TriNitroToluene (#1)

Just a dumb minor suggestion.

Go for Bold on Quagsire since it's not running any Physical attacks.

Whoops, forgot to change that. Thanks

Nice team, but I see some problems with threats like Latios and enemy weather teams. Latios has little problem firing off Draco Meteors since the only check you have to it is dragon weak. Heatran can't OHKO it and if it has LO over specs will not be able to do much. Latios walls Virizion and can OHKO quagsire I believe. Rain teams will often always have either a Lati@s or Toxicroak to counter and set up on Virizion. Without a Tyranitar, Latias can perpetually force out Virizion and stop it from doing anything since it needs alot of boosts to sweep due to its low SpA and investment.

Because of this, I would just try running a pursuit Tyranitar over Heatran. It can still set up stealth rock and and hit Ferrothorn hard, but it gives you a great way to pursuit the lati twins. Tyranitar works really well with Virizion because it beats Virizion's best counters (Reuniclus and Lati@s). More importantly, you can change the weather to your favor so sun and rain teams don't have a free for all against you. And it lets Garchomp go for some sand veil hax.
Hey,

thanks for the rate! Believe it or not I don't find theati twins that difficult to handle simply becuase the younger one lacks te power while to older is almost always choice specs. I'll definately try out your suggestion but I'm a bit skeptical about losing my sole dragon resist.

i might be wrong but i have a feeling that life orb ludicolo in rain would one hit more than half your team (Gengar Heatran Garchomp Quagsire) and depending on its EV's Virizion. Mine also carries hidden power electric which could cripple gyarydos. Have you run into it yet?
ne'er ran into a HP electric lido. Also SS is banned here so I dout he is a problem.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey Dezza

You have a really solid team here that has nearly everything covered so well done on that!

Unfortunately however, I can see you having rather large issues with Reuniclus. CM + Recover versions get pseudo checked by Gengar however I am more concerned with TR Reuniclus which can switch in on Virizion and get a Trick Room and then smash through your team. If it gets off a Trick Room, Heatran and Garchomp are about the only things that can take a psychic. Heatran gets mauled by Focus Blast and Garchomp gets beaten with only a small ammount of Residual damage (and Outrage fails to KO) Granted, the TR sets are in a timer however I fear that it can blast a rather large hole in your team, enough perhaps, for something to switch in after and clean up.

To fix this issue I would like to suggest the following pokemon over Gengar

Jirachi @Leftovers
Careful
252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
-Iron Head
-Body Slam
-Wish
-Fire Punch

Jirachi gives you a more reliable check to all forms of Reuniclus with its excellent bulk, resistances and Wish. Jirachi also gives you Wish which lets you heal key members of your team such as Gyarados and Heatran so that they do not get worn down over the course of the match. Lastly, Jirachi also gives you another switch in to those powerful special attackers such as Thundurus and Latios, and Tornados (in the Rain) which are not uncommon in the metagame

Replacing Gengar does leave you a little bit more weak to BU Conkeldurr however you have Gyarados to get an intimidate on it, and Quagsire to ignore its Bulk ups with Unaware while gradually wearing it down.

hey Dezza

You have a really solid team here that has nearly everything covered so well done on that!

Unfortunately however, I can see you having rather large issues with Reuniclus. CM + Recover versions get pseudo checked by Gengar however I am more concerned with TR Reuniclus which can switch in on Virizion and get a Trick Room and then smash through your team. If it gets off a Trick Room, Heatran and Garchomp are about the only things that can take a psychic. Heatran gets mauled by Focus Blast and Garchomp gets beaten with only a small ammount of Residual damage (and Outrage fails to KO) Granted, the TR sets are in a timer however I fear that it can blast a rather large hole in your team, enough perhaps, for something to switch in after and clean up.

To fix this issue I would like to suggest the following pokemon over Gengar

Jirachi @Leftovers
Careful
252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
-Iron Head
-Body Slam
-Wish
-Fire Punch

Jirachi gives you a more reliable check to all forms of Reuniclus with its excellent bulk, resistances and Wish. Jirachi also gives you Wish which lets you heal key members of your team such as Gyarados and Heatran so that they do not get worn down over the course of the match. Lastly, Jirachi also gives you another switch in to those powerful special attackers such as Thundurus and Latios, and Tornados (in the Rain) which are not uncommon in the metagame

Replacing Gengar does leave you a little bit more weak to BU Conkeldurr however you have Gyarados to get an intimidate on it, and Quagsire to ignore its Bulk ups with Unaware while gradually wearing it down.

Hello. I have to say that this is probably the first suggestion that I can't really faulter! It really only does improve my team. It's funny you do mention the rare TR reuniclus, I did have trouble with one which I encountered. I had to play around with resistances until the time ran out. I'll get back to you with my results :)

While running this team I ran into a small problem with The CP/SP/PS/Roost set on Sigilyph. Once it came in on Quag or Chomp stuck on EQ it proceeded to get 1 CP after the CP. After 1 CP every poke I tried to take it down with it always built up farther then I could handle. Rarely was I lucky enough to get a crit and beat it. Quag loses over time to burn and can't outstall it very well. How have you dealt with this in the past? Heatran resists its attack and cannot burn, but I am whittled down if it has more then 2 CP's. That is my best option thus far.

While running this team I ran into a small problem with The CP/SP/PS/Roost set on Sigilyph. Once it came in on Quag or Chomp stuck on EQ it proceeded to get 1 CP after the CP. After 1 CP every poke I tried to take it down with it always built up farther then I could handle. Rarely was I lucky enough to get a crit and beat it. Quag loses over time to burn and can't outstall it very well. How have you dealt with this in the past? Heatran resists its attack and cannot burn, but I am whittled down if it has more then 2 CP's. That is my best option thus far.
Missed this. SUb Disable Gar is a pretty good check. He can either stop the CP so that hopefully a fellow team member can power their way through or stop the Stored Power and hide behind a sub and get some special defense drops from Shadow Ball. When LO almost kills it I Pain split and then their at low health so hopefull its in OHKO range..

Hey, sorry if i'm Necroing this, but i would go with D-Claw>Dual Chop on Chomp.
Dual Chop gives a better chance against BP teams, FS abusers, MS DNite and has a high chance of critting. With the only con being shakier accuracy, I'm pretty sure the pros outweigh the cons.

Dual Chop gives a better chance against BP teams, FS abusers, MS DNite and has a high chance of critting. With the only con being shakier accuracy, I'm pretty sure the pros outweigh the cons.
Agreed. Crucial Hax moments aside, being able to revenge BulkyNite and Haxchomp has been a blessing.

Even for an inexperienced player, this team was very solid and fun to use on PO. I really recommend this Gengar set. Survives enough to support the team throughout the game.

Hey, sorry if i'm Necroing this, but i would go with D-Claw>Dual Chop on Chomp.
As stated there are many more pros than cons for Dual Chop.

Agreed. Crucial Hax moments aside, being able to revenge BulkyNite and Haxchomp has been a blessing.

Even for an inexperienced player, this team was very solid and fun to use on PO. I really recommend this Gengar set. Survives enough to support the team throughout the game.
Glad you like that team! I love the Gengar set, and although I would like to slot in FOcus Blast I need Disable and Pain SPlit lets him leave for soooooo much longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)