1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Triples TR - Like a Porygon2

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by L3m0nH34d, Jun 11, 2012.

1. L3m0nH34d

L3m0nH34d

Hello guys, this is my first thread in this forum! I built this TR-team just for fun...but i won a turnament with it, so I think you guys can maybe rate it. Sorry if my English is bad, I'm from Germany! :3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Trick Room
    - Protect
    - Tri Attack
    - Recover
    Second TR-bringer! Scald as STAB, Psychic too...He is very strong and I play him as start like this: Porygon, Aboma/Machamp, Slowbrooooooo :D
    I never play him as the only one TR-Bringer...It's too risky, one dark/ghost/bug attack can kill him with gem!

[​IMG]
    Machamp(M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: No Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - DynamicPunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Rock Slide
    - Protect
    His trait, so OP...just sweep everything away with TR. RS can beat flying Pokémons like Tornadus, Thundurus, Zapdos and some other ones. IcePunch almost 0HKO every flying/dragon type and Garchomp. Protect is clear^^

[​IMG]
    Slowbro (M) @ Water Gem
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Scald
    - Trick Room
    - Protect
    - Psychic
    Second TR-bringer! Scald as STAB, Psychic too...He is very strong and I play him as start like this: Porygon, Aboma/Machamp, Slowbrooooooo :D
    I never play him as the only one TR-Bringer...It's too risky, one dark/ghost/bug attack can kill him with gem!

[​IMG]
    Amoonguss (M) @ Coba Berry
    Trait: Effect Spore
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Protect
    - Rage Powder
    Nice TR-supp and very strong with spore.
    Rage powder if I play him as start against Terracotta, just take Whimsicotts attack...and Terra is useless and get sweeped back from Machamp^^
    Coba Berry against acrobatics and Giga Drain for more sustain^^^^^^

[​IMG]
    Abomasnow (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Giga Drain
    - Blizzard
    - Protect
    - Ice Shard
    He is my most important sweeper after Machamp! He always hits with Blizzard, Giga Drain for sustain (for example: I switch Aboma in vs a Rain-Team, he gets hit by surfer, but I use Giga Drain! Otherwise the sash would be useless :/) and Ice Shard as Priority-Move. Protect must have.

[​IMG]
    Eelektross (M) @ Flight Gem
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    - Rock Slide
    - Acrobatics
    - Wild Charge
    - Protect
    And this is my little ace ;) noone things about RS and acrobatics is very strong! It can 0HKO Chandelure, if no sash! Wild charge makes veeeeeeeeeery much dmg...He is one of my strongest TR-user, because he has no weak and can sweep so much away!

I hope you rate my team, thank you!
  2. LUST

LUST
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

PM me with increased descriptions and this thread will get unlocked.
  3. L3m0nH34d

L3m0nH34d

If it is allowed to push......PUSH! :D
  4. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Like I said in my previous comment that seems to have disappeared, your team is walled pretty bad by most of the common Steel-types - for instance, Lum Berry Metagross doesn't really care about anything you have and can hit everything except Slowbro hard with its STABs - so try to fit a few Fire attacks in there. Also, Porygon2's EVs are terribly inefficient, start with 252 HP and then decide how you want to balance the defenses from there.
  5. Backwater Rifle

Backwater Rifle

From what I read, I'm pretty sure your talking about triple battles, so if that is indeed the case, the first thing that jumps out to me is that you are taunt weak, if you do not rage powder with Amoonguss in the middle of the battlefield, on the turn you go to set up trick room. A simple fix is to put a mental herb on your slowbro, and lead with it.

But for a long term fix, so you can still lead with Porygon 2, would be to replace machamp with a more trickroom and triples oriented fighting type, with access to fake out, aka taunt stop. This leaves you with two options, Hariyama or Scrafty.

Hariyama is probably the better choice, but choose which ever one seems to complete your needs better.

Hariyama @ Flame Orb Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 Atk / 160 Def / 96 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Fake Out
    - Close Combat
    - Facade/Stone Edge
    - Wide Guard/Stone Edge
    (can use a brave nature for more power, though ev spread
    would become 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SDef)

Scrafty @ Leftovers Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Hp /252 Atk / 4 Def
    - Fake Out
    - Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)