1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Trick Room Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Unchained, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Unchained

Unchained

Hello guys, I'm a 4thgen player who quit for a while and I am deciding to get back into pokemon again and will be getting black 2. I've recently been playing around with this team on the simulator and have went through a lot of changes trying to find the right pokemon to make this a good team. Lately this group here has been giving me a lot of luck.

mario [​IMG] (Dusknoir) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Pain Split
    - Trick Room
    - Destiny Bond
    - Curse

Dusknoir is one of the support i use to get in a Trick Room. I love Curse for its ability to somewhat counter Substitute Baton Pass users. Curse usually forces a switch for a free Pain Split which is excellent against tanks. I think Destiny bond can take people by surprise who are looking to kill you while in the trick room. I've tried using Confuse Ray in its spot but hated relying on its luck factor.

luigi [​IMG] (Escavalier) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swarm
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
    Brave Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Megahorn
    - Pursuit
    - Toxic

Escavalier is a sweeper who is great for coming in on pokemon who are looking to kill Dusknoir with a ghost.

megaman [​IMG] (Whimsicott) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Taunt
    - Toxic
    - Leech Seed
    - Trick Room

Whimisicott is the lead I go with everytime. Ferrothorn and Forretress leads get countered with taunt. With non support pokemon I go for the trick room then toxic and use Focus sash in case to take at least one hit. After that I proceed to switch into the best sweeper according to the opposing team

thing 1 [​IMG] (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Trick Room
    - Charge Beam
    - Reflect
    - Stealth Rock

Bronzong is another support who resist a lot and isn't affected by spikes, toxic spike, and takes little damage from stealth rocks. He's great for switching in on attacks setting a Reflect then a Trick Room. Charge Beam is great for countering Cloyster.

thing 2 [​IMG] (Slowking) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Surf
    - Flamethrower

Slowking is useful for switching in after a Bronzong as it resist fire attacks and after Whimisicott from those rare ice attacks. Ice beam is key in destroying those pesky dragons and demolishes Garchomp and Dragonite. Hidden Power Electric is useful for killing water types who will usually resist the other attacks. Grass may be preferred to kill Gastrodon And Swampert over Gyarados Flamethrower is usually unexpected and kills Ferrothorns, Scizors, and Forretresses.

protoman [​IMG] (Golurk) @ Leftovers
    Trait: No Guard
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
    Brave Nature
    - DynamicPunch
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Stone Edge

Golurk is my favorite of the sweepers rocking the No Guard and Dynamic Punch. It can cause you to 2HKO some pokemon and go untouched. Ice punch is there for the same reason as Slowking and I'm not sure why I haven't ditched the Stone Edge for maybe Drain Punch or Fire Punch for the same reason as Slowking.

I have run across some problems with this team such as a Jellicent Taunting my supporters and Will-O-Wisping my attackers and straight up walling Slowking. I was only able to kill it with Destiny Bond after he decided not to taunt. I think they were a few more Pokemon giving me trouble but for the most part I have been doing pretty good on the simulator with this team and any tips would be greatly appreciated.
  2. John the Aussie

John the Aussie

hey unchained, nice team bud only a few hinters as you seem to have trick room quite down pat.
    1. try ryperior (maby even rampardos if you feal like it) over golurk as ryperior has very bad (or good in your case) speed as well as awsome HP, Def, Atk this all makes him an excellent trick room sweeper as he can switch in to a phisical attack an dish out some punishment of his own before wipeing the enemy team.
    2. for whimiscott you may find that encore suits it better then toxic or leech seed as this screws over sr leads.
    3. i dont see why you could ever need silly old slow bro when you could have more team support or a spinner

other then the points mentioned i see no other problems with your team and as a matter of fact i like it.

hope it all goes well and i look forward to seeing you round

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)