1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Troubles Running Shoddy Battle? READ Before Asking

Discussion in 'Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Lab' started by bearzly, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Duck92

Duck92

You don't install shoddy. Shoddy is an executable game. It shows in in your program list for your convenience. Just download the program, and try again.
  2. kkeith

kkeith

Ok i did as you said and it is currently saying the same exact thing...
  3. wrongwei

wrongwei

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit OS and have the latest versions of jre and jdk
    When i run shoddy battle i get the error Splash: recv failed.
    I tried running:
    javaws http://shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.php -Xnosplash
    from the command line, disabling my comodo firewall and killing all related processes, but i still get the splash error. Any idea whats wrong?
  4. amplafied

amplafied

i posted a while back, i have tried advance connecting, checking for trojans, disabling my firewall and trawling the entire internet but it still gives me the same connection timed out message.

any ideas?
  5. Kyara

Kyara

I'm currently forced to use a crappy old computer...which has windows me on it, can't change that.
    I tried to get shoddy battle to run on it, with no success so far, I installed java 5.0 (which seems to be the highest compatible version with windows me), and try to launch shoddy. The java launcher window comes up but after that, nothing happens, and it eventually closes by itself.
    The search function returns nothing to cover help with windows me, but that is probably due to "me" being too short and getting ignored, don't know how to fix that.
    So, is it possible to get shoddy battle to run on windows me with java 5.0?
  6. Gideon

Gideon

i posted earlier any idea how to fix that error on the last page.
  7. DualWieldingRoxas

DualWieldingRoxas

(sorry, EXTREMELY noobish question coming up XD)
    so, where do you clear the java cache? tried everything else...
    and, if possible, please say it in dutch... i'm not too great in finding the right folders when i have to translate them... windows makes such a mess of things sometimes >_>
  8. AlterShift

AlterShift

Alright, I keep getting an error message. I'll explain it the best I can as to what I'm doing.

I double click my Shoddy pika, then it loads up, nothing wrong so far. Well, when I go to connect to a server, it stops abit, then this error happens.

Does anyone know what is wrong with it? I've been able to play before this happened on this same computer, so I don't get it. :/ It's an XP to be clear about that.

And if it was answered before, please direct me to where, as I am clueless right now. D;

Edit; It also added after I closed it.
  9. dude234543

dude234543

unable to lanch application

it keeps saying that and i tried everything
  10. Duck92

Duck92

@AlterShift - Your java is trying to use a proxy, but cant connect. Try this:

1) Go to Control Panel -> Java
    2) Click the Network Settings button
    3) Select Direct Connection, and click OK a couple of times to exit

Then try running it.
  11. AlterShift

AlterShift

@Duck92;
    Thank you!! I've been trying to figure what the problem was forever! Again, thanks! lol
  12. dude234543

dude234543

step 2

step 2 in general problems is a bit too general, i dont know what it is talking about, or how to do it
  13. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

If you are running Windows 7
    Go to Control Panel
    At the top, select View By: Large Icons
    Click on Java
    In the Java Control Panel that pops up
    You should see an option for Temporary Internet Files under the General tab
    Click on Settings
    Click on Delete Files
  14. dude234543

dude234543

gahh it still doesnt work thanks for the clarification though

i'm still not sure what i can do, any sugestions?

it just says that i'm unable to launch the application, and the long script thing we were told not to post on the first page.

i'm running windows 7 by the way
  15. wrongwei

wrongwei

I've tried everything people have suggested and I still get the screen Splash: recv failed and then the client won't load, which doesnt make sense because -Xnosplash that should skip the splash screen. Does no one know what to do?
  16. UMBREONalicious

UMBREONalicious

the reason i couldn't enter into shoddy is because i saved instead of opened it the first time i tried
  17. The Dark Aura

The Dark Aura

Every time I open Shoddy a sign comes up and says "Unable to Launch the Application". If I re-download the program it will work for 2 days to a week before I goes back again. Now I can seem to access the Shoddy Battle site either. I'm not sure if its temporarily down If there's just a problem with my computer.
  18. fiendmaster4

fiendmaster4

hi um my shoddy battle wont work. ive followed all the steps and it still wont show me my moves. i have a mac osx, i have uninstalled, reset java, reinstalled java, updated java. none of it has worked. sorry if this problem has already been corrected but i could really use some help
  19. FenrirXIV

FenrirXIV

Okay, so I JUST got Shoddy to work on my computer, but now whenever I challenge someone and they accept, I get a message saying, "An error occurred while reading a message from the server: Connection reset. Disconnect from server? (Try again at least once.)"

WTF?
  20. Ultimate Mewtwo

Ultimate Mewtwo

I have the same problem as these people, the login button completely ignores me and it's really annoying! Can anybody help? By the way, I have a windows computer.

I've never battled on shoddy before.
  21. Cloud557

Cloud557

Okay, I've been trying for the past two days, I've done everything that is listed on this page to get it working, and it still won't work. I'll take a screen shot or I'll copy everything that it says when I try to load it, so please, someone help! I'm running Windows 7 I might add! TT_TT

It says Unable To Load Application. And here are three pictures of what I get when I go into the details:

Code:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/Ace557/ShoddyError1.png

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/Ace557/ShoddyError2.png

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/Ace557/ShoddyError3.png

22. Zerofocus

Zerofocus

^This is what I also get
  23. FenrirXIV

FenrirXIV

>.> Wow? We need more technical support people here...
  24. Grape

Grape

Shoddy wont let me login!
  25. Duck92

Duck92

@Cloud557, & Zerofocus - Try reinstalling java. It might be something wrong with your java settings.

@Grape - You need to login faster.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)