Gen 3 Trying a new team, consisting of UU/BL. RMT would be nice.

Electrode @ Lum Berry
Trait: Static
EVs: 82 Atk / 176 Spd / 252 SAtk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Explosion
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

This thing is meant to paralyze, bolt, and set up a screen. I am never afraid to switch it out. Max SAtk for power, leaving some for attack in case I must go boom (won't OHKO, but leaves a dent).

Magmar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Flamethrower
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderpunch

SubPuncher. Blissey is caught offguard by the Focus Punch. The Sub gives me a chance to inflict extra damage with Flamethrower. However, I feel the EVs could be better distrubuted.

Butterfree (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 96 HP / 49 Def / 252 Spd / 96 SAtk / 17 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nightmare
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore

Guranteed to put someone to sleep/stun them. Nightmare for the brave Sleepers/Resters, and Psychic if I must attack.

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 86 Def / 74 SAtk / 98 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf
- Toxic

A wannabe Tank. It's powerful, and can take some hits. I feel rest sucks on it because it cannot raise it's defenses. It becomes a 3HKO tank.

Primeape (M) @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Endure
- Rock Slide
- Reversal

Enduriape. It has some speed already, so I tried more Power. Catches Weezings and Skarmorys offguard with a major dent. Plus it can't be put to sleep, so that's a plus.

Shiftry (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 38 HP / 220 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Faint Attack
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day

Originally was my Grenade, but everyone was expecting it. 250 speed doubled helps. Solarbeam and Faint Attack for STAB, and HP Fire for the heck of it.

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
HP Ice for Salamences and Flygon would be nice on Magmar. You actually want Hasty or Timid Nature with > 300 speed to outspeed 299ers and 300ers such as Salamences, Zapdoses, Celebis, Flygons, etc. Give it Fire Blast if you want it to really dent stuff.

Walrein could RestTalk, Roar, Encore, or Charm over Toxic if you don't like Toxic. Some people also use it something similar to Cursepert with CUrse, Earthquake, Ice Beam, though I don't know how effective it is. I would give it atleast 401 HP and 300 Defense to make it a solid DDer counter.

Primeape could use speed boost from Salac and receive its Attack boost by Bulk Up > Earthquake. You may want Cross Chop over Reversal...less accurate but when it chs it's pretty much a better Reversal; you also don't have to wait till Primeape's last HP to start kicking butt. It's your choice, though. Adamant or Jolly Nature plz.

Usually Shiftry has Explosion over Faint Attack to take down Blissey, Snorlax, or Salamence that could take hits from it.. but it is interesting to see Shiftry take down Gengars with Faint Attack xd. I'd still go Explosion, though...you could always switch to Magmar, which could then abuse the Sunny Day enhanced Fire Blast.

Plz ditch Electrode and Butterfree, they are worthless in competitive pokemoning x_x Perhaps Nidoking to cover your Walrein's weakness to Rock and Fighting as well as Boah and viltar and electrics. Perhaps Armaldo or Cradily for Rapid Spinning and Normal resist and some active offense against Raikou, Zapdos, and Jolteon...You may need to switch your Walrein for Blastoise or Slowbro for better Metagross protection (Blastoise and Cradily, Slowbro and Armaldo should be the right combination)

that butterfree set is all over the place, and Nightmare is a terrible move.

IIRC Jumpluff is BL, so you could use that for a substitute. 75% isn't so bad.

Hmm, does Shiftry really need that much speed? All you need is like 8-16 EV's and you outspeed everything after SD. Also, it's not a Double Team filled game, so just use HPDark for what little more power it can have, since it needs all it can get. Quagsire might also be better than Walrein, as it's esentially a little Swampert.

Despite your lovingly affection for Electrode, Electabuzz actually can put a huge dent to OU's. Ice Punch, Cros Chop, Thunder(bolt) alone pretty much discourages from what, Zapdos, Blissey, Snorlax, Metagross, Tyranitar, all Waters, Celebi, Skarmory from switching in onto it. Seriously, can you ask for something better? Although it gets rape by Dugtrio after a kill, unlike with Electrode, imo it's still better.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
if you really want an old school uu double powderer, go with venomoth. it is better than butterfree (if only slightly) and way cool.

i'd probably ditch toxic on walrein and make it a sleep talker so you have a status taker. that way, you could possibly afford to put another leftovers or two on your team over the lum berries.

i don't think magmar needs max attack OR special attack. i'd run maybe 176-200ish for each and put the rest into hp and/or speed (could you get it faster than a breloom possibly? that'd be a nice speed goal for it).

eh, that's all i got right now.

Hmm, does Shiftry really need that much speed? All you need is like 8-16 EV's and you outspeed everything after SD. Also, it's not a Double Team filled game, so just use HPDark for what little more power it can have, since it needs all it can get. Quagsire might also be better than Walrein, as it's esentially a little Swampert.

Despite your lovingly affection for Electrode, Electabuzz actually can put a huge dent to OU's. Ice Punch, Cros Chop, Thunder(bolt) alone pretty much discourages from what, Zapdos, Blissey, Snorlax, Metagross, Tyranitar, all Waters, Celebi, Skarmory from switching in onto it. Seriously, can you ask for something better? Although it gets rape by Dugtrio after a kill, unlike with Electrode, imo it's still better.
Is Electabuzz UU? I thought it would be BL/OU, with it's diversity.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Electabuzz is at best BL...it has diverse offense, but when its EVs are thinned out, its offense is actually not that remarkable. Zapdos and Celebi has no problems walling it =/

IIRC, buzz was always under the UU section of the list. Even then, title says team consists of UU and BL, so what's the problem?

The only NFE that are actually on BL is Chansey and Scyther and Kadabra and maybe Haunter, but that might be the RBY list. All others are normally not an issue and are just used regardless. The only time the question really comes up if it's an NU tournament.

Eh, IMO Earthquake kinda sucks on Primeape. I would probably go with Bulk Up or Meditate, or whatever attack boosting move he gets... SD if he gets it. Bulk Up raises your defense making you harder to OHKO, which isn't really that great, but you get +2 Attack with the Leichi...

If you don't want that then I would consider... HP Bug i guess, to hit Celebi and Claydol and other stuff you aren't doing much to anyway. I just don't see many times when you would use EQ and not Reversal... The only Poison type that doesn't levitate that I would be worried about is Muk, but it's probably better to OHKO Solrock and stuff that's more common.

The team is meant for OUs so you probably won't see Muk or Primeape too often. Also, HPGhost is better so you can actually hit Gengar and the 2 psychics. Also, Rock Slide isn't needed casue a NVE Reversal is the same as Rock Slide, sans the flinch, but you're not likely to miss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)