Triples in the Colosseum! Rickheg v Tortferngatr (Chris Teke refs, Rediamond tutors.)

Hmm...this will be tricky.

Golett, use Rock Slide, then Toxic Embirch. The Rock Slide will knock it down to low enough to be finished by poison.

Machop, you're kinda boned. However, you are now faster than Gastly and Drilbur, so you can safely Ice Punch Drilbur. If you somehow have a second action, then use Bullet Punch Gastly.

Tepig, you can also enjoy a boost in speed from TR. However, we need to wait while your SpA comes back up. In the meantime, use Flame Charge Drilbur (even if it is counter-productive) and since Drilbur won't be available to hit A2, use Yawn Gastly.

Drillbur/Embrich/Gastly
HP: 87/12/90
En: 72/27/100
Other: ---/---/---

vs

Tepig/Golett/Machop
HP: 34/64/9

En: 43/69/58
Other: -2Special Attack/Badly Poisoned 2DPA(ups one round)/seeded (3 actions)

Trick Room three more rounds

Round Seven: BS HAX

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm back. Miss me much? Sorry about the last round, but Porygon-Z don't have much of a creative sense about them. Me? I was too busy dealing with some of the rather unruly inhabitants of the Colosseum. Dialgia? Tip of the iceburg. Regardless, I digress.

Dialgia started off by moving at a blindingly past speed that cut a hole in time itself, slamming his claw into Drilbur. The attack didn't actually seem to do much, however. At least, not nearly as much as the Roar of Time he unleashed last round. That was a sight to behold. Too bad you missed it. Back to the reffing, Embrich began the process of bracing himself, calling back to his training in 'Nam to help him survive any coming onslaught and keep on hitting. Machop ran forwards at Gastly, his fist cold as ice. Golett acted behind him, throwing up a stream of boulders into the air... again. How many times has this happened in the match? Oh well, the cascade of boulders cause Gastly to briefly lose his composure and cringe, which allows the cold Ice Punch to lock his body into place for... a rather long time, it appears. The falling rocks piled on top of Embrich, but he used his experiences in the Corps to shrug it off. Tepig decides to be counter-productive to his team, and charge his custom flamethrower. However much this hurts Drilbur, it actually causes it to drain electricity (lolwut), making him even slower due to all of the paperwork the EPA has just piled onto him. Drilbur coats his drill in the coal dust he's accumulated from his long, child labor law breaking career and shoves it into Machop's face, who can't handle the poor air quality and faints. Gastly is too busy being frozen/flinching/being a total n00b, and does absolutely nothing. Just as he will soon become... or has become... I need to stop references to obscure areas of pop culture...

Oh well, back from my musings. Dialgia's diamond glows again, further twisting time until it appears as if the Trick Room conditions will last for a very, very long time. Golett decides to continue trolling (get it?), and spits up a blob of toxins into Embrich's face. They would have hit, but Embrich's training in the Corps instilled in him the sense of bravery that dodging attacks is pointless. Real men don't dodge attacks. Attacks dodge them. Regardless, it hits him straight in the face, and he's not happy. In reply, he stabs Golett 37 times in the chest... err, shoots out five bullet seeds. 5 Bullet Seeds. [5(3)+3+1.5]1.5=a lot. Oh yeah, and one of them critted. The fourth wall's mind is blown. Tepig simply yawns in Gastly's general direction, bored at the display that the Americans are putting on. After all, he's terribly anti-war. Those burn too much harmful gasoline. As such, he is genuinely unimpressed as Embrich goes ballistic on the spectators, believing them to be dangerous commies, quickly earning himself a 25 kill streak and a tactical nuke that he promptly uses on Golett (see above calcs). Gastly would be getting tired. Actually, he probably is. But he's kind of busy being frozen. Yeah, sucks. Drilbur digs underneath the ground, coming up a few minutes later and delivering a nasty strike to Tepig. Coal miners need to stay employed, ya'know? Oh, and the coal dust and poison finally got to Emrich, who fainted from poisoning and CoD-induced siezures.

"Alright Dialgia, that's enough. If you aren't going to do anything but enlongate Trick Room beyond the probably length of the battle, you're going back." The emporer (this is a third person section!) dropped an Admant Orb onto the ground, where it fractured into a million pieces, releasing Dialgia back into the recesses of time.

