1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Trouble between two friends

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by Kira, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

I understand it's tough, and that's a bullshit thing for him to do to you; but then instead of handling that situation, you instead passed it on to her, which isn't very honorable. What you should have done is told Bob that you didn't like the position he was putting you in by placing you between friends, and that whatever happened between he and Brenda was up to him and him alone.
  2. Kira

Kira

With that being said DM, I am going to apologize to Brenda in the morning for putting her in that situation. Meanwhile I am going to talk with Bob about putting both me and Brenda in that situation.

And with that the thread is pretty much over. I don't really need to confront Brenda now since I realize she did nothing wrong.
  3. umbarsc

umbarsc

I wouldn't say that, she should've told him flat-out that she wasn't interested, instead of just plain ignoring him and being a bitch.

Of course, you're right, he shouldn't have placed both of you in that situation anyways.
  4. Doctor Heartbreak

Doctor Heartbreak

Yep! If you're fifteen I wouldn't worry too much about it. My friends and I had exactly this sort of drama at fifteen, it starts to disappear over the next year or two. Bob will probably grow out of this kind of thing, and Brenda will learn to react more maturely. For now, don't judge either too harshly and remember you'll most likely be laughing over this before the end of high school.
  5. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Oh god, the coincidence of my computer playing "Can't Stand Losing You" at the same time is absolutely awesome.

Bob's kind of a huge cunt, to be honest. He's been interested in a girl that showed no attraction to him at all. That's forgivable, you can't really control that. Being ignored sucks, yeah. But the suicide thing is just horribly stupid and mean. He's using the threat of his life to try and manipulate her into talking to him.

Brenda ignored it because she knew it was a ploy. Either way, there's also a chance she realizes that even if he was serious, giving him a "straight answer" wouldn't stop him if he really was suicidal.
  6. Bourbon

Bourbon

QFT

If bob was really serious about being suicidal, I'm sure that Brenda telling him WHY she didn't like him wouldn't help any.

They are both stupid people. Bob for being a manipulative whiney loser, and Brenda for being so cold and uncaring.
  7. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

She made it very plainly clear to him that she wasn't interested. She owes him NOTHING.

Spot on, agreeing 1000%.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)