TSG' Pokémon Marathon for Act Today! Discussion Thread

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

If you guys head over to The Speed Gamers' website, you'll notice that there's a special event going on this week. From June 15-22, their moderators and gamers are going to catch every single Pokemon as a charity event! Smogon is supporting the event (you can read the announcement here), so it seems reasonable enough that we should have a place to discuss the event! That's what this topic is for. Feel free to discuss the actual run-through, the Act Today! organization, or anything related to the event.

TGS' is raising money for Act Today!, which is an organization that provides funds and services to autistic children in order to help them achieve their maximum potential. It's really cool stuff; you should check out their Mission Statement. I dunno, I think it's awesome that people are using Pokemon to make a difference in the lives of autistic children and their families. If you with to make a donation, please click on this link to support their cause. Their goal is $50,000 dollars, so let's help them make that dream a reality!

Here's some quotes and resources from their site that should help answer some of your questions on the event:

Who are TheSpeedGamers?
TheSpeedGamers are a group who stream live video game marathons with a commentator while raising funds to benefit various charities. The team consists primarily out of the Fort Worth area of Texas, US, though there are members from around the world, including but not limited to Australia, Canada and Denmark.
Do you use glitches or hacks?
Our speed runs are done without glitching or hacking. No cheats are used either. You will not see any ten minute Zelda runs or anything like that because we make sure every major event is completed, though long dialogue or cutscenes may be avoided at times.
How are you going to catch [Pokémon]?
Event Pokémon are gathered ahead of time. Pokémon from certain games are acquired from those games, live. The final DS card will have a complete Pokédex and all of the final evolutions.
[youtube]evP-SBh5TXc[/youtube]​

Yep, that's about it! I can't wait to watch this event unfold; these guys are awesome for putting on such a cool fundraiser for autistic children. You can check out their newsfeed for even more information. Let's cheer them on as they get started tonight at 6 PM CDT!

We can all watch the live feed here. THIS IS LIVE RIGHT NOW!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you all heard that someone wanted to name that Charmander after Smogon but was too slow: that was me I missed it by a few seconds =(

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Close!

Haha, well now we will have a lovely Butterfree instead =)

Also, they're taking donations of $5 to name an entire Pokemon evolution chain. Methinks I'm gonna hop on that before it's too late, haha.

Birk-a-dit:

So happy we're supporting TSG. I've been a fan of them for a few years now. They're the best! Great people, great causes!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Props for creating a thread like this. Always wanted to do more support for these guys in the past but never got anything like this up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)