"THIS BATTLE WILL BE FINISHED WITH NO OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE. LET THE FINAL MATCH-UPS BEGIN!"

Two more normal types appeared on the field, a Voodoll and a Togepi. Shit was about to get real.

Drillbur/Embrich/Gastly
HP: 71/KO/64
En: 59/KO/100
Other: ---/KO/Drowsy (falls asleep in one action)

vs

Tepig/Golett/Machop
HP: 15/64/KO

En: 33/69/KO
Other: -1Special Attack, +1 speed/Badly Poisoned 3DPA(ups 3 actions)/KO

Trick Room permanently

Okay, we're both down to the final three. And I'm at lower total health. At least I'm not behind in the numbers. Gastly will fall asleep, we have to use that to catch up.

I say we try to take on Gastly.

Togepi, you have the best weapons to take on Gastly. Start with Shadow Ball, then use Extrasensory, all at Gastly.

Golett, you can even use STAB! Shadow Punch x2 on Gastly.

Tepig, I wonder if you'll even get the chance to attack...oh wait, you're still slow as fuck! So, use Wild Charge at Gastly, if you're even around A2, then use Grass Knot on Drilbur.

"...CURSE YOU AND YOUR INFINITE TRICK ROOM DIALGA.

Oh well...it seems that you are about to be trolled anyway.

Gastly: Disable Golett's Shadow Punch, then if for some reason you wake up Shadow Ball Golett!
Voodoll: Follow Me, then Mimic Golett's Shadow Punch!
Drilbur: Dig Tepig, Shadow Claw Golett!"

Drillbur/Voodoll/Gastly
HP: 71/90/64
En: 59/100/100
Other: ---/---/Drowsy (falls asleep in one action)

vs

Tepig/Golett/Togepi
HP: 15/64/90

En: 33/69/100
Other: -1Special Attack, +1 speed/Badly Poisoned 3DPA(ups 3 actions)/---

Trick Room permanently

Round Eight: Trolololololololololololol

Voodoll enters the battlefield, fully ready to TROLL. In fact, he decides to use the greatest, most broken, best troll move of all time: Triples Follow Me. He begins wildly waving his arms around, and doing things that will not be described in detail for modesty reasons to attract all of the possible attention he can possibly get from his opponents. Togepi is the first to follow it up. While she had initially been planning on targetting Gastly, she is so... interested by the display that she blasts it at Voodoll instead, who takes absolutely nothing from the ghostly auras. Golett has no gender, but is generally pissed that someone outtrolled him, and tries to slam his fist into the doll. The ghostly signature continues to do nothing. Pokemon physics are still in effect guys, we're safe. Tepig was actually charging towards Gastly in a rather wild fashion, glad to have his new green vehicle, when he noticed Voodoll. So offeneded that Togepi, his girl once she gained the ability to breed, was attracted to Voodoll's display that he changed course and drove into Voodoll at full force, dealing critical damage. Drilbur decides to do something entirely original: dig underground! While he's busy burying himself, Gastly is just glad to be free and able to actually do something. Like disable Shadow Punch to save herself from great amounts of PAIN in the future. Drilbur comes back up, and bursts through Tepig's hybrid, causing an EXPLOSION in a total action movie-esque sequence and causing Tepig to finally faint. Oh, and Gastly, our archetypal damsel in distress, falls asleep. She can't be too useful.

Togepi's attention is elsewhere after Tepig's car stopped Voodoll short. She turns her attention back to Gastly, taking out her mental rage against her trainer on the ghost type. Why can't he read a girl? She's clearly quite bold, but her trainer was interpreting this as Modest, which possibly affected his playstyle in a harmful way. Gosh, you should learn to read the females. Oh, wait... yeah, that's pretty much impossible. Never mind. Golett tries to PAWNCH Gastly, but he's forgotten exactly how to do this, so he just sits around in confusion wondering what to do. Drilbur decides to help it remember, and smacks him with a shadowy claw. It wasn't quite a punch, so it doesn't help much. It just hurts like the afterlife. And he would know. Voodoll also decides to help, and mimics the behavior he had seen earlier, demonstrating it on the air to show his knowledge of the move. However, Golett's brain development isn't fast. It kind of stops after you die. So, he's still trying to figure things out. Oh, and Gastly did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Drillbur/Voodoll/Gastly
HP: 71/81/42
En: 42/86/90
Other: ---/Mimicked Shadow Punch/---

vs

Tepig/Golett/Togepi
HP: KO/42/90

En: KO/59/88
Other: KO/Badly Poisoned 3DPA(ups 1 actions), Shadow Punch disabled five actions/---

Trick Room permanently

"Voodoll: Imprison Togepi's Follow Me, then Shadow Punch Golett.
Gastly: Hypnosis Golett, then Shadow Ball Golett.
Drilbur: Shadow Claw+Metal Claw combo Golett. If Togepi uses Follow Me turn 1, use Brick Break on her before simply Shadow Clawing Golett normally."

