygon 2.
  3. NiGHtsBeta09

NiGHtsBeta09

Ok, thanks, Professor~! |3 I'll try that out then~
  4. MCG93

MCG93

I truly believe Hydreigon (Sazandora) has no place in a TR team and if you really are desperate to use a dragon type use Dragonite because of it's awesome ability, E-speed, and potential to go mixed. Gigalith (Gigaiasu) is severely outclassed by Marowak, Marowak gets sky high attack after being equipped with Thick Club and has the potential of running a very versatile set. Even Ferrothorn and Skarmory will be hit by surprise when they take a fire punch to the face as it is usually an OHKO for the first and a 2HKO for the latter. EQ punches holes into anything that does not fly/levitate and is bulky AND resists ground at the same time. Stone-Edge is for the fliers, it surprisingly OHKOs your stereotypical Flying Dragon that does not intimidate on the switch in (Salamence, Gyarados), but they are usually weakened due to SR anyways so no real worries there. Consider Espeon because of her magnificent ability and keep her as a lifeline when TR runs out (I run a max SpA and Spd with specs AND HP fire to catch SR/Spikers/T Spikers and SubSeeders by surprise). Emboar is sheer power, I wouldn't consider replacing him just yet but if he has no sync with your team, get rid of him. Reuniclus (Rankursu) has amazing SAtk that you are wasting there, use Psycho Shock, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, TR for optimum coverage. Try to stick a Pory2 in there if you want an admirable Tank as it has only one weakness and can Bolt-Beam like crazy, esp if you stick charge beam in there, if it gets about +3 SpA, it can sweep itself, which is considerably easy due to Trace letting it switch in easily to Lightningrod, Storm Drain, and whatever else. It gets recover which is a great boon and healing is only made easier by Trace as it can trace Regeneration, Water Absorb, Volt absorb, and MOST OF ALL Poison heal off of Flinging Gliscors. It is neat to trace Multi-Scale off of Dragonites as well. Trace Sand Veil and you get an awesome immunity to sandstorm, trace snow cloak/ice body, you get an awesome immunity to hail AND a reliable recovery. The only downside is that it doesn't get leftie recovery, due to its obligation to use evolution stone. Consider the great Cofagrigus due to its gimmicky but awesome ability Mummy, and excellent defenses coupled with the ability to use TR and D-bond anyone when it is about dead. Gallade is awesome for setting up TR, and it gets the awesome/dreaded D-bond as well. Having said that, you could also consider Gardevoir as she, also, gets trace, can set up TR, AND can D-bond. That's about it for what I have to say. Hope that was of some help :D Trick-Room is a game-breaking strategy that can MURDER teams that rely on superfast sweepers. The only problem is that I have not figured out a way to handle stall teams yet. Well, let me know if you get some ideas on breaking stall teams. Glad other people are using Trick-Room competitively as well. :D Have a nice day.
  5. NiGHtsBeta09

NiGHtsBeta09

Wow, thank you! This will help a lot!

I should have made this clear in the beginning, but I'm trying to make this into a 5th-Gen only team, which is why I used Sazandora over Dragonite (I would usually go with Dragonite).

Another purpose of this team is that I am living nearby this year's location for the Pokemon Video Game World Championships, and the limits are 5th gen only, Double Battles, I believe. If I can get a good enough team here, I will try and recreate it when B/W come out in the US to use at the tourney, if possible. which is also why I will probably have to change Enbuoh from Reckless to Blaze, and slightly change some things.

If anyone else has any tips for this too, let me know! Thanks you, and sorry for the troubles!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)