1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Trick Room Team Help

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by satycorn, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satycorn

satycorn

Hi Everyone!
    So I will be playing double battles very soon with friends who are coming over, and I needed your help with the team.
    I have already chosen my Pokemon, and please DO NOT suggest legendaries because we will not be using them. Here it goes:

Reuniclus:
    Magic Guard Ability, Quiet Nature, @Life Orb
    -Trick Room
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Protect

0Speed IV, Ev Spread: 172 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 56 SpD

I have always liked this little guy, his stats are overall great, except for his speed, that's why it it perfect as a Trick Room setter.

Rhyperior:
    Lightningrod Ability, Brave Nature
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Megahorn
    -Protect
    Ev Spread: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Rhyperior is one of my favorite offensive tanks. I am planning to summon it with Reuniclus since the beginning. Reuniclus uses Trick Room, Rhyperior Rock Slide. Then I'll switch Reuniclus with the following, to allow Rhyperior to use Earthquake:

Magnezone:
    Magnet Pull Ability, Quiet Nature @Air Balloon
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flash Cannon
    -Signal Beam
    -Protect

Magnezone is bulky, has a great special attack, and can be managed to work perfectly good under Trick Room, however, I'm not sure if I can give it another item and use Protect instead, when Rhyperior is about to use it's Earthquake.

Jellicent:
    Water Absorb, Quiet Nature @Wacan Berry
    -Trick Room
    -Scald
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-O-Wisp/Protect??

Jellicent will be a water absorber, along with the role of a Trick Room user. Two are better than one, right?

Gastrodon:
    Storm Drain, Bold Nature, @Sitrus Berry
    -Muddy Water
    -Ice Beam
    -Earth Power(or Toxic??)
    -Recover
    EVs:252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Gastrodon will be my other water checker. His great bulk and somewhat good moveset are a good addition to my team.

Chandelure:
    Flash Fire, Timid Nature, @Choice Scarf
    -Heat Wave
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Energy Ball
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Chandelure will be my option in case anything happens and I don't successfully set up Trick Room. He will be fast enough to control the opponents, with HP Ice and Energy Ball working as type coverage.

I would also really like to use this Eelektross:
    Brave Nature, @Flying Gem:
    -Wild Charge
    -Acrobatics
    -Brick Break
    -Protect
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

What do you think?

So this is my team, I'd appreciate any help. I would preferr to keep these Pokemon, however feel free to suggest. Also do you think I'm lacking protection against slow attackers, such as Tyranitar? I do have Water and Grass attacks though, but IDK :/.
    THank you!!
  2. Harsha

Harsha
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    RMT Co-Leader

This team has very few descriptions and it fails to meet the RMT Guidelines. Please read them and browse the RMT Archive to see what kind quality we expect in our RMTs. PM me when you do so and I will unlock your team.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)