Hm...clever. You've already won, but let's see if we can't get one more KO out of you.

Togepi, use Shadow Ball, then Extrasensory, both on Gastly.

Golett, use Earthquake, then Shadow Punch Gastly.

Drillbur/Voodoll/Gastly
HP: 71/81/42
En: 42/86/90
Other: ---/Mimicked Shadow Punch/---

vs

Golett/Togepi
HP: 42/90

En: 59/88
Other: Badly Poisoned 3DPA(ups 1 actions), Shadow Punch disabled five actions/---

Permanent Trick Room

Round Nine: But wait, there's more! HAX, that is.

Togepi decides not to imitate the BS HAX employed against him by his fellow HAXOR Voodoll, and goes for his own brand of HAX. Togepi fires off an orb of shadowy HAX at Gastly, which both lowers her special defense and inflicts critical damage. Golett decides to commemorate Deck's victory in the tournament by shaking things up with an EARTHQUAKE. It deals huge damage to everyone on the field, including his ally, with the sole exception of Gastly. For once she gets a stroke of good luck. However, Voodoll gets the HAX in this version of Russian HAXlette and suffers critical damage from a random spike in the ground. Fuming from all of this, Voodoll blocks out at least one of Togepi's most annoying moves, Follow Me, to keep things at least somewhat balanced. In the same way the first Gulf War was balanced, at least. Gastly also retaliates by abusing Drilbur's own No Gaurd against him by making eye contact and putting him to sleep. Aw, such a great strategy. I used it on a Machamp once in the HAXiest battle in ASB history. Actually, this may surpass it... but I digress. And Drilbur is waiting and preparing a combo in further honor of Deck's victory. It's a nasty combination of his metal drills and shadowy energy that slams into Golett, barely preventing him from waking up, although he does stir significantly.

Togepi decides to use another HAX attack and blast into Gastly's mind with a pulse of energy. However, in ironic standards given the context, it does not flinch! Amazing show of HAX resistance there. And why couldn't the Golett PAWNCH his enemies... yeah, it was disabled. But also because he was asleep! Ohohohohohohohohohohoh. Voodoll wants to do something productive, so he shows off his shadow punch... BUT HE HAS NORMALIZE!!! Ohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoh. And why couldn't Driblur KO him? BECAUSE HE WAS COOLING DOWN!!! Ohohohohohohohohohohohohohoh. And why could Gastly KO Golett? Because she's a boss!

GEEEEEEEENGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.

See, he approves too. Now where'd I put that Pokeball at...

Alright, Gengar issue resolved. Anyways, end of round standings.

Drillbur/Voodoll/Gastly
HP: 54/65/11
En: 26/75/79
Other: +1Att/Mimicked Shadow Punch/-1SpDef

vs

Golett/Togepi
HP: 21/80

En: 53/76
Other: Poisoned/Follow Me imprisoned five actions

Permanent Trick Room

So close to another KO... pretty please?

Shadow Ball Gastly, Extrasensory Gastly.

IF Voodoll uses Follow me, replace that action with Flamethrower.
If Gastly is KO'ed, redirect to Drilbur

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage.

Reorder please. Tort was an idiot and didn't get Shadow Ball for his Gastly, who will be mocked in the next reffing.

I'll keep Togepi's actions as they are. If this means Golett is still alive, then he'll use Rock Slide spam some more.

"Voodoll: Brick Break Togepi, Psychic Togepi!
Drilbur: Shadow Claw Golett, Brick Break Togepi!
Gastly: Sucker Punch Golett, Sucker Punch Togepi!"

Drillbur/Voodoll/Gastly
HP: 54/65/11
En: 26/75/79
Other: +1Att/Mimicked Shadow Punch/-1SpDef

vs

Golett/Togepi
HP: 21/80
En: 53/76
Other: Poisoned/Follow Me imprisoned five actions

Permanent Trick Room

Round Ten: And it goes on, and on, and on

and on, and on, and on....

"TORTFERNGATR, QUIT BEING AN IDIOT AND FINISH THIS BATTLE!!!" The emporer was furious now, as designated by the three exclamation marks after his all caps sentance. "FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS, YOU DIDN'T EVEN GET SHADOW BALL ON A GASTLY! WHAT THE HELL IS SHE SUPPOSED TO USE AS A STAB MOVE, SHADOW SNEAK?!" As a note to all readers, sentances beginning with a parody of a normal phrase of outrage containing the words "what the hell" and written in all caps with a ?! at the end, are generally rhetorical. Answering said questions normally does not end well. Ecspecially when the man in an outrage has access to at least one BST 660+ Pokemon who can go back and erase you from time. As well as some lions and a few hundred thoursand soldiers in reserve.

Swallowing hard, Tortferngatr issued his other idiotic orders for the battle. Like not using priority and comboes as suicide moves. That alone would have saved me a lot of work. But no, he just has to...

I wish to apologise for my master's ramblings. I will now take over reffing.

Fear began the round by levitating in place, just standing there. Upon hearing evil laughter behind him, Megazord turned around and abruptly suffered a powerful attack. I recall my master's Gastly using such a tactic often in his early battles. However, I must agree that the advent of combination attacks do present better opportunities for dealing damage in tough situations. Serenity abruptly replied with a ball of shadowy energy, knocking out Fear after a long streak of ill luck. I quite pity her having experienced such blows myself. However, extreme luck is to be expected when playing a Togepi. My master keeps a Togekiss solely for the value of a reliable cringe from her Air Slashes and it is a rather brutal scenario to have luck itself against you. Megazord replied by knocking several rocks into the air, causing them to descend hard upon Fault and Frankenstien. Both landed rather unexpectedly; they quiet expected the ghost to be dead. Therefore, they cringed and took an unexpectedly long amount of time to move the rocks off of them, by which point Serenity and Megazord were ready to move again.

Serenity simply exerted a mental attack, if a fairly weak one due to her typing, that rammed into Fault sending him onto the ground. However, the attacks lack of substantial power, such as my own telekenetic pulses that have deflected Shadow Balls and caused the league to place a cap on how much energy I may exert in a battle. If this cap did not exist, I would be almost as unstoppable as the Raikou possessed by the Champion. Megazord decides to pray for a cringe again, and blasts more rocks into the air that hit Lord Tortferngatr's Pokemon hard. One would think that such an attack would cost less energy to execute consecutively. However, league regulations require Pokemon to wear braces that punish this tactic by locking around muscles or disrupting mental signals that make executing the attack harder. Frankenstien finally gets a chance to attack Serenity with a Psychic attack, but it is even weaker than the Togepi's and a disgrace to the move. At least I may claim it was a normal-aura psychic, preventing it from being compared to my own attacks. Fault lands a solid crushing blow upon Serenity, who takes the attack with much difficulty. Her type are not used to the sheer savage brutality of the fighting type.

"Needs moar sarcasm."

It was a serious and proper reffing. One that you were not, and have never, been in a state to give.

The emporer shrugged, "Yeah, but I'm taking back over." He glanced out over the battlefield. "Alright, since you guys can't seem to finish it on your own, how about I help you a little?"

The arena began to glow, transforming into this as waves of electricity flowed across the field, making hair stand upon end.

Electric Colloseum:
A large field of energy flows across the field, providing +3 BAP for electric attacks and making ground types resist, but not be immune, to electricity. The immense charge has attracted a thunderstorm, causing it to rain. At the end of ever round, the surplus electricity in the air may paralyze a Pokemon. Additionally, Paralyzed Pokemon will stay in place, or move up to, 25% and not come down as long as this arena is in effect. It can not be cured by any means. Lightning may also strike combatants, and going into the air is an instant KO due to the lightning in the atmosphere.

Drillbur/Voodoll/Gastly
HP: 46/43/KO
En: 20/70/KO
Other: --/Mimicked Shadow Punch/KO

vs

Golett/Togepi
HP: 2/66
En: 37/64
Other: Poisoned/Follow Me imprisoned three actions

Permanent Trick Room
Electric Arena in effect

dammit. Meh, at least Golett's gone in 1 turn anyway.

"Voodoll: Disable Normalize, then Brick Break Togepi twice. (Disbaling Normalize doesn't cost an action, thankfully.)
Drilbur: Shadow Claw Golett (so he doesn't try any nasty last-minute combos or Focus Punches), Brick Break Togepi."

Golett, even though you won't get the chance, Rock Slide x2

Togepi, you'll survive the round, so we've got to try to get another KO. So use Flamethrower Drilbur, then Shadow Ball Drilbur.

Drillbur/Voodoll
HP: 46/43
En: 20/70
Other: --/Mimicked Shadow Punch

vs

Golett/Togepi
HP: 2/66
En: 37/64
Other: Poisoned/Follow Me imprisoned three actions

Permanent Trick Room
Electric Arena in effect

Round Eleven: The HAX strikes back for the fourth time

Togepi decides to make her opponents feel the BURN from trying to fight such an awesome little HAXor. She unleashes a mighty wave of fire that torches Drilbur, scoring an obligatory burn and critcial hit. Golett decides to also try his luck and pushes out, you guessed it, more rocks! Fortunately for my sanity, these do not flinch or crit or anything. Voodoll is in a rage, and charges forwards, normalize FINALLY disabled, and slams his fist down upon Togepi in revenge for all of her BS HAX. Drilbur also decides to prevent any shenanigans from Golett by ramming a shadowy claw into him, knocking him out at long last.

Togepi isn't exactly daunted by facing down two very powerful Pokemon on her own. After all, the HAX is with her due to her awesome Jedi training designed to rig RNG's. She fires off a ball of shadowy energy at Drilbur, but no HAX occurs and he shrugs off the not very effective hit. Both Voodoll and Drilbur subsequently rush forwards in a Bonzai charge fashion, hitting Togepi with powerful fighting attacks.

Oh, and the exertion combined with the electricity in the air causes Voodoll to cramp up in Paralysis.

Rickheg's very brief lead at the end of the last round has effectively been crushed, leaving him in a very difficult position. Can he out-HAX his foe to victory? Only time will tell. Tune in for the (hopefully) final round later this week to find out the answers.

Drillbur/Voodoll
HP: 12/32

En: 10/64
Other: Burned/Mimicked Shadow Punch, 25% paralysis

vs

Golett/Togepi
HP: KO/30
En: KO/51
Other: KO/Follow Me imprisoned one action

Permanent Trick Room
Electric Arena in effect

Why do I continue to live?!? Time to let loose the big guns. I actually forgot I had this move...

Flamethrower Drilbur, then let loose Metronome (Aura Sphere/Tri Attack/Thunderbolt/Bug Buzz/Fire Blast/Giga Drain/Ice Beam/Air Slash/Water Pulse/Dragon Pulse) Voodoll
If Voodoll uses Protect A2, use chill instead.

Voodoll: Psychic+Psychic to launch Togepi far enough into the air that it gets struck by lightning. If you're paralyzed turn 1, use Brick Break on Togepi turn 2.
Drilbur: Dodge, Chill.

Round Twelve: THE END OF ALL THINGS

Drilbur attempts to dodge from the mighty stream of fire coming at him, but fails in his attempt and is roasted alive by Togepi, who quickly turns around to face Voodoll, prepared to end things in an awesome one on one duel fashion. Drilbur, however, is note. Abusing Togepi's pathetic weight, Voodoll focuses all of his efforts on throwing Togepi up

and up

and up

and up

and up

Folks, it looks like Togepi has left the park! Thunder rumbles amidst small normal-type screams and a roar of applause as Togepi is steadily electrocuted, but hey, what's it matter? The battle is finally over.

Let me rephrase that.

THE BATTLE IS FINALLY OVER.

We can now claim our rewards and go home.

So, here they are:

Rediamond: 12 RC

Tortferngatr:
3 TC
1EC/2MC/1DC for all 'mons
1 KO Timburr
1 KO Monohm
1 KO Voodoll
3 KO's Drilbur

rickheg:
3 TC
1EC/2MC/1 DC for all 'mons but Gastly, who doesn't get the DC.
3 KO's Machop
1 KO Togepi
1 KO Golett

And that's all folks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)